Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 13th, 2024, 3:57am

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Is it just me? (Round 2. things that drive me nuts »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Community
   The Grapevine
(Moderators: Heather, Bumper, Isle_be_back)
   Is it just me? (Round 2. things that drive me nuts
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Is it just me? (Round 2. things that drive me nuts  (Read 646 times)
Bumper
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
USA 

A Virginia Member of  the RED SOX Nation

mrbumper2003  
View Profile

Is it just me? (Round 2. things that drive me nuts
« on: Aug 12th, 2002, 12:13pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Is it just me?  Or would anyone else like to experience the joy of putting your hands tightly around the neck of the "highly educated" engineer who is designing parking lots and traffic flows for commercial establishments these days!!

These parking lots to many new stores, malls, etc. seem to have been designed by nimrods who take great delight in steering us customers through various turns, etc.  What ever happened to a simple straight thru traffic pattern??  It seems like every large store or mall I go to, I'm forced to navigate around various "curbing", shrubs, etc.  

Now don't get me wrong, I'm all in favor of something "visually appealing"  but turning these parking lots into RAT MAZES just drives me crazy!!   :furious2: Grin  (OK, granted, it's a short drive.)  Grin

What drives YOU crazy?   Shocked  Inquiring minds want to know.
IP Logged

If U R reading these old posts, know that we were once a great, active cyber-community, but as in all things..Time moves on. This is now a Ghost Town.
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

29289456 29289456   rhune_1971   Rhune1971
View Profile Email

Re: Is it just me? (Round 2. things that drive me
« Reply #1 on: Aug 12th, 2002, 1:22pm »

Pop-up advertisements - particularly the new breed that pops up stays on your main screen and scrolls down with it, getting in the way and has no obvious means to turn it off. *mutter*
 :tdown:
IP Logged
crypto
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Aug 12th, 2002, 1:37pm »

People who start writing their check after everything in their basket has been scanned.

People who go to the express lane and have a billion items.

Drivers who turn and don't use a turn signal.
IP Logged
LibertyBelle
ForumsNet Member

libertybelle28  
View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Aug 14th, 2002, 9:35am »

Drivers who push my buttons: (tho to call them "drivers" is pushing the term to the outer limits...)  Roll Eyes

"Strollers" - The ones who use the left lane as if it's their personal Sunday outing space, totally oblivious to other traffic.  

"Stoppers" - Those who pull up to the entrance to a merge lane and just stop, oblivious to the long lane ahead of them. And of course they have to wait til there's not another car in sight cause they have to merge from a dead stop.

"Racers" - Those who drive under the damn speed limit... until you try to pass them, at which time they suddenly discover what the long pedal is for. Drop behind them again, and guess what??!!

"Space Hogs" - Those who are space challenged and seem to have to use two spaces to park, or park so close to the line only a motorcycle could use the next space.

to be continued.....
IP Logged

I watch from the wings at the play you are staging - while I'm sitting here doing nothing but aging.
~ George Harrison ~
Bumper
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
USA 

mrbumper2003  
View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Aug 14th, 2002, 1:40pm »

GO COGGY, GO!!  Rant ON!!

I swear, it's no wonder there is Road Rage out there!!
People can be so inconsiderate out on the highways these days!  I can relate to your post.

It's a sad commentary on the times we live in.  Everyone in a hurry, everyone worried about what effects the "ME".  The driver who obeys the traffic speed laws, slows to a stop when the light is yellow and ABOUT to turn red, keeps right EXCEPT to pass, (and on and on) is the exception these days rather than the rule!  There is way too much aggressive driving out on our highways these days and it usually takes something tragic for some to learn that.

That being said, I look forward to your future frustration revalations.   Angry

Anyone else got any pet peeves?
IP Logged

If U R reading these old posts, know that we were once a great, active cyber-community, but as in all things..Time moves on. This is now a Ghost Town.
BlankWillWin
ForumsNet Member
USA 

The Psychotic Predictor

Elladan915@yahoo.com  
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Aug 14th, 2002, 1:50pm »

on Aug 14th, 2002, 1:40pm, Bumper wrote:
GO COGGY, GO!!  Rant ON!!
Anyone else got any pet peeves?

Our cat, Tigger, views laundry baskets, (box-shaped containers filled with soft, shifting contents) as auxilary litter-boxes.  :steamed:  How's that for a pet peeve?  

Eric.
IP Logged

The Artist formerly known as Tina, Ethan, Neleh, Helen, Deena, Tijuana, & AmberWillWin.
LibertyBelle
ForumsNet Member

libertybelle28  
View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Aug 14th, 2002, 10:38pm »

LOL Eric. Put baloons in the laundry basket and shock the heck out of that naughty kitty.  Grin

K Bump, here's a few more hot buttons...

"Blockers" - People who pull into the intersection in a line of heavy traffic instead of waiting for the traffic ahead of them to clear. Light changes, traffic doesn't. Grrrr. These are the times I wish Suzie (my Isuzu) had a horn like a freight train and spikes on her front fender! I'm older. I have more insurance. :evilgrin:

"Idjuts" - People who have no idea how to use a 4 way stop when two cars arrive at the same time. Car to the right has right of way, Idjut, car to the right! Did they take the same test I did?  

