Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 29th, 2024, 12:52pm

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Wacky Wanda's Episode 6 Review! »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Survivor
   Exclusive! - Survivors Speak to ForumsNet
(Moderators: lakelady, yesteach, MediaScribe, Isle_be_back)
   Wacky Wanda's Episode 6 Review!
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Wacky Wanda's Episode 6 Review!  (Read 817 times)
MediaScribe
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Keepin' it all together

View Profile WWW Email

Wacky Wanda's Episode 6 Review!
« on: Mar 13th, 2006, 12:59am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Here's what Wanda sent us this week...

I say it was a fluke!  Something must have happened with the mechanism of LaMina's puzzle in the challenge.  Dan said he and Sally and had figured out exactly where the first piece needed to go, but the center piece would not rotate to that position.  Once the first piece was in, the center would be established and the other pieces would go in easily.  I don't blame the challenge production crew nor think anything was rigged improperly, but I do believe there was some problem with the rotation of the center puzzle section that kept Dan and Sally from even starting their puzzle.  With all due respect to Bruce and Cirie, who are no dummies, I would still bet all my money on the D&S team over the B&C pair on any puzzle competition any time, before or since this week's challenge.  

The LaMina runners certainly gave their tribe significant lead time.  The first run was the most interesting, with Terry and Shane starting at the same instant and nearly colliding full-force at the first intersection, and Terry just narrowly edging Shane but causing more loss of momentum for the latter.  

The challenge was doubly momentous because it was for both reward and immunity, so it meant two losses in one.  LaMina lost out on food that they needed more than the better-fed Casaya, who have had a better natural food supply at their location and have also won more food rewards.  As for immunity, Terry commented aptly that this tribal council was anticipated -- but as the Final Four of the game, not the Final Four of a pre-merge tribe.   Personally, I think reward and immunity challenges should be separate.
With so many variables (how snuggly each knot is tied, for example) and contests are often neck-and-neck, one competition should rarely if ever amount to a double whammy.    

The only good thing that can be said about the fluke is that it saved Sally, and we all love her.  Since she was probably the biggest Survivor fan on this cast, she remains a strong favorite with me.  

On a lighter note, if Survivor itself is not enough fun for you during the week, be sure to read the "Survivors Strike Back" blog on the CBS website (click under "Community" on the Survivor page).  My biggest chuckle of the week was a Survivor referring to Dan as a "Nassau scientist."  I would think that adults from Massachusetts, home of the much-loved Christa McAuliffe of the Challenge Shuttle, would know NASA from the capital of the Bahamas!   But hey, as Will Rogers said, "We're all ignorant, only about different things."  

Dan, we all respect and salute you, both as a Shuttle astronaut who put your life on the line for science, and as a great Survivor.  We're so glad you survived all your shuttle flights!

Cirie as Narrator:  We're also loving Cirie as a kind of narrator of the Cassaya story.  She has an innocence in her "I'm-watching-and-putting-it-together" commentary that almost reminds me of Scout telling the story of To Kill a Mockingbird; she's like a flute playing a lilting tune in the background of the drama.  One of her excellent observations was of the bitter-sweetness for her of the Casaya win.  "I almost wanted to lose," she said with a kind of wistfulness.  For her, it would have been wonderful to have evicted Shane rather than have a time of healing (and likely the merge, which changes lots of things) before the next TC.  

Will Danielle and Courtney buy Shane's, "I'm sorry and I'll never do it again" line?  Could they really not know human nature better than that?   His grown-up immaturity actually makes Shane a fantastic cast this season.   All the goodness and character at LaMina makes me realize that having a cast full of "worthy" people leaves an entertainment gap for viewers.  Drama requires conflict, and intratribal conflict requires immature people.  

Merging Traffic Ahead.   There are 10 left in the game now, and that's usually the time for the merge.  Everybody who's going to be on the jury needs to live together at least briefly.   Does the balance of power at 6 Casaya vs. 4 LaMina means that Casaya will comprise the Final Four?  I don't think so.   First, the previews show a medical emergency coming soon and eliminating a player; the straight-out odds are 6:4 that it'll be a Casaya member, and I think the mental and physical strength of the LaMina players vs. the emotional weaknesses and other factors at Casaya make it significantly more likely that they'll be losing someone.  If that's correct, that would narrow the margin to 5-4, still favoring Casaya.  

Enter the Immunity Idol!  Casaya votes to take out Terry -- and the tables are turned, eliminating another Casaya.  Then it's 4-4, and things are evened.  The Immunity Idol in Terry's possession is essentially another tribesperson for LaMina.  It's as though he's been dipped in the River Styx and doesn't even have an Achilles Heel, at least for one battle.  

I still look for LaMina to produce the game winner(s).
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.