Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 16th, 2024, 9:24pm

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Jolanda Jones asks for your help »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Survivor
   Survivor General Gossip & News
(Moderators: lakelady, yesteach, MediaScribe, Isle_be_back)
   Jolanda Jones asks for your help
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Jolanda Jones asks for your help  (Read 279 times)
lakelady
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

Jolanda Jones asks for your help
« on: Sep 4th, 2005, 9:31pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

From Wezzie at sucks:

As you all know, Jolanda Jones from Survivor Palau is an attorney in Houston, Texas and a life-long advocate for the poor and disadvantaged. When I heard that thousands of refugees from New Orleans had been transported to Houston, I contacted her.

Jolanda told me that she went to the Astrodome to see how she could help. She said the conditions there are already very bad. People are grieving and in shock. Others are angry. It's not a safe place for children.

So, Jolanda brought two families home with her. Complete strangers. One is a mother with a 4 month old. The other is a mother with a 13 year old. Jolanda wrote,

"I have a mom and her 4 month old. Her cousin, a single mom with 3 kids, is lost. We're trying to find them because they are supposed to stay here too. I couldn't fit all of them in my truck so I dropped off mom & 4 month old. When I came back, the others were gone. We went and got food and necessities yesterday. Today I took her out to eat breakfast. She couldn't eat. She hasn't had an appetite since Katrina. She was on a bridge for 2 days, in the Super Dome for 2 days, and in the Astrodome for 2 days. I just dropped her off to get her hair done. My son (13) loves the baby. He's cute and he's always smiling. He has no idea what he lived through.  

If you heard some of the experiences she and her family lived through, you'd be awed and inspired. Her will to survive and save her son is incredible. I'm also sad because she and her family lost EVERYTHING!! I'm tired of writing about this. Just thinking about it makes me cry. I hurt so much for her and her family. Please keep them in your prayers.

Thanks,

Jolanda"

Later she wrote,  

"Wezzie,

It'd be great if we could raise money. Sometimes she's fine but other times she's overwhelmed with the enormity of her loss. She just cries and cries and cries. I can't make her feel better. She needs to rebuild. She now owns nothing. She could use every penny she can get. I just went and bought the baby Baby Magic products because I think babies should smell like babies. He's so cute. He's a miracle baby. He hasn't gotten his 4 month shots so I'm working on that now. I think I have new family members forever. They are good, kind, decent people.

Jolanda"

If you can, please send Jolanda a check. You know she'll put it all (and plenty of her own..) towards these people. I'm going to!  

You can write to Jolanda and/or send your checks to:

Jolanda Jones Consulting, Inc.
P.O. Box 2061
Houston, Texas 77252
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.