Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 9:53am

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « TARA2 Episode 6 Discussion »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Amazing Race
   Amazing Race - Asia
(Moderators: JP, Joab, Isle_be_back)
   TARA2 Episode 6 Discussion
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: all 1 2 3 4  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: TARA2 Episode 6 Discussion  (Read 5226 times)
Joab
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

Re: TARA2 Episode 6 Discussion
« Reply #15 on: Dec 28th, 2007, 8:14am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Nobody really cares about what benw.blogspot.com writes. I don't even know it existed until you showed me the link.

With that said, i'll make Marc and Rovilson's placings sound nicer -

FIRST FIRST FIRST TBC FIRST.

So that's 3 legs in a row + TBC + 1 leg.

Where does the 4 legs in a row come from, when there's 5 legs in actual? :laff:
IP Logged

Vote in The Amazing Race Survival Battle -
http://www.forumsnet.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=tar5game;action=display;num=1229008287
zippo
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile Email

« Reply #16 on: Dec 28th, 2007, 9:40am »

on Dec 28th, 2007, 6:52am, beepboop wrote:
It was all one leg because they never actually stopped at the mat in Japan because it was not the pitstop which means Rovilson and Marc did get 4 in a row.

How right you are, beepbop.

It is very clear that one leg is from 1 pit stop to another pit stop.  

Just because 1 leg is edited much longer than other legs doesn't mean that the longer leg should be considered 2 legs.  This is soooo illogical.
IP Logged
zippo
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile Email

« Reply #17 on: Dec 28th, 2007, 9:43am »

on Dec 28th, 2007, 8:14am, Popo wrote:
Nobody really cares about what benw.blogspot.com writes.

If you really didn't care, then you wouldn't have responded.  Grin  Grin  Grin
IP Logged
Joab
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #18 on: Dec 28th, 2007, 9:48am »

I responded because i care about what write because all comments from all users are very valuable.
IP Logged

http://www.forumsnet.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=tar5game;action=display;num=1229008287
Undecided.
ForumsNet Member
USA 

American Idol: Bring Mishavonna Henson back! =)

View Profile

« Reply #19 on: Dec 28th, 2007, 9:50am »

The standings at the TBC do matter, and I agree that it messes up their record.  

There might not have been a pitstop, but they didn't get to Phil first.  The record still hasn't been beaten.  Tongue
IP Logged

Joab
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #20 on: Dec 28th, 2007, 9:54am »

Jake., we're on the same line for once. Grin
IP Logged

JP
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

Ditch IE. Use Firefox.

293041687 293041687     jezzieflanigan
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #21 on: Dec 28th, 2007, 9:54am »

on Dec 28th, 2007, 8:14am, Popo wrote:
Where does the 4 legs in a row come from, when there's 5 legs in actual? :laff:

Yes, TARA2 already had 5 legs, 4 normal ones, and 1 superleg. M/R won 4 out of the 5 legs in the race.

Definition of a "Leg":
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Amazing_Race#Race_legs

------------

Anyway, M/R had superluck in that leg. It would be hilarious though if their luck run out before the final leg and got eliminated by a luck task, or a taxi.

Henry and Terri... Roll Eyes Yielding M/R? Well at least they proved that you can use the Yield on ANYONE, even on teams ahead of you. Not that it would make a difference.

I didn't want Daichi/Sawaka to be eliminated, you could see that Sawaka really wanted to do the Race. They just kept "slipping" in their position. But the Final 6 teams are the most competitive of the lot so they all deserve their placings their. btw, can the Japanese siblings speak Korean? or were they speaking Japanese and the people there understand a bit of it (like a second language)?

Still not sure where the Ann/Diane hate is coming from.  

Fun episode!
IP Logged
JP
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

Ditch IE. Use Firefox.

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #22 on: Dec 28th, 2007, 9:57am »

on Dec 28th, 2007, 9:50am, Jake. wrote:
There might not have been a pitstop, but they didn't get to Phil first. The record still hasn't been beaten.  Tongue

Phil?? Wink Wink Wink

ETA: What's the record again? BJ/Tyler coming in 1st 3 times in a row?? Woo HOO!!! Grin Grin Grin
« Last Edit: Dec 28th, 2007, 9:57am by JP » IP Logged
zippo
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile Email

« Reply #23 on: Dec 28th, 2007, 10:19am »

on Dec 28th, 2007, 9:54am, JP wrote:

Yes, TARA2 already had 5 legs, 4 normal ones, and 1 superleg. M/R won 4 out of the 5 legs in the race.

