Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 10:14am

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « WB Fall Line-up »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Other Television Shows
   Other Television Shows
(Moderators: lakelady, yesteach, MediaScribe, Bumper, Isle_be_back)
   WB Fall Line-up
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: WB Fall Line-up  (Read 978 times)
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

29289456 29289456   rhune_1971   Rhune1971
View Profile Email

WB Fall Line-up
« on: May 15th, 2002, 1:39pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

The Frog's Fall Reshuffle  
by Bridget Byrne  
May 14, 2002, 1:45 PM PT  

The Frog is looking to be taken into the bosom of the family.  

The WB Network, while not completely kissing off the cute young things who made its name (it's bringing back the now post-college-age Dawson's Creek for a sixth season), tossed around the "f" word several times Tuesday during its annual upfront presentation in New York, when the networks reveal their new fall schedules.  

All told, the femme-friendly network announced six new shows and changes for every night, save Tuesdays' hit combo of Gilmore Girls and Smallville. In fact, the network is so high on Gilmore Girls that it's planning on rerunning the entire first season of the show on Sunday nights under the title Gilmore Girls: Beginnings. The Sunday Gilmore Girls encore will lead in to new time slots for Charmed and Angel, an attempt at an drama night where comedy has previously failed.  

To make room for the extensive overhaul, the little-watched Raising Dad and Maybe It's Me were axed as was Popstars, joining a bunch of other previously announced casualties like Felicity and The Steve Harvey Show.  

The new, family-centric fare features all sorts of broods: Everwood stars Treat Williams in a drama about a widowed dad and teens; Family Affair, a remake of the '60s CBS series, stars Gary Cole and Tim Curry in a sitcom about a single uncle, his campy butler and their teen and preteen charges; What I Like About You costars Amanda Bynes and Beverly Hills, 90210 alum Jennie Garth in a sisterly sitcom about an older sister caring for her teen sib; and Greetings from Tucson, a sitcom about a Mexican-American family with teens.  

The new shows look like variations on the network's returning hits--Gilmore Girls (drama about single mom and daughter), Reba (comedy about divorced mother and kids) and 7th Heaven (drama about minister and his many kids).  

Two other new shows capitalize on the current trends for comic-book heroes and nostalgia.  

Birds of Prey, produced by the Smallville team of Mike Tollin and Brian Robbins, is a twist on the DC Comics' Batgirl legend. It features a trio of crime-fighting cuties with special-effects talents (three's a Charmed!): a wheelchair-confined Batgirl, the Huntress (the daughter of Batman and Catwoman) and visionary stranger Dinah.  

The other new entry, Do Over, is a flashback sitcom in which the 34-year-old protagonist revisits his 1981 high-school days with the chance to, well, "do over" his mistakes.  

The network also previewed a midseason standby, The O'Keefes starring Judge Reinhold, which is--surprise!--a family comedy about home schooling versus high schooling.  

Gilmore Girls' Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel, Reba's Reba McEntire, Dawson's Creek's Joshua Jackson, 7th Heaven's Stephen Collins and Jamie Kennedy of the hidden-camera comedy JKX (which along with the second season sitcom Off Center has been moved to Thursdays) were among the established stars trotted out to hype or mock the sales pitch.  

Among the stars of new shows also introduced were Curry, who plays the British manservant Mr. French in Family Affair. Also strutting their stuff were Bynes, graduate of her own The Amanda Show on Nickelodeon, and Garth, the conflicted siblings sharing a New York apartment in What I Like About You--which will air Fridays as lead in to that other Nickelodeon grad Melissa Joan Hart's Sabrina, the Teenage Witch, still hanging in for a third transplanted season.  

Here's a night-by-night look at the WB's fall six-day prime-time schedule:  

SUNDAY: Gilmore Girls: Beginnings, Charmed, Angel  

MONDAY: 7th Heaven, Everwood  

TUESDAY: Gilmore Girls Smallville  

WEDNESDAY: Dawson's Creek, Birds of Prey  

THURSDAY: Family Affair, Do Over, JKX: The Jamie Kennedy Experiment, Off Center  

FRIDAY: What I Like About You, Sabrina, the Teenage Witch, Reba, Greetings from Tucson
IP Logged
east
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

sigh

48936621 48936621   eastendgirlbc   eastendgirlBC
View Profile

Re: WB Fall Line-up
« Reply #1 on: May 15th, 2002, 9:00pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

SUNDAY: Gilmore Girls: Beginnings, Charmed, Angel  

MONDAY: 7th Heaven, Everwood  

TUESDAY: Gilmore Girls Smallville  

WEDNESDAY: Dawson's Creek, Birds of Prey  

THURSDAY: Family Affair, Do Over, JKX: The Jamie Kennedy Experiment, Off Center  

FRIDAY: What I Like About You, Sabrina, the Teenage Witch, Reba, Greetings from Tucson

am i the only one who doesn't watch any of the returning shows?   Huh

i am a strange one, i admit.  i love law and order (all of them  Wink), csi, survivor, friends, sex and the city, 24, cold squad, outer limits...

7th heaven makes me want to vomit... Lips Sealed  what kind of xian am i?  wait, don't answer that!   Roll Eyes
IP Logged

read, study, reflect, write, read, study, reflect, spell check, write
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.