Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 18th, 2024, 2:29am

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « [official] The Amazing Race Asia 2 Teams »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Amazing Race
   Amazing Race - Asia
(Moderators: JP, Joab, Isle_be_back)
   [official] The Amazing Race Asia 2 Teams
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: all 1 2 3  Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: [official] The Amazing Race Asia 2 Teams  (Read 6236 times)
cruisack
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

Re: [official] The Amazing Race Asia 2 Teams
« Reply #30 on: Oct 6th, 2007, 1:25am »

Here's another one:

http://hearmeyall.blogspot.com/search/label/The%20Amazing%20Race%20Asia% 202

IP Logged
MK
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

View Profile

« Reply #31 on: Oct 6th, 2007, 2:31am »

Ha, the producers LOVE them their Pinoy teams! Lol! I think Marc/Rovilson have a good shot at winning this, so we might finally get a Pinoy win. Hmm, I haven't thought about this way before, but I wonder what country will steal the crown away from Malaysia to be the new home country of the Amazing Race winners?
IP Logged

Hi. Smiley
Joab
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #32 on: Oct 6th, 2007, 10:11am »

^^ Singapore. Smiley Kiss
IP Logged

Vote in The Amazing Race Survival Battle -
http://www.forumsnet.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=tar5game;action=display;num=1229008287
Elizabeth
ForumsNet Member
Malaysia 

elizabethyong2001   dreamsofelle
View Profile WWW

« Reply #33 on: Oct 6th, 2007, 11:22am »

on Oct 6th, 2007, 2:31am, MK, The Amazing Revolving Door wrote:
Ha, the producers LOVE them their Pinoy teams! Lol! I think Marc/Rovilson have a good shot at winning this, so we might finally get a Pinoy win. Hmm, I haven't thought about this way before, but I wonder what country will steal the crown away from Malaysia to be the new home country of the Amazing Race winners?

What makes you think Malaysia won't win again? Tongue
IP Logged

Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous.
Joab
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #34 on: Oct 6th, 2007, 9:21pm »

Oh wait, i do want Ann and Diane to win!!!!! Grin
IP Logged

http://www.forumsnet.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=tar5game;action=display;num=1229008287
MK
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

View Profile

« Reply #35 on: Oct 6th, 2007, 11:37pm »

Because other teams deserve a chance, teams like Henry/Terri and Marc/Rovilson.  Wink
IP Logged

Hi. Smiley
CallMeRob
You Bet Your ASS Team
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

kopee_bui@yahoo.com  
View Profile

« Reply #36 on: Oct 7th, 2007, 6:35am »

I agree MK, Philippines will steal it. "_
And there is an indication that both go far.
IP Logged

Please give my blog, daily clicks!
http://inghinyero.blogspot.com
And my reality show overload blog:
http://inghinyero-reality.blogspot.com
banzai
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #37 on: Oct 7th, 2007, 2:10pm »

Another article about the teams.
http://www.star-ecentral.com/news/story.asp?file=/2007/10/6/tvnradio/190 82676&sec=tvnradio

Thanks to JokersUpdates
IP Logged
banzai
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #38 on: Oct 9th, 2007, 12:34am »

http://services.inquirer.net/mobile/07/10/08/html_output/xmlhtml/2007100 5-92821-xml.html

On your mark, jet set, go!  
Paolo R. Reyes  
Inquirer  

October 05, 2007

MANILA, Philippines—There we were, 35,000 feet above the air, aboard a bumpy flight bound for Singapore, when the throaty cockpit voice of Captain Culanculan came crackling through the speakers: “Passengers … please fasten your seatbelts … we are about to make our final descent.”

As we returned our seats to the upright position, while dolled-up attendants wheeled away Duty Free carts containing tins of tobacco (or “tow-bay-ko,” as the P.A. system so eloquently announced) and handsome boxes of hard liquor, it was easy to imagine how the very novelty of travel—the unfamiliar scent of foreign soil, the labyrinth of alien streets, the indecipherable accents of strangers—can easily be lost on those preoccupied with way more important things.

Like a fiercely competitive race around the world. Or earning a ticket to early retirement-ville by way of a brag-worthy cash prize.

Be it for $100,000 (or P5 million, more or less) or simply for the glory of being crowned as the winners of “The Amazing Race Asia,” no amount of anxiety-abating downers will ever dampen the adrenaline of those taking part in the riveting, Emmy Award-winning reality TV series.

Last week, during a star-spangled bash at the Indochine Forbidden City in Clark Quay, action-adventure channel AXN finally unveiled the spanking new lineup of teams that will be slugging it out in the “The Amazing Race Asia 2.”

With a television-friendly roster that includes a hearing-impaired Singaporean gym junkie, estranged siblings from Japan, desperate housewives (and ex-dancers) from Malaysia, hot young starlets from Hong Kong, and two Pinoy teams (including the brawny pair of Marc Nelson and Rovilson Fernandez), the second season promises to be an intense, no-holds-barred scramble to the finish line.

Along the way, of course, expect your weekly dose of bratty tantrums, testosterone-induced clashes, and some serious flirting between the contestants.

“The teams in the second season picked themselves, they beat out 2,500 applications from all around Asia,” shared Michael McKay, the show’s executive producer and director, at Café del Mar in Siloso Beach, Sentosa. “In the first season, everyone was quite nice to each other. But this time around, the competition is much more intense. Any one of them could win.”

