Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 23rd, 2024, 11:01pm

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « LOST, ABC's new Fall Show »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Other Television Shows
   Lost
(Moderators: yesteach, Isle_be_back)
   LOST, ABC's new Fall Show
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: all 1 ... 9 10 11  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: LOST, ABC's new Fall Show  (Read 13041 times)
bunnielou
ForumsNet Member
USA 

I'm older now but still running against the wind.

View Profile

Re: LOST, ABC's new Fall Show
« Reply #150 on: Mar 25th, 2005, 10:19am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Yes, Luci.  The latest info confirms that next week IS a new show! Cool
IP Logged

That God, which ever lives and loves,
One God, one law, one element,
And one far-off divine event,
To which the whole creation moves.

Tennyson
Boradamer
ForumsNet Member
USA 

"I wonder if I should do a comb over?"

jwpritts  
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #151 on: Mar 25th, 2005, 11:18am »

Booyah! Wednesdays are looking up again.   Grin
IP Logged
Mango Tango
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #152 on: Mar 26th, 2005, 7:43am »

i can't wait for Lost next week!!!!   I'm so excited, i saw the preview and a plane goes by Locke's head!

IP Logged
tattooedbeauty
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Happy Thanksgiving.

View Profile Email

« Reply #153 on: Mar 28th, 2005, 4:56pm »

It is a new show this week. THANK GOD it is about time. I have seem more repeats than new episodes. I know its a new show but we only see about 12-16 per year. That is just not enough.
IP Logged

Happy Autumn.

Survivor China Winner- Todd.

AR winner- Rachel & TK

yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #154 on: Mar 31st, 2005, 4:58pm »

Only one more episode to go this season.. Sad  

Ok, somewhere I read something about a force field on the island (speculation), and after last night am wondering if that could be the case... seemed the further out away from camp Locke got, the worse his legs got... like being at the camp is what caused him to no longer need the wheel chair....  

Also, speculation wise.. the fact that it ended with Locke sitting in the car pounding the steering wheel in frustration made me wonder if the accident that put him in the wheel chair has something to do with this, maybe an automobile accident because he's so upset...??  

All in all, a fairly decent episode.. and next week - the baby comes Cool Cool Cool

TV Trivia moment: Dad was Kevin Tighe from Adam-12 fame..  

IP Logged

There are only 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary, and those who don't.
amazingracelover
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

TAR All-Stars is on!!!

claude_24hrs  
View Profile WWW

« Reply #155 on: Apr 6th, 2005, 4:29am »

For Southeast Asian viewers, Lost will be seen every Thursday at 9:00 pm on AXN .
« Last Edit: Apr 6th, 2005, 4:30am by amazingracelover » IP Logged
bunnielou
ForumsNet Member
USA 

I'm older now but still running against the wind.

View Profile

« Reply #156 on: Apr 7th, 2005, 10:09am »

Regarding last night's episode....SE Asian viewers, don't read further if you don't want to know.
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
I can't believe that Boone died!  Don't get me wrong.... I knew that one of the main characters was going to die.  I just thought they'd throw a twist in and not take out the obvious character.  (Plus, I'm going to miss those beautiful blue eyes!)
IP Logged

That God, which ever lives and loves,
One God, one law, one element,
And one far-off divine event,
To which the whole creation moves.

Tennyson
luci
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #157 on: Apr 7th, 2005, 10:23am »

Yes, Boone will be missed.  Maybe we'll see him next fall in a lead role somewhere in TV Land!

LOST needs to find themselves and pick it up a pace or three or it is going to start loosing viewers.  The two of us for two!

It became boring and slow.  We like stories that move a bit faster and stay with the story.  This one went back WAY too much.  I know, I know, so we would know their lives before the crash.  Now it's time to get with it with this show or others may loose interest also!

We'll give it a try next season for one or two shows, but will not stay with it if it drags as it has this past one.
IP Logged

"A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and
can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."
Boradamer
ForumsNet Member
USA 

"I wonder if I should do a comb over?"

jwpritts  
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #158 on: Apr 7th, 2005, 3:11pm »

My wife is with you Luci. She said she is bored with it and has stopped watching.

