Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 28th, 2024, 1:03pm

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « TAR Asia Season 2 - Pre-show Discussion »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Amazing Race
   Amazing Race - Asia
(Moderators: JP, Joab, Isle_be_back)
   TAR Asia Season 2 - Pre-show Discussion
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: all 1 2 3  ...  6 Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: TAR Asia Season 2 - Pre-show Discussion  (Read 7344 times)
banzai
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

TAR Asia Season 2 - Pre-show Discussion
« on: Mar 5th, 2007, 2:22pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I found this @ Sucks:

AXN-Asia announced that applications for the new season of TAR Asia has opened until 30th March 2007.

amazing-race-asia.axn-asia.com/season2/

TAKEN FROM THE AXN-ASIA WEBSITE:

Eligibility Requirements - In Brief.

* All applicants MUST understand and speak English.
* Each applicant must have a teammate in order to apply to participate on the Program.
* Both members of each team must be at least 21 years of age (as of March 30, 2007).
* You are eligible to apply if you are a citizen of Asia, or a non-Asian citizen who is currently living and/or working in Asia. Asia is defined as all countries within the AXN Asia footprint, and Japan (i.e., all of Asia except Australia, New Zealand, and the Middle East).
* Each team is responsible for ensuring that at least one member can drive a vehicle with a manual transmission, and at least one for automatic.
* All applicants must have a valid passport or be in the process of obtaining a passport (which process will be completed in time for the applicant to travel internationally should the applicant be selected as a participant).
* Employees, officers, directors and agents of any of the Producers and the immediate family (spouse, mother, father, sister, brother, daughter or son, regardless of where they live) or members of their same households (whether related or not) of such employees, officers, directors and agents are not eligible to be participants on the Program or to participate in this application process.

Popo - Edited thread title to official thread for pre-show discussion for TAR Asia 2.
« Last Edit: Oct 12th, 2007, 9:29am by Joab » IP Logged
Heather
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Yami+Setsu
View Profile Email

Re: TAR Asia season 2
« Reply #1 on: Mar 5th, 2007, 5:52pm »

I thought Japan wasn't included before..

Is anyone from here going to apply? Smiley
IP Logged

http://www.tengaged.com/user/supergoten
^please click this link as often as you want, give me free money on tengaged Cheesy
Joab
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 5th, 2007, 7:17pm »

4 more years! Just 4 more years! Wink
IP Logged

Vote in The Amazing Race Survival Battle -
http://www.forumsnet.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=tar5game;action=display;num=1229008287
Elizabeth
ForumsNet Member
Malaysia 

elizabethyong2001   dreamsofelle
View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: Mar 5th, 2007, 10:06pm »

yeah popo, 3 more years for me...only 3 more years...
IP Logged

Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous.
MK
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Mar 8th, 2007, 1:05am »

I will DEFINITELY apply when I can. I would love to go with my sister or dad or something. I just want to be on. I really have a feeling that I will know one of the teams this season. Or at least I hope so, that would be SO COOL!!  Grin
IP Logged

Hi. Smiley
Deidara
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

*Art. is a BLAST!*

vergil_yamato_16   amante_no_miko@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: Mar 8th, 2007, 1:07am »

4 more years for ME! Dang I want to race with my boyfriend... who only has two more years of waiting left to go <since he'll be turning 19 on Tuesday, March 13>... GRR!
« Last Edit: Mar 8th, 2007, 1:10am by Deidara » IP Logged

CallMeRob
You Bet Your ASS Team
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

kopee_bui@yahoo.com  
View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Apr 5th, 2007, 5:51am »

1 more year for me. =P Haha./
IP Logged

Please give my blog, daily clicks!
http://inghinyero.blogspot.com
And my reality show overload blog:
http://inghinyero-reality.blogspot.com
Joab
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: May 5th, 2007, 8:36am »

All of us on forumsnet should try and apply to be on the show since we aren't allowed to be on the US version.

TAR Asia >>> TAR 8,9,10,11 anytime!
IP Logged

http://www.forumsnet.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=tar5game;action=display;num=1229008287
Acalithos
ForumsNet Member
Australia 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #8 on: May 5th, 2007, 9:42am »

That would be fun pity i live in Australia which is not included
IP Logged

My Favourite TAR Teams

S16: Cirie,Yau-Man! TAR12: Ron/Christina!
Genius
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Asian engineering!

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: May 6th, 2007, 12:40am »

The suckiest thing is that the Youtube videos were removed before I could watch.  Cry Cry Cry
IP Logged

TAR14: Tammy and Victor
S18: Brendan, Taj, Spencer
banzai
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: Sep 9th, 2007, 9:41am »

Allan Wu's TARA2 interview:
http://showbizandstyle.inquirer.net/lifestyle/lifestyle/view_article.php ?article_id=85217

Conversation with an amazing TV host  

By Niño Mark Sablan
Inquirer
Last updated 10:02pm (Mla time) 08/28/2007

MANILA, Philippines - After hosting the first season of the AXN Original Production "The Amazing Race Asia," Singapore-based Chinese-American actor Allan Wu was deluged with endorsement deals, commercial offers and other various proposals - even invitations to star in a Filipino movie.

