Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 20th, 2024, 12:28pm

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Nike Air Force 1 High Mujer »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Survivor
   Survivor General Gossip & News
(Moderators: lakelady, yesteach, MediaScribe, Isle_be_back)
   Nike Air Force 1 High Mujer
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Nike Air Force 1 High Mujer  (Read 60 times)
sooo
ForumsNet Member
Australia 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

Nike Air Force 1 High Mujer
« on: Jan 14th, 2018, 9:21pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

There are certain things in life that are so ugly they’re beautiful, or so ugly they’re cute. (The French call it jolie laide; the Japanese, busakawa.) Think of bulldogs, bumpy noses — or Birkenstocks. This week, we’re celebrating the faces that only a mother could love. Welcome to Fugly Week on the Strategist.

I counted 11 people wearing Stan Smiths on my way to work one recent morning. In the last few Adidas Gazelle Womens years, New York — and every other metropolitan city around the world — has been awash in a sea of plain white sneakers. There are the budget versions. There are the Converse versions. There are the $400 versions made with Italian leather that fashion editors wear because they get them for free. And there are Stan Smiths. So many Stan Smiths.

I get it. They go with everything. Dress them up! Dress them down! Their defining feature is their complete lack of character, but in their ubiquity, they’ve gotten to feel a bit … boring. The world could use a few more sneakers with character, and I am here to advocate for sneakers that have a lot of — possibly even too much — character: Some Asics Gels. There are all sorts of Asics Gels, but the model that we’re here to talk about today is the Gel-Lyte V, which is mostly defined by the Nike Air Max 95 Mujer lack of a traditional tongue in favor of a little stretchy sockliner that is both kind of unattractive and yet also very comfortable.

I’m not saying these Nike Air Max Classic BW Womens are the ugliest sneakers available, but they’re not exactly “sleek,” either. They debuted in the early ‘90s, and they manage to look both futuristic and hopelessly outdated. It’s like the designers set out to make something sophisticated, but then just gave up and kept adding different stuff. Chunkier than many homely pairs of New Balance dad kicks, they also come in all sorts of bonkers colors. The pair to which I am currently most partial is a mash-up of colors, materials, and textures that really have no business existing together on the same shoe. But here’s the other thing: Anyone who has owned a pair will tell you they are the most comfortable thing they’ve ever put on Nike Air Max 97 Femme their feet. They feel soft and cushioned but also somehow supportive. If I wear them after a long jog I feel like I bounce back more quickly than I do Nike Air Max Classic BW Damen with other shoes. (I mean, I’d also probably wear them to jog in a pinch, which I guess is what they were designed to do).

J Crew's trainer collaborations have reached near-legendary proportions in style circles - generally because the design team have managed to take throwback styles and give them a modern menswear redesign. Having worked its magic on iterations of

Onitsuka Tigers and multiple models of New Balances, the brand has now turned its attention to another favourite of trainer superfans: the Asics Gel-Lyte III.

Originally introduced by the Japanese trainer-maker in 1990, the shape of the shoe has become a classic with men who are into retro runners. One of the reasons Asics Gel Lyte 5 Dames for this is the distinctive markings all over that can be coloured up or toned down by designers as needed - an advantage that has been fully exploited Nike Air Force 1 High Mujer for the two new J Crew collaborative styles: one for bolder guys in contrasting forest green and light orange, and another in more subtle blue and light grey.

In our opinion, they're both stellar - but if you're looking for a bit of inspo for how to wear them, world-famous street style snapper Tommy Ton has photographed two of his New York City friends Dapper Lou and Joe Kenneth showing you some superb styling suggestions.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.