Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 18th, 2024, 1:35pm

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « The Amazing Race 8 Voting Game - WINNER REVEALED »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Amazing Race
   Fantasy Amazing Race Games
(Moderators: JP, Heather, Isle_be_back)
   The Amazing Race 8 Voting Game - WINNER REVEALED
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: all 1 2 3 4  ...  11 Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: The Amazing Race 8 Voting Game - WINNER REVEALED  (Read 4687 times)
Joab
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

Re: The Amazing Race 8 : What If?
« Reply #15 on: Nov 27th, 2005, 9:47pm »

Quick Update! Results will be updated tomorrow! Vote now before it's too late!

1st - Bransen
2nd - Godlewski
3rd - Linz
4th - Gaghen
5th - Schroeder
6th - Paolo
7th - Rogers
8th - ??
9th - ??

Points will not be provided, will it be Aiellos or the Blacks... check back for full summary tomorrow.
IP Logged

Vote in The Amazing Race Survival Battle -
http://www.forumsnet.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=tar5game;action=display;num=1229008287
Joab
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #16 on: Nov 28th, 2005, 10:50am »

Last time on The Amazing Race 8 : What If?, the Godlewskis narrowly beat the Schroeders and come in first. The Blacks narrowly escaped elimination even though finishing their Detour last, but caught up on a footrace to the Pitstop with the Weavers who were terribly lost and became the first team to be eliminated from The Amazing Race 8 : What If?

9 teams remain, who will be eliminated next?

Departing the Pit Stop in first place at 7:57 am, the Godlewski family opened their clue to discover they needed to drive 15 miles to York, Pennsylvania and find Shoehouse Road. Once there, Teams needed to find the Haines Shoe House and search the giant shoe for their next clue.

Christine Godlewski : Can anyone help me with the map? *frantic*
Michelle Godlewski : Chill out, you are getting on our nerves!
Christine Godlewski : We are doing so well, i don't want to lose our lead!

A quick stop for gas pushed the plucky sisters down to third place as the Gaghan family arrived at the Shoe House first, followed by the Schroeder family. Opening their clue, the Gaghans learned they needed to drive 110 miles to the nation's capital, Washington, DC. Once there, Teams would find their next clue at the reflecting pool in front of the United States Capitol Building.

All teams are driving to the reflecting pool currently.

For one Team, the drive to Washington, DC proved disastrous. Navigator Denny Rogers unknowingly sent his son, Brock, in the wrong direction on the 30 highway, causing the Team to fall into last place. To make matters worse, Brock initially took the blame from his family for passing up the exit for 83 south, even though he insisted there was no exit. Denny tersely told his son, "Not seeing it and not passing it is two different things." After heading in the right direction, Brittney vindicated her brother when she realized Denny had sent them the wrong way. In response, Denny said, "Apparently,I was wrong. Only one person can do so much."

The Gaghens and Schroeders arrived at the wrong reflecting pool first, they realized their mistake quickly and drove to the correct reflecting pool.

Mark Schroeder : How i wish the Gaghens didn't spot us leaving, we could have shake them off.
Stassi Schroeder : Dad, i thought we were supposed to be the ones who spotted them leaving and followed them?
Mark Schroeder : *fake ingorance* Did we?
Char Schroeder : *giving everyone a "He is not my husband" look*

The Godlewskis and Bransens arrived at the correct reflecting pool and found the cluebox.

The sisters learned they had to find a limousine parked on 3rd Street and take a briefcase from an unseen contact. Then, they needed to take the briefcase across town to the Tidal Basin, located next to the Jefferson Memorial.

All teams found the correct reflecting pool and is now driving to Tidal Basin.

Arriving at the Tidal Basin in first place, the Godlewski family encountered the first Road Block on THE AMAZING RACE. In this Road Block, one team member had to search the area around the Tidal Basin for a spy carrying a briefcase identical to their own. There were 50 people carrying briefcases, but only 10 were confirmed spies. Team members used the password, "The sky is blue." Anyone who was a spy would respond with the phrase, "The sea is green." After making contact, the Team member exchanged their briefcase for the spy's briefcase containing their next clue.  

