Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 19th, 2024, 7:20pm

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « TARA2: Henry & Terri (Philippines) »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Amazing Race
   Amazing Race - Asia
(Moderators: JP, Joab, Isle_be_back)
   TARA2: Henry & Terri (Philippines)
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: all 1 2 3  4 Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: TARA2: Henry & Terri (Philippines)  (Read 5647 times)
banzai
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

TARA2: Henry & Terri (Philippines)
« on: Oct 10th, 2007, 2:24pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Married 13 Years        

Member 1               
Name       :       Henry Reed
Occupation       :       Retired US Navy Senior Chief Petty Officer
Age       :       48
Hometown       :       Philippines

Member 2               
Name       :       Terri Reed
Occupation       :       Housewife
Age       :       44
Hometown       :       Philippines

When it comes to the discipline, dedication and effort placed in getting things done, nothing prepares you quite like the military and after over 20 years of serving his country, retired United States Navy Senior Chief Petty Officer Henry Reed, together with his wife, Terri, is taking all he knows about travelling around the world and putting them into competing in The Amazing Race Asia.

"After 20 years in the military, traveling does not scare me but provides a refreshing adrenaline rush," explains the 48 year old American, who is now residing in the Philippines with his Filipino wife of 13 years, Terri.  

His intention is to use the race as a backdrop to spend some quality time with his wife while learning about different parts of the world. Of course, the prize money is an added bonus should they win.  

A fitness fanatic who has been shot off an aircraft carrier (this is something you have to check with him), ridden a bicycle at over 100 kilometers per hour and played his favorite sport of lacrosse in sold out venues, this adrenaline junkie is hoping the race will bring him a new level of excitement that would match, if not surpass his expectations.  

But don't let the tough guy exterior fool you because he admits to be extremely gullible and trusting and does not like it when people take advantage of it. On the other hand, Mrs. Reed just wants to have some quality time with her husband, who she feels has been neglecting her recently.  

"I want to have a chance again to be with my husband against the world," says Terri, 44, who is hoping that the travel adventure will rekindle the spark they once shared.  

And watching them together, it is not hard to see why these two, as Henry puts it, are "borderline dysfunctional". Before anything happens, they talk, and then they argue, then smile, laugh and talk, then argue again. After that, the cycle repeats itself.  

Their game plan for the race even has something to do with the ability that Terri has, which Henry seems to have been subjected to a lot of over the years.  

"One of my wife's biggest strengths is the ability to influence people and get them to do what she wants while having them believe they are doing what they want," he says as a matter of fact.  

"We'll also try and make sure our opponents believe that we are a lot nicer and likeable than we really are. Make no mistake, this is a race and we plan to destroy our competitors one by one by any legal means necessary," he promises.

http://amazing-race-asia.axn-asia.com/season2/teams/henry-trinidad/index .html
« Last Edit: Oct 10th, 2007, 2:26pm by banzai » IP Logged
banzai
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

Re: TARA2: Henry & Terri (Philippines)
« Reply #1 on: Oct 10th, 2007, 2:29pm »

http://inquirerbloggers.net/couchpotatoes/2007/10/07/fire-and-ice/

Fire and ice  
10/07/07

By Paolo R. Reyes
Inquirer

MANILA, Philippines'They may have been mistaken as 'Team Africa' by one of the clueless Malaysian contestants, but retired US Navy senior officer Henry Reed, 48, and his strong-willed Filipina wife of 13 years, Terri, 44, are as Pinoy as they come ' minus the modest, passive-aggressive personality, that is.

Super sat down with the outspoken husband-wife tandem and grilled them for a full disclosure. (Well, almost. We don't want them to incur the $5 million penalty that's cemented in their contract.) One thing's for sure, these hard-nosed competitors are bound to generate some seismic shockwaves over the boob tube.

What made you decide to join the race?

Terri: It was my idea. I loved watching the show. So I asked Henry if we could. He asked me, 'Give me 10 reasons why we should?' I was up till 3 a.m. thinking. Then I got out of bed, grabbed a piece of paper, and wrote down: 'P5 million. P5 million. P5 million '' There were 5 million reasons!

Did you have any kind of alliance with Marc and Rovi?

Terri: NO!!! No, no, no. That's all I can say. And that you're not going to be disappointed with the Philippine teams this season.

Henry: Alliances really don't work. It's such an individual thing. Unlike in 'Survivor,' you don't need anybody else for this game.

Did things get really nasty between the teams?

Terri: You'll have to wait and see. But it got real nasty between me and Henry.

Henry: In our normal, everyday life, we fight a lot. That is the reality of it. [laughs]

Do you think you'll be portrayed differently after the final edit?

Terri: I really don't think so. You better agree with me, Henry!

Henry: It's real fire, believe me. The only way they could change what really happened, through editing, would be to make us look boring and lovey-dovey.

