Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 20th, 2024, 7:13am

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « TAR: Make a Route! And the winner is... »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Amazing Race
   Fantasy Amazing Race Games
(Moderators: JP, Heather, Isle_be_back)
   TAR: Make a Route! And the winner is...
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: all 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30  ...  36 Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: TAR: Make a Route! And the winner is...  (Read 15817 times)
TAR 4 life

Email

Re: TAR: Make a Route! Leg 8 Route Info Is Posted!
« Reply #405 on: Oct 23rd, 2006, 6:42pm »

i swear! this is totally pre-determined!
IP Logged
Tyler
ForumsNet Member
USA 

TAOR5 Starts Soon!

331122624 331122624   racedude122003   racedude122003
View Profile WWW

« Reply #406 on: Oct 23rd, 2006, 6:43pm »

Okay, lol! i guess that's true...as if it wasn't...theres no way we would have had a 20 point lead in 4 legs...but...what happened to that lead on leg 7-8!! It's nearly gone!!
IP Logged
Dennis
ForumsNet Member
USA 

TAR Fanatic

View Profile

« Reply #407 on: Oct 23rd, 2006, 9:49pm »

WALKING:      
1. Nancy/Emily

BICYCLE:      
1. JVJ    
2. Uchenna and Joyce    

SKATEBOARD:      
1. Chris and Alex      

ROLLER BLADES:      
1. Wanda and Desiree    
IP Logged

TAR Fan For Life
t
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #408 on: Oct 24th, 2006, 2:30am »

Jo: We're fun-loving...
Mo: So it's an obvious choice.

WALKING:  
1. Nancy/Emily  

BICYCLE:  
1. JVJ      
2. Uchenna and Joyce      

SKATEBOARD:  
1. Chris and Alex  

ROLLER BLADES:  
1. Wanda and Desiree    
2. MoJo
IP Logged
TAR 4 life

Email

« Reply #409 on: Oct 25th, 2006, 3:32pm »

Previously, on The Amazing Race: Make a Route!...

The six teams left arrived in Sydney, Australia, and are making their way to the Queen Victoria Building. Just six teams remain. Who will be eliminated next, on The Amazing Race: Make a Route!?

*cue TAR music*

The teams arrived in Sydney, and are making their way to the Queen Victoria Building. The teams have chosen the following modes of transportation...

WALKING:  
Nancy/Emily  

BICYCLE:  
JVJ  
Uchenna and Joyce  

SKATEBOARD:  
Chris and Alex    

ROLLER BLADES:  
Wanda and Desiree      
MoJo  

Walking - +3 - You are easily able to weave in and out of people, thus being able to arrive quickly.

Bicycle - +13 - Pedalling quickly fatigues you, so it gets harder to move as you go along. Also, your backpacks' weight tilts your bike, making it even harder.

Skateboard - +8 - It is difficult for you to get going and steer, but you eventually get the hang of it.

Roller Blades - +18 - It takes a while to get in and out of them, and it becomes harder to maneuver through the people the closer you get.

DETOUR: BOTANY or BOTANIC

In botany, go to Circular Quay and find a large sand pit measuring 2 metres on each side. Search among the sand for a post card with a picture of the location of the next clue box.

(Go to this link: http://www.cityofsydney.nsw.gov.au/AboutSydney/images/CityVillages/Map_T heRocks.jpg and tell me three things on the east side of the picture)

In botanic, go to the Royal Botanic Gardens and search the entire gardens for a poster on a tree with a picture of the location of the next clue box.

(Go to http://www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/rsrc/Images/BirdsEyeView/Royal-Botanic-G ardens.jpg and tell me the name of a building or street in the picture)

Deadline is Friday, October 27, 2006 at 10 PM EST.
IP Logged
Joab
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

Re: TAR: Make a Route! Leg 8 DETOUR Is Up!
« Reply #410 on: Oct 25th, 2006, 6:40pm »

Walking - +18 - As the distance is long, and you have your backpacks with you.. you will get fatigue easily and hence this option will be the slowest.

Bicycle - +3 - As the distance is long, you will be able to pedal your way without any problem to the next destination. Even though your back packs weight will tilt a little on your bike, it will be NOT a hindrance because you'll have to try it yourself.

Skateboard - +13 - The distance is long and you'll die doing the same push-kick action along with your back packs to the next destination. But it's better than walking.

Roller Blades - +8 - The distance is long, but you have got WHEELS on your leg! And i'll assure you that getting in and out of the roller blades won't take you more than 3 fricking minutes.

I can have it this way too isn't it? And i have ONE main constant variable too, which is the distance is LONG. And even if the distance is SHORT, it doesn't make a difference cause it's self-explainary.

Whatever.

Funny Chris/Alex just always gets the better choice than us. Wait, no wonder he's gaining ground on us.
« Last Edit: Oct 25th, 2006, 6:43pm by Joab » IP Logged

Vote in The Amazing Race Survival Battle -
http://www.forumsnet.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=tar5game;action=display;num=1229008287
Tyler
ForumsNet Member
USA 

TAOR5 Starts Soon!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #411 on: Oct 25th, 2006, 6:41pm »

I agree...Do you think John Vito....will get fatigued from riding on a fricken bicycle....No, he's one of the most fit people to ever be on the show....
« Last Edit: Oct 25th, 2006, 6:43pm by Tyler » IP Logged
LittleBoy
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

The Amazing Race !!!

