Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 24th, 2024, 12:06am

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « TARA2: Episode 4 Discussion »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Amazing Race
   Amazing Race - Asia
(Moderators: JP, Joab, Isle_be_back)
   TARA2: Episode 4 Discussion
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: all 1 2 3  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: TARA2: Episode 4 Discussion  (Read 3808 times)
banzai
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

TARA2: Episode 4 Discussion
« on: Dec 13th, 2007, 4:11pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Their averages at the end of leg #4:

Marc & Rovilson (Philippines)  2+1+1+1/4=1.25
Ann & Diane ( Malaysia )  3+3+3+4/4=3.25
Paula & Natasha (Thailand)  6+2+4+3/4=3.75
Adrian & Collin (Singapore)  7+5+2+2/4=4
Pamela & Vanessa ( Malaysia )  1+4+7+6/4=4.5
Sawaka & Daichi ( Japan ) 8+8+6+5/4=6.75
Henry & Terri (Philippines)  9+9+5+7/4=7.5

(eliminated)
Sophie & Aurelia (Hong Kong )  5+7+8+8/4=7
Brett & Kinar (Indonesia)  4+6+9/3=6.3
Edwin & Monica (Hong Kong) 10+10/2=10

TARA1 & TARA2 Average Combo:

Marc & Rovilson (Philippines)  1.25
Ann & Diane ( Malaysia )  3.25
Andrew & Syeon ( Malaysia ) 3.58
Mardy & Marsio (Indonesia) 3.63
Sandy & Francesca (Hong Kong ) 3.67
Paula & Natasha (Thailand)  3.75
Zabrina & Joe Jer ( Malaysia ) 3.75
Adrian & Collin (Singapore)  4
Andy & Laura (Thailand) 4.3
Pamela & Vanessa ( Malaysia )  4.5
Howard & Sahran (Sri Lanka) 5
Sharon & Melody (Singapore) 5

Sahil & Prashant (India) 5.2
Jeena & Ernie (Philippines) 6
Brett & Kinar (Indonesia)  6.3
Aubrey & Jacqueline (Philippines) 6.33
Sawaka & Daichi ( Japan ) 6.75
Henry & Terri (Philippines)  7.5
Sophie & Aurelia (Hong Kong )  7
Edwin & Monica (Hong Kong) 10
IP Logged
MK
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

View Profile

Re: TARA2: Episode 4 Discussion
« Reply #1 on: Dec 14th, 2007, 2:03am »

*mocks Edwin and Monica again*

Now that that's over, I have a few things to say.

Banzai, S&A need to be above H&T in your average.

I must say that Sophie and Aurelia are probably among the worst teams in TAR history. That's too bad because I don't hate them. But if you can't even operate a gas pump, then you are SAD. S. A. D.
IP Logged

Hi. Smiley
JP
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

Ditch IE. Use Firefox.

293041687 293041687     jezzieflanigan
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 14th, 2007, 9:56am »

I watched it this morning. I liked the Detour, it's something significant to the culture of the Maoris. Sledging and Mud, uhm, TAR5 much? Too bad there wasn't any zorbing. :p

Sophie and Aurelia can't really catch up. I wonder what would happen if 2 teams were faced with the Hours of Operation thing.
IP Logged
Joab
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 14th, 2007, 11:27am »

I thought Brett and Kinar actually had a chance to catchup, had the other Detour be something that Kinar can do, they probably will still be in this race, but too bad she can't do the rockwall and had to give up on the Detour.

Marc and Rovilson, these 2 are pissing me off so much. Like SHUT UP? My goodness, their arrogance, extreme ego's really pissing me off, like - Oh, i know you reached the pitstop, just CHECK-IN and stop being such an A.A.S! (attract attention seeker)

On the other hand, Adrian and Collin are showing such a good side of singaporeans and i'm so proud of them. Smiley Go Adrian and Collin, i realized that as we move on into the race, i'm loving you two more and more and supporting you alot!

