Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 10:47pm

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Grades »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Community
   Campus Life
(Moderators: Heather, Isle_be_back)
   Grades
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Grades  (Read 19880 times)
Tyler
ForumsNet Member
USA 

TAOR5 Starts Soon!

331122624 331122624   racedude122003   racedude122003
View Profile WWW

Grades
« on: Sep 16th, 2007, 12:51pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Want to brag? Post it here!  

Post overall grades, test grades, quiz grades! Whatever. Wink

I've never been a typical 'smart kid'. I've always had A's, B's and a C or two. I've only made A/B honor roll three times in my life. But after 5 weeks of school I still have all A's, which is longer then I've went before, lol.

Spanish  
Grade: 94% A
We took a test the other day so it may have went up/down.

Phys Ed 1
Grade: A (don't know percent)
We have had two tests so far. I was pissed off because I only got an A- on them (they were over swimming) and I'm the best swimmer in the class by far. (....but most people failed it, one kid got a negative one. lol)

Algebra
Grade: 96% A
We've had 4-5 quizzes/tests and my lowest score was an 85%.  

Business Foundations
Grade: A?
It was a B, but I got an A+ on the last two tests so it has to be an A by now. Wink

English 10
Grade: A 98%+
The most I've missed on any test is one point and we've had 4 so far....and after I get my 15 bonus points on Monday it should be over 100. Wink
IP Logged
Splatt
ForumsNet Member
USA 

All of my BB9 faves, except Josh

View Profile

Re: Grades
« Reply #1 on: Sep 16th, 2007, 12:54pm »

English
B-
History
F
Math  
A+
Science
B
Latin
A-
« Last Edit: Oct 2nd, 2007, 6:09pm by Splatt » IP Logged

Reality Faves:
Gabon: Matty, Crystal, Charlie, Ken, Sugar
TAR 13: Ken/Tina, Kelly/Christy, Toni/Dallas
Elizabeth
ForumsNet Member
Malaysia 

elizabethyong2001   dreamsofelle
View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: Sep 16th, 2007, 11:49pm »

Intro to Comm and Human Behavior Mid Term exam: A-

Damn, I missed an A by 2 measly points  Angry Angry Angry
IP Logged

Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous.
Joab
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Sep 17th, 2007, 7:37am »

Seriously, not to sound demoralizing or discrediting your effort and doing well in examinations or what. But it's really damn easy to get an A with that education system America's following.

It will even be a miracle if you can pass everything here in Singapore, let alone As. *rolleyes*

Oh wait, let alone scoring more than 90%. :laff: Here, we are struggling to get more than 45%. Smiley
IP Logged

Vote in The Amazing Race Survival Battle -
http://www.forumsnet.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=tar5game;action=display;num=1229008287
JP
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

Ditch IE. Use Firefox.

293041687 293041687     jezzieflanigan
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Sep 17th, 2007, 10:49am »

Have you studied in America, Popo?
IP Logged
Elizabeth
ForumsNet Member
Malaysia 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: Sep 17th, 2007, 11:29am »

Media History and Law. A-

Only because the lecturer rounded up our .5 marks. Just hit the A- mark.

Darn, i want to do better
IP Logged

redwings8831
ForumsNet Member
USA 

MICHIGAN 81, DUKE 73!!!!!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: Sep 17th, 2007, 4:16pm »

on Sep 17th, 2007, 3:45pm, TAR 4 life wrote:
Popo, that might be true, under the following conditions:

A. In some regions.
B. If you only count grades.

Let me explain:

A. In Florida, for example, 90-100 is an A. In some Private schools, 93-100 is an A. In my county, 93-100 is an A. Therefore, it's much easier for one in Florida to get an A than it is for someone in, say, the private schools.

This leads me to...

B. Grades = G.P.A. = pretty much everything scholastically

I'll use two real grading scales for an example:
A+ 98-100, 4.3 G.P.A.
A 93-97, 4.0 G.P.A.
B+ 90-92, 3.3. G.P.A.
B 85-89, 3.0 G.P.A.
C+ 82-84, 2.3 G.P.A.
C 77-81, 2.0 G.P.A.
D+ 74-76, 1.3 G.P.A.
D 70-73, 1.0 G.P.A.
F 0-69, 0 G.P.A.
Plus, 0.7 for AP courses
--------------------
A+ 97-100, 4.25 G.P.A.
A 95-96, 4.0 G.P.A.
A- 93-94, 4.0 G.P.A.
B+ 90-92, 3.5 G.P.A.
B 86-89, 3.0 G.P.A.
B- 84-85, 3.0 G.P.A.
C+ 81-83, 2.5 G.P.A.
C 79-80, 2.0 G.P.A.
C- 77-78, 2.0 G.P.A.
D+ 74-76, 1.5 G.P.A.
D 72-73, 1.0 G.P.A.
D- 70-71, 1.0 G.P.A.
F 0-69, 0.0 G.P.A.
Plus, 0.5 for AP courses, 0.25 for Honors courses.

My high school and many of the high schools around my area did not have weighted GPA's, which means that there was no possible way of getting higher than a 4.0. Most of the colleges, which I looked at, recalculated our grades based on the non-weighted GPA's and only took in academic classes into consideration.  

Quote:
A few stark differences:

List 1 counts higher for AP.
BUT, List 2 counts additional points for Honors.
If you notice the percentages, it is much easier for a person to get a higher G.P.A. in List 2, because of the percentages.

Which is why G.P.A. is rigged.

IN ADDITION, G.P.A. does NOT include extracurricular activities, including clubs, volunteering, or others. AND if someone is enrolled in basic courses, it is much easier to have a higher G.P.A. than someone who takes all AP and works a million times harder for that G.P.A.

Not to mention, our 2 semester exams count for a total of 40% of each classes' final grade. Two tests, one every four months, count for 40% of our grade. And in order to get accepted into most colleges or universities, you must do well in all that in addition to the SAT. One stupid test decides your whole future. Fortunately, that is beginning to change, but it sucks that it is still implemented.

