Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 20th, 2024, 4:20pm

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Big Tom Just Blew My Mind! »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Survivor
   Survivor General Gossip & News
(Moderators: lakelady, yesteach, MediaScribe, Isle_be_back)
   Big Tom Just Blew My Mind!
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Big Tom Just Blew My Mind!  (Read 2723 times)
lakelady
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

Big Tom Just Blew My Mind!
« on: May 9th, 2004, 8:50pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Tom just blew me away much further than Sue Hawk did in S1.  OMG!   I went with Lex and it turned out to be Tom with the most sour grapes.   TOM. Put that hatchet back in your pocket.  
IP Logged
azure
ForumsNet Member
USA 

azure1967  
View Profile

Re: Big Tom Just Blew My Mind!
« Reply #1 on: May 9th, 2004, 8:54pm »

Cool

I agree, did make me laugh though

Roll Eyes
IP Logged

HELLO EVERYBODY!!
Rupey
ForumsNet Member

Can't top Pearl Islands!

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: May 10th, 2004, 8:11am »

I could NOT believe his behavior at the final tribal council.  Still, Rob DID hurt him pretty badly.  For those who took the hurt and betrayal the most seriously--Lex, Kathy, Alicia, and Tom--I think I can understand why they were so bitter because I am a person who values relationships and promises.  Yeah, I know it's just a game but I would also have a very hard time separating feelings from personal strategy.  I couldn't step on another person to get ahead.  Thus, I'd be a lousy Survivor contestant.
IP Logged

"Lord, please make me the person my dog thinks I am."
shamon
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: May 10th, 2004, 8:35am »

all those players had to sit through the episodes, see themselves edited to look stupid and gullible tearing open the wounds.  Then during the private confessionals get salt poured in them.   Lex was just a victim of his own game.

Tom was hillarious at the reunion.  He may need an interpreter during future appearances so that he'll understand what JP and others are saying.
« Last Edit: May 10th, 2004, 8:36am by shamon » IP Logged

When others demand that we become the people they want us to be, they force us to destroy the person we really are. It's a subtle kind of murder. The
david

Email

« Reply #4 on: May 10th, 2004, 8:36am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Big Tom and Rupert and the REAL winners here! Both can hold their heads high the same cant be said of the others in a one way or another some cases small!
IP Logged
BigKen250

Email

« Reply #5 on: May 10th, 2004, 8:43am »

I agree david......so WHY didn't these two MEN couldn't band together to derail Romber.....

I was very, very disappointed when they made it to the final 2....and loved every minute of the "jury" grilling them.....

Thanks CBS for allowing us, the viewers to award $1,000,000 to a deserving survivor.....

Rupert will get my vote!!!   Cool
IP Logged
david

Email

« Reply #6 on: May 10th, 2004, 8:45am »

Just cast mine RUPERT!
IP Logged
luci
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: May 10th, 2004, 8:46am »

In my opinion, Tom acted very inappropriate las night!  His comment was something we would hear out of a teen mouth!

At least this morning everyone is happier with each other.  Although I dont care for Richard Hatch, he does know how the game is to be played.

It ended just as we thought it would!

Now who are you voting for to win the million?  We've voted Grin
IP Logged

"A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and
can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."
tattooedbeauty
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Happy Thanksgiving.

View Profile Email

« Reply #8 on: May 10th, 2004, 8:52am »

Well he was pissed because Rob made fun of Tom's family.

The other people (Lex and Kathy) were pissed because Rob beat them.

You go Tom...good for you!!!!   Cool
IP Logged

Happy Autumn.

Survivor China Winner- Todd.

AR winner- Rachel & TK

luci
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: May 10th, 2004, 9:04am »

I know why, you don't have to tell me for I did see the show.  
Tom just took it too far!
IP Logged

JerriLane
ForumsNet Member
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: May 10th, 2004, 9:12am »

Luci--I thought Tom acted terribly innappropriate, too.  He didn't know Rob slammed Bo at tribal council because he hadn't watched it yet.  He acted like a bitter child at tribal council.  At the reunion, I could understand his defensive nature about his son.  However, based on his behavior at TC, I do not think Bo was his only motivation.  Tom seems self serving and foolish to me.  He was trying to deceive either Rob or Rupert, and he got out duped.  I thought he should have sucked it up.
« Last Edit: May 10th, 2004, 9:13am by JerriLane » IP Logged

Jerri
Rupey
ForumsNet Member

Can't top Pearl Islands!

