Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 18th, 2024, 8:06am

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Big Tom Just Blew My Mind! »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Survivor
   Survivor General Gossip & News
(Moderators: lakelady, yesteach, MediaScribe, Isle_be_back)
   Big Tom Just Blew My Mind!
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: all 1 2 3 4  ...  6 Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Big Tom Just Blew My Mind!  (Read 2720 times)
kelby

Email

Re: Big Tom Just Blew My Mind!
« Reply #15 on: May 10th, 2004, 12:59pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I was also wondering who's(we know who) butt Shii Anne was kissing last night and why?Her speech about people in glass houses (which I agree with ) shouldnt throw stones..where did  that come from, she must have had a epiphany of sorts while at loser lodge....or perhaps she had a preminition to do with  that truck Amber gave her Wink
« Last Edit: May 10th, 2004, 1:01pm by kelby » IP Logged
azure
ForumsNet Member
USA 

azure1967  
View Profile

« Reply #16 on: May 10th, 2004, 1:46pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

:laff:
IP Logged

HELLO EVERYBODY!!
sweetmisery
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

I am The Game!

burnedbutbest   sweetmisery+99
View Profile Email

« Reply #17 on: May 10th, 2004, 2:04pm »

on May 10th, 2004, 11:45am, BeetleGirl wrote:
I hate to say it .. but I agree with Hatch in that this is a game about deceipt, manipulation and survival.  Rob hit the nail on the head when he said this concept dates back to Darwin.

I totally agree!

And Tom, well as bitter as he sounded - Rob had it coming! "Dont be stupid, stupid!" Good job Tom!

IP Logged

"When it comes to compliments, women are ravenous blood-sucking monsters always want'n more... more... MORE! And if you give it to them, you'll get plenty back in return."
--- Homer Simpson

JerriLane
ForumsNet Member
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #18 on: May 10th, 2004, 2:11pm »

Why did Rob have it coming if you agree that the game is about deceit, manipulation and survival?  If that is how the game is played, why does he deserve to be the one on the receiving end of an immature rant followed by an immature yanked handshake.  Tom looked like the big baby that he is!!!
IP Logged

Jerri
sweetmisery
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

I am The Game!

View Profile Email

« Reply #19 on: May 10th, 2004, 2:58pm »

I agree its about deceit and all, but that doesnt mean they dont deserve any "attitude adjustment" as Tom would say. All is fair, so Rob screws them, Tom gave him his piece of mind. I think if we got screwed and in that type of environment that Survivor puts them in, we all would get cranky too...
IP Logged

"When it comes to compliments, women are ravenous blood-sucking monsters always want'n more... more... MORE! And if you give it to them, you'll get plenty back in return."
--- Homer Simpson

david

Email

« Reply #20 on: May 10th, 2004, 3:15pm »

Deciet has been used many times sadly but let me drop some names who were less than decietful but certainly not perfect but they werent Rob's either

Tina
Ethan
Neleh
Pasqual
V
Jan
Kathy
to name a few all won or went very far none stooped to the levels Rob did!
IP Logged
sweetmisery
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

I am The Game!

View Profile Email

« Reply #21 on: May 10th, 2004, 3:53pm »

Yeah and some I guess just are good enough to not make a big deal or be obvious with it... they cover it with smiles, false integrity or being silent... Rob was too open about it.
IP Logged

--- Homer Simpson

david

Email

« Reply #22 on: May 10th, 2004, 4:06pm »

Rob was an @$$ pure and simple why anyone trusted him is beyond me! He was same way in his orignal Survivor. Problem may be egos all played game before and felt they had a handle on things they were wrong. Also Rob was the vilest (sorry about spelling) kind of player there was using friendship (faked on his part) to further his game! I am sorry but Rob is SCUM even lower than Johnny Fairplays stunt! Amber looked at herself and didnt like what she saw I hope Rob takes a closer look at himself as well! If not Amber GET OUT! He couldnt even trust Amber during challenge!
IP Logged
kelby

