I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Christopher Gibson Jersey
« on: Jul 7th, 2017, 1:00am »
Epstein Cubs Arent Withholding Money For Future Payrolls - RealGM Wiretap
In a wide-ranging interview this week Dennis Seidenberg Jersey , Chicago Cubs president Theo Epstein addressed why the team hasn't been able to contend while rebuilding.
Epstein said until the club can generate new revenue, it is placed in an "untenable position" and they are "fighting upstream" against teams that get competitive balance draft picks, but are simultaneously unable to increase payroll to keep pace with the top of the division.
"It's not a choice," he said of Chicago's payroll level. "We are not making a fundamental choice to only focus on the future. We're not withholding dollars from this year's team. We are spending every dollar that we have on this baseball team. We maxed out our payroll last year and we maxed out our payroll this year. It's not a choice.
"It's not like we're making a conscious decision to say, 'Hey, let's withhold $15-20 million from the 2012 or 2013 payroll because we don't think we're quite good enough or it's not worth it to spend it there. Let's save it for a rainy day. Or let's save it so we can get that free agent in 2016.' The baseball department is spending every dollar that is allocated to baseball operations. Yeah, we're spending it in the draft and we're spending it in the minor leagues. There's only so much you can spend there. We're also spending every dollar we have available on the Major League payroll."
? The hockey hall of fame, the CN Tower, and Rogers Centre are just a few of the things associated with Toronto, Ontario.
However, the provincial capital and financial center of Canada is one of North America s most fascinating cities.
To shed some light on the mysterious metropolis, we ve compiled a list of the 10 things your probably didn t know about Toronto...
* Golden Horseshoe No, it s not the name of a steakhouse. Golden Horseshoe is the appellation of a densely populated area of Canada in which Toronto is the anchor city. This u shaped area of land stretches around the west end of Lake Ontario starting at Niagara Falls and ending in the town of Oshawa. Thanks to Toronto and its suburbs, the Golden Horseshoe contains over a quarter of the population of Canada.
* Take Stock in Toronto The Toronto Stock Exchange, also known by the initials TSX, is the largest in Canada Denis Potvin Jersey , the third largest in North America, and the eighth largest in the world. Investors flock to the TSX, a subsidiary of the TMX Group Inc., to make money in the mining, oil, and gas industries. In fact, there are more of those types of companies on the Toronto Stock Exchange than any other exchange in the world.
* Canadian National Everyone is familiar with the CN Tower, it s the defining landmark of the Toronto skyline, but do you know what CN stands for? Originally, it stood for Canadian National, the name of the railway company that constructed the 1,815 feet, 5 inch structure in 1975. However the tallest tower in the western hemisphere is now owned by the Canadian people so the CN is an abbreviation of Canada s National as in Canada s National Tower.
* Earth, Wind & Fire Toronto has been on the bad side of two major disasters. In 1904, the Great Toronto Fire decimated the downtown area. The blaze caused $10 million in damage but led to stronger fire safety laws and an expansion of the city s fire department. In 1954, Hurricane Hazel brought Toronto to its knees with high winds and flash floods. The storm killed 81 people Clark Gillies Jersey , displaced 1,900 families, and caused more than $25 million in damages.
* What Is Up, Toronto? If you don t like heights you might want to stay away from Toronto or at least be prepared for more skyscrapers than you can shake a hockey stick at. Toronto has over 2,000 buildings over 300 feet tall. In North America, that number is second only to New York City (the Big Apple has 5,000 such buildings). Some of high rises include First Canadian Place, Scotia Tower, TD Canada Trust Tower, Commerce Court West, and the Toronto Dominion Tower.
* Lights, Camera, Action! Toronto is home to the world s first permanent IMAX theatre. It s called the Cinesphere. You can find it at Ontario Place located on the shore of Lake Ontario, just west of downtown Toronto. The theater, with its 80 feet by 60 feet screen and its 752 seats, opened for movie buffs on May 22 Christopher Gibson Jersey , 1971. It was built to look like the Spaceship Earth from Walt Disney World s Epcot theme park. In technical terms it s a triodetic dome.
* Play Ball! Toronto is the only Canadian city with a team in five major sports leagues. Obviously everyone associates the city with the Maple Leafs, the 13 time Stanley Cup champions, but the city also fields teams in Major League Baseball (Blue Jays), National Basketball Association (Raptors), Canadian Football League (Argonauts), and Major League Soccer (Toronto FC). Starting in 2008, the NFL s Buffalo Bills play one regular season home game at Toronto s Rogers Centre.
* Argonauts Not only are the Argonauts part of Toronto s vast sports landscape, they are also the oldest extant professional sports team in North America. The Argonauts, a band of heroes from Greek mythology that accompanied Jason to Colchis, were founded in 1873 by the Toronto Argonaut Rowing Club. They ve won the CFL Championship, or Grey Cup, a record fifteen times. The Argonauts play their home games at the Rogers Centre.
* Law & Order: Toronto Big cities are notorious for crime but not the big T.O. In fact, Toronto has a reputation for being one of the largest and safest cities in North America. In 2007, the city s homicide rate was 3.1 per 100,000 people. New York City s homicide rate was doubled that; Los Angeles and Boston was nearly three times as bad; and you don t even want to know how many more murders occurre. Wholesale Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys China