Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 20th, 2024, 1:50am

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Zabrina and Joe Jer »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Amazing Race
   Amazing Race - Asia
(Moderators: JP, Joab, Isle_be_back)
   Zabrina and Joe Jer
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: all 1 2 3  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Zabrina and Joe Jer  (Read 8462 times)
Joab
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

Zabrina and Joe Jer
« on: Oct 17th, 2006, 2:43am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Friends from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and self-described reality show freaks, these two ex-colleagues see their friendship as an asset that will support them through their efforts in the race.  

"We're good friends," says Joe Jer "We can talk to each other."  

Zabrina agrees. "We have the same sense of humour, that's why it's good."  

Friendship comes with its own price - both of them can also be very direct, something that causes occasional friction. Eventually, though, the two manage to clear the air, and are all the stronger for it.  

Joe Jer and Zabrina met at the workplace, while working for a TV station. Joe Jer had been working there for some time before Zabrina joined the firm, and was one of the first friendly faces that Zabrina encountered there and soon a friendship blossomed when they discovered that they both had a mutual love for television. Not just a love for television, but in particular, for reality television shows. They are hard-core fans, and the two of them see this as one of the strengths that they will bring to The Amazing Race Asia.  

"We know the game," says Zabrina. "We really know it. We watch it all the time. We take note of all the things that go wrong and right in the game."

Knowing the game backwards and forwards also means that they know what mistakes to avoid, when to push one another, and when to let go. They've already developed some strategies that they will be bringing to the game, including keeping their heads, not laying blame, and not wasting time bickering. They plan to make decisions first, take appropriate action, whether right or wrong, and then bicker later. Clearly, they intend to learn from the mistakes of others.  

A love for television is not the only thing that they have in common. It is obvious from watching them interact how similar they both are - quick-witted, spontaneous, and more than a little gutsy. They banter easily, back and forth, and are quick to pick up where the other left off, as though they're used to finishing each others' sentences. They're also both into sports, and can be quite competitive.  

In other ways, they can be quite different.  

For example, Zabrina is the more emotional of the two, and can cry at the drop of a hat. Joe Jer, on the other hand, is somewhat more stoic, and does not react quite so easily. Fortunately, the two of them seem quite comfortable compensating for one another's shortcomings, so whenever Zabrina would get tense over the auditions, Joe Jer would calm her down.  

"Joe Jer's also quite stern, so I'm quite afraid of her," says Zabrina. Jokingly, of course, but Joe Jer is quick to protest.  

Their fast-talking style might become their trademark on the show - they trade barbs, back and forth, with the ease and the pace of a television sitcom. Joe Jer is punctual to a fault, Zabrina is never, ever on time, Joe Jer is a perfectionist, Zabrina a little more laid back, Joe Jer is more thrifty than Zabrina, and the list goes on. Viewers may enjoy trying to spot these differences, although it might be difficult to find them since the two are good at supporting one another.

Having worked together, the two have already worked out many of the kinks in their relationship. They have had fights, yelled at each other, and so on. They have already seen how their friendship works under pressure, and are confident that it will survive The Amazing Race Asia.  

"The Amazing Race Asia is a whole new game," says Zabrina, "There hasn't been an all-woman team winner yet, so we could be the first."  

Acknowledging their shortcomings, including the fact that they do not appear to be physically intimidating, the two still manage to give it a positive spin, hoping that their opponents will underestimate them. Besides, they have people skills, and will use whatever they have to their advantage during the course of the game.  

Taking part in The Amazing Race Asia was, for them, a chance to break out of their routines and try something new, with the prospect of some nice prizes at the end. It will also give them the opportunity to do some travelling, something that both of these women enjoy.  

Both of them are already savouring the prospect of The Amazing Race Asia, looking forward to the adventure of the entire thing.  

"We're going to enjoy the ride," says Joe Jer.  

They are also hoping to make it all the way to the end, even though they might look like unlikely contenders. They're still willing to use everything at their disposal, particularly their wit and intelligence, to make some waves and stir things up a bit.  

Clearly, these are two young women who are looking forward to the fun and the adventure of The Amazing Race Asia - particularly being able to share it with a friend.

http://amazing-race-asia.axn-asia.com/teams/zabrina-joejer/bio/1/
IP Logged

Vote in The Amazing Race Survival Battle -
http://www.forumsnet.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=tar5game;action=display;num=1229008287
banzai
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

Re: Zabrina and Joe Jer
« Reply #1 on: Nov 7th, 2006, 9:48pm »

If they race in Malaysia, then this team should have the hometown advantage.  Kiss
IP Logged
MK
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Nov 10th, 2006, 4:17am »

They surprised me! I love them!  Grin Poor Joe Jer "One, two, four!" lol. But they took it well. One of my faves.
IP Logged

Hi. Smiley
Alexander
ForumsNet Member
Mexico 

Charla and Mirna shall win Allstars!

Karkadam+Mirror
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Nov 12th, 2006, 10:16am »

They are my favourite!!!!
I just love them!!!! Go girls!!!!
IP Logged

My TOP 7 teams:
1.The Weavers!
2. Charla & Mirna
3. Aaron & Arianne
4. Meredith & Gretchen
5. Brian & Greg
6. Peggy & Claire
7. Paul & Amie
Heather
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Yami+Setsu
View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: Nov 12th, 2006, 3:00pm »

I liked them too! Cheesy They seem like a really nice team.
IP Logged

http://www.tengaged.com/user/supergoten
^please click this link as often as you want, give me free money on tengaged Cheesy
banzai
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Nov 12th, 2006, 3:52pm »

Did I hear they called each other "dude"?  Tongue
IP Logged
Joab
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Nov 12th, 2006, 8:55pm »

Yea. I'm surprised i like team Malaysia! Grin
IP Logged

http://www.forumsnet.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=tar5game;action=display;num=1229008287
MK
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Nov 15th, 2006, 6:03am »

My science teacher made a worksheet number "1. 2. 4. 5. 3." and I almost said she went to Joe Jer's School of Counting.
IP Logged

Hi. Smiley
Anthony
ForumsNet Member
United_Kingdom 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Nov 23rd, 2006, 10:05am »

They're my favourites, if an all-girl team win then it will hopefully be them! Cheesy  Smiley
IP Logged

Joab
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: Nov 23rd, 2006, 11:27am »

They survived this leg! Yay for them!! Grin
IP Logged

Joab
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #10 on: Dec 2nd, 2006, 1:19am »

Their air time is slowly decreasing. I hope that's a good sign, hopefully.
IP Logged

MK
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: Dec 14th, 2006, 4:49pm »

Zabrina was narrator for this leg! I still adore this team!  Grin
IP Logged

Hi. Smiley
Joab
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #12 on: Dec 20th, 2006, 2:39am »

This is the only all-female team left in the race. If i'm not rooting for this whacky team.. i will feel bad.

Go Joebrina!
IP Logged

Joab
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #13 on: Dec 29th, 2006, 3:37am »

THREE CHEERS FOR JOEBRINA MAKING FINAL 5! Grin
IP Logged

MK
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: Dec 29th, 2006, 9:06am »

Final Five is better than most All-Female teams! Keep it up girls! Smiley
IP Logged

Hi. Smiley
Pages: all 1 2 3  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.