Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 28th, 2024, 6:14pm

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Rupert's Charity Targets Troubled Teens »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Survivor
   Survivor General Gossip & News
(Moderators: lakelady, yesteach, MediaScribe, Isle_be_back)
   Rupert's Charity Targets Troubled Teens
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Rupert's Charity Targets Troubled Teens  (Read 273 times)
lakelady
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

Rupert's Charity Targets Troubled Teens
« on: May 16th, 2004, 8:26pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

http://www.wishtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=1869335&nav=0Ra7N8s1

By Pam Elliot

This has been quite a week for the Indianapolis man who competed on two Survivor episodes and won a million dollars for being America's favorite.

As much as Rupert Boneham and his family want to thank Survivor fans for making him a million-dollar man, there are plenty of people in Indianapolis who want to thank Rupert for his commitment to kids in our community.

Rupert has given his time and now he'll give a portion of his million dollar winnings to the Dawn Project in Marion County. He told News 8 that he has started a new foundation called Kids Help, along with the Dawn Project.  

Brent Matthews hired Rupert to work with troubled children and their families. “Rupert would go to into their homes of the family, meet the child and sit around the dinner table with them and say, ‘I am here for you 24 hours a day,’” said Matthews.

Some of the children Rupert has been able to help have been in court. They’ve also been held behind bars at the juvenile detention center in Marion County.

Zachary, 14, is in the detention center now. His mother and sister think had he been able to continue working with Rupert, he probably would have stayed out of trouble.

“He needed someone like Rupert - more down to earth, honest, open, no holds barred, and that's Rupert. What you saw on survivor is Rupert,” said Gloria Lehto.

“He would wait everyday for Rupert to come and get him and he would say, ‘I got to go to school ‘cause Rupert's coming today’ and he knew if he didn't go to school Rupert wouldn't pick him up,” said Zachary’s sister, Jana Weatherly.

The Dawn Project works to keep kids out of institutions and families together.  Rupert appears committed to that effort and his extended family is grateful.

If you would like to help the Dawn Project or you could use the services available you can call 726-2121.

IP Logged
Rupey
ForumsNet Member

Can't top Pearl Islands!

View Profile

Re: Rupert's Charity Targets Troubled Teens
« Reply #1 on: May 16th, 2004, 9:04pm »

That man has a heart of gold.  Smiley
IP Logged

"Lord, please make me the person my dog thinks I am."
lakelady
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

Re: Rupert's Charity Targets Troubled Teens
« Reply #2 on: May 16th, 2004, 9:34pm »

Why of course you WOULD say that Rupe!     :laugh:
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.