Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 28th, 2024, 11:12am

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « TAR: Make a Route! And the winner is... »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Amazing Race
   Fantasy Amazing Race Games
(Moderators: JP, Heather, Isle_be_back)
   TAR: Make a Route! And the winner is...
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: all 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32  ...  36 Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: TAR: Make a Route! And the winner is...  (Read 15756 times)
Tyler
ForumsNet Member
USA 

TAOR5 Starts Soon!

331122624 331122624   racedude122003   racedude122003
View Profile WWW

Re: TAR: Make a Route! Leg 8 DETOUR Is Up!
« Reply #435 on: Oct 26th, 2006, 3:42pm »

I'll admit that some of my comments came off a tad bit rude and sometimes I do let the anger get the best of me. I am just frustrated how Popo and I (not sure about LittleBoy) have been playing the game no differently. I'm sure Chris/Alex hasn't been playing the game any differently. There is no way a group of 2 teams who gets a 30 point lead over the others in the first 5 legs suddenly loses it all in the matter of 2-3 legs. I just don't understand how that happens. I've heard from someone that said they sent in the clue 2 minutes after you posted it and they were scored in like 6th. I just wish that the game was more in control of the people playing it. It's too much of a big guess! I don't see the fun in guessing which flight is better. Which option is better? For detours, it should be to where we do whichever we want and are scored on how we submit it in. Not which one we choose. I have never seen Phil or production say, "Okay, you have to wait an extra hour since your detour is the lagging one". Never. It needs to be more in our control! It wouldn't be as boring because we are actually doing somthing besides guessing, ya know...? The roadblock...Well, I don't know how you can walk 20KM or w/e measurement you used faster then you can on a bike. Walking is about 2-3 MPH. Bike's are about 15+ MPH. Your saying we would get fatigued on a bike. Well, maybe. Maybe not. Do you really think a big guy like John Vito would get fatigued from riding on a bike. He was one of the strongest men to play on the race. Jill was one of the best females to compete on the race. I just don't understand, how you can think that it would be quicker to walk then ride a bike... It makes me and the people who chose that option feel like it's the slower one for a reason. Especially at the rate we have been losing points AND considering that we had a huge lead and all that. It just sounds to me as if you were trying to cut our lead down and make the game more interesting. Don't get me wrong, Popo and I are bored to death at the domination and would absolutely LOVE for it to be more exciting. But the way your doing it isn't exactly the way that would work the best for anyone...I think the best way would be to reset the points. Neither of us would have been mad at you. Anyways, it's your game, not mine. I'm not going to tell you how you can make it better for everyone to play. Just watch/play in Popo's game which will be up within the rest of 2006 and you'll see. Just my two cents.
IP Logged
TAR 4 life

Email

« Reply #436 on: Oct 26th, 2006, 3:49pm »

Quote:
Do you really think a big guy like John Vito would get fatigued from riding on a bike. He was one of the strongest men to play on the race. Jill was one of the best females to compete on the race.

Lyn and Karlyn are byfar not the most fit people in TAR10, but they outlasted Kellie and Jamie and Vipul and Arti, which were two teams made of very athletic people. so, athleticism has absolutely nothing to do with placement.
IP Logged
TAR 4 life

Email

« Reply #437 on: Oct 26th, 2006, 3:51pm »

as of now, i would like the discussion on the "unfairness" of this game to STOP, or i will alert a moderator.

thanks, and redwings8831,t, and musicman85, let's finish up this game CLEAN and FUN!  Cheesy
IP Logged
Tyler
ForumsNet Member
USA 

TAOR5 Starts Soon!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #438 on: Oct 26th, 2006, 3:52pm »

That has nothing to do with it. Lyn/Karlyn are fat moms in there 30's (no offense because I like them) and aren't athletic.  

Your saying you would get fatigued on a bike....Which is stupid because even I don't get fatigued on a bike and I'm not that fit myself.
IP Logged
TAR 4 life

Email

« Reply #439 on: Oct 26th, 2006, 3:58pm »

alright, whatever, you're right. can we just stop and still be friends?
IP Logged
Tyler
ForumsNet Member
USA 

TAOR5 Starts Soon!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #440 on: Oct 26th, 2006, 4:01pm »

lol...I suppose.
IP Logged
redwings8831
ForumsNet Member
USA 

MICHIGAN 81, DUKE 73!!!!!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #441 on: Oct 26th, 2006, 4:09pm »

on Oct 26th, 2006, 3:51pm, TAR 4 life wrote:
as of now, i would like the discussion on the "unfairness" of this game to STOP, or i will alert a moderator.

thanks, and redwings8831,t, and musicman85, let's finish up this game CLEAN and FUN!  Cheesy

