Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 23rd, 2024, 8:34am

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « After 13 seasons of The Amazing Race... »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Amazing Race
   Amazing Race Gossip, News & Recaps
(Moderators: JP, Heather, yesteach, Isle_be_back)
   After 13 seasons of The Amazing Race...
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: all 1 2  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: After 13 seasons of The Amazing Race...  (Read 4673 times)
Joab
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

After 13 seasons of The Amazing Race...
« on: Oct 27th, 2008, 7:06am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I thought it would be cool that we discuss about some of the more memorable teams and moments on The Amazing Race, we're into so many seasons and i believe each and everyone of us have somethings to share about!  

For me, here are some memorable teams to me -

Nancy and Emily - Aww, it still sucks they didn't make the final 4 because of the penalty.

Oswald and Danny - Cha Cha Cha seems to be the only team until now that takes the race with a pinch of salt and race with style.

Flooooo and Zach - Till now, it still bugs me how they actually won. TAR 3 was the first season i watched and they are my season #2 favourite ( #1 was Derek and Drew ), when they won, i remembered how excited i was. =)

Charla and Mirna - I remembered how shocked i was when they did so well in TAR 5, until they got eliminated i still thought it was a pity.

Colin and Christie - The villianous team that all of us LOVE to HATE!

Kris and Jon - <3 throughout the race!

Lena and Kristy - Damn those haybales, i still can't forget how they dropped from 3rd to 9th and rolled for 8 hours. Poor Lena!

Rob and Amber - I remembered i just love hating them so much and I was itching to death to see them in the final 3, thank God Uchenna and Joyce beat them!

Gaghans - Remembered how Carissa cried and how nearly half of us were touched and dropped tears as well?

Paolos - An amazing team who did soooooo badly and ultimately had a come back, only to be eliminated.

BJ and Tyler - I was totally annoyed by them the whole season and was devastated when they won.

Erwin and Godwin, Lyn and Karlyn and David and Mary - I'm loving em' still! Who can forget about the six-pack?

Dustin and Kandice - The most competitive all-female team ever!

Kynt and Vyxsin - They are still abit scary, aren't they? :laff:

Ronald and Christina - How they bickered, do badly for the first few legs, made a comeback, and nearly win!

And for the amazing memorable moments -

1. Nancy and Emily's penalty

2. Tara and Wil VS Chris and Alex's footrace

3. Flo's whining throughout TAR3, more famous ones are giving up after they thought they were last in Leg 9 but was actually a NEL and Flo threw her helmet away. And nearly quitting after hearing that she had to take a 24 hour train ride.

4. Kelly and Jon terribly lost in Leg 8 for the whole leg, only to suddenly catchup with Millie and Chuck. It was such an exciting race to the pitstop.

5. Colin and Christie YIELDED. One of the best moments ever.

6. Charla and Mirna VS Marshall and Lance!

7. Colin and Christie beating Linda and Karen to the pitstop! Sad

8. Chip pawning in all the eating challenges - Caviar, Ostrich egg. O_O

9. I don't want to be reminded of Lena and Kristy again.

10. Aaron proposing to Hayden on the Great Wall of China!!

11. Freddy and Kendra beating Kris and Jon by ONE TRAIN.

12. Jonathan's abusive behaviour to his wife, was.. memorable too.

13. Debbie and Bianca drove 2 hours in the wrong direction and got eliminated.

14. Rob managed to get 4 other teams to quit with them on Leg 3's RB, seriously - manipulator.

15. Gretchen's head injury, that was really bloody and memorable

16. Brian and Greg VS Ray and Deana to the pitstop. It was really amazing, you see the beds all around and all the other teams too!

17. Meredith and Gretchen's shocking 4th place performance due to extremely good luck!

18. Meredith and Gretchen and Uchenna and Joyce beating Rob and Amber and Ron and Kelly to the pitstop was joyful to watch too. It was extremely pleasing to watch Rob being outsmart!

19. And of course not to forget - The plane pulling back for Uchenna and Joyce and giving them their million dollars!

20. Gaghans eliminated was pretty sad.

21. Paolos at the pitstop, thinking they were last, starting to put on clothes, only to find that Bransens were behind them and rushed to the pitstop, looking AWFULLY ridiculous and hilarious! :laff:

22. Had to mention the 3-way footrace between BJ/Tyler, Eric and Jeremy and MoJo, was one of the most exciting finishes ever!

23. BJ and Tyler overtaking Eric and Jeremy at the RB was, well.. hard to watch for me.

24. Bilal and Sa'eed quitting their 60k a month job to take part on the race to not being able to complete even one leg, was sad to hear about.

25. Peter and Sarah were amazing racers, but they Peter was irritating to watch as well.

26. David and Mary eliminated. =(

27. Dustin and Kandice, YIELDING Lyn and Karlyn, only to have Lyn and Karlyn BEAT them to the pitstop, in SECOND place. And they were the last to arrived as well!!

28. Rob and Amber's elimination on Allstars was the highlight for the entire season i guessed.

29. Kynt and Vyxsin U-TURNING the wrong team and caused their elimination, that was hard to watch as well, even though they were not my favourites.