Lindsay Bransen : Now which of us should do this Roadblock?
Lauren Bransen : Dad, do you think you can do it?
Wally Bransen : Look, we should really discuss properly who should be doing this Roadblock, it's very important!
Elizabeth Bransen : But we don't have enough time!
Wally Bransen : *looks helpless* Fine, i'll do it.

With the Bransens, Godlewskis, Gaghens, Schroeders and Linz doing their Roadblock task, the race is tense with the final 4 teams which are still driving to Tidal Basin.

Marion Paolo : Now where the hell is this Tidal Basin?
DJ Paolo : I don't know! Don't ask me!!
Marion Paolo : Don't get angry! You look cute when you get angry!
DJ Paolo : Mom, i wish the Tidal Basin was as big as your size so we can spot it easily!
Tony Paolo : Ahhhh, we found the place! *smirks*

The Bransen Family, who finished their Roadblock first amazingly realized they had to drive 49 miles into the Virginia countryside to the town of Middleburg and find Welbourne Manor, a historic antebellum home, for their next clue.

All teams finishes their Roadblock and are now driving to Welbourne Manor.

DJ Paolo : I guess we are lost again!
Marion Paolo : THAT IS BECAUSE NO. ONE. EVER. LISTENS. TO. ME!!
DJ Paolo : Mom, just shut up.. we can just follow the team enough...

Nick Linz : We have to be quick!! The Weavers might catch up with us!!
Tommy Linz : Yes, speed up speed up!! We want the Weavers eliminated...
Megan Linz : Guys, they are eliminated last episode, WAKE UP!
Alex Linz : OH NO! THE WEAVERS MIGHT BE HIDING IN DUSBINS AT THE PITSTOP AND ATTACK US SECRETLY!
Megan Linz : *shrugs helplessly and knock out all her brothers unconscious* Now, it's peaceful. *continues driving*

In a close race for first place, the Bransen family pulled ahead of the Godlewski's arriving at Welbourne Manor to find a Detour. In this Detour, Teams had to choose between two military duties common during the Civil War: Heat of the Battle and Heat of the Night. In Heat of the Battle, Teams had to take part in a full scale Civil War reenactment and use stretchers to transport five wounded soldiers off the battlefield into the surgical tent. In Heat of the Night, Teams had to roll a barrel of oil to a workstation where they had to fill 20 oil lamps, transport them to a table, and light all 20 for the quartermaster. After finishing their task, Teams would be handed a regimental flag that they had to carry down a winding road to the Pit Stop for this leg of the race.

As the Bransens went off to fill oil lamps, the Godlewski sisters flexed their muscles by picking up soldiers strewn across the smoky, chaotic battlefield. After making a bold move by taking a shortcut, the Linz siblings arrived at Welbourne Manor in third place quickly transporting bodies in hopes of passing the two Teams ahead of them.

All teams chose to complete their respective Detours and ultimately, one team came running down to the Pit-stop after completing their Detour.

Phil : Bransen Family, with 500 points, you’re team number one. In addition, you'll also have 50 points added to your total scores next week.
Wally Bransen : Wow, i didn't expect that!
Lauren Bransen : Do we get free gas for LIFE? *excited*
Phil : No, that's the prize for next week.. *shocks*
Bransens : *collapse with exhaustion*

Phil : Godlewski Family, with 484 points, you’re team number two.

Phil : Linz Family, with 450 points, you’re team number three.
Phil : How did you manage to complete that Detour alone with your brothers all unconscious?
Megan Linz : *dragging all her 3 brother to the Pit-stop, who were still unconscious* That's for me to find out and for you to know.
Nick Linz : *wakes up* IS ANY OF THE WEAVERS HIDING BEHIND DUSTBINS?
Megan Linz : *uses stick that appears from nowhere and hit Nick unconscious* Now, you didn't see that did you?
Phil : *looks at stick that Megan is still holding* no... *sighs*

Phil : Schroeder Family, with 430 points, you’re team number four.
Hunter Schroeder : Can i finally tell everyone what i learned in school?
Stassi and Char Schroeder : NO!!!

