Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 24th, 2024, 4:05pm

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Survivor 22: Redemption Island »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Survivor
   Survivor General Gossip & News
(Moderators: lakelady, yesteach, MediaScribe, Isle_be_back)
   Survivor 22: Redemption Island
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Survivor 22: Redemption Island  (Read 36225 times)
ImANewUser
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

View Profile WWW

Survivor 22: Redemption Island
« on: Apr 8th, 2011, 6:01am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I think it's time we start revivng this board, so I say, has anyone on here been watching Redemption Island?
IP Logged

I wanna see if I can embark on reviving Forumsnet. I hope I succeed. I really miss this place. Cheesy
Isle_be_back
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

Re: Survivor 22: Redemption Island
« Reply #1 on: Apr 8th, 2011, 8:39pm »

I watch it every week.  This week was great.  Rob is playing a great game.  Too bad he's well known or he would win this season.  I'm sure Rob had already planned on ousting Matt, but after Matt's little confession Rob had all the proof he needed that Matt could not be trusted.  Confessions might work in church but on Survivor..not such a good idea. Unfortunately for him, it looks like he'll finally get a real challenger soon.  Either Mike or Dave could beat him and it looks like he'll be seeing one of them next.  I think Ometepe will zap Zapetera.  Once that is done, they'll finally get rid of Phil and then Rob will follow.  I can't wait for the Ponderosa vids.
IP Logged
ImANewUser
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: Apr 9th, 2011, 4:11am »

I think so too, but I'd prefer Zapatera beating Ometepe (although seriously, the six pre-jury boots >>>>> Boremetepe + Zzzzzzapatera).
IP Logged

I wanna see if I can embark on reviving Forumsnet. I hope I succeed. I really miss this place. Cheesy
Isle_be_back
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Apr 14th, 2011, 10:11pm »

Rob is playing this game good.  Luckily he has a bunch of followers.  Hopefully they are all thinking he'll take them to the F3.  For his best chance at winning, he needs to take Phillip and Ashley.  If he makes it to the F3 I think Mike and Dave respect his gameplay and would end up voting for him to win the $.  I want Phil to go to the Final TC just to hear him answer some of the questions they'll be tossing his way.  Andrea, Natalie and Grant have all won an IC so they can say they're deserving of winning.  Ralf might vote for Rob just because he can spel his name.

Looks like next week Phil plays the race card.  I just wanna know how he can do that if he's the red-headed stepchild?  Is that even legal?  Maybe Dennis Rodman could get away with that but I don't know if Phil can.  

I am so hoping that Rob makes it to the Final TC
IP Logged
Snooky.
ForumsNet Member
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Apr 15th, 2011, 1:41pm »

Phillip is the only reason I am watching it this season, I believe it is the beginning of Rob's downfall. Phillip <3

Also, I am rooting for Andrea to win!
IP Logged
ImANewUser
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: Apr 16th, 2011, 1:44am »

on Apr 14th, 2011, 10:11pm, ExIsle_be_back wrote:
Rob is playing this game good.  Luckily he has a bunch of followers.  Hopefully they are all thinking he'll take them to the F3.  For his best chance at winning, he needs to take Phillip and Ashley.  If he makes it to the F3 I think Mike and Dave respect his gameplay and would end up voting for him to win the $.  I want Phil to go to the Final TC just to hear him answer some of the questions they'll be tossing his way.  Andrea, Natalie and Grant have all won an IC so they can say they're deserving of winning.  Ralf might vote for Rob just because he can spel his name.

Looks like next week Phil plays the race card.  I just wanna know how he can do that if he's the red-headed stepchild?  Is that even legal?  Maybe Dennis Rodman could get away with that but I don't know if Phil can.  

I am so hoping that Rob makes it to the Final TC

I really think (or rather, hope) that we're being set up for a Rob downfall in the near future. If not, oh well. :/
IP Logged

Isle_be_back
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Apr 17th, 2011, 11:31pm »

Will Phillip survive this episode when he plays the "race" card?  Chances are Steve will be the one to go.  That will be Rob's way of placating him.  On a personal note...I don't think beng crazy is a black or white issue.  Look at Charlie Manson.  That dude is F*ing nuts! And he's a white boy.  Phillip needs a reality (show) check.  Steve was just calling a ...I guess I can't really use that quote in this instance...but I think you get the idea.
IP Logged
MediaScribe
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Keepin' it all together

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Apr 19th, 2011, 1:08pm »

Phillip is a great character and I'm really interested in finding out if he's really as flighty as he comes off while in the game or if it's all an act. His confessionals seem a lot more grounded.

