Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 20th, 2024, 4:56pm

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « TAR: Me And My Friends - FINISH LINE! page86 »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Amazing Race
   Fantasy Amazing Race Games
(Moderators: JP, Heather, Isle_be_back)
   TAR: Me And My Friends - FINISH LINE! page86
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: all 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9  ...  87 Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: TAR: Me And My Friends - FINISH LINE! page86  (Read 31417 times)
Tyler
ForumsNet Member
USA 

TAOR5 Starts Soon!

331122624 331122624   racedude122003   racedude122003
View Profile WWW

Re: TAR: Me And My Friends - Arch Angel!, RaCeDuDe
« Reply #90 on: Oct 26th, 2006, 2:00pm »

I'm ready to begin sicne I quit that game of nonsense.
IP Logged
TARfan1
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

Re: TAR: Me And My Friends - Arch Angel!, RaCeDuDe
« Reply #91 on: Oct 26th, 2006, 2:22pm »

Yay now ArchAngel is da only 1
IP Logged

Fav Shows: The Amazing Race, The Biggest Loser, Despeare Housewives, LOST
Puppet
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

biting your head off

View Profile

Re: TAR: Me And My Friends - Arch Angel check in!
« Reply #92 on: Oct 26th, 2006, 10:43pm »

I dont mind starting
IP Logged

Survivor Gabon: Matty|Sugar
t
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

Re: TAR: Me And My Friends - Arch Angel check in!
« Reply #93 on: Oct 27th, 2006, 3:24am »

Yay!! Everyone is here. OK, we'll start tomorrow at about 4.15PM EST (I have to open HoH competition on my BB game.)  

I shall only move onto the following clues in this game when everyone has done the necessary tasks.

If you're gonna be away some time soon, please let me know.
IP Logged
JP
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

Ditch IE. Use Firefox.

293041687 293041687     jezzieflanigan
View Profile WWW Email

Re: TAR: Me And My Friends - Game begins tomorrow!
« Reply #94 on: Oct 27th, 2006, 3:49pm »

I'm not sure, but shouldn't the clue be up today? Or tomorrow?

t, maybe next time you can post the date as well. I've set my forum clock to my time, and it's hard to figure out whose tomorrow you are talking about. Wink
IP Logged
Heather
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Yami+Setsu
View Profile Email

« Reply #95 on: Oct 27th, 2006, 5:46pm »

Do we have to be on at that time?

Because we're going out to eat tomorrow night. then tomorrow i'm going to be at my aunts house in the evening.
IP Logged

http://www.tengaged.com/user/supergoten
^please click this link as often as you want, give me free money on tengaged Cheesy
Tyler
ForumsNet Member
USA 

TAOR5 Starts Soon!

331122624 331122624   racedude122003   racedude122003
View Profile WWW

« Reply #96 on: Oct 27th, 2006, 5:48pm »

I can't be on at 4:15 tomorrow...
IP Logged
Alexander
ForumsNet Member
Mexico 

Charla and Mirna shall win Allstars!

Karkadam+Mirror
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #97 on: Oct 27th, 2006, 6:38pm »

We all start at the same time?
IP Logged

My TOP 7 teams:
1.The Weavers!
2. Charla & Mirna
3. Aaron & Arianne
4. Meredith & Gretchen
5. Brian & Greg
6. Peggy & Claire
7. Paul & Amie
t
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #98 on: Oct 28th, 2006, 3:11am »

No, it's not live. Don't worry though. There will be no deadline, I'll wait for you all to do the tasks.

We will start today (Saturday 28th) at what is 4.15PM EST in real time, not board time.

I'm afraid I don't know what that time is in Asia.
IP Logged
Alexander
ForumsNet Member
Mexico 

Charla and Mirna shall win Allstars!

Karkadam+Mirror
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #99 on: Oct 28th, 2006, 9:26am »

Puffff its 3:00 on here, lol I'm sick so there won't be anything to interfer with me... hopefully....
CAN'T WAIT TO GET THIS STARTED!  
HEY T ARE YOU POSTING CLUE BY clue or all at the same time?
IP Logged

My TOP 7 teams:
1.The Weavers!
2. Charla & Mirna
3. Aaron & Arianne
4. Meredith & Gretchen
5. Brian & Greg
6. Peggy & Claire
7. Paul & Amie
JP
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

Ditch IE. Use Firefox.

293041687 293041687     jezzieflanigan
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #100 on: Oct 28th, 2006, 10:01am »

That's 4:15 AM here in the Philippines and Singapore, but that's fine I think.
IP Logged
Joab
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #101 on: Oct 28th, 2006, 10:04am »

Just post the clue at anytime lol. There's bound to be people who don't "care" and didn't do the task.
IP Logged

Vote in The Amazing Race Survival Battle -
http://www.forumsnet.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=tar5game;action=display;num=1229008287
t
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #102 on: Oct 28th, 2006, 10:34am »

I'll post the clues, which I made, thanks to RaCeDuDe giving me some templates a few months ago when I joined the forums.

I need commitment from all you guys, but I can trust you guys. Time to carry on making the opening speech thingy...
IP Logged
Joab
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #103 on: Oct 28th, 2006, 10:35am »

Marshall : What's up with Phil, that tweeny _____! (insert nasty word here)
Lance : Get your ass in and start the game!!!! @#$%^&*()
IP Logged

Vote in The Amazing Race Survival Battle -
http://www.forumsnet.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=tar5game;action=display;num=1229008287
t
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #104 on: Oct 28th, 2006, 3:15pm »

*Music starts and we see sights of Washington D.C.*

The United States of America, Land of the Free, Home of the Brave. It is the most powerful country in the modern world, not just in opinion, but more or less in fact. I am standing here in Washington D.C., the capital city of the USA. Home to many historic sights, this city is the starting point in a race around the world.