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: May 10th, 2004, 9:25am »

I was actually surprised that Tom was even allowed to approach Rob.  If there isn't already a rule in place, perhaps one needs to be established that the jury is to have absolutely no physical contact (or attempted physical contact) with the F2.

I have to admit though, the evil part of me really did enjoy watching Rob and Amber get a verbal pounding last night.
IP Logged

BigKen250

Email

« Reply #12 on: May 10th, 2004, 9:27am »

I agree Rup....I think if Rob had stood up, there might have been a physical altercation.....I'm glad there wasn't...
IP Logged
BeetleGirl
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #13 on: May 10th, 2004, 11:45am »

Personally, I find it juvenile (yet funny) when the ousted players lash out at the F2.  I mean, Lex Kathy, Alicia and Tom looked like sore losers last night (and it didn't sound like the audience supported them in the after show either).

I hate to say it .. but I agree with Hatch in that this is a game about deceipt, manipulation and survival.  Rob hit the nail on the head when he said this concept dates back to Darwin.
IP Logged
kelby

Email

« Reply #14 on: May 10th, 2004, 12:47pm »

Toms little handshake move, and Alicia's 'I dont know which one of you has more crap on your lips' comment were the only entertaining moments of that show IMO.  

That is the problem with the ASS version of the show guys, if really blurs the line of gamemanship and friendship. Quite a study of the human condition really...I myself have been struggling daily with wether I like or dislike Robs gameplay. I wonder if it came down to it with the money so close 'you could smell it' how we all would play the game....Even Rupert would have broke his alliance with Romber if Big Tom had of went for it-that is the only reason didnt , cause he didnt have the support.
IP Logged
kelby

Email

« Reply #15 on: May 10th, 2004, 12:59pm »

I was also wondering who's(we know who) butt Shii Anne was kissing last night and why?Her speech about people in glass houses (which I agree with ) shouldnt throw stones..where did  that come from, she must have had a epiphany of sorts while at loser lodge....or perhaps she had a preminition to do with  that truck Amber gave her Wink
« Last Edit: May 10th, 2004, 1:01pm by kelby » IP Logged
azure
ForumsNet Member
USA 

azure1967  
View Profile

« Reply #16 on: May 10th, 2004, 1:46pm »

:laff:
IP Logged

HELLO EVERYBODY!!
sweetmisery
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

I am The Game!

burnedbutbest   sweetmisery+99
View Profile Email

« Reply #17 on: May 10th, 2004, 2:04pm »

on May 10th, 2004, 11:45am, BeetleGirl wrote:
I hate to say it .. but I agree with Hatch in that this is a game about deceipt, manipulation and survival.  Rob hit the nail on the head when he said this concept dates back to Darwin.

I totally agree!

And Tom, well as bitter as he sounded - Rob had it coming! "Dont be stupid, stupid!" Good job Tom!

IP Logged

"When it comes to compliments, women are ravenous blood-sucking monsters always want'n more... more... MORE! And if you give it to them, you'll get plenty back in return."
--- Homer Simpson

JerriLane
ForumsNet Member
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #18 on: May 10th, 2004, 2:11pm »

Why did Rob have it coming if you agree that the game is about deceit, manipulation and survival?  If that is how the game is played, why does he deserve to be the one on the receiving end of an immature rant followed by an immature yanked handshake.  Tom looked like the big baby that he is!!!
IP Logged

Jerri
sweetmisery
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

I am The Game!

View Profile Email

« Reply #19 on: May 10th, 2004, 2:58pm »

I agree its about deceit and all, but that doesnt mean they dont deserve any "attitude adjustment" as Tom would say. All is fair, so Rob screws them, Tom gave him his piece of mind. I think if we got screwed and in that type of environment that Survivor puts them in, we all would get cranky too...
IP Logged

"When it comes to compliments, women are ravenous blood-sucking monsters always want'n more... more... MORE! And if you give it to them, you'll get plenty back in return."
--- Homer Simpson

david

Email

« Reply #20 on: May 10th, 2004, 3:15pm »

Deciet has been used many times sadly but let me drop some names who were less than decietful but certainly not perfect but they werent Rob's either

Tina
Ethan
Neleh
Pasqual
V
Jan
Kathy
to name a few all won or went very far none stooped to the levels Rob did!
IP Logged
sweetmisery
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

I am The Game!