Personally I think Boston Rob is playing one of the more masterful games I've seen in 22 seasons and would actually enjoy a Rob win.

If you're own Twitter, Jeff Probst has been live tweeting the East and West coast feeds with some interesting analysis, trivia and behind the scenes info.  @jeffprobst
IP Logged
ImANewUser
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #8 on: Apr 20th, 2011, 4:36am »

I mean, Rob does deserve to win, but that doesn't mean I will enjoy it. Tongue
IP Logged

Isle_be_back
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Apr 22nd, 2011, 2:03am »

Okay.  I think Phillip definately has some "issues".  When you're acting like a f-ing lunatic, people are gonna call you crazy!  It isn't a reference to you being black, it's a reference to you being NUTS!  That's it.  I said it.  I said the N word.  

My guess is that Phillip's last federal job was of the postal variety.  Fortunately for them, they spotted the signs and retired him before anything more serious than pink underwear happened.   Unfortunately for Survivor contestants, the Feds disavowed any knowledge of his actions and therefore were unaware of his powderkeg potential.
IP Logged
ImANewUser
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #10 on: Apr 30th, 2011, 10:51pm »

I still think Phillip was given some sort of crazy pills when he was let go by the feds (that is, if he did work for the feds).
IP Logged

Snooky.
ForumsNet Member
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: May 2nd, 2011, 5:17pm »

on Apr 30th, 2011, 10:51pm, Raymond wrote:
I still think Phillip was given some sort of crazy pills when he was let go by the feds (that is, if he did work for the feds).

IKR?  Smiley
IP Logged
Isle_be_back
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: May 2nd, 2011, 10:33pm »

WTF does IKR mean?   Huh
IP Logged
Snooky.
ForumsNet Member
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #13 on: May 3rd, 2011, 7:57pm »

on May 2nd, 2011, 10:33pm, ExIsle_be_back wrote:
WTF does IKR mean?   Huh

I know, right? LOL
IP Logged
bleespoorpa
ForumsNet Member
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: May 11th, 2011, 3:58am »

on Apr 8th, 2011, 6:01am, Raymond wrote:
I think it's time we start revivng this board, so I say, has anyone on here been watching Redemption Island?

Yeah i have seen almost every episode of this show! This running season is really interesting to watch..I really like it..

Survivor Redemption Island
« Last Edit: May 13th, 2011, 8:45pm by Isle_be_back » IP Logged
ImANewUser
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #15 on: May 13th, 2011, 11:52pm »

I guess I'm skipping the finale this time. :|
IP Logged

Isle_be_back
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #16 on: May 14th, 2011, 2:09am »

Why stop now?  Have you missed the previous episodes?
IP Logged
Isle_be_back
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #17 on: May 16th, 2011, 2:51am »

Wow!  I am so jazzed! I can't believe Rob actually pulled it off.  For once the vote went as it should.    

I liked how at the beginning, Natalie told the jury how Rob brought her to the F3, then Phillip goes and tells the Jury that he made himself useful to Rob so he would keep him around.  That should have told the jury everything they needed to know right there.  They were following Rob's instructions.  It was Rob's game.  Dave made a great speech to the jury and let them know that anybody with half a brain would know to vote for Rob. (This would  explain Ralf's lone vote for Phile.)  Most of the jury's questioned were directed at Natalie and Phillip, trying to get them to explain why they deserved the $$$.  Natalie thought that because she was 19 and made it to the F3, she should win the million.  Phillip on the other hand, pretty much knew he didn't have a chance and shot down a couple of potential anti-Rob votes by telling the jury members that if they didn't like it...don't vote for him.  They didn't.  I was surprised by Grant's reaction.  After watching this last episode, he should have realized that Rob's hand was forced and he had no other choice but to go along and vote him out, hoping he could take care of that nusiance, Matt in the Final Redemption Duel. I hope Matt realized that Rob's biggest and best move was booting him off.  We saw how much of a threat he was when he won most of those Redemption Island matches.  Had Rob not gotten rid of him, Matt could very well have won this season.  Which brings me to next season...Jeff says that there will be two previous players, returning.  Who  will they be?  I believe Matt will be one of them. Who will be the other?  Will they opt for a good vs. evil, and have Russell come back again?  It might even be Coach or Richard Hatch.  

Once again, Congrats to Rob.  Not only did he win the million, but got the $100,000 as the fan favorite.  Way to clean house!  Finally... Amber will have to treat him as an equal and won't be able to pull rank on him.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.