Once you get into college, you will realize that most classes are just based on two or three exams. I have a class this semester which two papers make up 50%, the final makes up 25% and everything we do makes up the final 25% of the grade. I had another class where the final was 40% of the class. Plus, most of my exams are curved to the median (the median score would be a C+/B-). It was the only way to keep 3/4 of the class from failing and most classes at Michigan follow this system. So even though you have an  'A', your percentage won't be over 90%, in most cases.
IP Logged
Tyler
ForumsNet Member
USA 

TAOR5 Starts Soon!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: Sep 17th, 2007, 7:00pm »

Popo, if I was understanding you right, I remember you told me an A was a 75-100 at your school.  

Am I getting that right?  

And as far as I know, you haven't took any classes in America. So you can't exactly make the comparison when you have never done it before. Wink

IP Logged
Elizabeth
ForumsNet Member
Malaysia 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #8 on: Sep 17th, 2007, 11:16pm »

In my college, 80-100 is an A, 70-79 is an A- and 60-69 is a B+ I think. Don't remember the rest.

OMG I got an A for Computer studies.  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
IP Logged

Tyler
ForumsNet Member
USA 

TAOR5 Starts Soon!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #9 on: Sep 18th, 2007, 4:03pm »

I got my Business & English grades today.

My grade in Business is a B+ which is the lowest of all my classes. And I have an A in English.
IP Logged
Heather
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Yami+Setsu
View Profile Email

« Reply #10 on: Sep 18th, 2007, 9:43pm »

My lowest grade right now is a 90 A- in English, then a 93 A in Spanish, and a 100% in everything else right now. Cheesy Of course it's only been like 4 weeks....

Quote:
Oh wait, let alone scoring more than 90%. :laff: Here, we are struggling to get more than 45%.

Singaporean school systems must be a lot different. Here a 45% is definitely failing. So I don't get how they grade.  Huh Although it does seem like other countries are a LOT harder to pass in than the US. For example, a lot of countries you have to pass exams JUST to get into high school.  Shocked
IP Logged

http://www.tengaged.com/user/supergoten
^please click this link as often as you want, give me free money on tengaged Cheesy
Elizabeth
ForumsNet Member
Malaysia 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #11 on: Sep 19th, 2007, 7:23am »

Well, I guess passing grade differs in countries, and in Malaysia too. Apparently the Passing mark for SPM (High School Equivalency Certificate) differs each year. I've also heard that for the Add Maths paper, (which is hell), you can get an A by simply answering ONE question? Roll Eyes Not too sure, I did not take those exams. I took SATs instead Grin
IP Logged

Joab
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #12 on: Sep 19th, 2007, 11:08am »

on Sep 17th, 2007, 10:49am, JP wrote:
Have you studied in America, Popo?

You don't need to be born in America to know that Bush's a flop, right?

I have friends who studied in America and telling me how stress free it's over there and they admitted that Singapore's study lifestyle is just too stressful.

Here 45% is an E grade, considered as a pass because everyone's else only scoring 50-60+ for subjects like General Paper (English), where i got a C (55 marks) last term and was the top 30% for the cohort in my college.

And the top grade for Economics was a low B, 60+, no one scored A and there's like 479 students taking Econs. Besides, more than 300 students failed, scoring 45 and below.

Maths was really bad too, more than 50% of the cohort failed.

It's not just a norm for that to happen in my college alone, every other college in Singapore's having the same situation of students failing examinations.

You just have to see the comparison between people from America happily telling others how they have scored As in everything and students from Singapore struggling to pass to know the total big difference in education system between the two countries. It's a fact that things are way easier in America because of the way they test students. In America, they test more on your skills, knowledge and understanding. In Singapore, you have no choice but to memorise on everything taught because if you don't study for an exam, you will bound to fail for not having revised on the things taught.

My friends told me that they only test a few topics for their tests, while here in Singapore each time you go for a Maths test you're tested on like more than 10 topics and each paper is like 3 hours long straight. I bet that doesn't happen in America?
« Last Edit: Sep 19th, 2007, 11:10am by Joab » IP Logged

http://www.forumsnet.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=tar5game;action=display;num=1229008287
Genius
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Asian engineering!

View Profile

« Reply #13 on: Sep 19th, 2007, 11:43am »

Singaporeans are not the worst by the way. The workload for students in China is at least thrice of that here. In South Korea, they have to go to cram school till 1am (or at least that's what I read).

IP Logged

TAR14: Tammy and Victor
S18: Brendan, Taj, Spencer
JP
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

Ditch IE. Use Firefox.

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #14 on: Sep 19th, 2007, 3:02pm »

on Sep 19th, 2007, 11:08am, Gone wrote:
You don't need to be born in America to know that Bush's a flop, right?

Let's not get too political here. I don't even want to assume what you want to mean by this.

I have friends who studied in America and telling me how stress free it's over there and they admitted that Singapore's study lifestyle is just too stressful.

Here 45% is an E grade, considered as a pass because everyone's else only scoring 50-60+ for subjects like General Paper (English), where i got a C (55 marks) last term and was the top 30% for the cohort in my college.

And the top grade for Economics was a low B, 60+, no one scored A and there's like 479 students taking Econs. Besides, more than 300 students failed, scoring 45 and below.

Maths was really bad too, more than 50% of the cohort failed.

It's not just a norm for that to happen in my college alone, every other college in Singapore's having the same situation of students failing examinations.

Ok.

You just have to see the comparison between people from America happily telling others how they have scored As in everything and students from Singapore struggling to pass to know the total big difference in education system between the two countries.

Well it could be the system, but not to sound demoralizing but it could be that the students in Singapore are not studying hard enough. Just a wild theory, not a fact. Wink

It's a fact that things are way easier in America because of the way they test students. In America, they test more on your skills, knowledge and understanding. In Singapore, you have no choice but to memorise on everything taught because if you don't study for an exam, you will bound to fail for not having revised on the things taught.

I actually feel sorry for students there! I do not like memorizing so I'll definitely fail in Singapore! Or maybe not. Good thing I don't have to try that LOL.

My friends told me that they only test a few topics for their tests, while here in Singapore each time you go for a Maths test you're tested on like more than 10 topics and each paper is like 3 hours long straight. I bet that doesn't happen in America?