And while he did accept some of those irresistible offers (the Filipino flick sadly not being a part of it), he is now back as the host of season two of one of the world's greatest, most exciting and most successful reality TV franchises.

"The Amazing Race Asia" Season 2 (TARA 2) is set to premiere soon on AXN. While host Wu admits to trying to look a lot less like Phil Keoghan of the US edition and a lot more like himself in the new season, the show itself has undergone several exciting changes.

"You can never rest on your laurels," he says, referring to both his career and the show's success. Allan also states that while the first season put the show on the map, "TARA 2" will now be writing the map.

In an exclusive phoner with 2bU!, "TARA 2's" hot and sexy host reveals how not-so-nice some of the teams are in this season, what the challenges are like and how long he plans to be part of the show.

What can viewers expect from "TARA 2"?

You can expect a lot more surprises and a lot more drama. This year, the producers spent a lot of time and energy trying to pick out colorful and provocative and combustible contestants in the race and have them all thrown in the mix racing around the world. It's just a hundred percent unadulterated entertainment. The teams will go a lot farther. If you enjoyed last season, you'll definitely enjoy this season. It's even more exciting this year.

How different are the contestants in this new batch?

Last season, the teams were all quite nice people, this season they're laying their true colors out for everyone to see. Some of the teams even wanted to start fighting with me! They're very, very angry people!

With the new season we have new rules implemented also. Sometimes the teams refuse to accept their fate or the consequences of their actions. They think they're right.

Honestly, I think some of these teams might have been a little delusional but it obviously makes for great television, too.

Last year, all the teams were pretty much excited to be on the show. Last season, a lot of the teams were saying, wow, we're in the premiere, the maiden voyage of "The Amazing Race Asia." This time around, people know sort of what to expect but, I think, even more importantly, they are out to win that money and to be the champion. Some of them will stop at nothing to try and achieve that goal.

Are the contestants from "TARA 2" more interesting than those from the first season?

I would love to say most definitely for sure but I don't want to offend the first season contestants. But I definitely think they are more controversial. They are definitely more multifaceted and a lot more colorful.

Is there a special way of introducing the new season of "TARA"?

We're going to have a special episode before the actual premiere of the first leg of the race. It's called Racers Revealed and it gives the audience the chance to get more familiar with the racers before they actually start competing on the show. In that show, there's a good chance they're going to show some of these audition tapes so in the future, people will have a better idea of what it takes to be in the show.

Were there any improvements made?

For me personally as a host I think I needed to be more myself. I think I was trying probably too much to be like Phil (Keoghan), trying to fill Phil's shoes. But the show itself, people were saying there wasn't enough self driving or the teams were all always clumped up on the same flight. This year, you can expect none of that to really happen.
There's a lot more driving, with the teams going from location to location, which tests how well these teams work together.

How different are the challenges in this season?

There's probably less fear-related ones this time and more thinking and skill-related ones, too, but all the challenges reflect on the venue or location or country or continent we're at because we do travel very very far this time around.

Did the first season rate well?

I heard about it from the producers and the TV station and they were all very excited with the ratings and viewership and response so I think that's part of the reason why we came back for season two. It was hard for me to imagine this season being better but this season's going to be off the wall.

How long will you be committed to "TARA"?

I am committed to as many as they need me for, so as long as the show is there and as long as I don't do too bad of a job, I think I'll still be in line to host and be a part of "The Amazing Race Asia." It's a unique, special and historic opportunity for me. It's by far the most exciting, the most memorable and the most enjoyable job that I have ever had.
IP Logged
Heather
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Yami+Setsu
View Profile Email

« Reply #11 on: Sep 9th, 2007, 11:52am »

I hope the teams aren't as angry as say.... Jonathan/Victoria.  Roll Eyes

I can't wait though, seems like it's going to be an interesting season.  Cheesy
IP Logged

http://www.tengaged.com/user/supergoten
^please click this link as often as you want, give me free money on tengaged Cheesy
redwings8831
ForumsNet Member
USA 

MICHIGAN 81, DUKE 73!!!!!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #12 on: Sep 9th, 2007, 2:47pm »

one jonathan/victoria would be good, but if 3 or 4 teams are like them, than it could be a very interesting season
IP Logged
Joab
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #13 on: Sep 11th, 2007, 9:10am »

TARA RULES!
IP Logged

JP
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

Ditch IE. Use Firefox.

293041687 293041687     jezzieflanigan
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #14 on: Sep 11th, 2007, 2:52pm »

Can't wait for this!
IP Logged
Pages: all 1 2 3  ...  6 Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.