Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 17th, 2024, 7:41am

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Who Will Replace Simon? »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   The Idols Shows
   American Idol
(Moderators: lakelady, Isle_be_back)
   Who Will Replace Simon?
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Who Will Replace Simon?  (Read 1090 times)
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

29289456 29289456   rhune_1971   Rhune1971
View Profile Email

Who Will Replace Simon?
« on: Jan 28th, 2010, 8:46am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

(CNN) -- There's lots of speculation as to who will be replacing Simon Cowell on "American Idol" and who will serve as judges on Cowell's new show "The X Factor."

One name being bandied about is that of Tommy Mottola, former head of Sony Music Entertainment, who is said to be in the process of being courted by both shows as a possible judge.

A source with knowledge of the negotiations said there is "some truth" to reports that Mottola has been pegged to possibly replace the mercurial "Idol" judge. That source said Cowell also is interested in bringing Mottola on board for his new talent show.

"There's a lot of business that Mr. Mottola does with Simon Cowell and lots of businesses that probably will be announced soon," the source said. "Nothing is official yet, and nothing is set."

Mottola is the ex-husband of singer Mariah Carey and well-known in the industry for having an eye and ear for major talent.

It's been widely reported he helped guide the careers of several successful acts including Jennifer Lopez and Destiny's Child. He is currently married to Mexican pop star Thalia.

The news of a possible deal with Mottola comes as buzz continues to build that former "Idol" judge Paula Abdul has met with Cowell to discuss her participation in the show. Abdul and Cowell were known for their playful battles on "Idol," and fans were vocal about their displeasure that Abdul would not be returning for the ninth season.

This season, several celebrities have served as guest judges on "Idol" during the audition round, including singer Katy Perry, who told MTV that she enjoyed the gig that saw her dishing out some harsh criticism and crossing swords with permanent judge Kara DioGuardi.

"If I was offered that job as a permanent host, I would ditch my career and take on that career," Perry said.
IP Logged
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile Email

Re: Who Will Replace Simon?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 28th, 2010, 8:54am »

There's really two ways for them to go with this.  I say the real money is in the show, in the advertisements and endorsements, not in the album sales.  Having legitimate artists come out of this is a bonus, but the real money is in the ads.  Ford and Coke are reported to be paying about $35 million per season for their plugs, and then they reportedly get about $600,000 per 30 second ad that's shown during the program and double that for the ads shown during the finale.

So, they could replace him with another music industry talent scout, but unless they have a sharp wit, the show will suffer.  I'd be more interested in seeing someone like Russel Brand, who would bring that same British flavor to the show and be quick with the quips and remarks.
IP Logged
Isle_be_back
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Jan 29th, 2010, 3:27am »

on Jan 28th, 2010, 8:54am, Rhune wrote:
I'd be more interested in seeing someone like Russel Brand, who would bring that same British flavor to the show and be quick with the quips and remarks.

I was thinking more in the line of Russell Hantz.  Wink
IP Logged
ImANewUser
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: Jan 29th, 2010, 12:06pm »

^^People would fawn over Russell's choice easily, so no. :laff:

Please be some experienced artist like Shania Twain. <333
IP Logged

I wanna see if I can embark on reviving Forumsnet. I hope I succeed. I really miss this place. Cheesy
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: Feb 2nd, 2010, 7:24pm »

It's got to be someone with a sense of humor and who's honest in their assessment.  It's Simon's personality that keeps the show going, not his expertise.
IP Logged
willsonak9
ForumsNet Member
China 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Feb 11th, 2010, 1:09pm »

There are lot of guesses but I would say that only talented and experienced artist can replace Simon.
IP Logged

Eureka TV Shows , Watch Ghost Whisperer Episode
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.