View Profile Email

« Reply #21 on: May 10th, 2004, 3:53pm »

Yeah and some I guess just are good enough to not make a big deal or be obvious with it... they cover it with smiles, false integrity or being silent... Rob was too open about it.
IP Logged

--- Homer Simpson

david

Email

« Reply #22 on: May 10th, 2004, 4:06pm »

Rob was an @$$ pure and simple why anyone trusted him is beyond me! He was same way in his orignal Survivor. Problem may be egos all played game before and felt they had a handle on things they were wrong. Also Rob was the vilest (sorry about spelling) kind of player there was using friendship (faked on his part) to further his game! I am sorry but Rob is SCUM even lower than Johnny Fairplays stunt! Amber looked at herself and didnt like what she saw I hope Rob takes a closer look at himself as well! If not Amber GET OUT! He couldnt even trust Amber during challenge!
IP Logged
kelby

Email

« Reply #23 on: May 10th, 2004, 4:20pm »

I have to disagree David...I dont think Amber should leave Rob, I think Amber and Rob are made for eachother...she knew what Rob was doing the whole time and used it to her advantage...how is it that she can claim to be any better than he is, atleast Rob was man enough to  face people whereas she just hid behind him and reaped the rewards.Ofcourse she said she has learned alot about herself and will put to use in her life.She was trying to get votes....Notice she is still begging people to give Rob the other million.Notice the way she was all smug on the reunion part of the show after she won the money.Shes not sorry for a thing.
IP Logged
david

Email

« Reply #24 on: May 10th, 2004, 4:40pm »

I agree what I meant to suggest is Amber shouldnt trust Rob! I agree she knew all along and followed him. However she didnt look anyone in the eye and LIE! Nor did she go to single interviews (during show) laughing at everyone remarking how they shouldnt trust him/her! Rob did that before and did so again. He has no remorse people like that never do he will untimately hurt Amber as well I feel. That is what I meant Amber played along yes but she wasnt as blantant as Rob nor was it her plan she just went along for the ride.
IP Logged
JerriLane
ForumsNet Member
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #25 on: May 11th, 2004, 8:29am »

I am sorry, but I think it is nuts to say that Rob is worse than Johnny Fairplay.  NO WAY!!!   I have had mixed feelings about Rob because I have seen him be a jerk, but I have also felt that it was everyone else's fault if they kept falling for it.  You shouldn't be the victim of lies and deceit twice by the same person unless you are too gullible to play the game.  Rob saw that and took advantage.  It may be wrong in real life, but it is a part of the game.  I may not like it, but it simply does not compare to faking a death in your family to garner sympathy.  That is lower than low.  That is evil!!!!  Johnny Fairplay was evil!!!!!
IP Logged

Jerri
david

Email

« Reply #26 on: May 11th, 2004, 8:49am »

Although certainly correct he didnt stab people in the back that called him friend and laugh about it!
IP Logged
Rupey
ForumsNet Member

Can't top Pearl Islands!

View Profile

« Reply #27 on: May 11th, 2004, 10:01am »

You know, David, I think that is exactly what bothered me so about the way Rob played the game.  No, I didn't expect there to be absolutely no lying or promise breaking going on.  I realize that this is part of the strategy of winning.  However, it was Rob being so cocky about his deceit and rubbing it in that I found so disgusting.  What was he thinking when he had his private moments on camera?  Did he really not think of the repercussions of calling Big Tom and his son "dumbasses"?  I think Tom had every right to be upset about that.  For those of us on this board who are parents, which one of us wouldn't be ready to knock out the person who questioned the intelligence of our children?

