Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 5:27am

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Jed's Chat »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Survivor
   Survivor General Gossip & News
(Moderators: lakelady, yesteach, MediaScribe, Isle_be_back)
   Jed's Chat
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Jed's Chat  (Read 654 times)
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

29289456 29289456   rhune_1971   Rhune1971
View Profile Email

Jed's Chat
« on: Oct 4th, 2002, 1:40pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I'm in room #730 if anyone else is joining.
IP Logged
Mzz_Joplin
ForumsNet Member

Thaid no more ...

View Profile

Re: Jed's Chat
« Reply #1 on: Oct 4th, 2002, 2:42pm »

Oh shoot!  I was at the chat, but didn't see this post til now, and it's over .. Sad

What did you think of Jed's chat?  I thought he was LAME ... the whole chat room was making fun of him through the whole thing ... lol
IP Logged

Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose ...
BlankWillWin
ForumsNet Member
USA 

The Psychotic Predictor

Elladan915@yahoo.com  
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 4th, 2002, 3:14pm »

I tried, but the chat room wouldn't load for me.  Sad

Eric.
IP Logged

The Artist formerly known as Tina, Ethan, Neleh, Helen, Deena, Tijuana, & AmberWillWin.
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

29289456 29289456   rhune_1971   Rhune1971
View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 4th, 2002, 5:11pm »

Let's just say I'd rank Jed's social awareness at around Deb's level...he just seemed clueless about how he acted.
IP Logged
BlankWillWin
ForumsNet Member
USA 

The Psychotic Predictor

Elladan915@yahoo.com  
View Profile WWW Email

Transcript of Jed's Chat
« Reply #4 on: Oct 4th, 2002, 6:48pm »

Survivor Host: Hi Jed! Thanks for spending some time to chat with us today. Are you ready for some questions?

Survivor Jed: Yes, fire away!

Q: Jed, Im wondering if you had any idea you were going to be voted out or was it a totall surprise? thanks
A: It was a total surprise. I believed people when they said they weren't voting for me.

Q: What were your tactics or strategy for playing the game?
A: My strategy was to have people of the same mind set wanting to enjoy their time on the island rather than stir up drama and get rid of those that wanted to cause tension. I wanted to keep the team as strong as possible to win immunity but others had a different strategy.

Q: Did you watch any of the previous seasons of survivor, and if so did you use any strategic moves from watching them?
A: Yes, I watched the other episodes from Survivor and took other people's mistakes to make my game plan. I really liked how Gabe was not going to fall into the trap of playing the backstabbing game but also Colby's efforts to appease everyone and compete 100% in the challenges.

Q: What was the first thing you did when you got voted off?
A: I grabbed a quick snack and started scrubbing off all the dirt in and grime.

Q: There has been many comments that you have been lazy, is that true? or are you just misunderstood?
A: Complete misunderstanding. It was a perception of what was important to survive. Some thought the fort was more important than food or water for surviving. Also, the perception of some building the fort looks at all other activities as frivolous. I just wanted to keep the team as healthy and strong to win challenges but others chose to throw the challenge.

Q: you spent a lot of time with stephanie were you attracted to her?
A: I spent a lot of time with Stephanie and Robb because they had the same philosophy of keeping things strong on the team and food and water being essentials of live. She's a good looking girl and I think of her as my sister.

Q: all of girls are wondering of you have a girlfriend or wife?
A: I have neither a girlfriend nor a wife. I am single.

Q: Jed I think you are so hot! What did you think of Rob's actions during and after the last reward challenge?
A: Robb is a competitor and his emotions were running high. Robb should have held his tongue a little more but in those situations with lack of food and water your emotions get the best of you.

Q: How did you feel when you saw the camera pan to the net when you were in the water looking for it and it wasn't that far away?
A: When I saw that the net was about 20 yards beyond me it would have been great to have actually gotten it back but the fish that were caught in it equaled about two so it was more of a morale loss than a way of getting food.