Can't say about America, but it also happens here. In high school we had 4 periodic exams (I think that's what it was called) and the Finals. Each periodic exam is of topics discussed within the last 2 1/2 months (we have 10-month school year) so you can imagine how horrible that is.

Still, an A is an A. It takes effort to get an A in everything, even if it's easy. You have to commend them for having the initiative to continue doing their best in their studies. Smiley We have smart people here and I think we should celebrate that.
IP Logged
Heather
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Yami+Setsu
View Profile Email

« Reply #15 on: Sep 19th, 2007, 5:30pm »

We have something close to that JP. We have semester exams and final exams. Now, I'm in school for 9 months out of the year. semester exams for me are in January, so that's 4 months of learning you have to memorize into these exams.

Each exam period is 2 and a half hours long.

So we do have some hard tests here too.  

That said, I do feel bad for my Singaporean friends here!  Shocked
IP Logged

^please click this link as often as you want, give me free money on tengaged Cheesy
Splatt
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #16 on: Sep 19th, 2007, 7:38pm »

Well, at my school we have a cycle.
IP Logged

Reality Faves:
Julia
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

Texas bound forever

View Profile

« Reply #17 on: Sep 19th, 2007, 8:02pm »

I think some people here are putting too much importance on numerical grades. Its more important what you learn and not the number you get. I test very well and thus get good grades in exam courses. A friend of mine does not test well, but knows so much, she just freezes at exams so she only has 70s but is brilliant.

i think comparing grades is difficult because each place has their own marking system. I mean in Ontario you have standardized grading, which is completly different than the grading in Alberta, it doesnt mean in Ontario students are smarter or the work is easier, its just the way the grading works.  

IP Logged
Joab
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #18 on: Sep 21st, 2007, 8:29am »

I have to agree with Julia.
IP Logged

Elizabeth
ForumsNet Member
Malaysia 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #19 on: Sep 21st, 2007, 8:38am »

Unfortunately, the numerical grades are what they look at when you apply for scholarships, etc.
IP Logged

Tyler
ForumsNet Member
USA 

TAOR5 Starts Soon!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #20 on: Sep 21st, 2007, 8:28pm »

My worst grade is a B+.  

IP Logged
Joab
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #21 on: Sep 21st, 2007, 9:39pm »

Stop comparing. Roll Eyes
IP Logged

AmberJ
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #22 on: Sep 21st, 2007, 10:16pm »

I am not trying to cause arguments but in Canada applications for university vary depending on province and country/state.

Example for my undergrad, the minimum requirements were:
Quebec: 80% average in CEGEP
Ontario 85% in Top 6 OAC credits
Nova Scotia 80%
BC 85%
NB 85%
PEI 90%

United States:
90-95%

UK
70-75%

France
70-75%

etc.

A 90 in the US does not mean the same thing as a 90 in Singapore

Honestly, like Julia grades don't mean anything and everything. I have a professor that has said you will not get higher than an 85 in this course; whereas in a language course I took I got 100 because of the way it is structured...

It's really hard to compare grades unless it is the same course, same school, same teacher, etc. I can say that I had a 99 average when I graduated high school, but does that mean that I would necessary get a 99 in the UK, probably not becuase of the way grading works...
IP Logged
Tyler
ForumsNet Member
USA 

TAOR5 Starts Soon!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #23 on: Sep 21st, 2007, 10:50pm »

I didn't have the intention of comparing grades. I just wanted to post them to look smart for a change. :laff:  

Amber, why did your instructor say you can't get higher then an 85?
« Last Edit: Sep 21st, 2007, 10:51pm by Tyler » IP Logged
JP
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

Ditch IE. Use Firefox.

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #24 on: Sep 22nd, 2007, 12:05pm »

Some instructors/professors are sadists and mean. But you probably know all that. LOL

Luckily I never had the opportunity to be in a class with a professor like that. My friend had this professor who said that half of her class don't pass her course. And it seemed like she did all she can to actually make it happen. Roll Eyes

Some teachers don't give out 100 as the perfect score.
IP Logged
Elizabeth
ForumsNet Member
Malaysia 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #25 on: Sep 22nd, 2007, 1:00pm »

on Sep 22nd, 2007, 12:05pm, JP wrote:
Some instructors/professors are sadists and mean. But you probably know all that. LOL

Luckily I never had the opportunity to be in a class with a professor like that. My friend had this professor who said that half of her class don't pass her course. And it seemed like she did all she can to actually make it happen. Roll Eyes

Some teachers don't give out 100 as the perfect score.

I have a lecturer like that this semester. She finds fault with every sentence we write. LOL. I'm managing a B+ average in her class so far, thank God. She won't even give you the 0.01 point you may need to round up your grade to the next level. For example, 80% is an A, and if you have 79.99%, you will have to be content with an A- coz she won't round it up. Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Heather
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Yami+Setsu
View Profile Email

« Reply #26 on: Sep 22nd, 2007, 2:59pm »

I have had teachers like that before, they say it's because "if you didn't turn in one assignment, that assignment could have bumped your grade up to that one point you needed." so if you have a 59.9% instead of a 60%, you would fail the class.
IP Logged

Jejo
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

My world is ORANGE.

shargx  
View Profile

« Reply #27 on: Sep 23rd, 2007, 4:26am »

We need to get at least 60% to get the passing mark, which is 2.50

Some teachers are really strict about it and use 60.00

Some use 59.50

Some use 59.45 (for Mathematical reasonsHuh... 59.45 round off to 59.5 round off to 60... HAHAHA)

And our English teacher uses 59.01! So it's such a waste if you get 59.00 XDDD
IP Logged

I'm back! Cheesy
Tyler
ForumsNet Member
USA 

TAOR5 Starts Soon!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #28 on: Sep 24th, 2007, 4:18pm »

Got my Algebra Quiz back. 49/50. Sad

Call me strange, but I was sorta pissed. lol  

Oh well, my overall grade is still a 96% in the class.

We also took a quiz in spanish. I'm pretty confident that I got an A+ but who knows, and my overall grade in that is a 95%.  

I was stupid and forgot to turn in my English homework so my 97% may fall (but not too much, it should go up because of the extra credit I turned in).