I think Rob could have still played the game the way he did without being so arrogant.  If he'd shown just a little remorse at having to vote Lex off or if he'd just kept his mouth shut about his opinion of Tom's son...
IP Logged

JerriLane
ForumsNet Member
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #28 on: May 11th, 2004, 10:18am »

David--though I agree that it is low and mean to stab friends in the back and laugh at them, I just can't believe that it can compare to lying about your grandmother's death.  Fairplay definitely lied.  But nothing compares so far in Survivor history to wishing death on your loved ones to get ahead in the game--at least not in my opinion.  Fairplay was in a different league.
IP Logged

Jerri
Rupey
ForumsNet Member

Can't top Pearl Islands!

View Profile

« Reply #29 on: May 11th, 2004, 10:35am »

I was really surprised that Jonny's grandmothers was apparently OK with that lie.  If that had been my grandson, I'd have given him a good whipping, dang it!
IP Logged

david

Email

« Reply #30 on: May 11th, 2004, 12:04pm »

We are talking about a single lie vs dozens that was my point yes i agree Johnny hit a new low but that wasnt my point sorry for the misunderstanding
IP Logged
JerriLane
ForumsNet Member
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #31 on: May 11th, 2004, 12:44pm »

Me too.  I guess my negative feelings for Johnny Fairplay just got me wound up.  I have been know in my lifetime to overreact.
IP Logged

Jerri
david

Email

« Reply #32 on: May 11th, 2004, 2:05pm »

and I thought I was only one lol
IP Logged
sweetmisery
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

I am The Game!

View Profile Email

« Reply #33 on: May 11th, 2004, 2:29pm »

Atleast Johnny Fairplay laughs in a non smug way. Saying his grandma died is an oldschool lie... that even some kids would say for absences in school or some girls would say to have an excuse from dates.
IP Logged

--- Homer Simpson

JerriLane
ForumsNet Member
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #34 on: May 11th, 2004, 2:59pm »

I think he laughed in a VERY SMUG WAY!!!  It may be an old school lie, but I do not know any respectable adults who would use it if they actually had a living breathing grandmother to whom they were referring.  If they did, I would find them no less pathetic and disgusting than Johnny Fairplay.
IP Logged

Jerri
nina
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

bloody hell!

nina_n22  
View Profile

« Reply #35 on: May 12th, 2004, 12:18am »

It was hard on Big Tom I guess... But he was the most bitter on the lot...
IP Logged

life's a bitch and then we die
Rupey
ForumsNet Member

Can't top Pearl Islands!

View Profile

« Reply #36 on: May 12th, 2004, 9:38am »

I think what it all boils down to is culture.  In this area ( and I don't live very far from Big Tom) there is a certain pride and code of honor among the "good ol' boys."  When you've made a friend, you've made a solid friend who will stick by you.  When you offend them, they demand restitution by means of apology--usually with someone present to witness that apology.  However, when you've downright stabbed them in the back--game or no game--then you've thrown down the proverbial gauntlet.  Tom's name and family honor were trodden upon and he won't get over that easily.  Say what you will about sour grapes, bad attitude, juvenile behavior and such, but that really is pretty indicative of the culture around here.  And when you talk about culture, you can't say that it's right or wrong or stupid...it's just the way a certain group of people do things, whether we happen to agree with it or not.
IP Logged

JerriLane
ForumsNet Member
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #37 on: May 12th, 2004, 9:51am »

Maybe Rob's ways are just a part of his Northeastern culture.  Maybe you can't say right or wrong about his behavior either.  Just KIDDING!!!

I still think most of Tom's immature behavior took place before he knew about the insults to his son or family name.  His really juvenile behavior took place at TC.  He betrayed too, at least as far as we could see.  I saw him telling Rupert that Rob had to go.  AT TC, his feelings of betrayal were a little hypocritical in my opinion.  I was better able to understand his behavior at the reunion show after he saw Rob's insults.  At tribal council, I think it was just bitterness at having been out-betrayed.
IP Logged

Jerri
JerriLane
ForumsNet Member
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #38 on: May 12th, 2004, 9:52am »

I live in the South and am surrounded by good ole boys as well.
IP Logged

Jerri
Rupey
ForumsNet Member

Can't top Pearl Islands!

