Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 23rd, 2024, 3:18pm

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Popo's TAR 10 Fantasy Game! [WINNER ANNOUNCED] »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Amazing Race
   Fantasy Amazing Race Games
(Moderators: JP, Heather, Isle_be_back)
   Popo's TAR 10 Fantasy Game! [WINNER ANNOUNCED]
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: all 1 2 3 4 5  ...  38 Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Popo's TAR 10 Fantasy Game! [WINNER ANNOUNCED]  (Read 17417 times)
Tyler
ForumsNet Member
USA 

TAOR5 Starts Soon!

331122624 331122624   racedude122003   racedude122003
View Profile WWW

Re: Popo's The Amazing Race 10 Fantasy Game!
« Reply #30 on: Jul 29th, 2006, 2:10am »

Is it the 1st 13 people? Or do you pick 13 out of all the people there are..because if its that way im so screwed LMAO
IP Logged
David

Email

« Reply #31 on: Aug 4th, 2006, 4:05pm »

I'm good, right?
IP Logged
Joab
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #32 on: Aug 4th, 2006, 6:34pm »

I'm doing it slowly cause i still have like 43 days to let 5 people to sign up. Wink
IP Logged

Vote in The Amazing Race Survival Battle -
http://www.forumsnet.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=tar5game;action=display;num=1229008287
Joab
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #33 on: Aug 13th, 2006, 2:05am »

Guys, the show is starting on 17th September!

I still have 5 spots available! Grin
IP Logged

http://www.forumsnet.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=tar5game;action=display;num=1229008287
Kiwi_Jay
ForumsNet Member
New_Zealand 

LovingToni/Dall as/Kelly/Christ y/Ken/Tina/Nick /Star

View Profile

« Reply #34 on: Aug 13th, 2006, 2:06am »

what spots are left
IP Logged

Love TAR13 Bring on Season 14
Joab
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #35 on: Aug 13th, 2006, 2:08am »

Kiwi, you have to read the rules and instructions on the first page to play this game.
IP Logged

Joab
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #36 on: Aug 13th, 2006, 2:10am »

Overview

In this game, all you have to do each week is to answer 10 to 20 simple questions to predict the outcome of the race each week to gain more points for yourself throughout the game! Nothing else you have to do! Just sit back, enjoy and relax while you watch the game unfold each week.

To sign up, you have to fulfill a few requirement :

1. You must be an active member on forumsnet, who is able to commit yourself to at least a few hours of internet each week to ensure the game continue on smoothly without any interruption.

2. Of course, you must be an avid fan of The Amazing Race. Grin

How do I sign up?

This game is only available to 13 players only, so sign up before the spots are taken up.

To sign up, send in your application to me via PM, with a pre-season ranking of the 13 teams (you have to include the extra team that has not been revealed somewhere in your list) and name me ONE team you don't want me to assign to you at all.

After which, all you have to do is to wait for me to reveal the 13 chosen players for Popo's The Amazing Race 10 Fantasy Game!

Game Play

After revealing the 13 players for this game, the game will officially start. Each of the 13 players will have 2 teams randomly assigned to them (according to your ranking that you will be sending in to me, of course i'll try and assign to you your favourite team) and each week during The Amazing Race 10, the two teams assigned to you will gain or lose points for you according to how they perform each leg on the show each week.

The player with the lowest points each week will be eliminated. However, the only time when a player will not be eliminated from the race is when the leg happens to be a non-elimination or a TBC leg. Part of your score will be accumulated each week, and the player at the end of the game with the most accumulated score will be crowned the official winner of Popo's The Amazing Race 10 Fanatasy Game!

Sound simple? Join in the fun by signing up right now!

Points System

Depending on when a team finishes a Detour or Roadblock (the task that appears first on the show which does not affect the ranking of the teams much), they get the following points:

First: 36
Second: 33  
Third: 30
Fourth: 27  
Fifth: 24
Sixth: 21
Seventh: 18  
Eighth: 15
Ninth: 12
Tenth: 9
Eleventh: 6
Twelth: 3
Thirteenth: 0

Depending on when a team finishes a Detour or Roadblock (the task that appears second on the show which will affect the ranking of the teams very much), they get the following points:

First: 60
Second: 55  
Third: 50
Fourth: 45  
Fifth: 40
Sixth: 35
Seventh: 30  
Eighth: 25
Ninth: 20
Tenth: 15
Eleventh: 10
Twelth: 5

Depending on when the teams check in at the Pit Stop, they get the following points:

First: 96
Second: 88  
Third: 80
Fourth: 72  
Fifth: 64
Sixth: 56
Seventh: 48  
Eighth: 40
Ninth: 32
Tenth: 24
Eleventh: 16
Twelth: 8

There are also a few ways that teams can pick up points from:

1. If a team is on the first flight out of a country they are in, they get 20 points (if there is only one flight out of the country, this is null and void.)  

2. If a team uses the Yield, they get 50 points.  

3. However, if a team is Yielded, they lose 50 points.  

4. If a team uses the Fast Forward, they get 250 points.

5. If a team wins a prize in addition to coming in first on a leg, they get 20 points.

6. If a team starts and ends any leg in the same position, that team will still earn a 20 points bonus. However, this will not apply to any team that starts in last and finishes last.

