Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 20th, 2024, 4:13am

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Renovation Resue! »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Community
   The Grapevine
(Moderators: Heather, Bumper, Isle_be_back)
   Renovation Resue!
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Renovation Resue!  (Read 766 times)
bec
ForumsNet Member

I'm a pathetically happy person!

View Profile

Renovation Resue!
« on: May 4th, 2005, 12:09am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

The time has come for my hubby  and myself to begin further renovations on our house.

We will be adding on  a couple of bedrooms and an extra bathroom. We'll also being re doing our ensuite and the main bathroom.

The question is.........should we remain living in the house whilst the work is being done or move out for a few months and allow things to get completed without the tradesmen worrying about us being there?

Now with a baby in the house I know for safety reasons and peace of mind I don't want to be here whilst all the work is going on! I also don't want to have to go through all the stress and drama of packing up and moving only to move back in a few months!!!

Adam doesn't mind either way but mind you he'll be at work when all the tradesmen are here during the day so when he comes home at night they'll all be gone and he wont have to worry about them too much!

What you do you guys think?
IP Logged
Colleen
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

Proud to be Canadian!

View Profile

Re: Renovation Resue!
« Reply #1 on: May 4th, 2005, 12:26am »

Move!  If it was just a bathroom then maybe stay, but there is going to be alot of work and alot of traffic going through your house.  You wont have any privacy and how will the baby nap, drill here, bang here, oh my the baby will never sleep.  I know how hard it is to move, I seem to move every year, its nuts.  I think in the long run you will be happy in a much quiter place.
IP Logged
luci
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: May 4th, 2005, 8:58am »

Oh Hon, I would be outta there in a flash, but this is me!
Do what is best for you and your family, especiallly YOU.
IP Logged

"A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and
can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."
Pocket
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: May 4th, 2005, 9:30am »

Even minor renovations are disruptive.  Not only would it be noisy for a baby in the house, it gets very dusty in a constuction area....not good for anyone, much less a baby.  Besides that, if you stayed, you'd have to do it in stages just to have a place to sleep.   That would require lots of planning, if it's even possible, and might slow things down, as well.

IP Logged
bec
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: May 4th, 2005, 10:47am »

I'm all for moving really....that way everything can be done all in one go instead of stages as you say pocket. If we move out all the renos would probably be complete within 3 months.....depending on weather.....if we were to stay it could take 6 to 8 months!!!!!

It's just the hassle of moving and all the stress that goes along with that....we need to make a decision quick smart too as we have another house which we rent out and rather than us paying rent somewhere else we thought we could move into our other house.....we just need to give our tenants ample notice!

A decision should be made by the end of the week.
IP Logged
Bumper
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
USA 

A Virginia Member of  the RED SOX Nation

mrbumper2003  
View Profile

« Reply #5 on: May 4th, 2005, 9:41pm »

Maybe I'm missing something, but what is a RESUE?
IP Logged

If U R reading these old posts, know that we were once a great, active cyber-community, but as in all things..Time moves on. This is now a Ghost Town.
bec
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: May 4th, 2005, 10:02pm »

sorry bumper....I meant RESCUE!.......I didn't even notice that until you just pointed it out!...that's what I get for typing these things at ungodly hours of the morning!!!!
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.