View Profile

« Reply #39 on: May 12th, 2004, 9:54am »

So, you know what I'm talking about.
IP Logged

JerriLane
ForumsNet Member
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #40 on: May 12th, 2004, 10:01am »

Yes...but it doesn't take away from his immaturity at TC.

One thing that should appeal to you as another big Rupert fan -- I didn't like the way Tom spoke of Rupert's affection for his wife.  I think Tom said he was disgusted by the way Rupert "slobbered" all over her.  He claimed that was the reason he didn't take him on the family member reward with him.  I respect a man for loving his wife enough to show affection in front of anybody in a circumstance like that.  makes me love him more.  It also makes it evident that Tom is a good ole boy in more ways than one.  Not a lot of respect for women.
« Last Edit: May 12th, 2004, 10:02am by JerriLane » IP Logged

Jerri
Rupey
ForumsNet Member

Can't top Pearl Islands!

View Profile

« Reply #41 on: May 12th, 2004, 10:07am »

Actually, I think Tom's slobber comment was directed at Rob and Amber.  Regarding Rupert and Laura, he said he didn't want to see them humping each other and that (besides the "cold tater" Rupert gave him) were the reasons he decided not to take Rupert and Laura with him on his reward with Bucky Bo.

You know, I realize how you feel about Tom's behavior after being booted out but I'll say this for him, he's pretty genuine.  Is he the kind of guy my family would be best buds with?  Probably not but Tom doesn't hide his feelings and he says what's on his mind.  Those kind of people scare me but at the same time I kind of admire that kind of candor in a person...because I'm such a big chicken! :laff:
IP Logged

JerriLane
ForumsNet Member
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #42 on: May 12th, 2004, 10:16am »

So does Sue Hawke (speak with candor), but it doesn't make me like or respect her any more.  Some people are just too bitter.
IP Logged

Jerri
luci
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #43 on: May 12th, 2004, 10:40am »

Tom's slobber remark was about Rupert and his wife.

We also felt he was very immature at the TC and on the finale night.  Rob apologized and offered his hand, to refuse it was rude.  And that immature comment, "don't be stupid, stupid", that something I might ehar my grandson say to a friend.

Oh well, it is over and the winner is happy.  We might as well be happy for them no matter how we felt during the game.  And it is a GAME! Lips Sealed
Rupert will win the million Cool
IP Logged

JerriLane
ForumsNet Member
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #44 on: May 12th, 2004, 10:43am »

100% agreed Luci! Grin
IP Logged

Jerri
Rupey
ForumsNet Member

Can't top Pearl Islands!

View Profile

« Reply #45 on: May 12th, 2004, 11:03am »

I didn't say that I LIKED people with that kind of candor...I just wish I had a little of it myself to stand up to people when I need to.  Here on a board where people can't see me it's easy to express my opinion and stand by it--as obviously it is for you guys!--but in person I melt like butter.  No, I don't like Sue at all but I wish that, on occasion, I could speak my mind sort of like she does and feel OK about it.

So...sticking by my earlier post, Tom's bitterness is due in part to his culture which would include his upbringing and the examples set for him by those he grew up with.  Other cultures, like the one that my spouse hails from insists on arguing things to death...then laughing and hugging and going on afterwards, even if the argument nearly crushed someone's spirit.

Personally, I was raised to not say anything if I couldn't find something nice to say.  While that philosophy raised me to be a polite adult, it also created a superficiality about me that I'm still trying to shake to this day.

(Too much information about me? :laff:  Maybe!)
IP Logged

PuffPuffPass
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

Terry Fox: A True Canadian Hero

View Profile

« Reply #46 on: May 12th, 2004, 11:12am »

hey Rup,  

you sure Toms attitude wasnt from being away from his sheep for a whole month?

IP Logged

Here's to cheating, stealing, fighting, and drinking.
If you cheat, may you cheat death.
If you steal, may you steal a woman's heart.
If you fight,
BeetleGirl
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #47 on: May 12th, 2004, 11:31am »

Rup: Your post about "culture, good ol boys and friends" may be true in LIFE but Survivor is just a GAME.  You'd have to check your friendships at the door in order to play this game well.  

This show would be mighty boring if it were a bunch of Tina's, Rupert's and Ethan's.  

IP Logged
Rupey
ForumsNet Member

Can't top Pearl Islands!