I still like it but I can see where you are coming from. You have to wonder how a pregnant woman escaped and made it back to them (maybe it will be filled in later but for now it is just a huge plot hole).

I liked Boone but I think he was probably the most expendable of the main characters.

I really expected Jack to tell his bride he could not go through with the wedding. Good to see him happy at one point in his life. Makes you wonder if this was before he ratted out his Dad and they fell apart or if it was after it and his Dad showed up. Personally I think it was before that whole mess.

Next week will be the last new episode for a loooong time. Hopefully they give us something to tide us over until it picks up again. Maybe they will make it a Summer series so we don't have to wait until the Fall.
IP Logged
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

29289456 29289456   rhune_1971   Rhune1971
View Profile Email

« Reply #159 on: Apr 8th, 2005, 12:00am »

'Lost' Writer Tells All ... or Not
(Thursday, April 07 06:02 PM)
By Kate O'Hare  

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) "What else can I tell you that I can't tell you?" says Javier Grillo-Marxuach, a writer/supervising producer on ABC's "Lost." "That should be the motto for all interviews about 'Lost.'"

For weeks, fans speculated on which of the hit castaway drama's large cast of characters - survivors of the doomed Oceanic Airlines Flight 815, which crashed on a deserted island -- would die, as hinted at by series creators J.J. Abrams ("Alias") and Damon Lindelof.

In the Wednesday, April 6 episode, the unlucky soul turned out to be rich-boy Boone (Ian Somerhalder), who succumbed to injuries sustained when the crashed light airplane he was exploring slipped off a cliff edge. Boone and fellow castaway Locke (Terry O'Quinn), a former paraplegic turned island mystic, found the plane, loaded with heroin-stuffed Virgin Mary statues, while following Locke's visions through the jungle.

In an e-mail on April 7, Grillo-Marxuach quips, "He's dead? I better start watching that show. We established Boone as Locke's mentee for the very specific story reason of showing Locke as a character who has the capacity to attract others to his peculiar vision of the island. When the time came to test that vision, killing Locke's newfound 'son' figure was a natural place to go. Now Locke is going to have to deal with the consequences of following his vision and how that brings him into a mano-a-mano conflict with Jack over leadership of the island."

Jack (Matthew Fox) is a surgeon who has become the survivors' unofficial leader. His fury over losing Boone, and his realization that Locke lied about how Boone was injured, sent him into the jungle declaring that he would talk to Locke about the "murder" of Boone.

This plot twist also means that Ian Somerhalder is out of a job on the hottest new show of the year -- although industry trades report he has signed a one-year talent holding deal with ABC and Touchstone Television for a possible series next year.

"It's a terrible thing," writes Grillo-Marxuach, "when you have to part ways with an actor you like, who brings his A-game to the show and has given you really fantastic performances. But when you are doing a show like 'Lost,' which demands that you constantly remind the audience of the life-or-death nature of the characters' predicament while crafting a long-term epic narrative, you sadly have to kill people from time to time.

"Boone's death serves a long-term dramatic purpose, and we are lucky to have had Ian Somerhalder bring that character to life and, ultimately, give him a memorable send-off that will continue to pay off through the length of the season."

In an interview conducted over lunch on March 30, Grillo-Marxuach admits that the passengers did indeed cross paths before getting on the plane, but he will "neither confirm nor deny" that the crash was not exactly accidental.

"But the fact that everybody met each other before is something we're really threading into it," he says. It's the eternal question posed by Echo & the Bunnymen, it's fate up against the will. But as long as people ask those questions, we're very happy over at 'Lost' labs. That's what I call it."

With his last series, "Jake 2.0," having been axed just before Abrams and Lindelof hired their writing staff, Grillo-Marxuach came in very early in the process in the spring of 2004. He says he and fellow writers Paul Dini, Jennifer Johnson and Christian Taylor, were sent off to start fleshing out the characters.

Grillo-Marxuach recalls, "Damon would come in and say, 'Draw three names out of a hat, and that's going to be your character for the next three weeks. You have to develop their backstory.' So we would go create something for the characters, bring it back to the room and workshop the ideas with Damon and J.J. A lot of the backstories actually developed out of those sessions.

