Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 19th, 2024, 11:52am

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « LOST, ABC's new Fall Show »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Other Television Shows
   Lost
(Moderators: yesteach, Isle_be_back)
   LOST, ABC's new Fall Show
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: all 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8  ...  11 Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: LOST, ABC's new Fall Show  (Read 13035 times)
bunnielou
ForumsNet Member
USA 

I'm older now but still running against the wind.

View Profile

Re: LOST, ABC's new Fall Show
« Reply #75 on: Jan 21st, 2005, 9:55am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Just putting this out there...

Don't you think it's odd that:

1. They haven't explored the island yet?
2. They didn't make more of an effort to rescue Claire?
3. They didn't go in search of Danielle when Sayid returned?

For the most part, the crash survivors seems to be suffering from ambivalence or, more to the point, a languid attitude toward their situation.  Case in point, when Charlie had Claire's diary and he walked into the jungle with Kate, they sat down and Charlie seemed profoundly sad.  Kate just patted him and said that Claire would return some day (or something like that).

I found that little scene very telling and disturbing.  Danielle had told Sayid of a sickness that befell her crew.  I'm wondering if these people are suffering from this same sickness.
IP Logged

That God, which ever lives and loves,
One God, one law, one element,
And one far-off divine event,
To which the whole creation moves.

Tennyson
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

29289456 29289456   rhune_1971   Rhune1971
View Profile Email

« Reply #76 on: Jan 21st, 2005, 4:00pm »

Well, each episode is only supposed to have represented a day or two in their lives, not a week, etc. so really since the time they crashed, very little time has passed.  I think most of them may still be in shock or not ready to fully accept what happened and dig in, which is frustrating to those few that are ready to dig in.  I think we'll see more organization amongst them as the series moves along.
IP Logged
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #77 on: Jan 21st, 2005, 10:50pm »

Each episode is supposed to be a day - and there have been 14 episodes, so they've been there a whole two weeks at this point, if that's the case:

Episode/Day 1 - they crashed and went in search of the pilot
Episode/Day 2 - the party of four (Sayid, Kate, Boone and Shannon) go exploring and hear the transmission and kill the first "polar bear"  
Episode/Day 3 - They go through the remains of the plane, and we learn about Kate's background and Sawyer shoots the marshall who had Kate.
Episode/Day 4 - We learn about Locke and his wheelchair and he kills the first boar.
Episode/Day 5 -  Jack chases the hallucination of his father thru the woods, and discovers the caves with the stream.  
Episode/Day 6 - Jin goes after Michael over the watch, and we learn about Jin and Sun's background and that Sun can speak English, some move to the caves.
Episode/Day 7 - Charlie kicks his heroin habit and Jack gets caught in a cave in
Episode/Day 8 - Jack and Sayid torture Sawyer to get asthma meds he doesn't even have.
Episode/Day 9 - Sayid, in his guilt over torturing Sawyer, takes off to explore and gets whacked on the head and kidnapped by the French woman and Hurley builds a golf course. (This is also the first time Ethan's character shows up, as best I recall).
Episode/Day 10 -  Claire's dreams, Hurley's list of survivors and Ethan kidnaps Claire and Charlie.
Episode/Day 11 - Everyone goes searching for Claire and Charlie,  Sawyer and Sayid discuss his trip to the jungle, and they find Charlie hanging from the tree.
Episode/Day 12 - Kate and Sawyer go swimming and find the briefcase with the toy airplane in it.
Episode/Day 13 - Boone's "hallucination" and Shannon has the hots for Sayid.
Episode/Day 14 - We learn more about Walt and Michael and find out Walt is "special" and Claire wanders out of the woods.

So when you look at it that way - a heck of a lot has happened in two weeks.  They have explored a bit (day 2) and Jack "explored" (sort of) when he followed his "father" and found the caves and Sayid and Locke have sort of explored by wandering about.  They did look for Claire the first day, and found Charlie (who they had to take back and nurse), it's only been like three days, and Locke and Boone have been out in the woods every day, they could have been looking for her.

As for Danielle, Sayid came back the day they went looking for Claire and found Charlie, so again, it's only been like three days since he got back, and with all the Claire/Charlie stuff, why would they waste time going looking for Danielle when they still need to find Claire - at least Danielle isn't in danger.

