Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 20th, 2024, 3:46am

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Octagon Global Recruiting »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Other Television Shows
   Lost
(Moderators: yesteach, Isle_be_back)
   Octagon Global Recruiting
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Octagon Global Recruiting  (Read 1228 times)
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

Octagon Global Recruiting
« on: Jun 20th, 2008, 5:50pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

First advertised in the finale of this season - apparently Octagon Global Recruiting is going to be what keeps us from losing interest until LOST is back this winter...  

If you are interested in playing along - go to www.octagonglobalrecruiting.com and sign up.  All you have to do is register your email.  I got my "recruitment letter" today.  I'll post it and what information I have...
IP Logged

There are only 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary, and those who don't.
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

The Text of the Letter
« Reply #1 on: Jun 20th, 2008, 5:54pm »

From: Octagon Global Recruiting - Recruitment Information
Quote:
Octagon Global Recruiting, on behalf of the Dharma Initiative, would like to thank you for registering your expression of interest in our latest volunteer recruitment drive.

We will be launching in San Diego on July 24th at Comic-Con International offering select registrants the opportunity to take an exciting aptitude test that will give applicants the chance to demonstrate their unique talents.

The Dharma Initiative hopes you will be able to join us to find out more about their ground-breaking new research project. We will contact you closer to the date with more information.

For those not able to join us in San Diego, Dharma's full recruitment program will be made available online to registered recruits after July 27th.

In the meantime, the Dharma Initiative urges you to spread the word. Invite your colleagues to join the team at www.octagonglobalrecruiting.com and take part in this once in a lifetime opportunity.

If you can't view the images in this email please click here

THIS IS AN OFFICIAL COMMUNICATION OF THE DHARMA INITIATIVE:
This message and its attachments are confidential and may contain information which is protected by copyright. It is intended solely for the named addressee. If you are not the authorised recipient (or responsible for delivery of the message to the authorised recipient), you must not use, disclose, print, copy or deliver this message or its attachments to anyone. If you receive this email in error, please contact the sender immediately and permanently delete this message and its attachments from your system. Any content of this message and its attachments that does not relate to the official business of the Dharma Initiative or its subsidiaries must be taken not to have been sent or endorsed by any of them. No representation is made that this email or its attachments are without defect or that the contents express views other than those of the sender.

Here's a link to the email if you want to see the "real deal"
http://www.octagonglobalrecruiting.com/site/emails/0618.html
« Last Edit: Jun 20th, 2008, 5:57pm by yesteach » IP Logged

There are only 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary, and those who don't.
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

Re: Octagon Global Recruiting
« Reply #2 on: Jun 20th, 2008, 6:02pm »

OK.. once you get to the email page - if you check the source code you find this:

Quote:
<meta name="Alert" content="March has 32 days" />

Google "March Has 32 Days" and you find that it's a story in the comic book, Mystery Tales #40 (the one Richard showed young Locke).

Intrigued?  If so, you can view the comic book and it's content here:
http://www.mysterytales40.com/

Thanks to a some LOST addicts who were willing to hunt down a copy of the comic book (and I read somewhere they paid over $400.00 for a copy of it...)
IP Logged

yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Jul 24th, 2008, 11:25am »

There's a new email. I'll post it when I get home.. but it links to a new website www.dharmawantsyou.com which says coming soon - supposedly will be next week... July 28.. during comic con
IP Logged

Insane 4 Survivor
ForumsNet Member
USA 

My New Home

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Sep 14th, 2008, 11:24am »

Anyone else following this? I have completed the first 4 tests. Am anxious to see how this moves along .....
IP Logged

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."
Frank Sinatra
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Sep 15th, 2008, 9:46pm »

Now that I have decent internet.. I need to go finish tests three and four.. I did one and two last week...
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.