Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 29th, 2024, 7:06am

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Jericho »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Other Television Shows
   Other Television Shows
(Moderators: lakelady, yesteach, MediaScribe, Bumper, Isle_be_back)
   Jericho
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: all 1 2 3  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Jericho  (Read 4994 times)
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

Re: Jericho
« Reply #15 on: May 19th, 2007, 2:34pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

CBS has announced they're canceling Jericho!!  Go here to help keep it on the air:
http://www.jericholives.com/

Call, write, email CBS...
IP Logged

There are only 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary, and those who don't.
JP
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

Ditch IE. Use Firefox.

293041687 293041687     jezzieflanigan
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #16 on: May 22nd, 2007, 10:47am »

Yea, a member on another site told us about this. I know how it feels to have your favorite show cancelled!

The member of another site posted this petition link, but I saw it in that jericholives.com site as well.

http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?09272006
IP Logged
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

Re: Jericho Lives...
« Reply #17 on: Jun 6th, 2007, 4:56pm »

CBS Reverses Decision to Ax `Jericho'
Email this Story

Jun 6, 5:28 PM (ET)

By LYNN ELBER

LOS ANGELES (AP) - "Jericho" fans who slammed CBS with protests over the drama's cancellation have won the battle: It will return next season, the network said Wednesday.

It was an unusual display of viewer might since networks usually put ratings ahead of even the most passionate, well-organized fan base. But CBS said the show deserved another chance, while cautioning that it must prove it has wider appeal.

"Wow! Over the past few weeks you have put forth an impressive and probably unprecedented display of passion in support of a prime time television series," CBS Entertainment President Nina Tassler said in a letter to "Jericho" boosters.

The letter was released to The Associated Press.

"You got our attention; your emails and collective voice have been heard," Tassler wrote, and seven episodes have been ordered for midseason 2007-08. "In success, there is the potential for more. But, for there to be more 'Jericho,' we will need more viewers."

Fans must do their part to rally interest while the network does its job, she said.

CBS is planning a campaign to reintroduce "Jericho," including rerunning the show on CBS this summer, streaming episodes and clips online and releasing the first season on DVD on Sept. 25. The show's return date and scheduling has yet to be determined.

CBS had to complete deals with cast members, including star Skeet Ulrich, before announcing its decision.

Networks rarely reverse a show's axing but CBS has proven its flexibility at least once before. In 1983, after "Cagney & Lacey" was canceled and the network was bombarded with protests, the police drama was brought back in 1984 - and ran successfully to 1988.

Since "Jericho" was canceled last month the network has been deluged with calls, messages and shipments of nuts signifying viewer displeasure.

"We are tired of the networks (not just CBS) tossing aside quality programming," was the message carried by jericholives.com, one of several web sites protesting the cancellation. "Enough! We're going to fight for this one."

Clarke Ingram, a "Jericho" fan from Pittsburgh, Pa., and a spokesman for jericholives, said Tuesday that the drama about a Kansas town isolated by a nuclear terrorist attack deserved renewal for its daring premise, writing and acting.

"People would paint this as teenagers in tinfoil hats" rallying behind the show, said Ingram, 50, an operations manager for two radio stations. "That's not what this is. These are educated professionals."

Several factors worked in the show's favor: It appealed to the young adult viewers sought by advertisers and was one of CBS' most popular shows streamed online, indicating an audience beyond that measured by traditional ratings.

CBS also likely took into consideration the dent a long hiatus put in the show's viewership, the same scheduling misstep that hurt ABC's "Lost" and NBC's "Heroes."

Last fall, "Jericho" was averaging 10.5 million viewers; when it returned in the spring, it drew about 8.1 million, about a 23 percent decline from the first half of the season.

The display of fan enthusiasm included the delivery of 50,000 pounds of peanuts to its New York offices. In the season finale, a character replies "Nuts!" to a demand that the beleaguered town of Jericho surrender.

That's the same response that a U.S. general in World War II made to a German demand for surrender at the Battle of the Bulge.

Another positive outcome of the fan campaign: CBS is donating the protest peanuts to charities, including one that sends care packages to troops overseas
« Last Edit: Jun 6th, 2007, 4:58pm by yesteach » IP Logged

There are only 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Heather
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Yami+Setsu
View Profile Email

« Reply #18 on: Jun 6th, 2007, 5:26pm »

I saw this earlier and i'm so happy. I didn't write any letters but i'm happy there are crazy fans out there.  Wink
IP Logged

http://www.tengaged.com/user/supergoten
^please click this link as often as you want, give me free money on tengaged Cheesy
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #19 on: Jun 6th, 2007, 10:07pm »

I went to the "contact us" thing on cbs website and wrote... I really like this show... there are lots of fans that watch on cbs site that I think don't get counted. My brother doesn't even own a TV (I know, he's crazy!) but he and all his friends are hooked on Jericho and watch it online every week.. networks need to start looking at where their viewers are, not just ratings on the night a show airs..
IP Logged

JP
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

Ditch IE. Use Firefox.

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #20 on: Jun 7th, 2007, 2:27pm »

Hey this is good news.  Smiley Teach, do you have a link to the article? And can I repost that article to another site (the admin of said site might want to read this, though he might have known this already)

I'll try to promote the show by putting them on my blog or forum.  Grin
« Last Edit: Jun 7th, 2007, 2:28pm by JP » IP Logged
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #21 on: Jun 7th, 2007, 8:09pm »

I don't have the link, sorry, I'll see if I can find you one.. there are a couple of copies of the same story on my LOST spoilers group.. I'll see if one has a link
IP Logged

JP
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

Ditch IE. Use Firefox.

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #22 on: Jun 8th, 2007, 10:03am »

yesteach, I found a link to an article from Yahoo. Thanks.  Cool

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070606/ap_en_tv/tv_cbs_jericho
IP Logged
Heather
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Yami+Setsu
View Profile Email

« Reply #23 on: Jun 8th, 2007, 12:45pm »

JP, I don't know if they run this show in the Philippines, but you should check it out. On that site that i gave you.  Wink
IP Logged

^please click this link as often as you want, give me free money on tengaged Cheesy
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #24 on: Oct 2nd, 2007, 7:08am »

Has this started again? I've been looking but not seen anything.. am I just missing it.
IP Logged

Heather
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Yami+Setsu
View Profile Email

« Reply #25 on: Oct 2nd, 2007, 4:32pm »

Nope it hasn't started yet. The earliest I heard it might start is November but no date has been set for it yet.
IP Logged

yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #26 on: Mar 4th, 2008, 10:23pm »

OMG!!!!!! They killed Bonnie!Huh!?! That J&R guy is insane!
IP Logged

Heather
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Yami+Setsu
View Profile Email

« Reply #27 on: Mar 5th, 2008, 1:29pm »

They went and killed my favorite character, damn it.  Sad
IP Logged

yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #28 on: Mar 9th, 2008, 11:19am »

I am liking this more than before... and the killing off of main characters, to me, makes it more realistic than if all the "main guys" were safe.. ya know?

That said.. I'm gonna miss Bonnie.. Sad
IP Logged

Isle_be_back
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #29 on: Mar 11th, 2008, 5:31am »

The promos say there are only 3 final episodes left, so what's it matter?  They can afford to kill off the whole cast if they want to.
IP Logged
Pages: all 1 2 3  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.