Phil : Gaghen Family, with 400 points, you’re team number five.
Carrissa Gaghen : Yay! *singing* We are number 5, number number 5, that's so much better than being last~

Phil : Rogers Family, with 290 points, you’re team number six.
Brock Roger : Dad, you got to know when to shut your mouth now.
Denny Roger : Hey, it's a bad day for us! At least we are not eliminated.

Phil : Paolo Family, with 280 points, you’re team number seven.
Tony Paolo : *hugs Phil* WE THOUGHT WE ARE DEAD LAST!!!!!!!!
Phil : *pushes Tony away politely* How many times do i have to tell you i'm not your wife?

Phil : Black Family, with 240 points, you’re team number eight.
Blacks : At least we are not eliminated...

Phil : Aiello Family, with 210 points, you’re the last team to arrive. I'm sorry to tell you that you have been eliminated from the race.
Aiellos : At least we tried...  Cry

Leg Three : Middleburg, VA to Huntsville, AL, is now open for voting. Voting will continue until Thursday.

Current Race Position :  
1st - Bransen Family  
2nd - Godlewskis Family  
3rd - Linz Family  
4th - Schroeder Family  
5th - Gaghen Family  
6th - Roger Family  
7th - Paolo Family  
8th - Black Family  
ELIMINATED : Aiello Family  
ELIMINATED : Weaver Family
« Last Edit: Nov 28th, 2005, 10:54am by Joab » IP Logged

http://www.forumsnet.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=tar5game;action=display;num=1229008287
David

Email

« Reply #17 on: Nov 28th, 2005, 5:54pm »

1. Shroeder  
2. Linz    
3. Roger  
4. Godlewski  
5. Black  
6. Paolo  
7. Gaghan  
8. Bransen
« Last Edit: Nov 29th, 2005, 5:11pm by Survivor1989 » IP Logged
Joab
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #18 on: Nov 28th, 2005, 8:57pm »

1. Roger
2. Godlewski
3. Gaghen
4. Paolo
5. Bransen
6. Black
7. Schroeder
8. Linz
IP Logged

username
ForumsNet Member
Hong_Kong 

View Profile

« Reply #19 on: Nov 29th, 2005, 3:14am »

1 Linz
2 Bransen
3 Godlewski
4 Paolo
5 Gaghan
6 Black
7 Schroeder
8 Roger
IP Logged

Hello! Wink
Kendralynn
ForumsNet Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile Email

« Reply #20 on: Nov 29th, 2005, 6:50pm »

Bransen
Godlewski  
Schroeder  
Roger  
Linz  
Paolo  
Gaghan  
Black  
IP Logged
TAR_Addict
ForumsNet Member
USA 

mrsparkle33333   mr+sparkle+33333
View Profile

« Reply #21 on: Nov 30th, 2005, 9:38pm »

1. Paolo
2. Schroeder
3. Bransen
4. Godlewski
5. Black
6. Rogers
7. Linz
8. Gaghans
IP Logged
Joab
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #22 on: Dec 1st, 2005, 7:48am »

All of you have only less than 1 day to vote. Please post your vote now!  Cool
IP Logged

JP
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

Ditch IE. Use Firefox.

293041687 293041687     jezzieflanigan
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #23 on: Dec 1st, 2005, 10:45am »

I dunno if this will be counted, but oh well...

1 Gaghan
2 Godlewski
3 Bransen
4 Linz
5 Black
6 Schroeder
7 Roger
8 Paolo
« Last Edit: Dec 1st, 2005, 10:45am by JP » IP Logged
Joab
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #24 on: Dec 1st, 2005, 12:04pm »

Of course it's counted, i'm not updating this for like more than 12 hours time.
IP Logged

Genius
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Asian engineering!

