Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 19th, 2024, 1:57am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Metropolis Reality Forums « The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus »

Hot Movie News and Reviews at Entertainment Spectrum!
www.EntertainmentSpectrum.com
   Metropolis Reality Forums
   Off-Topic Forums
   Movie Discussion
(Moderators: Heather, yesteach, Isle_be_back)
   The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus  (Read 2383 times)
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

29289456 29289456   rhune_1971   Rhune1971
View Profile Email

The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus
« on: Aug 23rd, 2009, 6:22pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I'm excited to see this film, the trailer looks amazing.  This is the film Heath Ledger was working on when he died and Johnny Depp, Jude Law and Colin Farrell all pitched in to finish his role. All three then donated their paychecks to Heath's daughter, which for me makes this a film really worth supporting.  The movie is one of those where the actors were able to play the same role, and you can see from the trailer they really all look similar enough.  Anyway, out October 16th.

The Trailer:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXv9Kgb59xM&feature=related
IP Logged
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

Re: The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus
« Reply #1 on: Aug 26th, 2009, 7:46pm »

I agree... can't wait to see this one!  It reminds me of one of my OLD favorites - The Seven Faces of Dr. Lao (with Tony Randle).  It's a great old movie if you've never seen it.. check it out on NetFlix Smiley
« Last Edit: Aug 26th, 2009, 7:49pm by yesteach » IP Logged

There are only 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary, and those who don't.
JP
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

Ditch IE. Use Firefox.

293041687 293041687     jezzieflanigan
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Jul 7th, 2010, 8:47pm »

I saw the movie with friends. We were all confused by the end of the movie. I've seen it a second time and understood the story, but I didn't like it much.
IP Logged
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Jul 8th, 2010, 9:22pm »

My daughter is picking up a copy tonight for us to watch tomorrow...
IP Logged

There are only 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: Jul 12th, 2010, 2:14am »

It was very odd, and there were definitely parts I didn't quite "get". I understood what was going on, but it was still just kind of "hmmm....".
IP Logged
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Jul 16th, 2010, 7:46pm »

Well, I tried to watch it, and for some reason when I play video's on my TV, the sound drops down lower... and I can barely hear it... add to that the drunken accents in the beginning, I just gave up.  I'm going to get external speakers this weekend and try again before we take it back.LOL
IP Logged

JP
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

Ditch IE. Use Firefox.

293041687 293041687     jezzieflanigan
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Jul 17th, 2010, 10:20am »

About the drunken accents in the beginning... when we watched it on theater the movie had subtitles. I forgot if it was just in the beginning or all throughout, but I remember my friend and I wondering why it had subtitles when they were speaking English. Good thing there were subtitles though, because I understood what they were talking about.
IP Logged
Isle_be_back
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Jul 17th, 2010, 1:06pm »

on Jul 16th, 2010, 7:46pm, yesteach wrote:
Well, I tried to watch it, and for some reason when I play video's on my TV, the sound drops down lower... and I can barely hear it... add to that the drunken accents in the beginning, I just gave up.  I'm going to get external speakers this weekend and try again before we take it back.LOL

Do like I do.  I always put on the subtitles when I watch movies because my wife likes to ask questions and chat with anybody that happens to come by.  Don't know if it really helps though, because then I have to update her on what happened.  Lately we have just paused the movie so she can get up and go to the bathroom, make popcorn or do whatever.  Sometimes a 2 hour movie takes us 3 hours to watch it.   Tongue
IP Logged
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Aug 1st, 2010, 9:29am »

I took it to school with me and put it on the computer with my projector... grabbed lunch at the local bbq place and kicked  back to watch... it was pretty good... and I could HEAR it... LOL.
IP Logged

Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #9 on: Aug 1st, 2010, 12:44pm »

on Jul 17th, 2010, 1:06pm, ExIsle_be_back wrote:

Do like I do.  I always put on the subtitles when I watch movies because my wife likes to ask questions and chat with anybody that happens to come by.  Don't know if it really helps though, because then I have to update her on what happened.  Lately we have just paused the movie so she can get up and go to the bathroom, make popcorn or do whatever.  Sometimes a 2 hour movie takes us 3 hours to watch it.   Tongue

Boy does that sound familiar...only it's when we watch anything with my 8 year old.  LOL
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.