Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 4th, 2024, 9:59pm

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Top Chef 3: Premieres June 13, 2006 »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Other Reality Television Shows
   Other Reality Shows
(Moderators: Heather, Isle_be_back)
   Top Chef 3: Premieres June 13, 2006
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Top Chef 3: Premieres June 13, 2006  (Read 901 times)
tattooedbeauty
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Happy Thanksgiving.

View Profile Email

Top Chef 3: Premieres June 13, 2006
« on: May 21st, 2007, 3:27pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Sara M.
Miami, FL  
Sara M. grew up in Kingston, Jamaica, and began her culinary career under Chef Mark Militello, one of the forefathers of New Florida cuisine. She then became the Sous Chef for Michelle Bernstein at Tantra in Miami, her second home.

Sara N.
New York, NY  
A native of Santa Monica, California, Sara N. attacks everything she attempts with the utmost passion. After graduating at the top of her class from culinary school, Sara N. landed an internship at the upscale Per Se in New York City.

Tre
Cedar Hill, TX  
A self-taught chef, Tre worked his way through the ranks to become the main chef at Abacus, one of the best restaurants in Dallas. The proud father of two, he remains extremely passionate about both his family and his food.

Brian
San Diego, CA  
A native of Oregon, Brian grew up inspired by his grandmother's cooking and by all the fresh seafood and produce the area offered. He soon set his sights on California, where he was recently voted 2007 Best Chef in San Diego for his work as Executive Chef at the Oceanaire Seafood Room.

Camille
Brooklyn, NY  
Camille hails from Puerto Rico, and is the proud owner of Paloma Restaurant in Brooklyn, New York. She incorporates Latin spice into her kitchen, and is all business when it comes to her cooking.

Casey
Dallas, TX  
The executive chef at Shinsei Restaurant in Dallas, one of the most successful in the state, Casey's cuisine incorporates Asian and Mexican cultural influences. This rising star lives by a simple yet time-tested cooking philosophy -- serve food that people want more of.

Chris
Venice, CA  
A true Californian at heart, Chris is a private chef who has worked for the likes of author and columnist Arianna Huffington and the Marciano Family of the Guess Corporation. An ex-volleyball player standing at 6'8" -- it seems everyone looks up to him.

Clay
Santa Barbara, CA  
Clay says he is just a good ole' boy from Mississippi. Self-taught, Clay developed his skills from working his way up the ladder in various kitchens and truly feels he has an innate talent.

Dale
Chicago, IL  
Chicago native Dale has been a chef for six years, with plans underway to open his own restaurant. Whether he's cooking four-star meals, diving, or doing gymnastics, Dale's competitive edge is undeniable.

Howie
Miami, FL  
A Miami native, Howie claims home-court advantage in this competition. A true chef at heart he can't help but let his passion come through in everything he does.

Hung
Las Vegas, NV  
Hung works as the Executive Sous Chef at one of the most expensive restaurants in Las Vegas, Guy Savoy. Born in Vietnam and trained in classic French and Asian cuisine, he believes in cooking from the soul.

Joey
New York, NY  
A native New Yorker and a four-star chef, Joey has worked at some of New York City's premiere restaurants - including Waters Edge, Jean Georges, Vong, and most currently Café de Artistes. His cooking is influenced by world cultures, and he loves to serve simple, light food always on a hot plate.

Lia
Brooklyn, NY  
Originally a literature major, Lia found her passion in cooking and never looked back. Currently the executive sous chef at Manhattan's elite Jean Georges restaurant, this self-taught, self-starter knew that to be the best she had to train under the best.

Micah
South Florida  
A world-traveled single mother, Micah currently owns her own catering company. She is best known for her eclectic world cuisine and her customers rave about her specialty, guava chili glazed lamb chop with passion fruit mint sauce.

Sandee
Miami Beach, FL  
A Georgia native, Sandee specializes in southern soul food. Her signature dish is grilled hamachi collar with southern collard greens and soy sherry reduction with jalapeño corn bread. Enough said.

For more information go to:

http://www.bravotv.com/Top_Chef/cast/index.php
IP Logged

Happy Autumn.

Survivor China Winner- Todd.

AR winner- Rachel & TK

tattooedbeauty
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Happy Thanksgiving.