View Profile

« Reply #25 on: Dec 1st, 2005, 7:12pm »

1 Linz
2 Gaghan
3 Paolo
4 Bransen
5 Godlewski
6 Black
7 Schroeder
8 Roger
IP Logged

TAR14: Tammy and Victor
S18: Brendan, Taj, Spencer
Joab
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #26 on: Dec 2nd, 2005, 10:37am »

Last time on The Amazing Race 8 : What If?, the Bransen family narrowly beat the Godlewskis sister to claim their first victory in the race, while the Aiellos fall behind and were eliminated. 8 teams remains, who will be eliminated, next?

Departing the Pit Stop at 2:26 am, the Bransen family discovered they needed to fly 500 miles to Charleston, South Carolina and drive into an area known as the Battery to find their next clue located under a gazebo.

All teams are now on the flight to Charleston.

Tommy Linz : I'm so glad that old witch and her three monkeys didn't spring an attack on us at the pitstop in hidden dustbins...
Megan Linz : *knocks Tommy unconscious* That should make him quiet.
Air Stewardess : Now now! We never allowed that on our plane! *looks at baton Megan still holding and walks away quickly*

Landing in Charleston, South Carolina, teams raced to their cars, jockeying for position as they drove to the Battery. Spotting the gazebo first, the Bransens opened their clue to find a Detour. Teams had to choose between Forrest Gump and Muddy Waters. In Forrest Gump, Teams needed to drive seven miles to a fresh seafood company, hop on a traditional shrimp boat and, using their hands, dehead 200 pounds of shrimp. While the location was nearby, working through 200 pounds of shrimp could take awhile. In Muddy Waters, Teams had to drive 37 miles to the Ridgeville Mud Run and jump in a 4x4 to drive round trip through a 400-foot gulley known as a mud bog to earn their clue. While the location was in another town and their 4x4 could get stuck in the mud, Teams with monster driving skills could finish fast.

Tricia Godlewski : We should really be discussing which detour we should be doing properly.
Sharon Godlewski : Yes we certainly should, so as to maintain with our lead.
...*and after 15 minutes of discussion*
Godlewskis : We'll do shrimps.

After removing the last shrimp head, the Bransens opened their clue and learned they must go to the Charleston Visitor Center and sign up for one of two charter buses, the first leaving at 3 pm, the second at 5 pm, heading to a mystery location. Joining the Bransens on the first bus were the Linz, Godlewski and Paolo families. Settling for the second bus were the Gaghans, Rogers, Schroeders, and Blacks.

Marion Paolo : We never thought we will ever make it on the first bus! Because our race strategy was simply to use the Fast Forward if there's one and at least bring home a trip prize reward or something because we knew we will never win that million bucks!
Tony Paolo : Now, honey... we could actually win this whole thing if we ever stop quarrelling.
DJ Paolo : That'll never happen, dream on.

Arriving in Huntsville, Alabama, the Teams on the first charter bus ripped open their next clue instructing them to drive five miles to the U.S. Space and Rocket Center and find the Edward O. Buckbee Hangar. Getting a quick jump on the other Teams out of the bus station, the Bransens arrived at the hangar in first place to encounter a special Family Edition Roadblock performed by two Team members. In this Roadblock, the Team members had to enter a centrifuge and ride the machine until gravity pressed on them at 3.2G.

The Bransens edged out the Godlewskis on a footrace to the Roadblock and grabbed the first ticket to complete the Roadblock.

Beth Bransen : Do you think i'll be disfigured if i do this Roadblock?
Wally Bransen : I can't do it, i'm too old and i'm not up for tasks like this.
Lindsay Bransen : Fine then, Beth and me will do it. *drags Beth on the centrifuge*
Lauren Bransen : Now if they are disfigured just by taking this Roadblock, i'll chop my head off.