Smiley
IP Logged

There are only 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary, and those who don't.
bunnielou
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #78 on: Jan 22nd, 2005, 10:36am »

Yes - Wow!  I LOVE your documentation of events by day/eppy.  Great job!  Mind if I share it in another forum that I also do Lost discussion in?

You raise a good point regarding the number of days that has passed.  But I am still a little frustrated by the lack of progress.  Maybe it's just me, but my survival mode would have kicked in immediately.  My first thought would be "I wonder if there's a Marriott or Hyatt on the other side of this island?"
IP Logged

Tennyson
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #79 on: Jan 22nd, 2005, 12:37pm »

Yeah, I'd have to do some exploring too, looking for that hotel, etc.  On the other hand the french woman's transmission indicates there is not a Hyatt on the other side of the island.  So, I would want it to be well organized, a good group going.  There's not a chance I'd want to explore the other side of the island without Locke and Sayid. Wink
IP Logged
luci
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #80 on: Jan 22nd, 2005, 4:48pm »

AW, but I would go with Sawyer in a heartbeat  Wink
IP Logged

"A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and
can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #81 on: Jan 22nd, 2005, 6:00pm »

on Jan 22nd, 2005, 10:36am, bunnielou wrote:
Yes - Wow!  I LOVE your documentation of events by day/eppy.  Great job!  Mind if I share it in another forum that I also do Lost discussion in?

You raise a good point regarding the number of days that has passed.  But I am still a little frustrated by the lack of progress.  Maybe it's just me, but my survival mode would have kicked in immediately.  My first thought would be "I wonder if there's a Marriott or Hyatt on the other side of this island?"

Don't mind at all.   As for exploring, I'm with Rhune - would definitely want Sayid or Boone with me when I go.   Better yet, they can go explore and find the Hyatt - I'll just chill in the caves and wait til they come back... Smiley
IP Logged

There are only 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #82 on: Jan 22nd, 2005, 6:59pm »

Boone is ok to look at, but for pure survival I'd want Locke.
IP Logged
bunnielou
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #83 on: Jan 23rd, 2005, 10:42am »

Me likey this topic!!! Smiley

My perfect exploration team would be Sayid, Locke, Kate and Michael. Wink

Now if it were to be just me and one other person, ...oh baby... it would most definitely be Sayid! Kiss

Yes - thanks for letting me borrow your eppy research.  You're a sweetheart!!!!
« Last Edit: Jan 23rd, 2005, 10:44am by bunnielou » IP Logged

Tennyson
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #84 on: Jan 23rd, 2005, 5:20pm »

Search team - I'd definitely want Sayid and Boone.  However, if I"m gonna get lost in the woods, I'll take the Hobbit   Tongue Tongue
IP Logged

mikey713
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #85 on: Jan 24th, 2005, 6:01pm »

I think this is the best tv show of this season!  The only ep that I really didn't like as well as the others was wednesday's ep of Walt and Michael.  It is only because I don't like Michael.  I really don't like the character of Locke either, I am talkin about trusting him.  He seems to play both good and evil.
IP Logged

Michael
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #86 on: Jan 24th, 2005, 6:56pm »

Locke has a darkness to him, but he's also the hero in many ways.  I like that each time they make you think he's a bad guy they bring it back around again.
IP Logged
bunnielou
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #87 on: Jan 25th, 2005, 9:09am »

Heh, Yes - Did you know that in real life Dom (Charlie/the Hobbit) and Evangeline (Kate) are an item?  They are the new "It" couple!

Mikey/Rhune - I agree that Locke is an enigma.  I think we need to know what happened in his past, before he became handicapped.  We know that he had been in a wheelchair for four years and worked in a deadend office job.  Hopefully they will share more about Locke before the season ends so we can get some answers about his character and purpose.
IP Logged

Tennyson
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #88 on: Jan 25th, 2005, 10:14pm »

Ok, according to TV Guide, Claire is still "very pregnant".
IP Logged
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #89 on: Jan 25th, 2005, 10:50pm »

on Jan 25th, 2005, 9:09am, bunnielou wrote:
Heh, Yes - Did you know that in real life Dom (Charlie/the Hobbit) and Evangeline (Kate) are an item?  They are the new "It" couple!

:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:  He deserves so much better... like me.. lol. (then again, I have my own little English hobbit,  Tongue)
IP Logged

Pages: all 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8  ...  11 Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.