The starting line is here; the Washington Monument.

The 11 teams are being transported here by helicopters. Each team is made up of a previous Amazing Race team, along with an Amazing Race fan from Metropolis Reality Forums, making them teams of 3. The 11 teams are:

RaCeDuDe, Rob and Amber. Rob and Amber (a.k.a. Romber) are an engaged couple that we first met on Survivor. They also went on The Amazing Race 7 and finished in second place. They completed the race after accomplishing many tasks, as well as getting first place finishes. This successful pair is joined by RaCeDuDe, who is from Indiana.

TAR 4 Life, Nancy and Emily. Nancy and Emily took part in The Amazing Race 1. Their contrasting characters didn’t do too much damage to their race, however they weren’t in the front of the pack a lot. Despite that, they finished in fifth place. This popular team is joined by TAR 4 Life, who would like to live in a vast number of places in the world, since he once said so in the forums.

TARfan1, Duke and Lauren. Duke and Lauren are the father and daughter team that appeared on The Amazing Race 10. They had good Pit Stop results at first, despite some personality differences, although they were eliminated in Leg 3 and ended up finishing in ninth place. They are joined by TARfan1, and she joined the Metropolis Forums just a few weeks ago.

Redwings8831, Chris and Alex. Chris and Alex are friends from Boston that won The Amazing Race 2. They had some bad and some good results along the way. Although, in the end they beat Tara and Wil to the Finish Line in a footrace. Their other team-mate is Redwings8831, a football supporter from Michigan.

Alexander, Charla and Mirna. Charla and Mirna (a.k.a. Mirna and Schmirna) are the cousins from The Amazing Race 5. More famous for their arch rivalry with Colin and Christie, these cousins did have mostly good results, finishing in second 3 times. However, in the end they ended up in sixth place. They are racing with Alexander, a Mexican Amazing Race fan who is eager to take part.

Kiwi_Jay, Lisa and Joni. Lisa and Joni (a.k.a. The Frosties) were the Southern-accented sisters from The Amazing Race 9. They hadn’t seen much of each other before they applied for the Race, so The Amazing Race 9 was a good time to spend time together. However, they only managed tenth place. They are joined by Kiwi_Jay, an Amazing Race fan from New Zealand.

Arch Angel, Tyler and James. Tyler and James are models and friends that are currently appearing in The Amazing Race 10. They could be described as alpha males, as they have mainly had good results, until it went downhill starting two weeks ago. They have reached the Final-6 though. They are with Arch Angel for this race, who is from Singapore and enthusiastic about his favorite teams.

JP, Lena and Kristy. Lena and Kristy are sisters that appeared on The Amazing Race 6. They had a good result on the first leg, but after that things went badly, especially Lena at a certain hay roadblock in Sweden. In the end, they finished in ninth place. Their team-mate is JP from the Philippines, who is a Moderator in the Metropolis Forums and also does website design.

Peetah, Rob and Brennan. Rob and Brennan are the winners from The Amazing Race 1, even though they had never left the USA before the Race. They are lawyers, although they could be described as alpha males too. They had Top-3 finishes in all but 2 legs. The person they shall race with is Peetah, a TAR fan from the USA that would not give up the chance to come on The Amazing Race.

Heather, Erwin and Godwin. Erwin and Godwin (a.k.a. The Cho Brothers) are still in The Amazing Race 10, who managed to make first place in Leg 3. They are brothers who have actually played with toy guns in an airport. However, despite that they are serious about the Race. The name of their team-mate is Heather, who is also a Moderator from the forums.

Popo, Marshall and Lance. Marshall and Lance are pizza making brothers from The Amazing Race 5. They weren’t too keen on fellow MAMF racers Charla and Mirna in TAR5. These brothers spent about half of their race having poor Pit Stop results, and they were the first team to quit the Race before the Pit Stop, due to Marshall’s bad knee. They race with Popo now, who is a really active member from the forums and he lives in Singapore.

Can these 11 teams take on the pressure of the Race, along with their new members? Will they get along well? Will they break down? Can they trust others or form rivalries with others? And most importantly, who has what it takes to win? Those questions will all be answered as we begin The Amazing Race: Me And My Friends.

*Phil walks off and in the next scene, he is with the 11 teams.*

In just a few minutes you’ll be leaving on a race around the world. This Race is different to all previous seasons, because it has 15 legs and most of the destinations and countries have never been visited on The Amazing Race before. At the end of each leg is a Pit Stop. 8 of these Pit Stops are elimination points, so you need to get to them as fast as you can, because if you’re last, you will be eliminated.  

When I give you the word, you must run over to your backpacks, open your first clue, then hop into one of the marked cars and drive to the airport.  

What you do after that is completely up to you. After 15 legs, the team that is first to cross the Finish Line will win $1,000,000. The world is waiting for you.

*Phil starts to raise his arm.*

Good luck…….

Travel safe…………

GO!!!!

*The teams all run off to their backpacks and clues at 12:00 PM (noon.)*

You have $100 for this leg of the Race.

For now, we will only do the sign-ups for flights. Once everyone is on a flight, we will do Tasks 2 and 3.

Here are the sign-up lists:

United Airlines:

British Airways:

Qantas Airways:

Add your team name to one list. Copy and paste all three though when you sign up.  

« Last Edit: Oct 28th, 2006, 3:23pm by t » IP Logged
Pages: all 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9  ...  87 Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.