The Bransen daughters withstood the pressure to earn their next clue instructing them to travel on foot one mile to Rocket Park and search for Saturn 5, the same kind of rocket that took man to the moon. Once there, they needed to enter the Space Museum, find a computer station, and log onto aol.com for their next clue.

In a close footrace to the pitstop between the Godlewskis and Bransens, one team eventually stepped onto the mat...

First time i tried this, really irritating isn't it?

It's coming, i promise!

Well, not really  Grin

Okay, just the last one!  Cool

Phil : Bransen family, with 560 points, you are team number one.
Wally Bransen : DO WE GET FREE GAS FOR LIFE?
Phil : Yes...
Lauren Bransen : I'm so glad, we are first for two times and we win free gas for LIFE!

Phil : Godlewski family, with 550 points, you are team number two.
Sharon Godlewski : We missed it again?
Tricia Godlewski : Aww, that's sad!

Phil : Linz family, with 490 points, you are team number three.
Nick Linz : Really, has the Weavers arrived yet?
Phil : They are already eliminated from the race, Linzes.
Tommy Linz : I suspect there must be hidden somewhere near the pitstop.
Megan Linz : REALLY, BOYS!

Phil : Paolo famly, with 450 points, you are team number four. But i'm warning you, don't hug me.
Tony Paolo : I was just about to do that!
Phil : Save it.

As the second bus arrived and teams complete their roadblock, teams raced to prevent themselves from being eliminated.

Phil : Gaghan family, with 440 points, you are team number five.
Carrisa Gaghan : We get a five! One-Two-Three-Four- HI FIVE! *dances around*
Bill Gaghan : Well done, kids!

Phil : Schroeder family, with 430 points, you are team number six.
Mark Schroeder : At least we tried. It's an amazing experience. *starts crying*
Stassi Schroeder : Dad, we are not last! Why are you crying?
Mark Schroeder : Really? I thought Phil said eight.
Phil : I didn't..
Char Schroeder : *gives another he is definitely not my husband look and walks away quietly*

As the Rogers and Blacks raced to the pitstop to prevent themselves from being eliminated, one team eventually won the footrace to the pitstop and jumped onto the mat..

This is fun, isn't it?

We should try it longer this time!

You are hating this, don't you?

It's coming right up!

Just another one!

Phil : Rogers family, with 400 points, you are team number seven!
Brittney Rogers : At least we tried, and we are still in the race.

Phil : Black family, with 360 points, you are the last team to arrive! I'm sorry but to tell you that you have been eliminated from The Amazing Race.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------

Leg Four :  Huntsville, AL to New Orleans, LA is now open for voting. Voting will continue until Tuesday.

Current Race Position :

1st - Bransen Family  
2nd - Godlewskis Family  
3rd - Linz Family  
4th - Paolo Family  
5th - Gaghan Family  
6th - Schroeder Family  
7th - Roger Family  
ELIMINATED - Black Family  
ELIMINATED - Aiello Family  
ELIMINATED - Weaver Family  
« Last Edit: Dec 2nd, 2005, 10:43am by Joab » IP Logged

David

Email

« Reply #27 on: Dec 2nd, 2005, 5:14pm »

1. Shroeder    
2. Linz    
3. Roger    
4. Godlewski    
5. Paolo    
6. Gaghan    
7. Bransen
IP Logged
AmberJ
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #28 on: Dec 2nd, 2005, 5:27pm »

1. Linz
2. Godlewski
3. Roger
4. Schroeder
5. Gaghan
6. Bransen
7. Paolo
IP Logged
Kendralynn
ForumsNet Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile Email

« Reply #29 on: Dec 2nd, 2005, 5:28pm »

1. Bransen
2. Roger
3. Schroeder
4. Gaghan
5. Paolo
6. Godlewski
7. Linz
IP Logged
Pages: all 1 2 3 4  ...  11 Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.