"Freezers" - Those who get out into the intersection to make a left hand turn, then freeze when the light begins to change, thus blocking everyone. I saw that yesterday, lady almost got her butt knocked off! Finally a chance came and she scooted, against the light, nearly causing an oncoming car to crash. (Why don't we have a pulling your hair out smilie?  Wink )  
« Last Edit: Aug 14th, 2002, 10:42pm by LibertyBelle » IP Logged

I watch from the wings at the play you are staging - while I'm sitting here doing nothing but aging.
~ George Harrison ~
dobiew
ForumsNet Member

dobiew
View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Aug 15th, 2002, 7:05pm »

on Aug 14th, 2002, 10:38pm, LibertyBelle wrote:

"Idjuts" - People who have no idea how to use a 4 way stop when two cars arrive at the same time. Car to the right has right of way, Idjut, car to the right! Did they take the same test I did?  

oh coggy this is my number one pet peeve!! i swear noone in the state of Pa knows what to do when they hit 4 way stop signs! what really ticks me off is when the car is at the stop sign, and they see me coming and they are directing me through my stop sign!  :yikes: they actually want me to run the sign! unreal.. sheesh you were there first ding dong  just go!! :dizzy: i have never seen so many people at these signs become traffic directors.. they are pointing and telling you to go when.. ugh  :furious2:  whew! that felt better...
IP Logged
Bumper
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
USA 

mrbumper2003  
View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Aug 18th, 2002, 11:28pm »

Cog,
YOU have been thinking WAY TOO MUCH about those other drivers, LOL, grouping them and giving them names, but I like your style! :tup:

Now I have been doing a little thinking too.  How can we "good" drivers relieve our frustrations and at the same time, identify these nimrod drivers that take such delight in driving us literally crazy!?

My idea is to equip the front of our vehicles with PAINTBALL guns! Grin  Someone cut you off, blast their rear bumper with a couple rounds of paint.  SPLAT!!

Someone riding at 10mph below the speedlimit in the left lane and won't move over to the right? . . .SPLAT!  Give em a couple rainbow bursts on the ol' trunk.

Think of it this way, we would be doing ALL the other drivers out there on the roads a PUBLIC SERVICE!  Idiot drivers would be READILY IDENTIFIABLE!  
You see a car with a RAINBOW of colors splattered all across the rear of their car and you immediately KNOW to steer clear of them!

Hey, I'm telling you, This will work!!  OK, OK, maybe there might be a few bugs to work out first but like Wilber told Orville, "This damn thing will fly!" . . . .
All we gotta' do, see, is . . . . . . .
What?  Time for my meds already??  Oh, OK . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . nevermind. Wink
IP Logged

Roo94
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Aug 19th, 2002, 7:12am »

Sign me up Bumper!

My peeve today?  The guy who was zig zagging all over the road to pass people.  Doing about 85 in the left lane - I was behind him.  He goes around the corner, sees a cop and SLAMS on his breaks.  Came very close to causing a multi-car pile up.  I understand not wanting to get a ticket, but at this point it is too late to slow down - the cop already had him on radar and would stop him if he was going to stop him.
IP Logged
LibertyBelle
ForumsNet Member

libertybelle28  
View Profile

« Reply #10 on: Aug 19th, 2002, 8:34am »

Roo your post reminded me of something I see now and then... two or more drivers racing each other down the interstate, weaving in and out of lanes of traffic. Usually teens. They're death looking for a place to happen.

Bump, what a scathingly brilliant idea! I'd want a bullet proof car tho, for those shootouts at the O.K. parking lot LOL. Someone would be bound to actually be pissed off. Ah, the injustice of it all.  Grin
IP Logged

~ George Harrison ~
dobiew
ForumsNet Member

dobiew
View Profile

« Reply #11 on: Aug 19th, 2002, 9:15am »

on Aug 19th, 2002, 8:34am, LibertyBelle wrote:

Bump, what a scathingly brilliant idea! I'd want a bullet proof car tho, for those shootouts at the O.K. parking lot LOL. Someone would be bound to actually be pissed off. Ah, the injustice of it all.  Grin

i think bulletproof is a great idea! when my daughter took a trip to arlington va to visit her boyfriend she got lost.. she ended up in downtown DC and was going a bit slow so she could find a way out.. well some guy didn't like it and he laid on the horn.. popped the bird and then proceeded to follow her ( very closely) scared the heck out of my daughter :yikes: the guy followed her for quite some time.. she got out her cellphone and called me .. that is when he backed off.. maybe he thought she was calling the cops?  people are nuts out there.. and road rage a very real problem
IP Logged
LibertyBelle
ForumsNet Member

libertybelle28  
View Profile

« Reply #12 on: Aug 19th, 2002, 10:01am »

You're right Dobie, it is. People sometimes lay on the horn and shoot me birds just for slowing to turn into my own driveway! (We live on a busy street.) Several years back two housewives got into a road fight along I-65, near where I live. One pulled off on the exit ramp to a local mall, the other followed, got out of her car and shot the first one dead. Housewives!!! People with kids ya know. Young women. One of em dead and the other going to prison for life. I haven't quite gotten over that yet. Amazing.

I may use a forum like this to vent frustration, and joke about having paint ball ejectors or spikes on my front bumper, but I'm very careful and keep my cool for the most part LOL. I figure if people are in such a damn all-fired hurry, let em go!
IP Logged

~ George Harrison ~
Bumper
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
USA 

mrbumper2003  
View Profile

« Reply #13 on: Aug 21st, 2002, 7:36pm »

on Aug 19th, 2002, 10:01am, LibertyBelle wrote:

I may use a forum like this to vent frustration, and joke about having paint ball ejectors or spikes on my front bumper, !

Joke??   :yikes:  Uh, Coggy, does this mean I can't count on your order for the 10,000 paint ball pellets??  I was gonna' buy em in bulk and split the order with you. Grin

Oh well, back to the course :golf:
IP Logged

LibertyBelle
ForumsNet Member

libertybelle28  
View Profile

« Reply #14 on: Aug 22nd, 2002, 8:54am »

Shhhhhh Bump.  Lips Sealed  Not so loud. Wink
IP Logged

~ George Harrison ~
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.