Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 28th, 2024, 2:06pm

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Nike Air Zoom Spiridon Femme »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Survivor
   Survivor General Gossip & News
(Moderators: lakelady, yesteach, MediaScribe, Isle_be_back)
   Nike Air Zoom Spiridon Femme
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Nike Air Zoom Spiridon Femme  (Read 90 times)
sooo
ForumsNet Member
Australia 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

Nike Air Zoom Spiridon Femme
« on: Jun 10th, 2018, 8:32pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

2015 saw adidas release the Yeezy Boost 350 and the Ultra Boost—two of the brand’s biggest new sneakers in quite some time— and it felt like they were riding a wave that wasn’t going to crash. Word came out that adidas was set to launch a new Nike Air Max 1 Mujer sneaker at the end of the year, which was supposed to be one of its biggest projects yet, but no one knew what it looked like. Adidas said that it would borrow elements from three of its archival sneakers—the Boston Super, Micropacer, and Rising Star—to make an all-new shoe called the NMD, and it was slated to be the Nike Air Max 270 Womens best shoe ever, or something like that.

The sneakers were unveiled at a huge event in New York City, and they were a touch underwhelming for the magnitude of the party. Then they released and sold out. Instagram pages were devoted to the NMD, and then it happened: The NMD became one of the most talked about adidas sneakers. Colorway after colorway was produced, and people feared that it would go the way of the ZX Flux, a previous adidas shoe that was popular when it first came out, then became played out. But that Adidas Superstar Donna didn’t occur. Every release was just as anticipated—or even more so—than the previous one. And the resale values skyrocketed, with the original version hovering at somewhere around $1,000.

With their brand new Originals NMD, adidas takes a step above and beyond releasing an archival silhouette outfitted with modern technology. While the brand's iconic design DNA is present, the NMD is an entirely new beast (and concept), drawing attributes from three previous progressive styles but bolstered by a Primeknit upper and a BOOST midsole for functionality. Yes, there's the signature color blocks and those famed three stripes, but there's something bold and exaggerated that should appeal not only to fans of the brand, but also to an entirely new audience.

Even before stepping any further into the product details, one has to wonder what Adidas Stan Smith Femme the acronym defining the product even means. According to adidas Originals VP of Global Design Nic Galway, "We started talking about what does 'new' mean, both in terms of design and how we live our lives. We kicked around a lot of thoughts on new modern design and the new nomadic traveler, but we didn't want to give a name that was too descriptive." As the shoe defies traditional categorization—blending technical running elements within a lifestyle product—the team decided to keep the name in code form, rather than rename Adidas Superstar Womens it down the line. Galway says, "It's about creating something that's right for now that we can incorporate into our lives."

When holding the NMD, it becomes evident that it was built for travelers. Not only is the shoe light and flexible, it's also compressible and takes up little space. "I travel all the Nike Air Max 2017 Mujer time," Galway says. "You can't take everything with you. You take objects of meaning, whether that's a product of cultural meaning or something that is purely comfortable. I take shoes that I want to have on my feet." This manifests in material usage and yields a series of comfort-oriented attributes: durability and strength, flexibility and shock-resistance.

Furthering this, rather than draw up ideas, Galway prefers to make them up immediately. "I make a lot of things. I do not see the benefit of sketching how you use Nike Air Max Thea Damen Primeknit. I'd rather use the material and start playing with it, see it move and react. Only by making do you really find out how it works. New materials take you to new solutions and lead you to new silhouettes, which are informed by those materials and not just by drawings." The design is future-forward, but Galway Nike Air Zoom Spiridon Femme also has thoughts on that word: "Future doesn't mean futuristic. It can be many things, not necessarily further and further forward. We can innovate in a series of different ways, sometimes involving stepping back in time." Therein lies the sneaker's blend of past and present.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.