Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 29th, 2024, 12:34am

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Last Comic Standing Boycott!!! »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Other Reality Television Shows
   Other Reality Shows
(Moderators: Heather, Isle_be_back)
   Last Comic Standing Boycott!!!
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: all 1 2  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Last Comic Standing Boycott!!!  (Read 6153 times)
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

Last Comic Standing Boycott!!!
« on: May 29th, 2006, 2:18pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Just saw the adverts for this show this weekend and was SHOCKED that NBC would be foolish enough to try this again after their stunt the last time...  

For those who don't remember... NBC led us along all season only to have the finale show on their OTHER channel - Bravo.. which is fine if you have cable.. but we don't,... and I'm sure many others don't... and it left many people just hanging with no finale...  

I swore then I'd never watch this show again.. and I watched both seasons faithfully!!  That said, I'm leading the boycott...  

NO LAST COMIC STANDING!!!!
IP Logged

There are only 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary, and those who don't.
St. Jimmy
ForumsNet Member

Despite losing, the Pats are still #1 team ever!

View Profile Email

Re: Last Comic Standing Boycott!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 29th, 2006, 2:35pm »

Yeah... totally AGREED!!! Why would you do something like that... BTW, did you end up actually finding out who won?
« Last Edit: May 29th, 2006, 2:36pm by St. Jimmy » IP Logged

BIG BROTHER 10, CANNOT WAIT!
Joab
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: May 29th, 2006, 2:56pm »

Why did NBC decided to show the finale on Bravo instead? It's DUMB.
IP Logged

Vote in The Amazing Race Survival Battle -
http://www.forumsnet.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=tar5game;action=display;num=1229008287
Isle_be_back
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: May 29th, 2006, 10:03pm »

on May 29th, 2006, 2:35pm, mumbleboy wrote:
BTW, did you end up actually finding out who won?

LCS 1...Dat Phan
LCS 2...John Heffron
LCS 3...Alonzo Bodden

I also hated what NBC did at the end of last season, but I am addicted to stand-up comedy.  But I'll give them one more shot at getting this right.  If they don't, I'm grabbing a pitchfork and a torch and heading straight up to the executive offices of NBC myself.  Angry
« Last Edit: May 29th, 2006, 10:04pm by Isle_be_back » IP Logged
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: May 30th, 2006, 4:32pm »

Alonzo was the one that they switched over.. I still have no idea why they did it, unless they thought they might carry some viewers over to Bravo from NBC.  Problem was, there were many who didn't have Bravo, and there was no alternative for those people... and to not have anything.. I could have even put up with a "aftershow" of sorts, that had the winner on it... something.. but I just thought this was such a crappy deal from NBC.  

I loved all three seasons, and laughed my @$$ off when they were playing hide and seek with Dat in season 1, and he went and hid for like an hour.. and no one was looking for him... :laff:  

John Heffron was awesome.. I'm surprised we've not seen more of him since then..

I honestly never knew for sure who won number three until now... I figured it was Alonzo, but never saw or heard anything about it after they switched it over.. Sad
IP Logged

There are only 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Tyler
ForumsNet Member
USA 

TAOR5 Starts Soon!

331122624 331122624   racedude122003   racedude122003
View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: May 31st, 2006, 3:34am »

This is just like the NASCAR races where most are on Fox or NBC but sometimes FOX will show them on FX and NBC sometimes does TNT....
IP Logged
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: May 31st, 2006, 5:22am »

on May 31st, 2006, 3:34am, Jupiter wrote:
This is just like the NASCAR races where most are on Fox or NBC but sometimes FOX will show them on FX and NBC sometimes does TNT....

Well, sort of.. .only more like if they showed the first 490 laps of the Indy 500 and then said the rest would be moved to a pay channel... and there you are.. sitting not able to see the last ten laps... Sad
IP Logged

Tyler
ForumsNet Member
USA 

TAOR5 Starts Soon!

331122624 331122624   racedude122003   racedude122003
View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: Jun 1st, 2006, 10:15am »

They don't switch over in the middle of the show!! That would be outragious! It would be in the middle of the season which is what they do for us also.
IP Logged
Isle_be_back
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Jun 1st, 2006, 6:27pm »

Sorry guys.  I crossed the picket line and checked out the show the other night.  

As usual you really can't tell how funny their set is, since they only show about ten seconds of it. (Hopefully the punchline makes it in somehow.)  

The Buck Star Show returned with minimal fanfare and even less prearation and material than last season.  Jim Wiggins also figured he'd try again. Jim was cut but they decided to let Buck go to Vegas next week so he could bomb in front of a live audience.  (It's probably the only way they'll get rid of him.) Oh yeah and Skippy from Family Ties was there also.  