......and I hope my essay in business was good enough to raise my B+ up to an A-. Wink
IP Logged
Tyler
ForumsNet Member
USA 

TAOR5 Starts Soon!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #29 on: Oct 1st, 2007, 8:56pm »

Got my Business test back. I was the only person to get a 100/100, but then he changed it because of some kind of error in the scantron machine and there were a couple more 100s, but now my A- should be like an A. CheesyCheesyCheesy

I've never had a report card with A, A, A, A, A! CheesyCheesy

The best I've ever had was A, A, B-, B, (my 5th class was a study hall so there was no grade).  

IP Logged
Elizabeth
ForumsNet Member
Malaysia 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #30 on: Oct 7th, 2007, 11:05pm »

Got my ISA paper back. 15/20. I lost 3 freaking marks because MS Word screwed up my formatting  Angry
IP Logged

Joab
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #31 on: Oct 9th, 2007, 7:38am »

I got full marks for all my papers, really!
IP Logged

Ruth
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

TAR 14 Pre-show Favourites!

View Profile Email

« Reply #32 on: Oct 9th, 2007, 9:17am »

I've gotten back 4/5 of my papers! It's really bad, but I think if nothing goes wrong, I SHOULD be able to be promoted to Year 2.

General Paper - Passed
Biology - Sub-pass
Chemistry - Failed (as usual lol)
Mathematics - PASSED (I was soooooooo ELATED!!!!!)

Now I'll have to pray for at least a sub-pass for my Economics, or I'll really be retained. Ah, I'll be getting it back tomorrow! *shudders*
IP Logged

Survivor Tocantins: Carolina` Brendan` Erinn` JT` Sierra`
Genius
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Asian engineering!

View Profile

« Reply #33 on: Oct 9th, 2007, 9:28am »

^ What's the criteria in your school, Ruth?
IP Logged

Tyler
ForumsNet Member
USA 

TAOR5 Starts Soon!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #34 on: Oct 9th, 2007, 8:06pm »

Spanish - We um...did some review I think. I can't remember. We took 2 quizzes. I think I did good.

Gym - We played Badmitten or however you spell it. My serves were horible, but actual playing in the game I kicked ass.

Algebra - Took a test, I think I got an A.  

Business - Our teacher got mad at us and we did some mind teasers. It was fun...

English - Got our test back (71/72) and our essay (87/90). I have the highest grade in the class (96.2%) by over 6 percent. Cheesy
IP Logged
Jejo
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

My world is ORANGE.

shargx  
View Profile

« Reply #35 on: Oct 10th, 2007, 8:00am »

I got my Math grade already. I still failed but I got a grade way higher than what I expected.

The feeling of having that is way better than having several 1.0s (aces). Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Raymond is... Raymond. Tongue
IP Logged

I'm back! Cheesy
Elizabeth
ForumsNet Member
Malaysia 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #36 on: Oct 10th, 2007, 8:38am »

LOL

Got back my New Media paper today. 13/15, highest mark in the class. Very surprised because I wasn't sure what to write and I crapped away 4 hours before it was due while praying furiously that I would not fail. Prayer works miracles. Cheesy
IP Logged

Jejo
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

My world is ORANGE.

shargx  
View Profile

« Reply #37 on: Oct 10th, 2007, 8:42am »

on Oct 10th, 2007, 8:38am, Elle wrote:
Prayer works miracles. Cheesy

Very much true for you, me and Ray. Tongue
IP Logged

I'm back! Cheesy
Elizabeth
ForumsNet Member
Malaysia 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #38 on: Oct 10th, 2007, 8:57am »

Grin
IP Logged

Ruth
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

View Profile Email

« Reply #39 on: Oct 10th, 2007, 9:14am »

on Oct 9th, 2007, 9:28am, Genius wrote:
^ What's the criteria in your school, Ruth?

The minimum criteria in my school is ESSS. What about yours, Genius?
IP Logged

Genius
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Asian engineering!

View Profile

« Reply #40 on: Oct 11th, 2007, 8:47am »

Pass GP/KI, and 2 H2 other passes. And a few other odd combinations.
IP Logged

Ruth
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

View Profile Email

« Reply #41 on: Oct 11th, 2007, 9:52am »

I finally got back Economics today and............. I PASSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was like... I actually PASSEDHuh!Huh! I was really SHOCKED 'cos half our cohort failed Economics and I just couldn't believe that I passed! So... that marks the end of everything, have officially gotten back all my results. All I can say is that... I can actually be promoted and I can't believe it and if not for God and my family and my friends.... I wouldn't have made it through this toughest period. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
IP Logged

Genius
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Asian engineering!

View Profile

« Reply #42 on: Oct 11th, 2007, 10:46am »

^ Now you need to prepare yourself for next year, which is going to be worse.
IP Logged

Joab
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #43 on: Oct 12th, 2007, 9:34am »

^^ Stop being such a wet blanket. It's better than not promoting. Duh

Congrats Ruth. My school wants 2 H2 and 2 H1 passes, so i guess i'll retain? :laff:
IP Logged

Ruth
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

View Profile Email

« Reply #44 on: Oct 15th, 2007, 11:22am »

Haha yeah, I definitely gotta work MUCH harder next year! My aim this year's just to get promoted lol!

Thanks Popo! Wow... that's like having to pass almost everything! But don't worry, I believe that you can do it! You WILL be promoted! Smiley
IP Logged

Joab
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #45 on: Oct 18th, 2007, 8:31pm »

I'm in danger of being retain because i only have 2 H1 passes and 1 H2 sub-pass. So great news there.
IP Logged

Tyler
ForumsNet Member
USA 

TAOR5 Starts Soon!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #46 on: Oct 19th, 2007, 8:58am »

Spanish: 93%, A
Gym: A (no idea of percent)
Algebra: 97%, A
Business: 95%, A
English: 97%, A

IP Logged
Joab
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #47 on: Oct 19th, 2007, 9:56am »

I think we should start two different threads for results. One for the insensitive people to start posting their good results again and again and making people who do badly demoralized, and another for the people who did badly to come together and console each other on their failure. Roll Eyes
IP Logged

JP
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

Ditch IE. Use Firefox.

