Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 13th, 2024, 7:36pm

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « "Weird Al" Yankovic »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Community
   The Grapevine
(Moderators: Heather, Bumper, Isle_be_back)
   "Weird Al" Yankovic
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: "Weird Al" Yankovic  (Read 363 times)
MaximusPower
ForumsNet Member

DOH!!

(msn)++Maximus+Power   CAUProductions
View Profile

"Weird Al" Yankovic
« on: Jul 21st, 2002, 11:46pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Smiley How's everyone doing. This is my first post in this, or any forum for that matter, so I hope it's ok. Basically I would like to hear from people who know, listen, like, or even dislike "Weird Al" Yankovic. I am one of his biggest fans and love to talk about him. Are any of you guys going to the Orange County fair to see him? I know i'll be there. Have a favorite song or a song you would like him to make a parody of in the future. I would love to hear allllll about it. Hope to hear from some of you soon. -MXP :cool:
IP Logged
Kramer
ForumsNet Member

Welcome Home Stanley! Hockeytown Loves YOU!

View Profile

Re: "Weird Al" Yankovic
« Reply #1 on: Jul 22nd, 2002, 11:33am »

Hi Max,

Im not a wierd al fan in particular, but I can remember when he did some spoofs on Michael Jackson and those were pretty funny.

It sounds like you are going to have fun when you go and see him, I am sure that it will be a great time.

Take care,
Kramer
IP Logged

Now this looks like a job for Detroit,
So everyone, just follow Steve,
'Cause we need another cup, can't you see,
'Cause it feels so empty without Stanley!

Hockeytown - Home of the Detroit Red Wings
*Go Wings Go*
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

29289456 29289456   rhune_1971   Rhune1971
View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Jul 22nd, 2002, 1:53pm »

I'm a fan of Weird Al, and have owned a couple of his albums in the past.  I especially love his polka ensemble songs at the end of each album.

I thought the behind the music episode on him was great.  I found it interesting that Nirvana said they realized they had finally made it, because Weird Al did a parody of them.

Here's an odd bit of trivia.  The album with the song on it, Nature Trail to Hell (a song making fun of movies like Friday the 13th) was recorded during the time when there was a lot of hysteria about satanic messages being recorded backwards into albums. The belief at that time was that backwards messages would affect the subconcious mind and turn everyone into satanists.  Obivously this all turned out to be bullshit.  Wink

At any rate, because Weird Al enjoys poking fun at everything, in the middle of the song Nature Trail to Hell, there is some backwards talking.  If you actually  play it backwards (which I have) he says quite clearly, "The Devil eats Cheese Whiz".   :devilish:
IP Logged
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

29289456 29289456   rhune_1971   Rhune1971
View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Jul 22nd, 2002, 1:57pm »

BTW, one of our other sites is http://www.musicfanclubs.org

If you haven't been there before, you might check them out.  I'm sure there are a bunch of other Weird Al fans there too. Smiley
IP Logged
Mzz_Joplin
ForumsNet Member

Thaid no more ...

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Jul 22nd, 2002, 6:24pm »

I like Weird Al too  Smiley  I loved his movie "UHF"

And, as a Nirvana fan, I especially liked his parody of "Smells Like Teen Spirit" ... hehe
IP Logged

Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose ...
Tsunami
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Jul 24th, 2002, 2:31am »

I love Weird Al.. am disappointed that I haven't heard anything from him lately.   I know he takes his time between albums, but his song about Episode 1: The Phantom Menace (to the tune of American Pie) was so brilliant that I hoped he'd do another one for Episode 2.. but I guess even George Lucas is too fast for Al.  Too bad.

The past couple days I have been writing song paradies of my own, and while I'm no Weird Al I had a lot of fun.. give it a shot if you've never tried it.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.