Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 20th, 2024, 5:06am

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Confirmed Dead (February 7) »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Other Television Shows
   Lost
(Moderators: yesteach, Isle_be_back)
   Confirmed Dead (February 7)
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: all 1 2  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Confirmed Dead (February 7)  (Read 4093 times)
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

Confirmed Dead (February 7)
« on: Jan 20th, 2008, 10:53pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

The survivors begin to question the intentions of their supposed rescuers when four strangers arrive on the island. Guest starring are Ken Leung as Miles, Jeremy Davies as Daniel Faraday, Rebecca Mader as Charlotte, Jeff Fahey as Frank Lapidus, Mira Furlan as Danielle Rousseau, Tania Raymonde as Alex, Blake Bashoff as Karl, Marsha Thomason as Naomi, Lance Reddick as Matthew Abaddon, Jill Kuramoto as female anchor, Necar Zadegan as translator, Azure McCall as Mrs. Gardner and Kanayo Chiemelu as African/Tunisian man. Source: ABC
IP Logged

There are only 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary, and those who don't.
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

Re: Confirmed Dead (February 7)
« Reply #1 on: Feb 3rd, 2008, 7:36pm »

Promotional Photos
http://gallery.lost-media.com/thumbnails-1351.html
IP Logged

There are only 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary, and those who don't.
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Feb 8th, 2008, 7:07pm »

OMG.. I loved this episode...  

First the Freighties - I think Miles (Ghostbuster) is there to figure out Jacob and the Whispers; Charlotte (C.S. Lewis) is there to study the ancient societies (and the four toed statue); Daniel is there for the electromagnetism and whatever it was he sees in the "strange light"; and quite honestly - I think Lapidus is there so they can kill him off.  As for Naomi and Mr. Abbadon... holy crap.. I was SHOCKED when I saw Abbadon was the head of the mission...  

As for Lapidus, I think when he called and told them that wasn't the captain, they realized that someone knew they had faked the wreckage and they had to get rid of him... since they were on this mission, for whatever reason (have theories about that also), I think they told him they thought they had found the real wreckage and needed a pilot and he went along.  His name is not listed in the credits with the "regulars" as the others are.. so I have a bad feeling he may not ever leave that island.. and neither will his "that's not the real pilot" story!

I laughed out loud at some of the lines with Ben "If you're gonna sleep with my daughter, Karl, I must insist that you call me Ben." and that look on his and Locke's faces when Hurley told them the cabin was the other way... maybe Hurley's the special one, not Locke??

Either way.. it's getting good.. and next week is a Sayid flash, and anytime I get to look at Naveen for an hour is a good show! Smiley

Also, with the writers' strike almost resolved, word is, we may be getting all 16 episodes!! WOOHOOO
IP Logged

Im_Lost
ForumsNet Member
USA 

trapsteryadig
View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Feb 9th, 2008, 10:03am »

well idk if the 3 freighties would kill lapidus b/c how would they get bak to the ship w/ no pilot
IP Logged
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Feb 9th, 2008, 1:31pm »

maybe one of them can fly it?  We have no idea yet what any of the other three can do... I mean, my brother is in college and delivers pizzas for Pizza Hut, but he's also a licensed pilot... who'd think the guy delivering your pizza was a pilot?
IP Logged

Im_Lost
ForumsNet Member
USA 

trapsteryadig
View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Feb 9th, 2008, 7:40pm »

true, and the guy naomi said that he also was a drunk so you do have no idea, but isnt the reason why they brought him was b/c he was a pilot
IP Logged
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Feb 10th, 2008, 4:28pm »

They could have gotten any pilot... I really think they brought him to kill him off once they got there.. or go off and leave him there... either way, I don't think he had a "round trip ticket!"
IP Logged

JP
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

Ditch IE. Use Firefox.

293041687 293041687     jezzieflanigan
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Feb 11th, 2008, 10:43am »

I loved this episode as well. So is that what we call the 4 people, The Freighties? And it's bizarre! They saw in the news that the wreckage was found and there were no survivors, and that lawyer (Abbadon?) told Naomi "there are no survivors" which sounded like "if there are, kill them". Why would they want them dead? And the 4 knows Ben, how?

Was Daniel's clip a flash forward or a flashback? He looked upset with the news of the Oceanic 815's wreckage being found. It's like after he's been there in the island and he knows the news is not true... or maybe he knows someone in that flight?

The polar bear and Dharma logo in the desert is definitely mind-boggling. I thought Charlie (that's what they called her, right?) died when she was shot (I wouldn't be surprised if they did kill her off immediately lol), good thing she didn't, I like her character.
« Last Edit: Feb 11th, 2008, 10:43am by JP » IP Logged
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Feb 11th, 2008, 8:56pm »

on Feb 11th, 2008, 10:43am, JP wrote:

Was Daniel's clip a flash forward or a flashback? He looked upset with the news of the Oceanic 815's wreckage being found. It's like after he's been there in the island and he knows the news is not true... or maybe he knows someone in that flight?

I think all four were flashbacks, I think he's just one of those empathetic people who picks up on emotions somehow.

Quote:

The polar bear and Dharma logo in the desert is definitely mind-boggling. I thought Charlie (that's what they called her, right?) died when she was shot (I wouldn't be surprised if they did kill her off immediately lol), good thing she didn't, I like her character.

Her name is Charlotte - Charlotte Staples Lewis (C.S. Lewis.. Smiley) I like her too...
« Last Edit: Feb 11th, 2008, 8:57pm by yesteach » IP Logged

wolverina
ForumsNet Member

No. Really.

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Feb 12th, 2008, 8:02pm »

on Feb 11th, 2008, 8:56pm, yesteach wrote:

I think all four were flashbacks, I think he's just one of those empathetic people who picks up on emotions somehow.

Her name is Charlotte - Charlotte Staples Lewis (C.S. Lewis.. Smiley) I like her too...

I agree with you about Daniel being an empath. He seemed to mirror the emotions of whomever he was around.

I think they each have a specialty that will be needed.

I'm curious as hell what they area going to do with The Lawnmower Man (Fahey).

IP Logged

No. Really.
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: Feb 13th, 2008, 12:30pm »

I think "lawnmower man" is there to get him out of the way.. his call to Oceanic saying that wasn't the real pilot may have them thinking he's on to them, and they need to "eliminate" the problem...  Kiss
IP Logged

Im_Lost
ForumsNet Member
USA 

trapsteryadig
View Profile

« Reply #11 on: Feb 13th, 2008, 3:33pm »

so they just brought him their so they can be able to get to the island and then just kill him?
IP Logged
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: Feb 13th, 2008, 9:13pm »

that's what I'm thinking... then again, who knows what might happen.??
IP Logged

wolverina
ForumsNet Member

No. Really.

View Profile

« Reply #13 on: Feb 15th, 2008, 3:01pm »

Undecided

Riddle me this, then.

How / why did he get banged up?

Where did his injuries come from?

Something is bogus about him. But I just can't put my finger on it.
IP Logged

No. Really.
Im_Lost
ForumsNet Member
USA 

trapsteryadig
View Profile

« Reply #14 on: Feb 15th, 2008, 5:48pm »

well when he was coming down in the helicopter it was a rough ride nd he might have hit his head on the controls or something
IP Logged
Pages: all 1 2  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.