At least now I have a chance to win. I have to admit, it was kind of weird having the order on each leg be the same each time. Also, what are you going to do with only three teams left and still five or six legs??
IP Logged
Tyler
ForumsNet Member
USA 

TAOR5 Starts Soon!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #442 on: Oct 26th, 2006, 4:12pm »

Exactly what I was thinking...IMO he should run 1 more leg after this...Equalize points for the next....then have another after that with each player a few points away from the other...between the next leg and the last...
IP Logged
Joab
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #443 on: Oct 26th, 2006, 6:26pm »

musicman85 - If we are whining about how we will not be in the lead anymore and not win this, we would have stayed on this game because we really want to win right? Now you finally get a chance in the final 3 because 3 players quit, aren't you happy that the BEST player got in the final 3 because 3 players quit? I just think that you, who keep saying that we are complaining because we will lose our lead, isn't very fair to us either.

Can you imagine if you picked Bike at the last Detour thinkiing it's definitely the fatest, and Wanda/Desiree and Joseph/Monica picked Walk? Now instead of catching up over 15 points with the both of them, you'll lag back over 15 points with them instead. Don't tell me you won't be disappointed by then by the decision that TAR 4 Life made to make Bike one of the slowest choice.

This isn't anything about discussion about unfairness by the way. It's about to think before you speak.

I'm out of here. Sad Cry
« Last Edit: Oct 26th, 2006, 6:37pm by Joab » IP Logged

Vote in The Amazing Race Survival Battle -
http://www.forumsnet.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=tar5game;action=display;num=1229008287
TAR 4 life

Email

« Reply #444 on: Oct 26th, 2006, 6:54pm »

on Oct 26th, 2006, 4:12pm, RaCeDuDe wrote:
Exactly what I was thinking...IMO he should run 1 more leg after this...Equalize points for the next....then have another after that with each player a few points away from the other...between the next leg and the last...

PLEASE stop trying to run our game!!!

the legs will continue on as normally, except they will all be "point accumulation" legs. meaning that no one will be eliminated throughout the rest of the race, but you will always be earning points no matter what. it like one looooong finale.
IP Logged
redwings8831
ForumsNet Member
USA 

MICHIGAN 81, DUKE 73!!!!!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #445 on: Oct 26th, 2006, 6:59pm »

ok, that works Smiley
IP Logged
Tyler
ForumsNet Member
USA 

TAOR5 Starts Soon!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #446 on: Oct 26th, 2006, 7:25pm »

on Oct 26th, 2006, 6:54pm, TAR 4 life wrote:

PLEASE stop trying to run our game!!!

the legs will continue on as normally, except they will all be "point accumulation" legs. meaning that no one will be eliminated throughout the rest of the race, but you will always be earning points no matter what. it like one looooong finale.

Excuse me! Don't even begin to tell me  I was running your game. If you read what I put I said "In my Opinion" at the beginning. NOT do this and this and this so it can be awesome.  I have the right to give a suggestion. I think it would be more fun and exciting and a much more close finish that way. I
IP Logged
Tyler
ForumsNet Member
USA 

TAOR5 Starts Soon!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #447 on: Oct 26th, 2006, 7:29pm »

I suggested that because you have 20 points between what is now 1st and 2nd and like 8 between 3rd. I was just trying to help you make a more exciting finish.
IP Logged
t
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #448 on: Oct 27th, 2006, 3:27am »

Enough with the arguing please!
IP Logged
TAR 4 life

Email

« Reply #449 on: Oct 27th, 2006, 8:52pm »

Previously, on The Amazing Race: Make a Route!

The six remaining teams made their way to the detour, Botany or Botanic. However, on the way there, drama unfolded. Three of the teams were upset with the way with the producers were running the show, so they decided to quit the game, which leaves us with our final three teams-Chris and Alex, Nancy and Emily, and Joseph and Monica. Only three teams remain. Who will be eliminated next, on The Amazing Race: Make a Route!?

*cue TAR music*

The teams completed the roadblock in the following order:

BOTANY
Joseph and Monica (+10)

BOTANIC
Chris and Alex (+5)
Nancy and Emily (+8 )

ROADBLOCK: Who can walk and talk better?

The team must let their selected team-mate be driven away to a secret location, which is a bench 400 metres away from the Sydney Opera House. Then, they must use walkie-talkies to ask their team-mate where they have been taken. After a description of the location, they must then find their team-mate.

(send me the URL in which you found this: "Big Fat Tree

A good Christmas tree is a must!")

Deadline and Pitstop is Sunday, October 29, 2006 at 7 PM EST.

YIELD!

This is the second of only three yields hidden on the entire race. The first team to find it and decide to use it will be able to stop another team for +15, with no penalty for the team who used it.
« Last Edit: Oct 28th, 2006, 10:20am by TAR_4_life » IP Logged
Pages: all 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32  ...  36 Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.