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #48 on: Oct 19th, 2007, 3:11pm »

Popo, have you forgotten your warning already? If you haven't noticed, you're slowly going over the border again.

If you want to wallow in your sorrow and despair, no one's stopping you, but don't drag everyone in this forum with you. Let others who have something to be happy about celebrate it.
IP Logged
AmberJ
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #49 on: Oct 19th, 2007, 3:28pm »

I had a professor in my undegraduate that said something like this:

You folks need to stop comparing your grades to each other. An 80 to one person is not the same as an 80 to another. You know how hard you worked for the grade you got on the report and I know what each of you are capable of. I may have given you a 70 not because it is a bad report but because I know you could have spent a lot more effort and earned an 80. Likewise you may have gotten a 75 not because it is an amazing report but because I can see that you put the maximum effort into and did your best. You all know how much effort you put into your work. A 85 to one person is not the same as a 85 to another, for one it can be a breeze with minimal effort while for another person they had to work hard to get it. The importance is how you feel about the grade and the earned work for the grade.

(This was in response to getting some reports back and everyone saying 'what did you get' and comparing grades. I now, generally, don't share marks because I don't want people trying to compare with me...)
IP Logged
Tyler
ForumsNet Member
USA 

TAOR5 Starts Soon!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #50 on: Oct 19th, 2007, 3:59pm »

on Oct 19th, 2007, 3:28pm, AmberD wrote:
I had a professor in my undegraduate that said something like this:

You folks need to stop comparing your grades to each other. An 80 to one person is not the same as an 80 to another. You know how hard you worked for the grade you got on the report and I know what each of you are capable of. I may have given you a 70 not because it is a bad report but because I know you could have spent a lot more effort and earned an 80. Likewise you may have gotten a 75 not because it is an amazing report but because I can see that you put the maximum effort into and did your best. You all know how much effort you put into your work. A 85 to one person is not the same as a 85 to another, for one it can be a breeze with minimal effort while for another person they had to work hard to get it. The importance is how you feel about the grade and the earned work for the grade.

(This was in response to getting some reports back and everyone saying 'what did you get' and comparing grades. I now, generally, don't share marks because I don't want people trying to compare with me...)

I'm not comaring, just simply posting some grades. I mean, isn't that the purpose of this topic? But in a class, I like comparing grades with people, just for curiousity reasons.  

Quote:
I think we should start two different threads for results. One for the insensitive people to start posting their good results again and again and making people who do badly demoralized, and another for the people who did badly to come together and console each other on their failure.  

Oh please, I'm sure if it was you then you'd be gloating as much as you possibly could.
IP Logged
Heather
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Yami+Setsu
View Profile Email

« Reply #51 on: Oct 19th, 2007, 5:07pm »

Popo, no one is gloating... no one's saying anything bad about your grades. Wouldn't making separate threads be worse? Then we would be labeled as "good students" and "bad students" Undecided

That said, good luck with anymore exams you may have Popo....
IP Logged

AmberJ
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #52 on: Oct 19th, 2007, 10:11pm »

racedude... i wasn't referring to you...
IP Logged
Tyler
ForumsNet Member
USA 

TAOR5 Starts Soon!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #53 on: Oct 19th, 2007, 10:22pm »

Oh, sure. lol  Cheesy

IP Logged
Elizabeth
ForumsNet Member
Malaysia 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #54 on: Oct 22nd, 2007, 5:15am »

I now have 4 A minuses and an A. Hopefully, I can maintain them, or maybe pull up some of those A minuses to an A during my finals Cheesy
IP Logged

Joab
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #55 on: Oct 23rd, 2007, 1:11am »

Because everyone is doing so well, i'll post my sucky results.

Geography - 33/100
Economics - 34/100
Chinese Literature - 41/100
General Paper - 46/100
Mathematics - 23/100

=D There, that's what i got after 90 days of studying. Cool isn't it?

And i get to retest because my conduct is good, along with at least over 150 students in the school with sucky results similar to mine.

Hopefully i'll do well for my retest. Sad
IP Logged

Elizabeth
ForumsNet Member
Malaysia 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #56 on: Oct 23rd, 2007, 1:51am »

I hope you'll do better in your retest, Popo. Remember, Romans 8:28 =)
IP Logged

Heather
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Yami+Setsu
View Profile Email

« Reply #57 on: Oct 23rd, 2007, 4:02pm »

I have a huge Spanish project due next Friday, I have to research and find 8 different types of poems in Spanish, and then write my own.

I hate writing poems in English, let alone Spanish. Undecided
IP Logged

Elizabeth
ForumsNet Member
Malaysia 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #58 on: Oct 23rd, 2007, 4:16pm »

I have a presentation in 3 hours, and my slides are almost, but not quite done. And my internet isn't working properly thanks to the rain  Angry

It seems only proboards and Fnet is working normally? Everything else takes about 100 clicks of the refresh button to load, if it will? Undecided

Yay, it's finally done!
« Last Edit: Oct 23rd, 2007, 5:33pm by Elizabeth » IP Logged

ImANewUser
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #59 on: Oct 24th, 2007, 1:14am »

Lol...I have a poem to work on... Tongue
IP Logged

I wanna see if I can embark on reviving Forumsnet. I hope I succeed. I really miss this place. Cheesy
Elizabeth
ForumsNet Member
Malaysia 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #60 on: Oct 24th, 2007, 3:08am »

Can we start a homework thread? :laff:

Anyway...one weird thing I found out about myself...I get better grades when I don't study? Shocked  Undecided
IP Logged

ImANewUser
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #61 on: Oct 24th, 2007, 4:57am »

:laff:

True... :laff:

I have to study in order to get high... Tongue
IP Logged

I wanna see if I can embark on reviving Forumsnet. I hope I succeed. I really miss this place. Cheesy
Ruth
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

View Profile Email

« Reply #62 on: Oct 24th, 2007, 10:34am »

All the best, Popo! You can do it! Smiley Smiley Smiley

Hee just got scolded by my teacher today for my atrocious results too sigh. Here's my grades, *shudders*

Biology - 42/100
Chemistry - 21/100
Mathematics - 49/100
Economics - 48/100
General Paper - 56/100