View Profile

« Reply #48 on: May 12th, 2004, 11:33am »

Beetle, yeah, I know.  You've said that more than once, now.  I got your point several posts ago.

Puff! :laff:  Maybe now he can sleep better at night knowing that he can literally count his sheep!
IP Logged

PuffPuffPass
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #49 on: May 12th, 2004, 11:33am »

Amen Beetle

tell it like it is

Grin
IP Logged

If you fight,
PuffPuffPass
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #50 on: May 12th, 2004, 11:35am »

on May 12th, 2004, 11:33am, Rupertydupe wrote:
Beetle, yeah, I know.  You've said that more than once, now.  I got your point several posts ago.

Puff! :laff:  Maybe now he can sleep better at night knowing that he can literally count his sheep!

Oh he's counting them allright................

"whos turn is it now?"

IP Logged

If you fight,
Rupey
ForumsNet Member

Can't top Pearl Islands!

View Profile

« Reply #51 on: May 12th, 2004, 11:37am »

Puff, that wasn't really funny.
IP Logged

PuffPuffPass
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #52 on: May 12th, 2004, 11:40am »

LOL

oh snap, yes it was. it was even better since you didnt pick up on it the first time.
Damn still laughing here

thx Rup

needed a laugh

IP Logged

If you fight,
BeetleGirl
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #53 on: May 12th, 2004, 11:44am »

Rup: If you got my point several posts ago, then why do I keep repeating myself? ... Oh yah, because you keep questioning the morals and ethics of the Survivors.   Undecided

I'm like your spouse - I can beat this to death.  We should probably just agree to disagree ..   Lips Sealed
IP Logged
BigKen250

Email

« Reply #54 on: May 12th, 2004, 11:48am »

"I'm like your spouse - I can beat this to death."......ah...another reason why divorce is so appealling these days......go to the Grapevine thread Beetle and check out the "high maintenance" test...... Wink
IP Logged
Rupey
ForumsNet Member

Can't top Pearl Islands!

View Profile

« Reply #55 on: May 12th, 2004, 11:54am »

Thank you, Ken.  

Puff, have you checked out SurvivorSucks.com?  You'd fit right in over there.
IP Logged

Rupey
ForumsNet Member

Can't top Pearl Islands!

View Profile

« Reply #56 on: May 12th, 2004, 11:56am »

on May 12th, 2004, 11:44am, BeetleGirl wrote:
Rup: If you got my point several posts ago, then why do I keep repeating myself? ... Oh yah, because you keep questioning the morals and ethics of the Survivors.   Undecided

I'm like your spouse - I can beat this to death.  We should probably just agree to disagree ..   Lips Sealed

Nope, don't question the morals and ethics of it at all.  Just giving my opinion on a couple of the players.  If you keep repeating yourself, it's because you like to hear yourself rattle on...

The coach of your high school debate team would be SO proud of you.  Smiley
IP Logged

PuffPuffPass
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #57 on: May 12th, 2004, 11:57am »

thxs Rup, been there.

I think you got me wrong tho, I love Survivor, Amazing race and eco challenge.  

Q: why isnt there an open fourm, where we can just talk about anything like instead of of going all over the place to see whats new?

Damn, am I lazy today or what?

IP Logged

If you fight,
BeetleGirl
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #58 on: May 12th, 2004, 11:59am »

BK:  Nice.  I notice you didn't tell Rup to go test himself.  

Are you suggesting that a woman with a strong opinion is the reason the divorce rate is so high?  Would you like us to give back our voting rights too?    Shocked
IP Logged
Rupey
ForumsNet Member

Can't top Pearl Islands!

View Profile

« Reply #59 on: May 12th, 2004, 12:01pm »

Roll Eyes

(Shii Ann does that so much better than I do.)
IP Logged

BigKen250

Email

« Reply #60 on: May 12th, 2004, 12:04pm »

Peace Beetle.  You have made my point.   Lips Sealed
IP Logged
BeetleGirl
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #61 on: May 12th, 2004, 12:04pm »

Rup: I offer up to agree to disagree and you throw in another dig.  I thought you were raised to not say anything unless you had something nice to say.  You're not being a very polite adult right now.
IP Logged
Rupey
ForumsNet Member

Can't top Pearl Islands!

