Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 19th, 2024, 8:16pm

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Nike Air Max Tavas Femme »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Survivor
   Survivor General Gossip & News
(Moderators: lakelady, yesteach, MediaScribe, Isle_be_back)
   Nike Air Max Tavas Femme
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Nike Air Max Tavas Femme  (Read 128 times)
sooo
ForumsNet Member
Australia 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

Nike Air Max Tavas Femme
« on: Nov 9th, 2017, 8:12pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Nike had been trying to make its air technology smaller, increasing its size and displaying it was a provocative idea — the brand feared the transparent display would look structurally weak and easily punctured. In the Netflix documentary series Abstract: The Art of Design, Hatfield describes the reaction to early Air Max sketches: “It was widely discussed that I had pushed it too far. People were trying to get us fired.” Fortunately, Hatfield had the confidence to challenge the opposition with support from David Forland, Nike’s Director of Cushioning Innovation. However, while Hatfield had complete confidence in the integrity of his design, no one could have predicted the Air Max 1’s lasting impact.

Nike’s first sneaker to reveal Nike Air Max 95 Womens the Air-cushioned sole, the Air Max 1, finally released March 26, 1987 and featured in Nike’s first television ad the same year. It was part of the Air Pack which also featured the Air Trainer 1, Air Sock, Air Revolution and Air Safari. “I was at an airport right around the time the first Air Max sneaker launched,” explains Forland. “I was calling a tech in the lab when someone walked by wearing a pair. I stared at him from the phone booth and said, ‘Somebody bought them. I see the Air-Sole going up and down!’ It was a big risk, but bigger reward.”

From then onward, Air Max has been the gift that keeps on giving, the innovation led to a sneaker series that’s still going strong thirty years later. Air Max 90, Air Max 180, Air Max 95, Air Max 97, Air Max Plus, Air Max 360 and Air Max 2015, amongst others, have all notably followed Adidas Gazelle Womens the original. This year, alongside the Air VaporMax, Nike debuts the most innovative Air Max 1 to date, the celebratory anniversary edition Air Max 1 Ultra 2.0.

The reworked sneaker comes in the OG Air Max 1 colorway with 3.26 embellishing the tongue and commemorating the original’s anniversary. Thanks to the lightweight Ultra 2.0 outsole it’s also one of the lightest Air Max models ever.

Today, sneaker collaborations fill the e-pages of Adidas ZX Flux Femme Highsnobiety, and it’s peculiar to imagine a time when these partnerships were not commonplace.

In 2000, California surf brand Stussy partnered with Nike to produce two limited versions of the Air Huarache. This partnership was years ahead of its time, and created an important precedent that opened a space for smaller, independent brands to work with bigger, more established names like Nike. Nike Air Max 90 Mujer “Collaboration” was far from the enticing, marketing buzzword that it is today, as the audience for sneakers was much smaller in the late 1990s and early 2000s. After Stussy got the ball rolling, Japanese retailer atmos joined up with the Swoosh in 2002 to create a unique version of the classic Air Max 1. The team at atmos added an unmistakable “Safari” motif to Tinker Hatfield’s now-iconic design, which is today considered one of the greatest Adidas ZX Flux Womens Black versions of the Air Max 1 to date.

A year later, in 2003, atmos again re-worked the Air Max 1, giving fans a new “Viotech” version with a purple and mixed brown theme. Japanese retailer atmos was quickly gaining acclaim in sneakerhead circles, firming up a strong foundation of collaborations with Nike. Jumping forward to 2007, the atmos x Nike Air Max 1 “Elephant” arrived on the scene as part of a “Zoo” pack. While the Air Max 1 “Elephant” is only one example of Nike’s keen eye for collaboration, especially in streetwear culture’s early days, last year Air Max fans used their votes to resurrect the sneaker for 2017. Speaking to Nike, atmos Creative Director Hirofumi Kojima noted: “Of course it was a great pleasure and the greatest honor for a person whose job is about sneakers. To be honest, I did not realize the significance of Nike Air Max Tavas Femme the event at first, but a lot of celebratory remarks from the staff and my friends made me realize it.”
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.