Paula and Natasha, as usual - I had so much fun watching these two race, always enjoying everything, worked well together, not screaming and shouting. I think they are my #1 team right now!

Ann and Diane, got abit lost and picked themselves up from 6th to 4th place, wow! Really hope that they can maintain with the speed from the other teams and not get lagged behind.

Daichi and Sawaka, i really love these two more and more. And i see more edit from them, so i'm really glad that it should be a good sign that we should be able to see them further into the race. And they are so supportive so each other!

Pamela and Vanessa - Their edit's running low now. I expect an elimination of this team soon.

Henry and Terri - Loads of screaming and shouting, but i really hope they can work well more together, and i'm sure they will move on far in the race because of their high screentime edit. :]

Detour is cool as it showed both sides of the culture, Roadblock - like ergh so TAR 5.

Oh yea, Marc and Rovilson might have done a hat-trick.. but how many teams actually did a hat-trick in the middle of the race and won? Maybe Hippies did, but they won the last three legs, but Romber and Colin/Christie didn't.. so i'm hoping they get cursed. Like stop making my favourite show boring. Thank God to Pamela and Vanessa for winning the first leg.

Go Paula/Natasha, Adrian/Collin, Ann/Diane and Daichi/Sawaka! Grin Grin
IP Logged

Vote in The Amazing Race Survival Battle -
http://www.forumsnet.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=tar5game;action=display;num=1229008287
JP
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

Ditch IE. Use Firefox.

293041687 293041687     jezzieflanigan
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 14th, 2007, 12:27pm »

on Dec 14th, 2007, 11:27am, Popo wrote:
Oh, i know you reached the pitstop, just CHECK-IN and stop being such an A.A.S! (attract attention seeker)

I thought that was hilarious. lol I thought Adrian/Collin would overtake them (that would have been a nice surprise!) but M/R were just kidding.
IP Logged
Ruth
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

TAR 14 Pre-show Favourites!

View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 14th, 2007, 12:37pm »

Lol. For a moment, I actually thought that Marc and Rovilson were lost somewhere and I saw hope for Adrian and Collin to come in first place, but turned out that they were merely playing a fool. Argh! First place again... they're entertaining at times, but I'm beginning to dislike them a little 'cos of their ego. I recall that they were doing the Flax Detour, and one of them mentioned something like, "What if a FEMALE team arrives..." and I was thinking, so they can't lose to a female team huh!

Way to go, Collin and Adrian! They have been doing rather well the past few legs, and I really hope that they can make it far and not get eliminated soon 'cos of their low screen time!

I just LOVE Paula and Natasha! They're so entertaining, and it's such a joy seeing them on the race. I was laughing like anything when Natasha told someone to send the other teams up North lol! I hope these two make it into the final three and better still, WIN IT! Cheesy

Ann and Diane are still doing really well, despite dropping a placing. I was rather worried for them when they got lost, but they managed to catch up and come in fourth! Yay!

I'm still rather neutral about Sawaka and Daichi, but they're really nice to each other and I like that. I'm still thinking that they will go soon though hmm.

Pamela and Vanessa... I don't really dislike them now, but they're not really working well together are they. Chill!

I'm getting a little annoyed by Terri's shouting and all that, but I like Henry. I hope that Terri can be a little nicer hee.

Wasn't surprised to see Sophie and Aurelia go. They were 7 hours behind, in the same country, there's zero hope of them catching up. And they seemed to take forever at the gas station hee.

I thought that the greeting at the pit-stop was really hilarious, most of the teams got such a shock and that made me laugh till my sides ached lol!

Here's hoping that Marc and Rovilson will not win anymore legs. Heh.
« Last Edit: Dec 14th, 2007, 12:40pm by Ruth » IP Logged

Survivor Tocantins: Carolina` Brendan` Erinn` JT` Sierra`
racelover
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Margie & Luke for the WIN!!