Q: Hey Jed congrats at being chosen for Survivor 5. What were your favorite aspects of being on an island in Thailand?
A: The stars at night are amazing along with the sunsets. Also, the free time that we got to have without the errands of everyday life. The Thai islands are gorgeous and I can't wait to go back.

Q: Hi Jed, so how badly does everyone need a shower?
A: After the first day you can't even imagine the dirt and grime that collects on you. The smell goes away and you stop worrying about it but every once in a while you're wondering if it's a tan or if it's actually dirt.

Q: Hi Jed, why did you crawl in the shelter which you vehemently opposed building?
A: I didn't crawl in the shelter...if you watch close I crawled under it. I had built the floor of the shelter and thought that after three days of shelter building it was time for food. Call me crazy but eight people don't need to work on a shelter for five days.

Q: Do you think the fact that you took such a leadership role in the immunity challenge and then lost had anything to do with why you were voted off the island?
A: No, the other tribe members besides Robb, Stephanie and I had decided that they weren't going to participate in winning the challenge and so the outcome of the challenge was decided before it had even started. After the first two immunity challenges I decided to go ahead and step up to try to give it my all and win.

Q: Jed, were you upset that Sook Jai lost the Reward Challenge with the Red Berets? They really could have fixed your camp.
A: The reward challenge was more of a morale loss than it was a reward loss. Our camp was divided into two groups and the red berets were not going to be able to put us back together.

Q: Jed, what did you do to keep from being bored?
A: I would read the bible verses on my frisbee and body surf in the ocean.

Q: Jed, is Robb as arrogant and idiotic in real life as he portrays himself on tv?
A: No, Robb is a fun, happy go lucky guy that speaks his mind even when he shouldn't.

Q: your shorts were hanging pretty low and were quite revealing...were you even wearing underwear?
A: *laughs* No, what was I was wearing were board shorts and you don't wear underwear under a swimsuit.

Q: If playgirl asked you to do a photo shoot, would you?
A: No, I don't think that it would be a good portrayal of my beliefs and what I stand for.
Q: Jed if you could go back in time *zap* to any point in the game to try again, where would you go to?
A: To when Jake picked sunset or sunrise. If he would have picked sunrise then we would not have had to build a fort.

Q: Was Survivor harder or easier than you thought it would be?
A: Survivor was harder due to the lack of food intake and dehydration that I never would have expected. Feeling weak brings down everyone's attitude and zaps some of the fun and beauty of Thailand.

Q: Jed, the other tribe had the company of monkeys while on the island. Were there any monkeys around your area of the island?
A: There were a few families of monkeys that lived right behind us that would come out for sunrise and sunset and we loved watching them swing from the vines and play around our fort.

Q: Hi Jed!!! I was so disappointed to see you go...you didn't deserve it... you're way too sweet!..my question is...what four other luxury items that you chose before cbs chose the frisbee??
A: A hammock, Bible, devotional and a picture of my family.

Q: Do you keep in touch with anyone from your tribe? Anyone you'd consider a lifelong friend?
A: Yeah, I keep in touch with most everyone from the tribe. I love hearing how this changed their lives.

Q: Jed, Do you feel that you were a strong team player?
A: Yes, I feel like during the challenges I had to take a leading role but back at camp the tribe was divided in their priorities of survival.

Q: Hi Jed, What did you think about the rules at the Immunity Challenge? Would it have been better if there were no "Attack Zone"?
A: During the reward challenge if the attack zone had been on a separate level clearly marked there wouldn't have been the close calls but the attack zone made the reward challenge more competitive and a lot more fun.

Q: Jed, how did you feel about the way the tribes were chosen this time and were you happy with your tribe?
A: The way the tribes were chosen spiced things up and my tribe definitely had a lot of different personalities which I learned from.

Q: What did being on Survivor help you learn about yourself?
A: Survivor makes you dig down deep and find out what you're really made of and seeing if you can handle stressful situations and bond with people unlike yourself. I take from it good friendship and the beauty I saw in Thailand.