View Profile Email

« Reply #412 on: Oct 25th, 2006, 6:48pm »

I agree. Nancy/Emily wants to catch up on being last and they got the SLOWEST option. Huh
« Last Edit: Oct 25th, 2006, 6:48pm by LittleBoy » IP Logged
Joab
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #413 on: Oct 25th, 2006, 6:50pm »

No LB, they got the SLOWEST option with the MOST points.
IP Logged

http://www.forumsnet.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=tar5game;action=display;num=1229008287
Tyler
ForumsNet Member
USA 

TAOR5 Starts Soon!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #414 on: Oct 25th, 2006, 6:51pm »

He is trying to make it so there is a shake up in the ranking and it looks a bit obdvious what is happening here. In my opinion, he can restart accumilated points instead of make up a bunch of crap.
« Last Edit: Oct 25th, 2006, 6:54pm by Tyler » IP Logged
TAR 4 life

Email

« Reply #415 on: Oct 26th, 2006, 7:23am »

I'm trying my best to make this a FUN and ENJOYABLE game, and quite frankly, I really don't appreciate some of the nasty remarks being made. You signed up to play this, and you have followed through. Thank you, for that. It is not an obligation to play this game. You can withdraw at any time if you really don't want to play. The comments made were completely unnecessary, and if you really want to discuss the game, please feel free to PM me at any time right here: http://www.forumsnet.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=tar5game;action=vie wprofile;username=TAR_4_life. Having said this, what's done is done, and everything I have done in this game was intentional, meaning that I did not rig it. It is very easy for me to sign up for one of your games and criticize you the way you have criticized me. However, I have made the decision not to, and therefore, I hope I have made your lives better! This game takes a lot of work, effort, and cooperation from ALL of you. Without that, this game is a bust! Guys, we really need to pull it together if we want to have a good time here. Loosen up, it's a game.

IP Logged
Dennis
ForumsNet Member
USA 

TAR Fanatic

View Profile

« Reply #416 on: Oct 26th, 2006, 7:54am »

I agree with you TAR 4 Life. Currently my team has been in the back of the pack for a while now and you don't see me complaining about it. Sure I write little scenes with my team, but I never criticize the way the game was made. Heck, I wouldn't even be able to create such a great game as this one. It's so much fun, and I enjoy playing it. Unlike some other TAR games I've played, this one is so much like the real race itself, and I admire that. Good Job TAR 4 Life. I think that the people complaining above are just worried that they won't get 1st in the next leg. Blah blah blah about that.
IP Logged

TAR Fan For Life
Joab
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #417 on: Oct 26th, 2006, 8:07am »

on Oct 26th, 2006, 7:54am, musicman85 wrote:
I agree with you TAR 4 Life. Currently my team has been in the back of the pack for a while now and you don't see me complaining about it. Sure I write little scenes with my team, but I never criticize the way the game was made. Heck, I wouldn't even be able to create such a great game as this one. It's so much fun, and I enjoy playing it. Unlike some other TAR games I've played, this one is so much like the real race itself, and I admire that. Good Job TAR 4 Life. I think that the people complaining above are just worried that they won't get 1st in the next leg. Blah blah blah about that.

We are complaining because we are affected most. Not because we want to win. If I even cared about winning, i would have bothered to wake up everytime TAR 4 Life told us when the clue will be posted. I wanted to enjoy this game but this obviously isn't happening. Sorry. Sad
IP Logged

LittleBoy
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

The Amazing Race !!!

View Profile Email

« Reply #418 on: Oct 26th, 2006, 9:05am »

1. I just feel that it is plain ridiculous to have walking faster than cycling. If it is so, why human have chosen to invent wheels??

2. It is very obvious that our fate in the game is not determined by our effort, but by TAR 4 life's decisions.  

3. I would not have chosen to spend 1 hour trying to search for the fastest flight from Moscow to New Delhi if i knew i could just catch up so easily.

4. Nobody will waste his time to criticise anything/somebody if there is nothing to criticise about.

5. I am looking for a game that I can enjoy. I must admit i did enjoy your game at the beginning, but the things and tasks you have posted this few previous legs have made me felt less so.

6. If you are in our shoes, you would have felt the same as we are feeling right now. We do not go around slapping others without a reson for doing so.

7. There are other ways to improve the game, not necessarily by weird decisions or forceful bunching.

8. Take criticisms as a way to improve yourself

9. I had fun from Legs 1- 4 and 5, but not now.

10. I may join your games in the future (if it is of more fun , reasonable and enjoyable than this), but for now I decide to quit.
IP Logged
Tyler
ForumsNet Member
USA 

TAOR5 Starts Soon!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #419 on: Oct 26th, 2006, 9:05am »

I quit too.
IP Logged
Pages: all 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30  ...  36 Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.