View Profile Email

Recap Episode 1
« Reply #1 on: Jun 14th, 2007, 9:06am »

Top Chef didn't waste any time on formalities in its super-sized season premiere. The newest contestants were surprised with a Quickfire Challenge that demanded the preparation of an amuse bouche. Something that told Tom and Padma a little bit about their culinary personality. All of the chefs rose to the challenge, but Chef Tom found the taste and story behind Micah's morsel the most appetizing. A few of the chefs felt they had something to prove when they got to the Elimination Challenge where they had to work with exotic proteins--some the chefs had never even heard of. While Hung's adventurous duo of geoduck and black chicken impressed guest judge Anthony Bourdain, Tre's classical take on his unorthodox meats - ostrich fillet and abalone--was the best, and built his confidence back up after a disappointing Quickfire showing. Meanwhile, whether it was nerves, or lacking "fundamentals" like the judges suggested, Clay's Southern style just never found its place in the Top Chef kitchen.

SadSo did anyone else see episode 1? I did. It wasn't bad. I really like the entire cast. (Very unusual.) Sad to say these shows are just too predictible.

I knew Clay was leaving and I knew Howie was staying.

My favorites: Lia, Micah & Tre.
IP Logged

Happy Autumn.

AR winner- Rachel & TK

Jeff
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Get down tonight ;)

jjh295   hane295
View Profile

Re: Top Chef 3: Premieres June 13, 2006
« Reply #2 on: Jun 20th, 2007, 6:52pm »

So far, my favorites are Micah and Sandee. I am also liking Dale and Brian, but wouldn't put them in my "favorites" category, yet. I can't wait for Joey and possibly Howie to get eliminated. Hate the stupid arguing and all that crap. Top Chef 1 was great because it had great chefs and people you wanted to see. Top Chef 2 was no where near as good and I found it was mainly because they did more arguing than cooking.

Let's get back to what Top Chef is about!
IP Logged
tattooedbeauty
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Happy Thanksgiving.

View Profile Email

Episode 2
« Reply #3 on: Jun 21st, 2007, 3:02pm »

Tropical fruits abound in the second installment. Presiding over a scenic elimination is guest judge Norman Van Aken (Owner of Norman's Restaurant in Miami/Orlando). Tom, Gail, and Padma charge the chefs with catering a high-end gourmet barbeque party on the Intracoastal Waterway. While Sandee decides to go "in a different direction," her poached lobster proves to be her downfall. Despite a dust-up between Joey and Howie, both are kept on to cook another meal. Joey accuses Hung of "stealing" his watermelon moves, and it is Brian who takes a chance on a seafood sausage, and reaps the reward.  

« Last Edit: Jun 21st, 2007, 3:02pm by tattooedbeauty » IP Logged

Happy Autumn.

AR winner- Rachel & TK

Jeff
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Get down tonight ;)

jjh295   hane295
View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Jun 21st, 2007, 11:10pm »

They kicked off my favorite. Grr... They kicked off my favorites in Top Chef 3, Inferno 3, and SYTYCD 3 this week.
IP Logged
tattooedbeauty
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Happy Thanksgiving.

View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: Jun 22nd, 2007, 12:11pm »

That sucks~ I hate when my favorites are kicked off.

She was ok, not my favorite, but she was entertaining.
IP Logged

Happy Autumn.

AR winner- Rachel & TK

tattooedbeauty
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Happy Thanksgiving.

View Profile Email

WEEK 3.
« Reply #6 on: Jun 28th, 2007, 8:38am »

After a successful (though controversial) run at grilling, the chefs returned-only to disappoint. The Quickfire Challenge found the chefs cooking with Miami seafood. The catch being, well, the catch. While most of the chefs expressed concern about cooking with the fearful conch, Brian (riding high from last week's win) rose to the challenge once again and impressed guest judge Alfred Portale. The Elimination Challenge called for the chefs to reinvent family classics like lasagna and franks and beans. While some of the dishes looked fine but lacked flavor, many were D.O.A. Howie's dish, a reinvention of pork chops, was the best of the bunch, while Micah's "meatloaf" prompted her early exit.

IP Logged

Happy Autumn.

AR winner- Rachel & TK

Jeff
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Get down tonight ;)

jjh295   hane295
View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Jun 28th, 2007, 9:22am »

I was happy to see Brian win the Quickfire. Since Sandee's exit, Brian's probably my favorite, now. However, I was disappointed in him for seeing the route he took in the Elimination Challenge after having won immunity. He completely ignored the task and it seemed as if he was going to allow himself to coast on immunity that round.

I agreed with Micah getting eliminated this round with the comments about her meatloaf.
IP Logged
Dixie
ForumsNet Member

Vizsla Lover

View Profile Email

« Reply #8 on: Jun 28th, 2007, 10:10pm »

My fave's so far are Brian and Joey, with Brian for the win.  Can't stand Hung.  He seems a bit shady to me.  No wonder he and Marcel are friends.  They sahre the same arrogance.
IP Logged

If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.