Definition of a "Leg":
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Amazing_Race#Race_legs

You are right JP.  TARA-2 already has 5 legs:  4 normal ones and 1 superleg/  I checked JP's link to wikipedia and TAR rules indeed read that: a leg only finishes when the members of a team step on a check-in mat "at a designated pit stop."  Since Fukuoka clearly was NOT a pit stop, the leg continued until its end in Busan, Korea.

Thus, the 1st leg was won by Pamela/Vanessa (Manila-Fort Santiago) and the next 4 legs were won by M/R (1.Manila-Paco Park, 2.New Zealand, 3.New Zealand, 4.Busan, South Korea).  All  in all a total of 5 legs spread out to 6 episodes.

Popo, if you can show me a written rule that a TBC is equivalent to 1 leg, then I'll accede.  I'm betting that you can't.

Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy
IP Logged
Joab
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #24 on: Dec 28th, 2007, 10:37am »

I don't have to, it's my own belief that they didn't win 4 legs in a row. I don't need to convince someone else that they won 4 legs in a row just because i have to, i'm not that childish.
IP Logged

JP
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

Ditch IE. Use Firefox.

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #25 on: Dec 28th, 2007, 10:54am »

on Dec 27th, 2007, 9:04am, Popo wrote:
Marc and Rovilson didn't get 4 fourth placings in a row, there's a TBC in the middle. The TBC restarted all the leg wins countings.

on Dec 27th, 2007, 9:02pm, Popo wrote:
And no, Marc and Rovilson didn't come in four times in a row, they only came in three times, 2nd at the TBC leg, and first again. Smiley

Either you're trying to convince people of your beliefs, or you're just stating your opinion, which is what everyone else is doing all along. Anyway, a debate is good. There's nothing childish about debates. Actually, childish people are the ones who can't come in a debate without getting emotional and calling what other people are doing childish. Wink
IP Logged
alternarist
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #26 on: Dec 28th, 2007, 10:57am »

Lol.. they won 4 legs in a row! i thinkt he production team are tired handing them prizes so they decided to stop for a leg. Tongue i am pretty sick and tired looking at them seeking attention everywhere even at the temple. I think it's a mistake to even include them in the race.

I am sad to see Daichi and Sawaka go.. they are jus so nice and sweet! but it's ok. They tried their best. just that others were more scheming than them like ann and diane. Sad

Terri and Henry... totally speechless. They actually thought that they would be faster than Marc and Rovilson.
IP Logged
Joab
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #27 on: Dec 28th, 2007, 11:07am »

Oh, i love the Marc and Rovilson from everyone at Sucks. The comments cracked me up. :laff:
IP Logged

Undecided.
ForumsNet Member
USA 

American Idol: Bring Mishavonna Henson back! =)

View Profile

« Reply #28 on: Dec 28th, 2007, 11:14am »

on Dec 28th, 2007, 9:54am, Popo wrote:
Jake., we're on the same line for once. Grin

Lol, I know. Tongue

Quote:
Oh, i love the Marc and Rovilson from everyone at Sucks. The comments cracked me up.

The hate thread? :laff: Ray showed me that.

They are just growing old for me.  We know they are a strong team, that is obvious.  Now that Daichi and Sawaka are gone, I'll be rooting for an all female final 3. =D
IP Logged

Ruth
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

TAR 14 Pre-show Favourites!

View Profile Email

« Reply #29 on: Dec 28th, 2007, 2:56pm »

Argh! Marc and Rovilson are first again! I totally CANNOT believe their luck at the Roadblock. Oh by the way, WONDERFUL disguises on their part, I'm SURE that the other teams did not recognize them one bit. Roll Eyes

I was so happy that Collin and Adrian overtook Marc and Rovilson to the Yield! It doesn't matter that they didn't yield Marc and Rovilson though. After all, it's not like they were battling for last place or something. Sigh, I did think that they could get a first place this leg, especially since they finished the Detour first and all that but they were overtaken by Marc and Rovilson. Oh, did Collin and Adrian really steal their cab? I wasn't paying total attention there. Nevertheless, they raced well, I still love them, and I'm proud of them!

I was really sad when it came down to Ann and Diane and Sawaka and Daichi to battle for last place. I like both teams and although I knew it was quite impossible, I was actually hoping for a Terri/Henry elimination instead. Of course I'd have rather Ann and Diane stayed over Sawaka and Daichi, but the siblings' elimination was a rather tearful one too. Hee. Oh, why would anyone believe that they had to go back to the airport for their next clue? Lol.

I'm hoping that Marc and Rovilson do not come in first place again next leg. Ah whatever, really, as long as they just don't win the race. Heh.
IP Logged

Survivor Tocantins: Carolina` Brendan` Erinn` JT` Sierra`
Pages: all 1 2 3 4  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.