As you can see, my Chemistry's almost hopeless. And I'm on conditional promotion due to my Chemistry lol. Means I gotta pass my retest! Let's MUG for this, Popo!
« Last Edit: Oct 24th, 2007, 10:35am by Ruth » IP Logged

Joab
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #63 on: Oct 24th, 2007, 11:33am »

At least you have 2 H2 -_-
IP Logged

Splatt
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #64 on: Oct 24th, 2007, 6:59pm »

Math  
88/100
History  
80/100 ?
English
71/100
Latin  
80-90/100
Science
80-85/100
I need to get better grades.
IP Logged

Reality Faves:
ImANewUser
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #65 on: Oct 25th, 2007, 5:06am »

Chemistry 2 - 1.00
Biology 2  - 1.50
Physics 2 - 1.75
Math 4 - 1.00
English 3 - 1.25
Filipino 3 - Huh
Social Studies 3 - 1.25
Computer Science - Huh
Science/Technology Research - 1.50
PE/Health - Huh
Elective (Math Training) - 1.00

I got better grades this quarter. Shocked Shocked Smiley Smiley
IP Logged

Jejo
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

My world is ORANGE.

shargx  
View Profile

« Reply #66 on: Oct 25th, 2007, 6:29am »

Chemistry 2 - 2.50 (from 2.25)
Biology 2  - 2.25 (from 2.00) I asked my teacher and she said she'll check it out. I knew I should've gotten a 1.75
Physics 2 - 3.00 (from 2.25) Skydive!
Math 4 - 2.75 (from 2.25) I was very surprised, I really thought I'd get a 3.00
English 3 - 2.25 (from 2.00)
Filipino 3 - Huh (though I think I'll get a 1.50 from a 1.25, I missed a requirement)
Social Studies 3 - 2.50 (from 1.50) Yeah, a big laughtrip. I deserved it though, but, it IS fascinating. Tongue
Computer Science - 1.75 (from 1.50) Crudd...
Science/Technology Research - 1.75 (retained) I expected it to go higher.
PE/Health - Huh (perhaps it will stay at 1.75)
Elective (Filipino Journalism) - 1.25 (from 1.50) So far, this is the ONLY subject that went up. I actually expected that this will go down to 1.75, because I failed to pass a requirement which is 10% of my grade and I'm not in good terms with my editor who is giving me 30% of my grade.

My General Weighted Average is at... 2.17 (Ray, correct me if I'm wrong Tongue ... my former GWA was 1.85. HAHAHA)
IP Logged

I'm back! Cheesy
Genius
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Asian engineering!

View Profile

« Reply #67 on: Oct 25th, 2007, 8:17am »

Do work harder everyone!
IP Logged

Ruth
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

View Profile Email

« Reply #68 on: Oct 25th, 2007, 12:03pm »

Argh, my totally unreasonable teacher made me write on paper that "If I do not clear my reassessments, I will leave the college." Now I'm beginning to wonder if I should have agreed to write that. My results are bad, but not totally that bad, I think she doesn't really have the right to make me do that. And now that I made such a promise... it's even more important that I pass my retests! And I don't think it's very possible for Chemistry... Sigh!
IP Logged

Elizabeth
ForumsNet Member
Malaysia 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #69 on: Oct 25th, 2007, 1:28pm »

^ Eh, isn't that a bit extreme?
IP Logged

Genius
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Asian engineering!

View Profile

« Reply #70 on: Oct 25th, 2007, 10:53pm »

Well, I'm sure your principal can't agree with that.
IP Logged

sneezemachine
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

rjmercado87  
View Profile Email

« Reply #71 on: Oct 26th, 2007, 4:27am »

...woah, and i thought I was grade conscious.

well, for more, here are the results of my second-to-the-last semester:

philosophy of aesthetics - 1.50
online journalism - 1.75
journalism research (thesis preparation) - 1.75
broadcast journalism - 1.50
sports journalism - Huh
geography of the philippines - Huh

Huh = grades aren't yet released
IP Logged
Joab
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #72 on: Oct 26th, 2007, 9:13am »

Ruth, can't you even retain? Undecided
IP Logged

LittleBoy
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

The Amazing Race !!!

View Profile Email

« Reply #73 on: Oct 26th, 2007, 9:24am »

Ruth. you can do it! Lol.
IP Logged
Ruth
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

View Profile Email

« Reply #74 on: Oct 26th, 2007, 12:06pm »

on Oct 26th, 2007, 9:13am, Popo wrote:
Ruth, can't you even retain? Undecided

Ah, precisely. My grades ain't half as bad as the "top twenty" of our school hee. I think that teacher has some prejudice against me, 'cos I did REAL BADLY for my mid-years. Well, it's time for me to show her that I CAN study! Lol.

^ And thanks, LittleBoy! =)
« Last Edit: Oct 26th, 2007, 12:07pm by Ruth » IP Logged

Tyler
ForumsNet Member
USA 

TAOR5 Starts Soon!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #75 on: Oct 26th, 2007, 11:01pm »

on Oct 24th, 2007, 10:34am, Ruth wrote:
All the best, Popo! You can do it! Smiley Smiley Smiley

Hee just got scolded by my teacher today for my atrocious results too sigh. Here's my grades, *shudders*

Biology - 42/100
Chemistry - 21/100
Mathematics - 49/100
Economics - 48/100
General Paper - 56/100

As you can see, my Chemistry's almost hopeless. And I'm on conditional promotion due to my Chemistry lol. Means I gotta pass my retest! Let's MUG for this, Popo!

They all seem hopeless to me. I don't know about over there, but over here all those would be failing.  
IP Logged
Elizabeth
ForumsNet Member
Malaysia 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #76 on: Oct 26th, 2007, 11:03pm »

School in Singapore seems to be REALLY hard.

*is secretly glad she did not get the ASEAN scholarship*
IP Logged

Tyler
ForumsNet Member
USA 

TAOR5 Starts Soon!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #77 on: Oct 26th, 2007, 11:03pm »

Spanish: 94%
Phys Ed: ? (A)
Algebra: 97%
Business: 95%
English: 96%

My English class is painfully easy. I would have a 99% but I forgot to pass up two assignments either that or my name wasn't on it. lol
IP Logged
Ruth
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

View Profile Email

« Reply #78 on: Oct 27th, 2007, 12:07am »

on Oct 26th, 2007, 11:01pm, RaCeDuDe wrote:

They all seem hopeless to me. I don't know about over there, but over here all those would be failing.  