"Jack's backstory pretty much survived intact from what we first talked about in there. Hurley's changed a little bit. Sawyer's is very similar. Sun and Jin were born out of an idea that J.J. pitched and we developed. So a lot of the long-running strands of the show were born during those six weeks."

On "Alias," many fans track Abrams' use of the number 47, which recurs in the episodes. On "Lost," it's a different equation.

The number to watch on 'Lost' is not 47, it's 23," Grillo-Marxuach says. "Oh, yeah, and we've got 815, but 23 is also a very important number in the mythology of 'Lost.'"

During the whirlwind casting, many things changed, including rock-star Charlie morphing from middle-aged to mid-20s when Dominic Monaghan was hired. Sometimes, though, casting didn't change the character. That's the case with Vincent, the golden Labrador retriever belonging to boy Walt (Malcolm David Kelley).

"The dog's a girl," says Grillo-Marxuach. "I think that's probably the best-kept secret of 'Lost.' Lassie was a boy, and we're following in the great tradition of canine transgendering in television."

While Lassie's long coat hid the fact that she was a he, it's a bit harder to conceal what a dog has -- or doesn't have -- if it has a short coat.

"Yes," Grillo-Marxuach says, "and yet somehow we've managed."  

Other mysteries include the polar bear from the pilot (explained, more or less, as a manifestation of Walt's powerful imagination), the unseen horror that tramps through the jungle, occasional appearances by the island's other human residents, and the buried hatch found by Locke, which appears lit from within.

"Everything is going to have a rational explanation and a sci-fi explanation," Grillo-Marxuach says, "until we decide to tell you exactly what that is. That's what's going to help us walk that tightrope for however many years the show has.

"The show will end when we tell you what the island is. On the day we say, 'The island is on the back of a cosmic turtle,' then you'll say, 'OK, done with that.'"
IP Logged
Heather
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Yami+Setsu
View Profile Email

« Reply #160 on: Apr 8th, 2005, 10:10pm »

I just wanted to say that I've never seen the show but one of my best friends is always talking about how good it is!  Cheesy

And now it has it's own forum.
IP Logged

http://www.tengaged.com/user/supergoten
^please click this link as often as you want, give me free money on tengaged Cheesy
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

29289456 29289456   rhune_1971   Rhune1971
View Profile Email

« Reply #161 on: Apr 8th, 2005, 11:04pm »

I figure after 11 pages of replies it deserves it's own section. Wink
IP Logged
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #162 on: Apr 9th, 2005, 4:06pm »

No way I'm getting bored... I'm totally obsessed, not only do I watch it, but I record it and watch it over and over looking for clues I missed the first time.. it's like this giant mystery that I'm determined to solve before they tell me what it is... one of the best shows on television, and the BEST for making you think!
IP Logged

There are only 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Syd a.k.a Hayden
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

Sydney Bristow

View Profile WWW

« Reply #163 on: Apr 9th, 2005, 7:34pm »

wow seriously you record it and watch it again?  

i love lost but i dont record it, its not that interesting im a big reality freak, so i like some normal tv shows but mostly reality  Cool

my two fav characters by far... jack and kate  TongueTongueTongue i wasn't a really big boone fan so i wasn't crying or anything like that.. lost is kinda boring me a littl ei dont know why its just not all that interesting anymore
IP Logged

*Thank you AliasLedger -- you're the best*
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #164 on: Apr 10th, 2005, 5:39pm »

on Apr 9th, 2005, 7:34pm, Hayden wrote:
[glow=red,2,300]wow seriously you record it and watch it again?  

Yep, I started recording them and replaying them about 5 weeks into it.. wish I had them all on video.  The whole show is like a giant puzzle - there are clues and messages in every little nuance of the show.  And now, there are starting to be links between the characters - like Locke working at Hurley's box factory, and Sawyer meeting Jack's dad before he died and talking about Jack.  There is some significance to the series of numbers, just no one seems to be able to figure that one out yet.  And even the writers and producers have said that there is hidden meaning in the names of all the characters... I LOVE it... and the whispers... if you listen, you can hear them in places - the ones Sayid heard in the woods.  Sawyer heard them also, and there were some in the Hurley/Lotto episode.  I am totally obsessed with this show.
IP Logged

Pages: all 1 ... 9 10 11  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.