Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 12th, 2024, 9:27pm

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Hey Roo...look at this! »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Community
   The Grapevine
(Moderators: Heather, Bumper, Isle_be_back)
   Hey Roo...look at this!
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Hey Roo...look at this!  (Read 464 times)
crypto
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

Hey Roo...look at this!
« on: Jul 8th, 2002, 3:47pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Roo, I saw this article and thought of you.  Grin  Gave me a nice little chuckle.

http://www.nbc5i.com/news/1547072/detail.html

Mini 'Roos Now Available As Pets
Breeder Calls Wallabies 'Chick Magnets'

POSTED: 9:04 a.m. EDT July 8, 2002

ARLINGTON, Wash. -- Forget the ferrets and even the potbellied pigs. The latest exotic pet is the mini 'roo.  

Ray and Joey Strom breed wallabies -- miniature kangaroos -- on their farm in Arlington. The marsupials sell for more than $1,000..  

Joey Strom says they're ideal, almost magical creatures. They do have a down side, though.  

Kangaroos can't be paper-trained or housebroken, so their owners are constantly cleaning up after them. But single guys take note. Ray Storm says the mini 'roos are "real chick magnets."

Copyright 2002 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.  

IP Logged
Roo94
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

Re: Hey Roo...look at this!
« Reply #1 on: Jul 9th, 2002, 7:10am »

Thanks crypto - don't think I could talk MrRoo into it.  And I'm not sure I would want to walk around scooping up Roo droppings in my house! Grin

Our "Roo" is a very fat, 10 year old cat.  She is named for Roo from Winnie the Pooh - when she was a kitten she looked like Roo.

IP Logged
Kramer
ForumsNet Member

Welcome Home Stanley! Hockeytown Loves YOU!

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Jul 9th, 2002, 9:45am »

Hey Roo,  

I had a horse who was named Super Sweet Sensation (her formal paper name) and I used to call her Cincy for short.  She was a Bit** most of the time to almost everyone.  She was quite a handful to work with, however, I always felt loved by her.  Anyways, because of how mean she could be, the guy at the farm used to call her "Rude" instead of Cincy.  He used "Rude" as her name.  

I didn't want anyone to call my horse Rude, so I shortened that to "Roo" and I used to call her Cincy Roo or Roo.  Either way, she responded to it and it became her nickname.  

I have given the horse to my friends mother who lives on 400 acres in Pennsylvania.  She has full reign of the fields and valleys and is in wonderful condition out there.  When I go to visit, I can be found, standing in the middle of a lonely field calling "Come here Roo!" and of course, she comes running Wink

Your story gave me a chuckle, it is amazing how we come up with the different nicknames for our pets.

Tongue
« Last Edit: Jul 9th, 2002, 9:46am by Kramer » IP Logged

Now this looks like a job for Detroit,
So everyone, just follow Steve,
'Cause we need another cup, can't you see,
'Cause it feels so empty without Stanley!

Hockeytown - Home of the Detroit Red Wings
*Go Wings Go*
crypto
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Jul 9th, 2002, 9:57am »

Kramer, that's a great story.

Roo, I think you told me about your cat a long time ago and actually I'm a big Winnie the Pooh fan, but the story said Roo and you just came to mind.  You sure you couldn't talk Mr. Roo into a baby roo.  Wink
IP Logged
Roo94
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Jul 9th, 2002, 11:25am »

It would be awful cute hopping around in the backyard - though somehow it would seem out of place in Rhode Island!  Thanks for thinking of me!  Cheesy

Wonder what Kangarookeeper would think of it?  Haven't thought about him in awhile - but this made me think of him!

Kramer - your "Roo" sounds like he lives in a lovely home!  I hope you get to visit her often!
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.