Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 25th, 2024, 7:58pm

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Girl Goes Into Labor at 'Idol' Audition »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   The Idols Shows
   American Idol
(Moderators: lakelady, Isle_be_back)
   Girl Goes Into Labor at 'Idol' Audition
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Girl Goes Into Labor at 'Idol' Audition  (Read 808 times)
TAR 4 life

Email

Girl Goes Into Labor at 'Idol' Audition
« on: Aug 9th, 2007, 4:51pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Woman Refuses Help, Keeps Singing Through Contractions
AOL
Posted: 2007-08-09 12:26:23
Filed Under: TV News
(Aug. 9) -- If you thought you'd seen everything during the bizarre "American Idol" audition shows, get prepared for a shocker.

On August 5, "Idol" hopeful Antoria Gillon went into labor while waiting in line with 3,500 other auditioners in Dallas looking to become the next reality singing star, FOX News is reporting.

FOX
Antoria Gillon labored through contractions while auditioning for 'American Idol' in Texas. After being cleared to move on to the next round, she headed to the hospital where she gave birth to Jamil Labarron Idol McCowan, the budding star's second child.

Gillon, a 20-year-old hairstylist who was nine-months pregnant during the audition, said she "didn't want to turn around after being there all those hours in the heat with people pushing." She goes on to say that when she felt the first signs of labor, a "friend helped me walk through the line."

But the friend didn't rush her to an ambulance. They went to the front of the line.

"I wasn't going to leave without singing," Gillon said. Gillon then sang while she held her belly.

"I gave it my all thru the contractions. They were back to back and getting harder and harder but I was more than willing to have my baby right there. I wasn’t leaving without my golden ticket to the next round," she said.

A judge then gave her a seat, and when an ambulance arrived, Gillon refused to leave, telling the "Idol" staff she "wasn’t through singing yet."

The audition was a success for Gillon, who will be back for the next round of the hit FOX show. The singer was taken to a local hospital, where she gave birth to a son named Jamil Labarron Idol McCowan.

Source: http://news.aol.com/entertainment/television/story/_a/girl-goes-into-lab or-at-idol-audition/20070809093909990001
IP Logged
Joab
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

Re: Girl Goes Into Labor at 'Idol' Audition
« Reply #1 on: Aug 11th, 2007, 9:10am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Shocked Erm, speechless anyone?
IP Logged

Vote in The Amazing Race Survival Battle -
http://www.forumsnet.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=tar5game;action=display;num=1229008287
Johny_Boy
ForumsNet Member
Colombia 

View Profile

Re: Girl Goes Into Labor at 'Idol' Audition
« Reply #2 on: Jan 16th, 2008, 4:59pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

^^ wow that sucks ....i guess life is unpredictable
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.