Email

« Reply #23 on: May 10th, 2004, 4:20pm »

I have to disagree David...I dont think Amber should leave Rob, I think Amber and Rob are made for eachother...she knew what Rob was doing the whole time and used it to her advantage...how is it that she can claim to be any better than he is, atleast Rob was man enough to  face people whereas she just hid behind him and reaped the rewards.Ofcourse she said she has learned alot about herself and will put to use in her life.She was trying to get votes....Notice she is still begging people to give Rob the other million.Notice the way she was all smug on the reunion part of the show after she won the money.Shes not sorry for a thing.
IP Logged
david

Email

« Reply #24 on: May 10th, 2004, 4:40pm »

I agree what I meant to suggest is Amber shouldnt trust Rob! I agree she knew all along and followed him. However she didnt look anyone in the eye and LIE! Nor did she go to single interviews (during show) laughing at everyone remarking how they shouldnt trust him/her! Rob did that before and did so again. He has no remorse people like that never do he will untimately hurt Amber as well I feel. That is what I meant Amber played along yes but she wasnt as blantant as Rob nor was it her plan she just went along for the ride.
IP Logged
JerriLane
ForumsNet Member
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #25 on: May 11th, 2004, 8:29am »

I am sorry, but I think it is nuts to say that Rob is worse than Johnny Fairplay.  NO WAY!!!   I have had mixed feelings about Rob because I have seen him be a jerk, but I have also felt that it was everyone else's fault if they kept falling for it.  You shouldn't be the victim of lies and deceit twice by the same person unless you are too gullible to play the game.  Rob saw that and took advantage.  It may be wrong in real life, but it is a part of the game.  I may not like it, but it simply does not compare to faking a death in your family to garner sympathy.  That is lower than low.  That is evil!!!!  Johnny Fairplay was evil!!!!!
IP Logged

Jerri
david

Email

« Reply #26 on: May 11th, 2004, 8:49am »

Although certainly correct he didnt stab people in the back that called him friend and laugh about it!
IP Logged
Rupey
ForumsNet Member

Can't top Pearl Islands!

View Profile

« Reply #27 on: May 11th, 2004, 10:01am »

You know, David, I think that is exactly what bothered me so about the way Rob played the game.  No, I didn't expect there to be absolutely no lying or promise breaking going on.  I realize that this is part of the strategy of winning.  However, it was Rob being so cocky about his deceit and rubbing it in that I found so disgusting.  What was he thinking when he had his private moments on camera?  Did he really not think of the repercussions of calling Big Tom and his son "dumbasses"?  I think Tom had every right to be upset about that.  For those of us on this board who are parents, which one of us wouldn't be ready to knock out the person who questioned the intelligence of our children?

I think Rob could have still played the game the way he did without being so arrogant.  If he'd shown just a little remorse at having to vote Lex off or if he'd just kept his mouth shut about his opinion of Tom's son...
IP Logged

"Lord, please make me the person my dog thinks I am."
JerriLane
ForumsNet Member
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #28 on: May 11th, 2004, 10:18am »

David--though I agree that it is low and mean to stab friends in the back and laugh at them, I just can't believe that it can compare to lying about your grandmother's death.  Fairplay definitely lied.  But nothing compares so far in Survivor history to wishing death on your loved ones to get ahead in the game--at least not in my opinion.  Fairplay was in a different league.
IP Logged

Jerri
Rupey
ForumsNet Member

Can't top Pearl Islands!

View Profile

« Reply #29 on: May 11th, 2004, 10:35am »

I was really surprised that Jonny's grandmothers was apparently OK with that lie.  If that had been my grandson, I'd have given him a good whipping, dang it!
IP Logged

"Lord, please make me the person my dog thinks I am."
Pages: all 1 2 3 4  ...  6 Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.