Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 23rd, 2024, 11:31pm

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « An Interview with Ghandia »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Survivor
   Survivor General Gossip & News
(Moderators: lakelady, yesteach, MediaScribe, Isle_be_back)
   An Interview with Ghandia
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: An Interview with Ghandia  (Read 783 times)
earlymovie
ForumsNet Member

Rhune is the Best

View Profile WWW

An Interview with Ghandia
« on: Oct 17th, 2002, 6:05pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Survivor Thailand - An Interview with Ghandia
The Fourth One Voted Out of the Tribe
by Lisa Mehlbrech - RealityTVfans.com  

Note to readers from the author : Before conducting this interview, I had a hard time trying to come up with questions that were unbiased regarding the situation between Ghandia and Ted. I thought that Ghandia might like to set the record straight as to what really occurred on the island. Setting the record straight and giving us the unedited version of what really happened might have produced a lot more compliments regarding her demeanor on the show, rather than the slanderous comments she has received from Mark Burnett's edited version. After the interview, I felt as though she was still not comfortable with what had happened and in turn gave answers that were a fabrication of the truth. Because she did not set the record straight, I feel people are obviously entitled to speculate as to what happened and are therefore entitled to their opinion. When Ghandia is ready to talk about the situation, I would be happy to talk with her again to set the record straight. If you have any comments regarding the interview or questions for the next survivor voted off, email me at [email protected] .  

RTVF: What were your first impressions of your tribe mates and how did those change over time?  

Ghandia: My first impressions of all of my tribe mates were good. Clay talked a lot and John wanted to beat the other team in finding our island. I thought Clay had a big mouth.  

RTVF: You mentioned in your CBS interview that you were trying to ride behind Ted for as long as you could. We also saw clips of you placing your hand on Ted's thigh. Was this part of your strategy, if not, what was your strategy?  

Ghandia: My strategy was to find someone to ride behind for a majority of the game; Ted became the obvious choice. He was big and presumably strong. My hand on his leg was an attempt to show friendship and attention to Ted. To be honest, I don't remember my motives for doing that but overall, all my behavior was in one way or another dealing with strategy.  

RTVF: It seems as though you don't like follicle-ly challenged men and some people who know all about preparing food. Is your hatred for Ted still there, and do you obviously hold Helen accountable for your elimination in the game?  

Ghandia: I never said I don't like all follicle-ly challenged men; I dislike one - Ted. I also never said I don't like all people who know all about preparing food, I dislike one - Clay. It is not in my nature to hate people - it takes up too much negative energy to hate. I am disappointed in Ted more than anything else and he made me angry, heck, I suppose I made him angry also (smile). Helen was doing what she felt she had to do, I have no hard feelings towards Helen.  

RTVF: For all of the readers, please set the record straight as to what happened the night things went sour between you and Ted.  

Ghandia: Ted and I were sleeping next to each other when Ted threw his left arm around me, pulled me closer to him and began grinding me, among other things.  

RTVF: Since you didn't feel that Ted's apology was sufficient, what could Ted have done or said to better the situation at that time?  

Ghandia: Ted could have come up to me to apologize to me first instead of me having to confront him about the situation. I feel if he really felt bad about what he had done, he should have come to me first thing, the next morning to apologize - he also could have left out the part about how he thought I was his wife.  

RTVF: Do you look forward to meeting former cast members rather than hanging out with the majority of the cast members from your show. Who from your show do you look forward to seeing at the finale?  

Ghandia: I look forward to seeing everyone from my show as well as meeting new people.  

RTVF: Do you feel that you had a negative experience on the show as well as off at the lodge after being voted off? What did you like vs. not like about the show?  

Ghandia: I had a very positive experience overall, being on the show as well as off at the lodge. Everything about the show was a once in a lifetime experience and therefore all my show experiences were enjoyable.  

RTVF: What did you think of Mark Burnett's twist in the beginning of the game? Were you happy with the tribe you were on or would you have rather been on the SJ tribe? Were you upset that Jeff Probst offered the switching of teams the week after you were voted off?  

Ghandia: Mark Burnett's twist in the beginning was great Survivor magic. I was very happy with the tribe I was on. I'd have it no other way had I had the chance to do it over. I see from the previews that Jeff offers something, but I'm not sure what it is since I wasn't there.  

RTVF: Explain why the tribe voted off John when they did. Did the rest of you have an alliance or was he just that bossy? Was Tanya's elimination a mercy boot?  

Ghandia: We voted John off because he just didn't mesh well with the rest of the tribe. Tanya's elimination was because she just wasn't participating in the tribe very well physically, because she was ill. I didn't vote for Tanya. I voted for Helen - I wanted Tanya to stay.  

RTVF: From MB's editing, it seem as if Helen and Brian are inseparable. They are always shown together at challenges. They sit with each other at TC. Do you think they have a secret alliance going on? Did you know of any other alliances that anyone had besides Clay and Ted?  

Ghandia: I know or knew of no Helen/Brian alliance. Clay and Ted (aka Mutt and Jeff or Heckle and Jeckle) were the only two that seemed to be joined at the hip while I was there.  

RTVF: Thanks Ghandia, and congratulations on being "the" diva of Survivor!  

http://www.realitytvfans.com/newspub/story.cfm?ID=5592
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.