Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 28th, 2024, 11:25pm

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « So You Think You Can Dance »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Other Reality Television Shows
   Other Reality Shows
(Moderators: Heather, Isle_be_back)
   So You Think You Can Dance
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: all 1 2  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: So You Think You Can Dance  (Read 5192 times)
Jeff
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Get down tonight ;)

jjh295   hane295
View Profile

So You Think You Can Dance
« on: May 30th, 2007, 1:53pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Anyone else watching this show?

I'm addicted to it. I used to dance ballroom many years ago, so I do love the dance Wink

After the first episode, I really like the girl who had two hip surguries. She was by far one of the best dancers they showed that night. I just wish I could remember her name. She danced to "Ain't Nothing Wrong With That" by Robert Randolph and The Faimly Band.

For those that don't know, the show is on every Wednesday and Thursday at 8pm (EST).

Sorry Pirate Master, but you won't be pulling my away from SYTYCD Wink
IP Logged
JP
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

Ditch IE. Use Firefox.

293041687 293041687     jezzieflanigan
View Profile WWW Email

Re: So You Think You Can Dance
« Reply #1 on: May 30th, 2007, 8:53pm »

You're just 22, you're not allowed to use "many years ago". Wink

What's the difference with this and Dancing with the Stars?
IP Logged
Jeff
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Get down tonight ;)

jjh295   hane295
View Profile

« Reply #2 on: May 31st, 2007, 4:31pm »

Dancing with the Stars pairs professional ballroom dancers with untrained celebrities in a dancing competition. SYTYCD is like American Idol where trained dancers compete in a variety of dance styles and America votes for their favorite.

It's been 4 years since the last time I've been dancing, so to me, that is "many years" Wink
IP Logged
lovetrivia
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Jun 3rd, 2007, 12:28pm »

I watch the show - Was soooo looking forward to it again this year!  Auditions were great - now on to Vegas week to make top  ?  20?  (unsure)  Just sure I will enjoy watching!
IP Logged

Disney #1 Fan
Jeff
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Get down tonight ;)

jjh295   hane295
View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Jun 3rd, 2007, 10:53pm »

Yeah, the Top 20 emerge from Vegas.

I felt kinda bad for Miles last episode. You had to pay attention to the word choice, but his dad wasn't very supportive. He kept talking about how proud he was of his son back when his son was the quarterback for the football team and by what the father was saying, you could tell he had tried to live vicariously through his son.

I am still rooting for the girl with two hip surgeries.
IP Logged
Colleen
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

Proud to be Canadian!

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Jun 4th, 2007, 1:20am »

I love this show too.  I watched the first two seasons and loved both of them.  I will be watching along with all of you  Cool
IP Logged
lovetrivia
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Jun 6th, 2007, 9:46am »

It's Wednesday again!  yay!  SYTYCD!  Look forward to it  Cool

One can hope for lots of dancing and not lots of bios and interviews, can't one?  Wink

I'll try to look carefully for some favorites tonight - takes me a while to remember names.
IP Logged

Disney #1 Fan
Dixie
ForumsNet Member

Vizsla Lover

View Profile Email

« Reply #7 on: Jun 7th, 2007, 9:15am »

Dang it!  I missed the first half hour on tonights episode.  What happened to the teacher student team.  Are either of them still in it?  The student was only 17 or 18 but she was phenominal at her audition.

Was the quarterback guy cut?
IP Logged

If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.
Jeff
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Get down tonight ;)

jjh295   hane295
View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Jun 7th, 2007, 11:03am »

All three of them were cut within the first 5 minutes of the show. In the Hip Hop round, the student got one "yes" from a judge and three "no"s. The teacher and the ex-quarterback got four "no"s.

They never showed the girl who had two hip surgeries or the guy who was a clogger. I'm not too interested in the clogger, but I do hope they let us know what happened with the girl who had two hip surgeries.
IP Logged
lovetrivia
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Jun 9th, 2007, 10:23am »

I enjoyed both nights (even the repeat first hour on Wednesday.)  There did seem to be a lot of dancing and less interviews.

I liked when they had to choreograph and perform in the small groups together.  I enjoyed watching them learn the 3? styles of dance.

I tried to remember the names as they showed the top 20 - recalled the girls the best and was sad to see many other girls go.  Only "Hok" stands out for me to remember a name, and benji's sister?  I don't care for her attitude right now.

They seemed to get so many great dancers.  Now we'll see how they do when the show starts.

What did Nigil say about feeling sorry for the girls?  Was it about being partnered with some male dancers?  (because maybe he presumes they can't learn ballroom dancing?)

IP Logged

Disney #1 Fan
Colleen
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

Proud to be Canadian!

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: Jun 9th, 2007, 3:07pm »

He left sorry for the girls b/c of one guy that they sent though.  Like you Love i have a hard time remembering their names.  I think it was one of the hip hop dancers.  Hes good at what he does but in other styles he was lacking so basiclly he is going to have problems with the other dances and the girls will suffer becuse of it.  I think that is what he was getting at.

I like most of the ppl that were sent through.  I was up set to see the girl with the fake arm go, when I would see her dance I would forget about her disabilty.  Hopefully she will come back next yr.  Other then tht no fav's for me so far.
IP Logged
Jeff
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Get down tonight ;)

jjh295   hane295
View Profile

« Reply #11 on: Jun 9th, 2007, 8:41pm »

Well, they never showed what happened to the girl who had two hip surgeries, which disappointed me and then they go and cut a lot of people I was rooting for almost immediately.At least the Lindi Hoppers lasted a while. I was rooting for them.

I was so happy Olivia got cut. I could not stand her. She was obviously pandering that sob story for all it was worth and she had a horrible attitude to go along with her fake personality.

Right now, I am rooting for Anya, Jaimie, Sara, Hok, Kameron, and Rickey. I am probably rooting for Sara the most. I would like to see a b-girl do well.
IP Logged
Colleen
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

Proud to be Canadian!

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: Jun 15th, 2007, 12:15am »

awwww both of Mia's favorites got voted off  Cry  Ashley (I think that was her name) she was so good but I didnt think her solo was very good.  So going by that hey made a good choice.  Her partner, I didnt like him so Im not upset about him.

Cant wait for next weeks show!
IP Logged
Dixie
ForumsNet Member

Vizsla Lover

View Profile Email

« Reply #13 on: Jun 15th, 2007, 10:17am »

I did not like the Ricky anyway so I was glad to see him go.  I agreed with Nigel, niether one of them danced like they were "dancing for their lives", including Faina.  The ones who made it through looked like they were giving EVERYTHING they could.

Also, I was glad to see that Nigel apologized to Cedric for feeling sorry for the girls.  I actually thought he carried his partner, not the other way around.
IP Logged

If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.
lovetrivia
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: Jun 19th, 2007, 8:19am »

I liked Ashlee a lot - but can see why the performance she and her partner did was rated lower.  I missed the first 2-3 dances.

Mainly I just wanted to enjoy the dancing and not critique in my head last week - I thought they all were so good, so I just wanted to be entertained and enjoy it.  I did.  I liked all the styles of dances - I had 2 favorites - sometimes I have favorite moments more because of the music.

I'm too lazy to look up the videos and re watch to be able to tell you what I liked best and I am poor at naming dance styles.

I'll get better at remembering some dancers and their performances.  Smiley

I do look forward to watching on Wednesdays!

I'm not involved with voting yet, anyone else?
IP Logged

Disney #1 Fan
Pages: all 1 2  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.