View Profile

« Reply #62 on: May 12th, 2004, 12:07pm »

No, I'm not because you're pushing.  Tell ya what, though.  I'll be very nice and let you  Undecided  Undecided  Undecided   Undecided  Undecided  Undecided  all you want by letting you post after this and have the last word.  You act like you need it.  

I'm done with you.
IP Logged

BeetleGirl
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #63 on: May 12th, 2004, 12:08pm »

I don't want to do this banter back and forth.  We have different opinions on this topic.  The end.
IP Logged
PuffPuffPass
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #64 on: May 12th, 2004, 12:18pm »

Oh man,  

I was just starting to enjoy myself here in fourm land and now you guys are being all nice like and agreeing to disagree, end of of topic and all?  

oh well

IP Logged

If you fight,
BeetleGirl
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #65 on: May 12th, 2004, 12:27pm »

You're making me laugh Puff!   Grin
IP Logged
PuffPuffPass
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #66 on: May 12th, 2004, 12:29pm »

Thx Beetle,

"my job here is complete"
IP Logged

If you fight,
JerriLane
ForumsNet Member
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #67 on: May 12th, 2004, 12:55pm »

As far as Beetle is concerned, y'all are being mean.  I never expect this place to be so mean.  She is just an outspoken woman who likes to banter.  I see no mean spirit in her.  I think the comment she made about relating to Rup's spouse says it all.  Just good spirited banter.  She is in the minority and she is brave to argue an unpopular point.  That is the kind of candor I like.  It isn't just mean and bitter.
« Last Edit: May 12th, 2004, 2:03pm by JerriLane » IP Logged

Jerri
BigKen250

Email

« Reply #68 on: May 12th, 2004, 12:58pm »

Oh boy....here we go!!!  No no no Rhune...I'll be a good boy here..... Lips Sealed
IP Logged
JerriLane
ForumsNet Member
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #69 on: May 12th, 2004, 12:58pm »

By the way, Rupertydupe, I respect you, too.  I appreciate your opinions a great deal so far.  I enjoyed our fun and fair debating this morning.
IP Logged

Jerri
PuffPuffPass
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #70 on: May 12th, 2004, 1:01pm »

Thx Jerri,

"I am here to please"

I agree with what you said about Beetle too, nothing more attractive in a lady then her ability to be upfront and speak her mind......  

IP Logged

If you fight,
lakelady
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #71 on: May 12th, 2004, 1:01pm »

Quote:
you sure Toms attitude wasnt from being away from his sheep for a whole month?

While I am sure you meant to be funny, Puff.  This was not.   This thread is discussion over how Tom played the game.  Slanderous remarks such as this are not acceptable here at forumsnet.  This forum tends to lean towards being "nice" and repectable and agreeing to disagree.  Let's keep it that way.  Thanks, lakelady
IP Logged
BeetleGirl
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #72 on: May 12th, 2004, 1:02pm »

Well, thank you Jerri.  I appreciate you speaking up.  
IP Logged
lakelady
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #73 on: May 12th, 2004, 1:06pm »

Quote:
Well, thank you Jerri.  I appreciate you speaking up.  

BeetleGirl, I would encourage you to back off.  Or you will be out of here within the next 30 minutes.  

Now that I have read this several times, I am seeing and thinking your comment was directed towards JerriLane.  At least I hope that is the case.
« Last Edit: May 12th, 2004, 1:11pm by lakelady » IP Logged
JerriLane
ForumsNet Member
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #74 on: May 12th, 2004, 1:08pm »

I love this forum, and I promise that I am NOT trying to be problematic, but I have read QUITE a few slanderous remarks about Rob and Amber.  Why is Puff getting in trouble?  I promise this is an honest question.
IP Logged

Jerri
JerriLane
ForumsNet Member
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #75 on: May 12th, 2004, 1:10pm »

I am so confused!!!  What did she do wrong?  I have heard so much worse arguing before.  What is happening?
IP Logged

Jerri
lakelady
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #76 on: May 12th, 2004, 1:16pm »

First off JerriLane, and so everyone will know, references to Survivor players (who are human beings playing a game on TV) and beastiality do not sit well with me.  And those type remarks are not acceptable here.  