The passing mark here is 45/100. I only barely scraped the passing mark for the subjects which I passed. Which is actually not TOO bad in my college, where the standard's really high. BUT I admit it, my grades are bad. And my Chemistry's rock-bottom.
IP Logged

sneezemachine
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

rjmercado87  
View Profile Email

« Reply #79 on: Oct 27th, 2007, 4:34am »

woohoo,, got a flat one in philippine geography Cheesy
IP Logged
Tyler
ForumsNet Member
USA 

TAOR5 Starts Soon!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #80 on: Oct 27th, 2007, 10:44am »

on Oct 27th, 2007, 12:07am, Ruth wrote:

The passing mark here is 45/100. I only barely scraped the passing mark for the subjects which I passed. Which is actually not TOO bad in my college, where the standard's really high. BUT I admit it, my grades are bad. And my Chemistry's rock-bottom.

Whoa, here in the US the passing mark is a 60.  
IP Logged
Joab
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #81 on: Oct 27th, 2007, 10:52am »

^^ The top score for geography in our school is just 71.

Econs is merely 70+, same with Chinese Lit.. so imagine if the passing mark is 60 for Singapore? I bet you'll see retainees everywhere.
IP Logged

Ruth
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

View Profile Email

« Reply #82 on: Oct 27th, 2007, 11:46am »

^ LOL exactly!

Our school did really badly for Economics too! We have about five people in the entire cohort with A and B and that's it. The highest in my class is only a D, which is already below 60 marks lol. And my class is always near the top for everything (bleah lol).
IP Logged

Heather
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Yami+Setsu
View Profile Email

« Reply #83 on: Oct 27th, 2007, 3:16pm »

I honestly can't understand why the highest grade could ever be a D. That just seems to me like the teachers aren't doing their jobs, if EVERYONE is failing, or close to it.
IP Logged

Joab
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #84 on: Oct 27th, 2007, 9:47pm »

No, that's because it's common everywhere in Singapore, Heather.

In our mid-years, my whole class failed Econs and that's like everyone is scoring below 45. And in the entire cohort, over 390 students out of 550 failed Econs. It's a norm thing to fail subjects here in Singapore.

For Arts subjects (course i'm taking), it's impossible to score an A unless you're like gifted in the subject or what. Because Arts subjs are harder to score in terms of answering techniques or what. It's different compared to Sciences like Chem, Physics, Bio and Maths where practice makes perfect. In Arts subjs, you need to know the way to answer the question and if you don't you are bound to fail. That's why everyone's failing.

I failed all my subjects except my General Paper too, and at least 20% of my entire cohort did as equally bad as me. And seriously, besides a few nutters scoring 99 or 98 in Mathematics, i think the score for A's for other subjects are around 70 to 80 marks too and not many people with that score too. The norm is a pass i think. Around 50 to 60. LOL!

And it's also because they test the entire syllybus of the whole year. I heard in America, if they are giving you term tests like Maths, you'll only be given certain topics like Algebra. For us here, we have 10 topics at one go in the entire paper, which is a KILLER. Sad
« Last Edit: Oct 27th, 2007, 9:49pm by Joab » IP Logged

Tyler
ForumsNet Member
USA 

TAOR5 Starts Soon!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #85 on: Oct 28th, 2007, 10:52am »

We have final exams every 12 weeks at our school (although many schools are every 18 weeks).

IP Logged
Joab
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #86 on: Oct 28th, 2007, 11:40am »

We have final exams after every year and it tests everything taught throughout the year. It's like, a killing spree.
IP Logged

Tyler
ForumsNet Member
USA 

TAOR5 Starts Soon!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #87 on: Oct 28th, 2007, 12:56pm »

See, I forget stuff after a certain amount of time. Lol, I had a 94 in my Algebra class and we were re-tested over this 5 months later on the ISTEP (Indiana Statewide Testing ? ?) and I failed it I think. Undecided
IP Logged
Tyler
ForumsNet Member
USA 

TAOR5 Starts Soon!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #88 on: Oct 31st, 2007, 6:52pm »

Got a 10/10 on my numbers quiz in Spanish. I also got a 47/50 on my Algebra Quiz and a 16/16 on my quiz over Huck Finn. Smiley

IP Logged
LittleBoy
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

The Amazing Race !!!

View Profile Email

« Reply #89 on: Nov 7th, 2007, 8:08pm »

Its not as bad as Bio in my school. There was only 2 A's for the entire cohort and is only a borderline A. And it peaks all the way up to U, which is ungraded. So the graph actually ascends in the opposite direction than what it is supposed to be.
IP Logged
Tyler
ForumsNet Member
USA 

TAOR5 Starts Soon!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #90 on: Nov 9th, 2007, 7:42pm »

Overall grades with only Final Exams (and review sheets to pass up maybe?):

Course Course Title Current Grade  
0201 BUSINESS FOUND  94  
0431 SPANISH LEV I      95.1  
0734 ALGEBRA I       95.8  
1122 PHYS ED I       97  
1715 ENGLISH 10     99.5  

I got a 115% on my English test the other day. I was actually upset about it if you can believe that, because I printed off a study guide and one of the answers was wrong so I went off that and missed one. Sad
IP Logged
Joab
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #91 on: Nov 10th, 2007, 10:57am »

on Nov 7th, 2007, 8:08pm, LittleBoy wrote:
Its not as bad as Bio in my school. There was only 2 A's for the entire cohort and is only a borderline A. And it peaks all the way up to U, which is ungraded. So the graph actually ascends in the opposite direction than what it is supposed to be.

