Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 5:34am

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Wacky Wanda's Episode 4 Review! »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Survivor
   Exclusive! - Survivors Speak to ForumsNet
(Moderators: lakelady, yesteach, MediaScribe, Isle_be_back)
   Wacky Wanda's Episode 4 Review!
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Wacky Wanda's Episode 4 Review!  (Read 860 times)
MediaScribe
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Keepin' it all together

View Profile WWW Email

Wacky Wanda's Episode 4 Review!
« on: Feb 24th, 2006, 9:15am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Straight from Wanda this morning!

" SUR-PRISE, SUR-PRISE, SUR-PRISE!"   Those famous words of Gomer Pyle (played so well by Jim Nabors) sum up this week's Exile Island.  I was surprised at almost every turn.  Here's a list:

Surprise # 1. Shane is starting to look like a keeper after all!  I respect a strong work ethic, and Shane's got it.  He didn't overwhelm   us with immature behavior this week.  I can't even say that challenging Danielle to pull more of the load was wrong.  You might ask why he didn't have the guts to challenge Bobby, who seems to be doing even less, but Bobby's not in his alliance, not someone he necessarily intends to keep around for the long term.   As part of the alliance, Courtney might be the biggest problem, but ya gotta start somewhere, and if Danielle is in any sense the "leader" - in that she by chance was the one to start choosing tribe members - (and she apparently claims the role), then she's a logical place to start.  Okay, Shane, I'm handing it to you:  "Good job this week!"

Surprise # 2. The A-tribe (as in All-American) with the unity and work ethic has been beaten three times in a row by the C-tribe (as in Casaya in Conflict).  The immunity challenge was close once again, with perhaps two seconds separating winner from loser, but as they say at the county fair when you don't quite have the strength to ring the bell, "Close - but no cigar!"  

Surprise # 3. Sally stayed!  She deserved it.  As Jeff said at TC, "Sally, you dominated!"  Her speed, teamed with Austin, "flying" around the balance beam, to quote Jeff again, proved her competitive worth and gave Austin the support for his arguments to save her.  They've formed a great team that is forging a valuable alliance for them.  I admire Austin for having the guts to argue her case when the men already had a decision made.  The fact that Austin could sway Terry is impressive.  (Note:  Austin went to Liberty University, which is known for producing collegiate debaters feared on the Ivy League circuit!)  Pointing out that Terry will have a target on his back if they don't go to the merge with the numbers, and underlining it with the logic of Sally's strength and the rationale that Terry had not made a promise he'd have to break, Austin scored, and he could justifiably grin about maybe having "Jesus of Nazareth-like powers."  Yep, for Sally it was a miracle!

Surprise # 4. Well, maybe in light of LaMina's loss this isn't a total surprise, but the fact that now all four of the first folks back at Loser Lodge are women extends a record set last week when for the first time in Survivor history, all three of the initial evictions went to the same sex.  How long will this go?  If LaMina loses next week, it would seem certain that Sally would be out.   On Casaya, four men (Bruce, Bobby, Shane and Aras) now outnumber three women (Cirie, Courtney, and Danielle).  Presumably Bobby would go, since Courtney and Danielle have the alliance in their favor and Bruce and Cirie have the better work ethic in their favor.  My guess would be that it's Casaya's turn to lose again, and Bobby would be the one to go.  We'll see.  Bruce almost certainly wants Courtney out, and he could surely get Cirie and Bobby in on that, but whether he'll broach it with Shane (who might be willing; there's not a lotta love between him and Courtney!) remains to be seen.  Bruce is camp-skills leader, but Shane is the game-plays leader.  Don't know if Bruce will make an Austin-like leadership play in the game.   Terry's had the leadership in both areas (camp skills and gamesmanship) for LaMina, but the two don't coincide on every tribe.

Surprise # 5.  Exile Island was THE place to be!  Terry went there with a smile and the right attitude:  "I'm going on vacation!"  He was Sherlock-Holmes smart in putting the clues together, and he dug deeper than almost anybody else would have.  Way to go, Terry!  You deserved to find it!

PARADOX!    That's the other word of the week.  It's paradoxical that the tribe that from all initial appearances seemed to be the weaker tribe is now the winningest tribe.  And it's paradoxical that the person who, pre-merge, LEAST needed the immunity idol is the one who has found it (though as Austin pointed out, in a post-merge situation Terry would wear the biggest target if Casaya goes in with the numbers).  

Nominations for Person of the Week: Terry (for finding the idol), Austin (for negotiating the salvation of Sally), Shane (for Most Improved Behavior) and Cirie (for working hard, "staying out of the drama," and sharing with us her glee in watching "the foursome unravel").  Vote now!
IP Logged
Insane 4 Survivor
ForumsNet Member
USA 

My New Home

View Profile

Re: Wacky Wanda's Episode 4 Review!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 27th, 2006, 8:37am »

Awesome review Wanda! Keep em coming, I really enjoy your point of view.  Smiley
IP Logged

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."
Frank Sinatra
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

Re: Wacky Wanda's Episode 4 Review!
« Reply #2 on: Mar 1st, 2006, 12:04pm »

I agree, I4S, I love reading Wanda's reviews... makes me wish all the more she'd gotten to stay around longer... I think we should start a "bring back Wanda" petition to MB... Cheesy
IP Logged

There are only 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.