Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 3:03pm

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Off-beat News »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Off-Topic Forums
   In the News
(Moderators: lakelady, yesteach, MediaScribe, Bumper, Isle_be_back)
   Off-beat News
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Off-beat News  (Read 853 times)
crypto
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

Off-beat News
« on: Jul 9th, 2002, 10:09am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Man invents Pig shower

http://www.wfaa.com/offbeat/stories/wfaa020704_cm_offbeat1.48873df9.html

07/04/2002  

Associated Press  

TRAVERSE CITY, Mich. - The Murray family's three little pigs have a new way to beat the heat.  

Isaac Murray, an electrical field technician, has installed a shower in his pigpen so his swine will have no reason to whine during a heat wave that has sent temperatures into the 90s.  

"When he told me he wanted to build a shower for the pigs, I thought, 'You're kidding me,"' Judith Murray, Isaac's wife, said Wednesday. "I thought the kids should just go out and spray them a couple times a day; that's what 4-H says to do."  

But when Isaac Murray designed and set up the plumbing apparatus, the family agreed it was a great invention.  

It runs automatically for two minutes every two hours, all day long.  

"The pigs love getting in it, and it's good for them," Judith Murray said. "Pigs can only cool off through their noses, and so they need to be cooled down with water."  

The Murrays' pigs are now trained to shower every time the device starts running.  

"They have a pecking order," Judith Murray said. "The little one has to wait until the other two are done before it can go in."  

IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.