I'll wait a bit longer before I pick my favorites.  Besides, they went by so fast I didn't really get the chance to get to know them.  Hopefully next week will be better.  Maybe they'll get 20 seconds airtime then. Wink
IP Logged
Jeff
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Get down tonight ;)

jjh295   hane295
View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Jun 8th, 2006, 10:35am »

I was so mad at Last Comic Stand 3 (hated the whole season, but was thrilled that Alonzo won). However, I have been watching this season. I watch it to see the comics, not support NBC.

Now, let's see if I can remember the names of people I like.

I am rooting for Roz. She is definitely one of my favorites, if not, my favorite for this season. Josh Blue is also a great comic.

I can't remember her name, but I am also rooting for the girl with the lisp.

I hope Joey Gay gets eliminated real soon. In his second set, he was already repeating material. That doesn't bode well. It shows a lack of material when you have to start repeating the second performance.
IP Logged
Isle_be_back
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: Jun 8th, 2006, 11:49am »

on Jun 8th, 2006, 10:35am, Jeff wrote:

It shows a lack of material when you have to start repeating the second performance.

That didn't stop Dat Phan from winning.  Undecided

Yeah. Roz is good.  I don't know if I'll be able to handle much of that chick with the lithp though.  It thtarts to get annoying pretty fatht.  As for the handicapped dude...I think he's getting the sympathy vote. Maybe I'm  just pissed because the biker dude was cut.  I thought he was the funniest one there.

Chances are, they are looking for good housemate fodder.

BTW I checked the length of their 3 minute sets and found them to be about 2 minutes shy on the average.
 Undecided
« Last Edit: Jun 8th, 2006, 11:51am by Isle_be_back » IP Logged
Jeff
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Get down tonight ;)

jjh295   hane295
View Profile

« Reply #11 on: Jun 8th, 2006, 12:27pm »

I wasn't a fan of Dat Phan. I was really rooting for Ralphie Mae and Corey Kahaney that season.

I don't think Josh Blue is there because of sympathy. I found him to be hilarious. I believe that he may do better because of a sympathy vote, but even without that, I think he was great and deserved to be there.

I was surprised about April Macie making it. I would take the biker dude over her anyday. I liked her, but find it hard to believe she was one of the 5 best that night. I think she made it because she'd act a bit wacky in the house.

At least Theo didn't make it in the house. I think he only made it that far because NBC was hoping to bring in some MTV viewers with him. There were much better comics that didn't make it that far.

Which brings me to another complaint. Miami continually gets screwed over on this show. In Season 2, by the time they got to Miami, they only had one spot left. This season, they only had two spots left. The talent scouts aren't pacing themselves well enough when giving out the tickets and it screws over certain cities (Miami this season and season 2 and Chicago this season).

Either don't have such a concrete number or get talent scouts who can pace out the tickets better.
IP Logged
Tyler
ForumsNet Member
USA 

It's mine now, and you can't have it!

View Profile Email

« Reply #12 on: Jun 9th, 2006, 12:29pm »

I was glad Theo Von didn't get into the house either. He's just a has-been, trying to extend his 16 minutes of fame. Roz and Josh Blue were hilarious, but I didn't want the other three finalists to make it into the house. April Macie wasn't funny at all, and I prefered the older woman with the joke about her dad in a dress.
IP Logged

TAR10 Early Faves
Bilal & Sa'eed
Duke & Lauren
Dustin & Kandice
Lyn & Karlyn
Peter & Sarah
Vipul & Arti
Jeff
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Get down tonight ;)

jjh295   hane295
View Profile

« Reply #13 on: Jun 16th, 2006, 4:33pm »

Nikki was the only person that had on cracking-up to the point of choking last night, so I am highly upset that she did not make it into the house. Especially after it was revealed that they were bringing two more people. I wonder if the producers didn't want Nikki there because they were worried about her lisp annoying viewers.

I don't know how April Macie, Joey Gay, and Rebecca Corry made it to the house over people like Nikki and Wild Willy. I am rooting for Roz and Gabriel to win.
IP Logged
Tyler
ForumsNet Member
USA 

It's mine now, and you can't have it!

View Profile Email

« Reply #14 on: Jun 16th, 2006, 6:49pm »

Faves
Roz
Josh Blue
Stella
Michele Balan
Kristin Key
Rebecca Cory

Hate
Chris Porter
Joey Gay
April Macie
Gabriel Iglesias
Bil Dwyer
Ty Barnett
IP Logged

TAR10 Early Faves
Bilal & Sa'eed
Duke & Lauren
Dustin & Kandice
Lyn & Karlyn
Peter & Sarah
Vipul & Arti
Pages: all 1 2  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.