30. Nicolas and Donald and Ronald and Christina shockingly makes final 3. That was really good. Too bad they didn't win!

TAR really had many memorable moments, i'll add more if i remember them. Share yours too!

In conclusion, TAR rocks! :laff:
IP Logged

Vote in The Amazing Race Survival Battle -
http://www.forumsnet.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=tar5game;action=display;num=1229008287
Genius
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Asian engineering!

View Profile

Re: After 13 seasons of The Amazing Race...
« Reply #1 on: Oct 27th, 2008, 9:17am »

I need to say this again. It's all Lena's fault for missing 4 haybales with clues in them.
IP Logged

TAR14: Tammy and Victor
S18: Brendan, Taj, Spencer
Joab
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 27th, 2008, 9:34am »

Yea i know, but it's a sad way to go. I mean, look at how many teams who chose to give up a RB after they were eliminated, both on TAR and TARA.
IP Logged

http://www.forumsnet.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=tar5game;action=display;num=1229008287
Genius
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Asian engineering!

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Oct 28th, 2008, 5:08am »

And how some teams manage to quit a RB and still finish well. :rofl:
IP Logged

alternarist
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Oct 28th, 2008, 7:03am »

on Oct 27th, 2008, 9:17am, Genius wrote:
I need to say this again. It's all Lena's fault for missing 4 haybales with clues in them.

wow where did u hear this from?? if that's the case, i am really disappointed by Lena's carelessness.

The most memorable moment to me was  

1) Rob and Amber eliminated. I remembered the trailer said "You wouldnt want to miss the ending of next episode". I thought there is gonna be a huge twist or whatever. But Romber's elimination is a pleasant surprise for me. 3 consecutive team number 1s and then eliminated. LOL.

2) Dustin and Kandice came up 2nd, losing to Eric and Danielle. I felt so bad for them. Because those beauty queens did not follow the stereotype on all-female team and emerged as a THREAT. But came up short to a team that broke up after they won the million dollars.. Sad
IP Logged
Genius
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Asian engineering!

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Oct 28th, 2008, 8:13am »

The bank vault was screwed up. If not, D and K would have been first to leave for the finish line. But that's OK, I was rooting for Eric and Danielle.  Cool

Regarding Lena, it was probably some post-race interview (?)
« Last Edit: Oct 28th, 2008, 8:13am by Genius » IP Logged

Joab
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Oct 28th, 2008, 9:29am »

Nope, it's a calculation. She rolled until there were only 8 haybales left.

So basically, there were a total of 20 clues. If 8 teams took the clue, and we give the benefit of the doubt that the last 8 remaining haybales ALL had clues in them. Thus, that adds up to 16, which means Lena missed 4 OR MORE possible clues because there's no way the last 8 haybales will all contain clues. T_T
IP Logged

Undecided.
ForumsNet Member
USA 

American Idol: Bring Mishavonna Henson back! =)

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Oct 28th, 2008, 2:13pm »

Quote:
13. Debbie and Bianca drove 2 hours in the wrong direction and got eliminated

Then drove the two hours back.  They fell four hours behind but Debbie managed to catch up with the eating the meat roadblock until the point they were only a few minutes behind.
IP Logged

Joab
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: Oct 28th, 2008, 7:14pm »

That's why we all know Susan and Patrick suck. Tongue
IP Logged

Genius
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Asian engineering!

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Oct 29th, 2008, 6:24am »

Debbie and Bianca have only themselves to blame. Driving towards the coast wasn't very smart either.
IP Logged

Joab
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #10 on: Oct 29th, 2008, 6:41am »

Genius, every team who didn't win have themselves to blame. Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Genius
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Asian engineering!

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: Oct 29th, 2008, 6:51am »

Most, except Dustin and Kandice (the safe didn't work) and probably a few I can't think of right now.
IP Logged

Genius
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Asian engineering!

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: Oct 29th, 2008, 10:16am »

From Wiki

Rob & Amber and Uchenna & Joyce each received a letter from Susan & Patrick as part of a Roadblock task in All-Stars (the letter to Uchenna & Joyce was friendly and positive, while the letter to Rob & Amber was very negative- ironically enough, Rob & Amber were eliminated on this leg). Ray and Deana also wrote to both teams but their largely encouraging letters were not found by the teams. A photo of Susan & Patrick from Season 7 was shown in the episode. Rob said in a post-race interview that he and Amber did not remember Patrick from the Race at all and had to look on the Internet to see who he was and why he hated them. :rofl:
IP Logged

Joab
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #13 on: Oct 29th, 2008, 10:33am »

Oh, that was a good moment too. Susan and Patrick's letter to Romber was priceless.

Season 7 had alot of good moments. Smiley
IP Logged

Joab
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #14 on: Oct 29th, 2008, 10:34am »

Oh another memorable moment was Colin and Christie beating Linda and Karen to the pitstop, the moms tried so hard but still got eliminated even with a 20minutes lead. Sad
IP Logged

Pages: all 1 2  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.