Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 27th, 2024, 5:44pm

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « 4th of July Fireworks »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Community
   The Grapevine
(Moderators: Heather, Bumper, Isle_be_back)
   4th of July Fireworks
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 4th of July Fireworks  (Read 504 times)
Kramer
ForumsNet Member

Welcome Home Stanley! Hockeytown Loves YOU!

View Profile

4th of July Fireworks
« on: Jun 28th, 2002, 5:04pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello,

I just wanted to start a thread for the 4th of July fireworks.

This year was the first year that I went Downtown Detroit for the Freedom Festival Fireworks and it was quite an amazing experience.

My sister works for the US Coast Guard in Detroit and she invited me onto the Coast Guard Boat that patrols the Detroit River during the Fireworks.

They take out a HUGE boat with an attached barge and invite all of the families of the Coast Guard on board.  There was approximately 400 people and PLENTY of room.

They had a grill on board and they grilled burgers and hotdogs, had all sorts of snacks, pop, water, you name it and they had it.

This particular boat goes out into the middle of the firework display area and sits there, so we were directly under the fireworks, it was an awesome display.

Here are some pictures:

http://www.freep.com/photos/gallery/2002/2002fireworks/index.htm

The Detroit/Windsor Freedom Festival lasts about a week and the two cities host a huge festival that can be seen on either shoreline.  Both cities looked spectacular in the night and while the crowd was not as large as normal, it was quite packed on both sides of the border.

They flew the American flag over the US side and a Canadian flag over the Canadian side with a spotlight on each (while they played the appropriate anthem as each flag was being flown).  It was really quite a sight to behold and I am glad that I went this year, I can't believe I waited so long to go.

You know, Detroit really gets a bad rap.

There is a lot of beauty to that city, you just have to know your way around.

Tongue
IP Logged

Now this looks like a job for Detroit,
So everyone, just follow Steve,
'Cause we need another cup, can't you see,
'Cause it feels so empty without Stanley!

Hockeytown - Home of the Detroit Red Wings
*Go Wings Go*
LibertyBelle
ForumsNet Member

libertybelle28  
View Profile

Re: 4th of July Fireworks
« Reply #1 on: Jun 28th, 2002, 11:40pm »

Quote:
You know, Detroit really gets a bad rap.  
 There is a lot of beauty to that city, you just have to know your way around.

I feel the exact same way about my city Kramer! So I know whereof you speak.  Wink

We have a fireworks display from the top of the mountain that divides the community where I live from the downtown area. We can see it from our front yard. It's neat, all the neighbors come out, with all the kids, and we stand or sit around, or walk up the street to the little "village" cafes. A real feeling of community.
IP Logged

I watch from the wings at the play you are staging - while I'm sitting here doing nothing but aging.
~ George Harrison ~
Mags
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

MagsCDN
View Profile

Re: 4th of July Fireworks
« Reply #2 on: Jun 29th, 2002, 1:21am »

CoolI went to the fireworks when I was about 8.. and I LOVED every minute of it! CoolI can still remember all 6 of us getting into the Volks. and driving to Windsor. I was just in AWE..the fireworks over the river is Awesome!

I am sure that it is much better now..so go and enjoy!

Happy Freedom Festival! Smiley
IP Logged

If you judge people, you have less time to Love them. Anon.

Maggi
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.