Q: After seeing the show, what did you think about the ted and ghandia incident?
A: I was shocked and it's sad to see drama like that in such a beautiful place.

Q: What was Sook Jai eating for food?
A: Robb, Stephanie and I would collect snails and crabs to boil and cook with chopped up coconut.

Q: Were you attracted to anyone on the island? if so who?
A: No, attraction leaves after the first day and everyone reverts back to trying to stay alive in such a harsh environment. There are definitely good looking people out there who became more like family than anything else.

Q: What is the thing or things you'll miss the most and what will you miss the least from the island?
A: I'll miss the gorgeous sunsets and the time to reflect on my life the most. I won't miss the drama and tension caused by a few people in the tribe.

A: Robb has his moments but luckily he was one of the few that were honest and true. After getting to know him better he;s a good guy to have on your side.

Q: What did you do for your audition tape?

**** lost my internet connection ****

Q: Did you underestimate anybody out there?
A: I was deceived by members of our tribe on who they were voting for and wouldn't have imagined that some of the tribe members would have lied.

Q: Is this your first time in NYC? What are you going to do while you are here?
A: It's not my first time in New York City. My sister and mother are flying up to see the city with me. I'll spend time with friends and relatives that live here. I also want to make it over to see Ground Zero.

Q: Hi Jed, was there a noticeable difference in the tribe's behavior, the hungrier you all got?
A: Everyone gets more agitated and lethargic which causes tensions to be high and people not to enjoy themselves.

Q: Was there anyone or anything that drove you absolutely nuts on the island?
A: I just didn't understand what occupied the girls' time since they didn't build the shelter and didn't go get food and water. Sun bathing?

Q: Jed, how did you try to make the others know you were providing food/water?
A: It was obvious when me and Stephanie would come back with pots of snails, boil it and serve them while they sat around in their fort.

Q: Was it tough only eating snails?
A: Snails were good for about the first three days and then the trouble that it took to open them up and clean off the sand was not worth the reward inside the shell. So, our diet changed to crab and coconut.

Q: Jed, did you feel in danger at any moment during your days as a castaway in Thailand?
A: No, I was pretty comfortable with the surroundings and having lived on the beach for many years it was like I was at home.

Q: What was Robb thinking bringing a skateboard as a luxury item, and did he use it?
A: Robb used his skateboard as a pillow as the first night and then it sat underneath the fort the rest of the time. Luxury items are to portray your personality and a skateboard was perfect for him.

Q: Has anyone recognized you off the street> Is it weird being and instant celebrity? (A cute one at that.)
A: Yes, I am recognized at most places I go but I don't consider myself a celebrity but I'm flattered to be known.

Q: What did you miss most about home?
A: I missed my friends and family and the quality time spent with my brothers wakeboarding on the lake.

Q: Hi Jed, can you tell us about the monsoon season in Thailand?
A: Monsoon doesn't mean rain, it means changes of weather and wind so it was exciting to see a sunny day instantly turn into cloud cover and then back to clear skies. It was nice though to have the wind cool us off at night.

Q: what was your favorite challenge while in Thailand?  
A: My favorite challenge was the first immunity challenge...coming from behind and once I saw Ghandia still at the puzzle I knew we could win. I just wanted to stay focused and not have to go to tribal council that night.

Q: What was the first thing you ate when you got back to Dallas?
A: My mom had brought me two Chick-Fil-A sandwiches to the airport and then we stayed up late sharing stories of Thailand.

Q: What are you plans after your "Survivor" experience?
A: I can't wait to graduate from Baylor Dental School in May and am excited to see what the future holds.

Survivor Host: Well everyone, our time with Jed is up. Jed, thanks so much for taking the time to chat with us today. Any final comments for the Survivor fans?

Survivor Jed: I appreciate all the support and wish everyone luck in what they pursue. Live life to the fullest.

transcribed by groovykat @ Survivor Sucks

IP Logged

The Artist formerly known as Tina, Ethan, Neleh, Helen, Deena, Tijuana, & AmberWillWin.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.