“To be honest, out of the Philippines alone, we could have picked seven teams,” McKay added. “They were all knockouts. Marc and Rovilson, hands down, had the best audition video we’ve ever seen. It was the same for [the other Filipino team] Terri and Henry Reed. The first 100 seconds of their video was already off the charts. I don’t know what it is about the Philippines, they’re some sort of reality TV factory!”

Full of tricky Road Blocks and deceptive Detours, “The Amazing Race Asia 2” is tipped to be another adrenaline-fueled odyssey through the heart of adventure. Witness these 10 feisty teams battle it out over language barriers and time constraints as they race through a multi-country arena spanning Asia and beyond.

Will the obstacles be too hot to handle? Or will they prevail upon the final Pit Stop, proud and patriotic, as the winners of the world’s most celebrated reality-adventure show? Tune in to AXN this November.

MARC NELSON & ROVI FERNANDEZ  
Connecting flight: Best Buddies
Country of origin: Philippines

Declaration form: They lovingly slam each other with put downs and insults, all in the name of friendship. Both love a good laugh and share an equally wicked sense of humor. Though they both have day jobs as TV hosts, there is a slight difference. “I’ve got hair,” Marc shares.

TERRI & HENRY REED  
Connecting flight: Married for 13 years
Country of origin: Philippines

Declaration form: Based in Cavite, the couple describes themselves as “borderline dysfunctional.” They talk, then argue, then smile, laugh, and talk, then argue again. “We plan to destroy our competitors by any legal means necessary,” Henry quips like a true US Navy officer.

DIANE DOUGLAS & ANN TAN  
Connecting flight: Dancing Mums
Country of origin: Malaysia

Declaration form: They are the dancing, desperate housewives of Malaysia—desperate for a stress-free vacation away from their husbands and children, that is. Ann, 40, and Diane, 33, are long-time dance buddies that enjoy moving their feet to hip-hop and funk jazz.

PAULA TAYLOR & NATASHA MONKS  
Connecting flight: Childhood Friends
Country of origin: Thailand

Declaration form: Both 24, childhood BFFs Paula and Taylor are a sight for sore eyes. Paula works as a VJ and movie actress in Bangkok. Natasha, a self-described “single girl” who likes “playing the field,” works for a mining company where she deals with, uh, explosives.

KINARYOSIH & BRETT MONEY  
Connecting flight: Dating for two years
Country of origin: Indonesia

Declaration form: Based in Jakarta, these good-looking lovers have been described as “glamorous” and “beautiful.” 28-year-old model Kinaryosih (like Sting or Sitti, she has no last name) is a rising actress, while 26-year-old Brett (her boyfriend of two years) is a physiotherapist.

DAICHI & SAWAKA KAWASHIMA  
Connecting flight: Siblings
Country of origin: Japan

Declaration form: Japan finally joins the cast through the mild-mannered pair of Daichi and Sawaki, estranged siblings who were only recently reunited. (Daichi married a European lass, resulting in a bloody family feud.) They are keen to put their differences behind them.

VANESSA & PAMELA CHONG  
Connecting flight: Sisters
Country of origin: Malaysia

Declaration form: These fetching Eurasian siblings are more than meets the eye. Vanessa is an artist manager. Pamela is a professional dancer. They have perfected an evil laugh, which—when coupled with their identical voices—sounds freaky when they laugh in unison.

MONICA LO & EDWIN LO  
Connecting flight: Dating for 10 years
Country of origin: Hong Kong

Declaration form: These high school sweethearts like to call themselves the “Rob and Amber” of the race. Edwin, 26, is an event organizer, while Monica, 28, is a former beauty queen and a popular actress with 17 Hong Kong movies and a slew of TV dramas under her belt.

COLLIN LOW & ADRIAN YAP  
Connecting flight: Gym Buddies
Country of origin: Singapore

Declaration form: Having met at the gym only a few months before the race, Collin and Adrian became fast friends thanks to their passion for fitness. But they hold a secret: 27-year-old Adrian is deaf and relies on sign language to communicate with his partner.

AURELIA CHENG & SOPHIE CHENAT  
Connecting flight: Ex-housemates
Country of origin: Hong Kong

Declaration form: Aurelia is a bubbly and outgoing model. Sophie is a serious and reflective writer. A love-hate relationship, by all accounts. Aurelia notes that Sophie is the “neatest person I ever met,” while she is the messiest person Sophie has ever come across. ’Nuff said.

©2007 www.inquirer.net all rights reserved  
IP Logged
Joab
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #39 on: Oct 9th, 2007, 7:32am »

As long as the winning team isn't a mactor-ish team, i'm fine with it.

Go non-mactors team!
IP Logged

Heather
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Yami+Setsu
View Profile Email

« Reply #40 on: Oct 9th, 2007, 4:00pm »

That's a sad reason for why Daichi got separated from his family  Sad
IP Logged

http://www.tengaged.com/user/supergoten
^please click this link as often as you want, give me free money on tengaged Cheesy
Undecided.
ForumsNet Member
USA 

American Idol: Bring Mishavonna Henson back! =)

View Profile

« Reply #41 on: Oct 9th, 2007, 6:56pm »

I like the young Malaysian females this season (Vanessa and Pamela).  I also like Aurelia and Sophie...

4 out of 10 of the teams are all female!  Shocked I already love this season!
IP Logged

MK
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

View Profile

« Reply #42 on: Oct 10th, 2007, 3:55am »

OMG HENRY AND TERRI I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
IP Logged

Hi. Smiley
Joab
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #43 on: Oct 12th, 2007, 9:27am »

Since the teams threads are made, this thread shall be locked.
IP Logged

Pages: all 1 2 3  Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.