Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 28th, 2024, 4:55pm

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Clubs and Organizations »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Community
   Campus Life
(Moderators: Heather, Isle_be_back)
   Clubs and Organizations
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Clubs and Organizations  (Read 7060 times)
sneezemachine
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

rjmercado87  
View Profile Email

Clubs and Organizations
« on: Nov 11th, 2007, 12:23am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

what school clubs and organizations have you joined?

i think i joined too many orgs myself. right now, i am a member of 5 school orgs.

1. university of the philippines (UP) mass communicators organization - this org is very academic. we organize talks and symposia about issues in the mass media. we once organized a symposium about reality tv and for this we invited one of the writers of big brother philippines as a speaker.

2. DZUP radio circle - we are sort of stewards of the university's own radio station. for the past two semesters, i have been producing a music show for the station. the show explores different genres of music, preferably the little-known ones.

3. UP green minds - it's an org which advocates environmental concerns through the use of the mass media. we do film showings, publish newsletters and also broadcast a radio show, which i do research for.

4. college graduation committee - i am tasked to help layout our batch's yearbook.

5. tinig ng plaridel - this is my college's official newspaper that's supposed to circulate every two weeks; i'm also layouting this.

so, yeah, i have so much more to do than academics. my mom does not know i have so much extra-curricular stuff to do. heehee,, Lips Sealed
IP Logged
Elizabeth
ForumsNet Member
Malaysia 

elizabethyong2001   dreamsofelle
View Profile WWW

Re: Clubs and Organizations
« Reply #1 on: Nov 11th, 2007, 12:28pm »

School clubs and Organizations?

Absolutely nothing. :laff:

My college has surprisingly few. Most events are done by classes as projects, and the college magazine/leaflet/newsletter/newspaper/whateveryouwannacallit is done by journalism students as a final semester project.

I may join student council next year though.
IP Logged

Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous.
Joab
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 22nd, 2007, 9:59pm »

Astronomy club, the slackiest CCA you can ever find in the school.
IP Logged

Vote in The Amazing Race Survival Battle -
http://www.forumsnet.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=tar5game;action=display;num=1229008287
Jejo
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

My world is ORANGE.

shargx  
View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Dec 15th, 2007, 12:08am »

Popo, in our school our Astronomical Society is the most popular.

Starting the 3rd of January, I'll be a member of our Debate organization. Yay. Cheesy
IP Logged

I'm back! Cheesy
ImANewUser
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: Dec 15th, 2007, 12:16am »

^^^Lol...I'm only in the Math club. Tongue
IP Logged

I wanna see if I can embark on reviving Forumsnet. I hope I succeed. I really miss this place. Cheesy
CallMeRob
You Bet Your ASS Team
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

kopee_bui@yahoo.com  
View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Feb 4th, 2008, 8:35am »

on Nov 11th, 2007, 12:23am, sneezemachine wrote:
what school clubs and organizations have you joined?

i think i joined too many orgs myself. right now, i am a member of 5 school orgs.

1. university of the philippines (UP) mass communicators organization - this org is very academic. we organize talks and symposia about issues in the mass media. we once organized a symposium about reality tv and for this we invited one of the writers of big brother philippines as a speaker.

2. DZUP radio circle - we are sort of stewards of the university's own radio station. for the past two semesters, i have been producing a music show for the station. the show explores different genres of music, preferably the little-known ones.

3. UP green minds - it's an org which advocates environmental concerns through the use of the mass media. we do film showings, publish newsletters and also broadcast a radio show, which i do research for.

4. college graduation committee - i am tasked to help layout our batch's yearbook.

5. tinig ng plaridel - this is my college's official newspaper that's supposed to circulate every two weeks; i'm also layouting this.

so, yeah, i have so much more to do than academics. my mom does not know i have so much extra-curricular stuff to do. heehee,, Lips Sealed

you are from up too?

i am in UP DOST Scholars Association right now.
i am part of Kalayaan Residence Hall Sigaw before.
i am part of Molave Residence Hall Association.
i am a part of the UP CHristian Brotherhood International
and an applicant of the UP Philippine Society of Mechanical ENgineers-Student Unit
IP Logged

Please give my blog, daily clicks!
http://inghinyero.blogspot.com
And my reality show overload blog:
http://inghinyero-reality.blogspot.com
logan08
ForumsNet Member
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Oct 6th, 2010, 4:25pm »

Clubs are a great way to get involved and meet people, especially if your home is 2000 miles away.  Gotta have friends!  Also, why don't colleges have school playground equipment?
IP Logged
Heather
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Yami+Setsu
View Profile Email

« Reply #7 on: Oct 7th, 2010, 11:41am »

I know that post was a spam one, but to be fair, my community college campus had a disc golf course. I never played thoughSad
IP Logged

http://www.tengaged.com/user/supergoten
^please click this link as often as you want, give me free money on tengaged Cheesy
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.