Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 29th, 2024, 1:44am

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « 4400 »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Other Television Shows
   Other Television Shows
(Moderators: lakelady, yesteach, MediaScribe, Bumper, Isle_be_back)
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: all 1 2  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 4400  (Read 3999 times)
Insane 4 Survivor
ForumsNet Member
USA 

My New Home

View Profile

« on: Jul 5th, 2005, 9:24am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Is anyone watching this? I taped the "marathon" on Saturday and am getting very caught up in this show!
IP Logged

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."
Frank Sinatra
Insane 4 Survivor
ForumsNet Member
USA 

My New Home

View Profile

Re: 4400
« Reply #1 on: Jul 5th, 2005, 9:24am »

Season 1

When a passing comet abruptly changes course and hurtles towards Earth, there is widespread panic and distress as people prepare for Armageddon. However, the comet does not crash: instead, it slows down, hovers, and eventually touches down on a lake in the Pacific Northwest. Finally, 4400 people emerge from a blinding white light, people from all different ages and walks of life who have been presumed dead or missing - and none aged even a day from when they were last seen. It's as if a giant time capsule full of people has been opened up, unaltered and untouched by time. Although not immediately evident, it soon becomes apparent that The 4400 have each been returned with a special power as they unwittingly begin to exhibit abilities including superhuman strength, healing touch, and clairvoyance. Eager to revisit memories from their past and reunite with those they left behind, two worlds collide as 4400 people acclimated to living in the past are forced to deal with the new challenges of living in the present.

A new federal division agency of Homeland Security called NTAC (National Threat Assessment Command) is formed to follow The 4400, lead by Tom Baldwin, a crime investigator, and Diana Skouris, a bio medic. Tom's involvement is personal: his nephew Shawn was one of the 4400 people abducted - and, if not for Shawn, his son Kyle would have been abducted instead.

Building their investigation case by case, Tom and Diana slowly begin to shed light on the mystery of the 4400. Finally, on the very beach where Shawn was abducted, they learn the truth about what happened: The 4400 were not abducted by aliens, but instead were taken by humans living hundreds of thousands of years in the future. Facing an end stage of human evolution and with a vested interest in the betterment of their predecessors, they have sent back The 4400 to play pivotal roles in upcoming events that will impact the future of mankind.
« Last Edit: Jul 5th, 2005, 9:25am by Insane 4 Survivor » IP Logged

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."
Frank Sinatra
Insane 4 Survivor
ForumsNet Member
USA 

My New Home

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Jul 5th, 2005, 9:25am »

Season 2  

One year after the events on the beach revealed the 4400 were taken and returned by future humans, the world is a much different place. After a period of intense medical observation, Tom has returned to NTAC in a limited capacity, assigned only to desk duty. He eventually secures his son's release from a similar government study and is excited by the prospect of returning to a somewhat normal life. However, professionally, he's also anxious to re-team with Diana and get back out in the field. Diana, having been through a series of inept partners, finally finds a way to cut through the red tape and get Tom back, all while in the midst of formally adopting Maia.

Meanwhile, Richard, Lily, and the baby - who is now six months old and showing that she is far from an ordinary child - are still living in meager conditions in a mountain cabin far away from Jordan Collier. Collier has now closed Arcadia Estates, his mansion and compound for The 4400 refugees, and is on the verge of opening "The 4400 Centers," a place for non-members of the 4400 to discover "the 4400 within themselves." And Collier and Shawn have developed a strong father-son bond after Shawn healed Collier from the detrimental effects he suffered after touching Lily's stomach/womb. Collier becomes Shawn's guardian, and enlists him to heal important benefactors of The 4400 Centers.

With the world understandably curious about The 4400, rumors begin to spread about their mysterious abilities, and public opinion soon becomes divided between those who embrace The 4400 and those who fear them. As the members of The 4400 struggle to resume and rebuild their "life interrupted," each will come to play a pivotal role in events still to come... events that will shape the destiny of the human race
IP Logged

Frank Sinatra
JP
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

Ditch IE. Use Firefox.

293041687 293041687     jezzieflanigan
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Jul 5th, 2005, 11:16am »

Hey, that's an interesting story.  Shocked Was/Is it a mini-series?
IP Logged
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Jul 5th, 2005, 11:27am »

Mini series... I just added Season 1 to my Netflix queue (since I don't have cable.. Sad)
IP Logged

There are only 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Insane 4 Survivor
ForumsNet Member
USA 

My New Home

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Jul 5th, 2005, 12:09pm »

It's a regular series on USA network.

The 4400
IP Logged

Frank Sinatra
Insane 4 Survivor
ForumsNet Member
USA 

My New Home

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Aug 22nd, 2005, 1:19pm »

The season finale is Sunday. Anyone watching besides me?
IP Logged

Frank Sinatra
tattooedbeauty
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Happy Thanksgiving.

View Profile Email

« Reply #7 on: Aug 29th, 2005, 2:55am »

I watched it and I love this show.

How about Jordan coming back? I knew that was going to happen for sure.  

Looking forward to next year!!!!

I love this cast.
IP Logged

Happy Autumn.

Survivor China Winner- Todd.

AR winner- Rachel & TK

Insane 4 Survivor
ForumsNet Member
USA 

My New Home

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Aug 31st, 2005, 8:42am »

I knew that something must be up with Jordan when they never took his name off the credits.

What kind of new abilities do you think that we are going to see in the new season? What's up with Isabelle? I am sooooo hooked on this show!
IP Logged

Frank Sinatra
tattooedbeauty
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Happy Thanksgiving.

View Profile Email

« Reply #9 on: Sep 2nd, 2005, 5:05pm »

I knew Jordan wasn't dead because of an interview that I think TV guide had. Billy Campbell said that he has been working for 20 years with no time off. His wife and him took a 2 month vacation.  

As for Isabella~ Wow~ That is wild.
IP Logged

Happy Autumn.

Survivor China Winner- Todd.

AR winner- Rachel & TK

Insane 4 Survivor
ForumsNet Member
USA 

My New Home

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: Sep 12th, 2005, 10:29am »

This show keeps me guessing, with Isabella as an adult, I don't quite know what to expect. Is she good or evil, is her new form reality or not, will Jordan surface in time to keep Kyle out of prison?

When is the premiere already!!!!
IP Logged

Frank Sinatra
Insane 4 Survivor
ForumsNet Member
USA 

My New Home

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: Oct 20th, 2005, 9:16pm »

I just read that the 4400 has been renewed for season 3. Of course 3 emmy nominations probably helped  Cool

Bad news is that filming isn't due to start until early 2006 with a summer premiere. Bummer!!!!!!!

I guess that i'll just have to be satisfied with repeats for now.
IP Logged

Frank Sinatra
Insane 4 Survivor
ForumsNet Member
USA 

My New Home

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: Jun 12th, 2006, 7:24am »

Bumping this thread as the premiere of season 3 was last night!

This show rocks!
IP Logged

Frank Sinatra
Julia
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

Texas bound forever

View Profile

« Reply #13 on: Jun 12th, 2006, 7:40am »

i've never even heard of it... what network is it on?>
IP Logged
Insane 4 Survivor
ForumsNet Member
USA 

My New Home

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: Jun 12th, 2006, 7:42am »

It's on USA. Check out the website ...

IP Logged

Frank Sinatra
Pages: all 1 2  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.