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Dec 14th, 2007, 7:55pm »

The tasks in TARA2 are too much like TAR5
IP Logged
Joab
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 14th, 2007, 8:38pm »

on Dec 14th, 2007, 12:27pm, JP wrote:

I thought that was hilarious. lol I thought Adrian/Collin would overtake them (that would have been a nice surprise!) but M/R were just kidding.

It was sure hilarious, but they are such annoying irritating fools. They knew they are in first place and they did that just to pretend they are lost? Like, wtf?
IP Logged

http://www.forumsnet.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=tar5game;action=display;num=1229008287
alternarist
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Dec 15th, 2007, 11:39am »

I SIMPLY HATE IT when TARA visit the exact same cities as the US TAR, and worse is that they do the same tasks like sledging and finding clue in the mud. They should not copy!!

And Sophie and Aurelia are probably the weakest team i have ever seen. They are just dilly dally-ing all their way thru NZ. They do not know how to operate the gas pump. Then how can u be a driver? Better off then stay in the race.

I also freaking dislike Rovilson and Marc. They are jus there for the entertainment. I cannot stand their ego and they are so proud. Jus freaking get your "team number 1" and step off the mat. Stop wasting time acting like a fool and tricking the audience that Adrian and Colin had a chance to beat you guys. I hope they get eliminated day.
IP Logged
banzai
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Dec 15th, 2007, 4:14pm »

IP Logged
Undecided.
ForumsNet Member
USA 

American Idol: Bring Mishavonna Henson back! =)

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: Dec 15th, 2007, 7:47pm »

May the Romber curse affect Marc and Rovilson.  Cool
IP Logged

Ruth
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

TAR 14 Pre-show Favourites!

View Profile Email

« Reply #11 on: Dec 16th, 2007, 11:44am »

^ I hope so too, I really do, but I'm sure that won't happen, it'll be too good to be true lol!
IP Logged

Survivor Tocantins: Carolina` Brendan` Erinn` JT` Sierra`
Heather
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Yami+Setsu
View Profile Email

« Reply #12 on: Dec 16th, 2007, 3:05pm »

Yea, my liking of Marc/Rovilson has gone down... I'm tired of seeing them in 1st and 2nd. And they are cocky. So GOOOOO Adrian/Collin! Cheesy

Sophie/Aurelia bothered me so much. I definitely don't mind having them gone, especially after making so many dumb moves like they did. What was wrong with the gas cap anyway?   Huh

Henry/Terri... she needs to calm down, seriously. And she wasn't happy to find out they were still in the race. But, I still like them because Henry's trying to be there to help her. I just hope that all Filipino couples aren't like that.  Grin
IP Logged

http://www.tengaged.com/user/supergoten
^please click this link as often as you want, give me free money on tengaged Cheesy
Joab
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #13 on: Dec 16th, 2007, 9:53pm »

Heather, i'm glad you're rooting for Team Singapore!

Sidenote: I'm so happy right now cause Hady Mirza from Singapore won Asian Idol! *offtopic*
IP Logged

zippo
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile Email

« Reply #14 on: Dec 17th, 2007, 8:50am »

Popo, I beg to disagree but I really don't find Marc and Rovilson arrogant or even cocky.  Being hams for the camera, maybe.  But I haven't seen any instance where they showed their supposed "arrogance."  If a team shows joy for placing 1st in a leg, I don't think this should be equated as arrogance.  Jumping up and down and whooping it up after a win is not arrogance.

Now, they may be hams before the camera but one mustunderstand that they're both hosts of television shows in Manila, albeit on different TV shows.  When a TV host has a camera thrust before his or her face, his or her instincts would naturally make him or her ham it up or "perform" before the camera.  Sure this takes the "reality" out of it (considering that this is, after all, a Reality Show) but that's what happens when the producers chose 2 TV hosts as a team.

Now for their winning 3 in a row, they are, after all, intelligent and fit people -- not to mention lucky.  We should not fault them for this.  I understand that this makes for bad, even boring, TV but my point is we shouldn't fault them for trying to win and actually winning.  This is, after all, a contest and we should expect everyone to try to win.
IP Logged
Pages: all 1 2 3  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.