Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 20th, 2024, 10:42am

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Jolanda Jones' Episode 2 Review »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Survivor
   Exclusive! - Survivors Speak to ForumsNet
(Moderators: lakelady, yesteach, MediaScribe, Isle_be_back)
   Jolanda Jones' Episode 2 Review
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Jolanda Jones' Episode 2 Review  (Read 884 times)
MediaScribe
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Keepin' it all together

View Profile WWW Email

Jolanda Jones' Episode 2 Review
« on: Feb 14th, 2006, 9:42am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

"Different Survivor/Same Story"

As excited as I was with Episode 1 is as disappointed as I was with Episode 2.  Where do I begin?  Where was the humor that made Episode 1 so enjoyable?  This episode was so forgettable I don’t even know where to start, except that the challenges were great.  First, I’m so sick of stereotypes.  Why does the Japanese guy have to be a martial arts expert?  I studied Shotokon Karate, Bruce’s kata was not that good.  No offense intended but he’s no sensei.  His movements weren’t precise.  Come on Survivor, why take the easy road?  I like Bruce’s attitude.  He’s tough.  He stayed on Exile Island three nights and was better for it.  I would have liked to see more of him on Exile Island.  I mean, Stephenie was shown all by herself (predecessor to Exile Island) on Palau crying and being afraid.  I suspect they didn’t show Bruce because he wasn’t weak.  He is a survivor.  No whining, no self-pity.  What a pity we didn’t see more of him.

The other stereotype I’m sick of:  Why must the black men on Survivor be athletic, lazy but not smart?  I heard Bobby went to Stanford.  I hope those Stanford brains start showing.  Please Bobby, show me something.  

Next we’ve got another whiner/quitter.  Shane, the-Withdrawal-Guy.  I still can’t figure out why they beg and keep quitters and vote off people who are hard workers and team players.  I guess numbers are the only thing that matters.  The Weakest Link is what Survivor is becoming.  It’s sad.  Strong people need not apply.  I felt for Wanda in this one.  Pick ‘Em was the game except that He-Who-No-One-Wants-Gets-Immunity.  I wish Wanda would have been the beneficiary of this new game twist.  As immature as Casaya was, she would have enjoyed being away from that team.  She would have survived and thrived.  Her hiking skills would have been useful and she absolutely would not have complained.  She would not have felt sorry for herself.  And, she certainly would have endured with a song.  

Let’s look at the three person older women tribe, wasn’t it so predictable that they wouldn’t be able to build fire without you know who.  The Pick ‘Em game saved a whole lot of people.  Getting rid of Timber Tina was definitely a mistake.  It also appears everyone, except the Older Man team, needed Timber Tina because it’s obviously not as easy to start a fire as everyone seems to think, even with flint.  It’s amazing how different Cirie’s attitude is when she’s on top compared to how it is when she believes she’s on the bottom.  I want for her to find equilibrium and be funny either way.  I will say however that the women on Casaya, young and old, seemed to pull their weight, literally & figuratively speaking, in the Immunity Reward.  They moved the anchor when the guys couldn’t figure out how to pull that damned thing.  The older guys (Terry and Dan) were the glue on La Mina.  Everyone could learn from them how to do things.

I feel for Melinda.  I thought she was nice and it’s unfortunate that Shane, the Quitter was kept over her.  Melinda would have endured anything to have stayed longer.  Unfortunately that’s not what’s important on Survivor.  I have nothing more to say about that sad situation.  I haven’t seen enough of anyone else to really have an opinion, so I’ll save those for later.  

On anther note, I hear some think I don’t like young people.  Not true.  Hell, everyone’s young once.  It’s just that young people generally haven’t really lived long enough to have figured out how do things efficiently yet.  Eventually young people live, learn and grow up.  I also think a lot of fans of Survivor don’t appreciate the wisdom and experience of advanced age.  Although I will say that television audiences have a great appreciation for the view of nice, tight, young bodies, hard chests and firm, perky breasts.  I just don’t think that’s the only reason people should tune into Survivor.
« Last Edit: Feb 14th, 2006, 9:42am by MediaScribe » IP Logged
lakelady
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

Re: Jolanda Jones' Episode 2 Review
« Reply #1 on: Feb 14th, 2006, 5:30pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Quote:
It also appears everyone, except the Older Man team, needed Timber Tina because it’s obviously not as easy to start a fire as everyone seems to think, even with flint.

It floors me that these people go out there with no knowledge of what flint is and how it's used!   That's just idiocy.  Same goes for fishing and how to use the equipment. Fishing gear is a standard reward.  Come on people!
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.