As for BeetleGirl, I only hope she was not referring to me as Jerri Manthey.  

That's all.
IP Logged
BeetleGirl
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #77 on: May 12th, 2004, 1:17pm »

No.  I was saying thank you to JerriLane.
IP Logged
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

29289456 29289456   rhune_1971   Rhune1971
View Profile Email

« Reply #78 on: May 12th, 2004, 1:18pm »

The sheep comments are not ok.  Yes, there have been several critical comments about Rob and Amber, but nothing to the extent of humping sheep.  That's the kind of talk that's not welcome in this community.
IP Logged
JerriLane
ForumsNet Member
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #79 on: May 12th, 2004, 1:21pm »

I just can't believe how harsh things have gotten here.  I love this place.  I have been a mostly silent member for months and I just got comfortable posting.  Now I feel like the ice is very thin for those who show dissention from what is popular.  I so hope that it not true.  It makes me sad.  BeetleGirl was talking to me.
« Last Edit: May 12th, 2004, 1:25pm by JerriLane » IP Logged

Jerri
JerriLane
ForumsNet Member
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #80 on: May 12th, 2004, 1:23pm »

I understand about the sheep.  I think he was kidding, but I understand that it was not funny to many people.  I understand a correction on that.  I just don't understand the overall feel that has been coming down in the last hour.
IP Logged

Jerri
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #81 on: May 12th, 2004, 1:24pm »

There's a difference between showing a different opinion and flaming in the process of it, or alternately flaming someone for showing a different opinion.  There is no reason we can't agree to disagree like adults and not stoop to personal comments or insults, or derogatory comments like the bit about the sheep.
IP Logged
PuffPuffPass
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #82 on: May 12th, 2004, 1:25pm »

on May 12th, 2004, 1:08pm, JerriLane wrote:
I love this forum, and I promise that I am NOT trying to be problematic, but I have read QUITE a few slanderous remarks about Rob and Amber.  Why is Puff getting in trouble?  I promise this is an honest question.

Because as in the words of Elmer Fudd

"I've been a Bwadd Bwadd Bwoy"

IP Logged

If you fight,
JerriLane
ForumsNet Member
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #83 on: May 12th, 2004, 1:28pm »

I understand that Rhune...and I can appreciate the calm way you say it.  I really just don't understand why...maybe I should private message...is that okay?
« Last Edit: May 12th, 2004, 1:29pm by JerriLane » IP Logged

Jerri
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #84 on: May 12th, 2004, 1:30pm »

Sure, that would be just fine.
IP Logged
PuffPuffPass
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #85 on: May 12th, 2004, 1:34pm »

Looks like I shouldnt chat too much in here.

Couple comments for Lakelady, I am a very nice man that likes to be up front with my opinion. As for the sheep comment.... well, Im sorry to have obviously offended a few of the users in here, but lets relax a little people, it was just a joke. A joke that wasnt really that graphic it was actually quite vague. Maybe you should make some rules about your threads, such as no off color jokes please,  

A sheep joke, man...................

too bad people cant read sarcasim or read a punchline.

anywho, have fun whith your thread lakelady, I hope I dont jilt you anymore.

P.S.  Have you heard the new Chris Rock cd?

IP Logged

If you fight,
steffinie_02
ForumsNet Member

VOTE BIG TOM!!  I LOVE YOU, TOM!

View Profile

« Reply #86 on: May 12th, 2004, 8:42pm »

Big Tom had every right to act as he did on the finale!!!  You don't treat people the way that Rob and Amber did!  It's just not right...
IP Logged

~*~StEpHaNiE~*~
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #87 on: May 12th, 2004, 10:59pm »

What Rob did wasn't right, but Tom wasn't very big about it either.  I can't say as I'd be any bigger if I were in his position, but there are many people who would be, that were offended by what he did.
IP Logged
david

Email

« Reply #88 on: May 14th, 2004, 9:14am »

Big Tom's behavior certainly was unacceptable however given the situation I understand it and it isnt anywhere near the depths Rob stooped! Rob had it coming and created the scene himself! Personally I would have behaved MUCH worse!
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.