Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 18th, 2024, 6:33pm

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « The finale »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Survivor
   Survivor General Gossip & News
(Moderators: lakelady, yesteach, MediaScribe, Isle_be_back)
   The finale
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: The finale  (Read 633 times)
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

29289456 29289456   rhune_1971   Rhune1971
View Profile Email

The finale
« on: May 20th, 2002, 9:16am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

What did you think about Vee winning season 4?

I feel cheated by the editing, because she had no storyline, the fact that she dilligently wrote things down and cataloged them and everything else wasn't revealed until the last episode.  I would have liked more of that throughout the season so I could at least root for her.

Random thoughts about the reunion:
I was bitterly disappointed that Kathy lost, but I thought she looked GREAT!  At the reunion. she looked like Catherine Willows from CSI.  I thought Neleh also looked really pretty and was almost unrecognizable until she started talking and started bugging her eyes out.  Rob looked like he had put on the most weight - more than he started out with in the first episode.  He didn't look bad, but I have to wonder if he binged majorly after getting kicked off.  I thought John's hair was odd looking - he needed a hair cut.  I thought it was really cool that Rosie gave them each a car, but I was disappointed that she didn't give each one of them an introduction and a chance to speak.
IP Logged
Addams
You Bet Your ASS Team
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

View Profile

Re: The finale
« Reply #1 on: May 20th, 2002, 9:32pm »

on May 20th, 2002, 9:16am, Rhune wrote:
What did you think about Vee winning season 4?

I feel cheated by the editing, because she had no storyline, the fact that she dilligently wrote things down and cataloged them and everything else wasn't revealed until the last episode.  I would have liked more of that throughout the season so I could at least root for her.

Random thoughts about the reunion:
I was bitterly disappointed that Kathy lost, but I thought she looked GREAT!  At the reunion. she looked like Catherine Willows from CSI.  I thought Neleh also looked really pretty and was almost unrecognizable until she started talking and started bugging her eyes out.  Rob looked like he had put on the most weight - more than he started out with in the first episode.  He didn't look bad, but I have to wonder if he binged majorly after getting kicked off.  I thought John's hair was odd looking - he needed a hair cut.  I thought it was really cool that Rosie gave them each a car, but I was disappointed that she didn't give each one of them an introduction and a chance to speak.
Same things I noticed.  I agree that it was disappointing - not so much that Vee won, she seems like a lovely person, but that we never had a chance to bond with her - it was so empty a feeling we neither loved her nor hated her - just empty.  

I too was very disappointed in the Rosie version of the reunion.  The fact that several people either didn't speak or said one single word only was too bad.  Rosie didn't have a question for each person and the hype didn't make up for this oversight in my opinion.

fun season though.  I enjoyed it all.
IP Logged
LibertyBelle
ForumsNet Member

libertybelle28  
View Profile

« Reply #2 on: May 20th, 2002, 9:54pm »

I think Neleh's had a nose job! Agree with everything y'all said. Kathy's the one everyone will remember from this season. And she looks so spectacular she'll probably get some good offers for endorsements. I hope she does.
IP Logged

I watch from the wings at the play you are staging - while I'm sitting here doing nothing but aging.
~ George Harrison ~
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: May 21st, 2002, 8:25am »

Tammy almost looked like she had a nose job too, but I realized that with her face more fleshy, it just made it so her nose didn't stand out so much.  I wonder if it was the same with Neleh.
IP Logged
LibertyBelle
ForumsNet Member

libertybelle28  
View Profile

« Reply #4 on: May 21st, 2002, 9:04am »

You're probably right Rhune. I rewatched my tape last night and caught a profile shot of Neleh, and the "nose" was still pretty much there. Makeup can do a lot too.

When the camera first panned in for a Neleh close-up, I nearly fell off my chair! She actually looked beautiful until she opened her mouth and the eyes began to bug out. Then she was just Neleh again LOL.
IP Logged

I watch from the wings at the play you are staging - while I'm sitting here doing nothing but aging.
~ George Harrison ~
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: May 21st, 2002, 10:21am »

Nods nods.. I thought the very same thing, she looked so pretty and I nearly didn't recognize her...and then she talked...those little eyes bugged way out and she rolls her head around...I dunno, maybe seeing herself on tv will change some of her mannerisms, because when she's not rolling her head and bugging her eyes out, she can look very glamorous.  Course I'm sounding catty now. Wink
IP Logged
LibertyBelle
ForumsNet Member

libertybelle28  
View Profile

« Reply #6 on: May 21st, 2002, 1:04pm »

Quote:
Course I'm sounding catty now.

Nope, just honest! Cheesy  
Those mannerisms of hers ruin her image. Maybe she'll read the boards and get a clue. Wink
IP Logged

~ George Harrison ~
MzzJoplin
ForumsNet Member

Thaid no more ...

View Profile

My two cents ...
« Reply #7 on: May 22nd, 2002, 2:47pm »

I am such a huge Survivor fan ... and this season was GREAT ....
BUT ...
I was SO disappointed in the ending!!!   VEE won??  I couldn't believe it ...   I don't think she deserved the million dollars AT ALL ... I thought Neleh deserved it much more than "Decepia" ...   Roll Eyes  
And the reunion show just sucked ...  Rosie didn't even talk to some of the contestants! None of the questions I wanted answered were even asked ... (sigh)

OK ... I'm done ranting ... sorry ...  Lips Sealed
IP Logged

"It's hard to be free, but when it works, it sure is worth it ... " ~ Janis Joplin
Mags
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

MagsCDN
View Profile

« Reply #8 on: May 22nd, 2002, 3:18pm »

My 2 cents..

I felt like it was a waste of my time! Sad

I tried to enjoy the show but this last one just "sucked!"

I would have felt better if Sean had won.. at least we knew him.. I didn't like him, but...I knew enough of him not to like him...

Oh well... Lips Sealed  End of Rant..
IP Logged

If you judge people, you have less time to Love them. Anon.

Maggi
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.