Terri: I don't think they'll be able to find that kind of footage.

Henry: If they could stretch about 38 to 39 seconds of lovey-dovey moments, then hats off to them. There's too much fire there! [laughs]

What was your edge over the other teams?

Henry: I guess being mature and being together for so long. I think we're the oldest team.

Terri: Please. Don't remind them!

Henry: When I was in the military, we traveled around the world. I trusted her to read maps and give me directions. She's pretty industrious. When she's focused, nothing is going to stop her. When we were in New York, she had to get some major dental work. The doctor told her she couldn't eat meat for two weeks and she can't talk for two days. On the way out of the doctor's office, she's already yakking 'take me to Sizzlers to have a steak!' She don't listen to anybody, and she's always right.

How was your marriage after the race?

Terri: Same thing. Lucky 13. But we promised each other that after 49 years of marriage, he'll have his 'one minute' ' a minute when he can have his peace and I cannot say a single word.

Henry: For one minute she can just shut the hell up. She can't talk to me. She can't yell at me. She's just going to leave me alone for 60 seconds. I don't think she's going to be able to do it. It ain't gonna happen! [laughs]
« Last Edit: Oct 10th, 2007, 2:37pm by banzai » IP Logged
MK
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Oct 10th, 2007, 5:42pm »

On the other hand, Mrs. Reed just wants to have some quality time with her husband, who she feels has been neglecting her recently.

I laugh at this phrase because it reminds me of someone I know.  Grin I'm sure it will be impossible for Henry to neglect Terri when they are racing around the world, especially based on the description of her.

I like that we have an older team that's not that old. I bet Henry and Terri will be one of the most memorable teams this season. Provided they aren't like the first out.
IP Logged

Hi. Smiley
Sam.
ForumsNet Member
United_Kingdom 

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Oct 11th, 2007, 3:31pm »

One of my favourites so far :tup:
IP Logged

Vote in my Survivor game: http://www.forumsnet.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=fantasysurvivor;action=display;num=1224335537
Joab
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Oct 12th, 2007, 9:18am »

My favourites too! Reminds me of CHIP and KIM!

Too loving, aww! Grin
IP Logged

Vote in The Amazing Race Survival Battle -
http://www.forumsnet.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=tar5game;action=display;num=1229008287
JP
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

Ditch IE. Use Firefox.

293041687 293041687     jezzieflanigan
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Oct 13th, 2007, 10:53am »

The bickering might come out as Jon/Vic-ish but I hope not.
IP Logged
Undecided.
ForumsNet Member
USA 

American Idol: Bring Mishavonna Henson back! =)

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Oct 13th, 2007, 1:43pm »

I don't like them at all... Embarassed
IP Logged

ImANewUser
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: Oct 13th, 2007, 11:58pm »

Preshow faves!!! Grin They remind me of Teri and Ian. Grin

on Oct 13th, 2007, 1:43pm, Jake. wrote:
I don't like them at all... Embarassed

I kinda guessed that... :laff:
« Last Edit: Oct 13th, 2007, 11:59pm by ImANewUser » IP Logged

I wanna see if I can embark on reviving Forumsnet. I hope I succeed. I really miss this place. Cheesy
sneezemachine
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

rjmercado87  
View Profile Email

« Reply #8 on: Oct 21st, 2007, 6:28am »

hm,, i'd rather have them than marc/rovilson to reprazent the philippines.
IP Logged
suhanaommar
ForumsNet Member
Malaysia 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Oct 30th, 2007, 3:46am »

this team looks american..not asian. Kiss
IP Logged
banzai
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: Oct 30th, 2007, 12:49pm »

^^ Agree.
IP Logged
Heather
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Yami+Setsu
View Profile Email

« Reply #11 on: Oct 30th, 2007, 5:11pm »

Henry is American though isn't he? And Terri's Filipino....
IP Logged

http://www.tengaged.com/user/supergoten
^please click this link as often as you want, give me free money on tengaged Cheesy
JP
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

Ditch IE. Use Firefox.

293041687 293041687     jezzieflanigan
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #12 on: Oct 31st, 2007, 10:45am »

^ Correct.
IP Logged
sneezemachine
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

rjmercado87  
View Profile Email

« Reply #13 on: Nov 1st, 2007, 9:37am »

post-'racers revealed': heehee, a cute couple. i predict that they're going to be strong,,
IP Logged
Heather
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Yami+Setsu
View Profile Email

« Reply #14 on: Nov 4th, 2007, 3:25pm »

I agree, he was in the Navy, he has to be strong. Hopefully the Philippines will do much better this season. Smiley
IP Logged

http://www.tengaged.com/user/supergoten
^please click this link as often as you want, give me free money on tengaged Cheesy
Pages: all 1 2 3  4 Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.