Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 12:54am

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Rob and Amber milking quasi fame »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Survivor
   Survivor General Gossip & News
(Moderators: lakelady, yesteach, MediaScribe, Isle_be_back)
   Rob and Amber milking quasi fame
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: all 1 2  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Rob and Amber milking quasi fame  (Read 1712 times)
LJB
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Rooting for Ray and Yolanda of TAR9!

View Profile

Re: Rob and Amber milking quasi fame
« Reply #15 on: Jan 31st, 2006, 8:33pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

won't be surprised if rob and amber get their own talk show Roll Eyes
IP Logged
MediaScribe
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Keepin' it all together

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #16 on: May 16th, 2006, 8:43am »

From CBS.com

Rob's Grandma's Sauce To Rescue
'Boston Rob,' Wife Amber, Buoy Small Town Charity Dinner

BARRYTON, Mich., May 16, 2006

Amber (left) and Rob Mariano with Alison Jones  (CBS/The Early Show)

(CBS) When it comes to raising money, many small towns across the country throw pasta dinners.  

So, when Early Show viewer Alison Jones asked "Boston Rob" Mariano to host an event in her town, he not only showed up, he brought along his wife and fellow reality show star Amber Mariano, as well as a special, secret family spaghetti sauce recipe, for the latest installment of "Rob to the Rescue."  

Rob, who competed on "Survivor" and "The Amazing Race," and Amber, who won "Survivor: All Stars," got married after both competed in "Race." Rob had proposed during the finale of "Survivor: All Stars."  

Jones wrote:  

"Dear Rob: I am the director of youth ministry at a small rural church in Barryton, Michigan. Like most rural towns across the U.S., our kids come with little money, except for everything but the necessities. We have a state youth convention for our church denomination every May. This is an awesome convention, and the kids love to go. We do various fundraisers to help raise the money. Would you consider coming to host our Italian dinner night so the kids go to their annual state youth convention?"  

The first thing Rob did when he and Amber arrived was to ask, "Where's the sauce? Take me to the sauce! The sauce is the most important part of any spaghetti dinner."  

And Rob says he knew right away, "If I'm going to host a spaghetti dinner, I'm going to have to cook my grandmother's sauce."  

And cook it, he and Amber did.  

The dinner drew about 100 people last year, but this time around, with the draw of Rob and Amber, Alison was expecting 500. Barryton only has some 400 residents.  

Yet, says, Rob, "I think the dinner was a huge success. We had over 1,000 people show up and have my grandma's sauce, and they doubled their expectations on how much money they wanted to make," to the trune of roughly $4,000.  

Rob and Amber had trouble cooking the macaroni quickly enough to keep up with demand, but it all worked out. Some people waited in line for nearly two hours for a plate of pasta and a photo of the couple.  

With eight burners boiling pasta, it still wasn't enough to keep up with crowds. Rob felt the church cook was making matters worse by reusing the boiled water. The heavily -starched water, according to Rob, was taking even longer to boil, and several arguments about how to cook spaghetti broke out in the church kitchen.  

All's well that ended well though, and all for a good cause.  

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/05/16/earlyshow/series/main1620720.s html
IP Logged
deadhead

Email

« Reply #17 on: May 16th, 2006, 8:49am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

And he got his butt knocked out first in the calvin ayre poker thing in cost rica.How he is a so called celeb is beyond me.
IP Logged
Joab
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #18 on: May 17th, 2006, 4:29am »

But hey, at least they are doing something good this time. I'm glad to hear about this.
IP Logged

Vote in The Amazing Race Survival Battle -
http://www.forumsnet.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=tar5game;action=display;num=1229008287
Pages: all 1 2  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.