7. If on any leg a team starts in last and finishes first, that team will earn a 100 points bonus.

8. If on any leg a team starts in first and finishes last, that team will earn a 100 points penalty.

Teams will also be awarded special bonuses for each leg:

+75 BJ & Tyler's wits will keep us in the race (For the team who thought the smartest during the leg)

+50 Eric & Jeremy's strength will be with us (For the luckiest team during the leg)

+50 Kris & Jon's love will keep us together (For the team that gets along best during the leg)

+50 Fran & Barry's perseverance will bring us further (For the team who tried the hardest and never give up during the leg)

+30 Enjoying the view bonus (For any team that enjoy and appreciate their surroundings during the leg)

However, teams will also be awarded special penalties for each leg:

-75 Jonathan & Victoria's bickerings will cost us the race (For the team that complains and quarrel the most during the leg)

-50 Danielle & Dani's cluelessness will bring us no where (For the team who just didn't think enough during the leg)

-50 Weaver Family is NO hypocrite! (For the team who just deserves to have points minus off them for being annoying and irritating.)

-50 Lost in the Sahara Desert! (For the team who have no idea where they are going during the leg and appears to be very lost!)

At the end of each leg, I will give each team a Wildcard bonus, based on one thing that stuck out to me during the leg. This bonus can range anywhere from +75 points to –75 points.  

Players can pick up bonuses as well:

1. If their two teams are FIRST and SECOND to check in at any Pit Stop (no other combination is accepted for this bonus), they get a bonus 200 points.

2. By answering 10-20 questions in each prediction round before each leg starts which is worth 20 points per question.

3. By using your Yield on one other player, you will get a bonus of 100 points. The player Yielded will lose 100 points instead. Besides, the player Yielded will also receive 50% lesser points from the team(s) that he/she still have.

There are a total of 3 Yields on the entire game.

4. By using your Fast Forward, you will automatically rise to first place and gain a 200 points bonus ahead of the leader. If the leader decides to go for the Fast Forward, he/she will gain 200 points.

There are a total of 3 Fast Forwards on the entire game.

Players can only use their Yield and Fast Forward only once in the race, so they have to decide when is the best time to use it. However, there is no limit to the number of times a player can be Yielded.

I hope the rules are clear and please post your enquiries if you are unsure of anything.

I'll just post it again on the third page. Grin
IP Logged

Joab
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #37 on: Aug 24th, 2006, 10:52pm »

3 more slots for signup!
IP Logged

Genius
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Asian engineering!

View Profile

« Reply #38 on: Aug 28th, 2006, 4:31am »

I hope I get the teams I want.
IP Logged

TAR14: Tammy and Victor
S18: Brendan, Taj, Spencer
Joab
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #39 on: Aug 28th, 2006, 4:37am »

LAST SPOT LEFT!!
IP Logged

Tyler
ForumsNet Member
USA 

TAOR5 Starts Soon!

331122624 331122624   racedude122003   racedude122003
View Profile WWW

Re: Popo's The Amazing Race 10 Fantasy Game![LASTS
« Reply #40 on: Aug 28th, 2006, 7:04pm »

lol sorry but these smilies are effing amazing lol...who we got signed up so far popo
IP Logged
Joab
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #41 on: Aug 29th, 2006, 9:13am »

Lol, i can just say i still have one last spot left. Embarassed
IP Logged

Joab
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #42 on: Aug 30th, 2006, 1:28am »

Here's the first twist to this game -

There will only be 12 players each with 2 teams assigned. The twist is that if there is indeed an 'extra team' on the race, the 2 players with the first team eliminated from the race will have the 'extra team' replacing their eliminated team.

Of course if there's no 'extra team' on the race, then all will be good.

Here comes the second twist -

You'll each be assigned two teams from the ranking that you have sent in to me. However, you'll be given only one team from your top 5, while the other from your bottom 6. (Not including the team that you do not want at all)

Players

CallMeRob
Dustin and Kandice
David and Mary

RaCeDuDe
Rob and Kimberly
Tom and Terry

Julia
Peter and Sarah
Tom and Terry

Genius
Tyler and James
Bilal and Sa'eed

Heather
Lyn and Karlyn
Duke and Lauren

Arch Angel
Dustin and Kandice
Duke and Lauren

David
Vipul and Arti
Erwin and Godwin

Redwings
Kellie and Jamie
Lyn and Karlyn

LittleBoy
Tyler and James
Rob and Kimberly

Teresa
Kellie and Jamie
David and Mary

Odvesims
Bilal and Sa'eed
Vipul and Arti

t
Peter and Sarah
Erwin and Godwin

I tried assigning everyone their favourites, but i can't possibly cater to all. Sorry to those who didn't get their favourite team.

Leaderboard

I'll be posting the Prediction Round for the first leg soon! Keep a lookout! Wink
« Last Edit: Aug 30th, 2006, 1:47am by Joab » IP Logged

t
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

Re: Popo's TAR 10 Fantasy Game! [Players UP]
« Reply #43 on: Aug 30th, 2006, 4:28am »

YAY, t is in the house!

I'm glad I got Peter and Sara, I guess I'll make do with Erwin and Godwin.
IP Logged
Genius
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Asian engineering!

View Profile

Re: Popo's TAR 10 Fantasy Game! [Players UP]
« Reply #44 on: Aug 30th, 2006, 6:30am »

Quote:
Sorry to those who didn't get their favourite team.

Yeah, right......
IP Logged

TAR14: Tammy and Victor
S18: Brendan, Taj, Spencer
Pages: all 1 2 3 4 5  ...  38 Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.