Geography in my school -

Top score - 70 (A) (70 is the mnimum score you need to get an A)
2nd top score - 69
3rd top score - 61

% failure = 44%
% number of people who scored 50 and below = 64%

Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Heather
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Yami+Setsu
View Profile Email

« Reply #92 on: Nov 10th, 2007, 5:54pm »

We got our report cards on friday and i'm happy to say that I have a 3.8 GPA right now, that's my highest one ever.  Cheesy

Spanish 4: A-
Civics: A
Tech Prep Math: A
Technical Writing: A-
Computer Info. Systems 12: A-
IP Logged

Tyler
ForumsNet Member
USA 

TAOR5 Starts Soon!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #93 on: Nov 21st, 2007, 10:34pm »

We got our report cards today! Straight A's first time ever! CheesyCheesy

Spanish: A
Phys Ed 1: A
Algebra: A
Business: A
English: A

It was all good, I have the same Spanish teacher (and my Algebra teacher I have for Geometry now, and I have same Phys Ed also) and he's being an idiot. He e-mailed my Dad saying the past week I have been disruptive and talkative....when I haven't done anything no one else has. All I have done is laugh when he does something stupid...I mean what does he expect us to do when he passes out a QUIZ and at the top he writes QUIZZ (how can anyone spell that wrong...).
IP Logged
Genius
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Asian engineering!

View Profile

« Reply #94 on: Nov 22nd, 2007, 11:31am »

In your schools, is 4.0 the max?
IP Logged

Heather
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Yami+Setsu
View Profile Email

« Reply #95 on: Nov 22nd, 2007, 2:47pm »

Yea, 4.0 is the max, unless you take weighted courses (and get an A in them), then it is possible to be above 4.0....
IP Logged

Tyler
ForumsNet Member
USA 

TAOR5 Starts Soon!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #96 on: Nov 22nd, 2007, 6:42pm »

Yeah, what she said.

Certain Honors/ACE/AP courses can be weight .1, .2, .3 (maybe more?).
IP Logged
Tyler
ForumsNet Member
USA 

TAOR5 Starts Soon!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #97 on: Dec 1st, 2007, 2:26pm »

Got some tests back. Cheesy

ICP (Integrated Chem/Phys): 86%, however I did test corrections which allows you to get half credit so it will probably be around a 90 now, maybe higher.

English: 91%, and I was pissed.  

Geometry: We took a test on Friday but didn't get it back. But we did get a quiz back, B+. I was a bit pissed on that one too.

Spanish: A+ on the Telling Time Quiz. Cheesy
IP Logged
Elizabeth
ForumsNet Member
Malaysia 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #98 on: Dec 5th, 2007, 10:11am »

Ooooh, results are out.

Intro to Mass Communications- A :clap:
Basic Computer Studies: A-
College Study Skills: A-
Intro to Comm and Human Behavior: B+ ( Angry )
Media History and Law- B (My final exam screwed me up  Angry )

I don't know if I should laugh or cry at my results.
« Last Edit: Dec 5th, 2007, 10:17am by Elizabeth » IP Logged

Elizabeth
ForumsNet Member
Malaysia 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #99 on: Dec 5th, 2007, 10:15am »

CGPA for now...3.534

I got my wish of attaining a CGPA of at least 3.5...but I was expecting better. Sad
IP Logged

Heather
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Yami+Setsu
View Profile Email

« Reply #100 on: Dec 5th, 2007, 1:03pm »

I don't know anything about Malaysian school systems, but I think that's good.  Cheesy
IP Logged

Splatt
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #101 on: Dec 6th, 2007, 6:40pm »

I saw my grades yesterday:
History: 78/100
English: 77/100
Math:   89/100
Latin:   89/100
Science: Low 80's?
IP Logged

Reality Faves:
Deidara
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

*Art. is a BLAST!*

vergil_yamato_16   amante_no_miko@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW

« Reply #102 on: Dec 8th, 2007, 6:12am »

lucky my grades haven't cone out yet, but on a general basis.... my grades s**k!
IP Logged

Tyler
ForumsNet Member
USA 

TAOR5 Starts Soon!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #103 on: Dec 12th, 2007, 5:27pm »

Integrated Chem/Phys: B+ (7th Highest)
Phys Ed 2: A
English 10: A (2nd Highest)
Geometry: A (1st Highest, by 5 percent)
Spanish: B+ or A-
IP Logged
Zach
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #104 on: Dec 15th, 2007, 2:30pm »

Band- A
English- A
Phys Ed: A-
World Geo: A-
Science: 106% A. Smiley
Math/Pre-Al: A
IP Logged
Tyler
ForumsNet Member
USA 

TAOR5 Starts Soon!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #105 on: Jan 10th, 2008, 6:56pm »

Integrated Chemistry: A- (2nd Highest)
Phys Ed 2: A
English: A- (2nd Highest, although it should be up to an A today)
Geometry: A (1st Highest Cheesy)
Spanish: A- (Somewhere In the Top 5, was an A until I got a B on my quiz.)
IP Logged
Elizabeth
ForumsNet Member
Malaysia 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #106 on: Mar 13th, 2008, 5:16am »

Intro to Corporate Comm- Dullest subject ever. Surprisingly I have an A so far
Communication Theory and Research- I have a 91% Shocked Shocked when 70% of the class are failing Shocked

Marketing Principles and Practice: A
Intro to Mass Media Writing: High B+, 3 points away from A
Intro to Computer Graphics: Photoshop and Illustrator, I'm sure I have an A too. I better make one.
IP Logged

Splatt
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #107 on: Mar 13th, 2008, 10:26am »

Term 2 Grades:
Math: B+
Science: B
English: C-
History: C+
Language: C+
Wood: B+
Music: B+
Art: B+
Sports: A-
IP Logged

Reality Faves:
sportsperson624
ForumsNet Member
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #108 on: Jun 3rd, 2009, 4:37pm »

i suck at math. i either a D or a F.
IP Logged
Isle_be_back
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #109 on: Jun 5th, 2009, 1:13am »

on Jun 3rd, 2009, 4:37pm, sportsperson624 wrote:
i suck at math. i either a D or a F.

It looks like you might have a problem with English, as well.
IP Logged
sportsperson624
ForumsNet Member
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #110 on: Jun 5th, 2009, 4:52am »

no i got a C+ the first marking period and a B in the second markins period and a B- in the final exam
« Last Edit: Jun 5th, 2009, 4:52am by sportsperson624 » IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.