Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 20th, 2024, 3:53am

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « TARA2 Episode 6 Discussion »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Amazing Race
   Amazing Race - Asia
(Moderators: JP, Joab, Isle_be_back)
   TARA2 Episode 6 Discussion
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: all 1 2 3 4  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: TARA2 Episode 6 Discussion  (Read 5225 times)
zippo
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile Email

Re: TARA2 Episode 6 Discussion
« Reply #30 on: Dec 28th, 2007, 4:01pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Dec 28th, 2007, 10:37am, Popo wrote:
I don't have to, it's my own belief that they didn't win 4 legs in a row. I don't need to convince someone else that they won 4 legs in a row just because i have to, i'm not that childish.

Popo, I stated my opinion that M/R won 4 legs in a row and I backed up my opinion by quoting a written rule which supports my opinion.

You, on the other hand, stated your opinion and offered no written rule to back it up.

When someone lacks objectivity -- that's being childish.

Popo, I'm not trying to fight with you.  I'm just saying that I know you dislike M/R and I respect your right to dislike them.  I respect your right to think of them as "cocky" or "arrogant" or whatever else you might want to call them. BUT let's give them credit for winning 4 legs in a row -- 3 normal legs and 1 super leg (again, I base my opinion on the written official TAR Rules as provided for in wikipedia.org)

Olive branch?  Smiley
IP Logged
banzai
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #31 on: Dec 28th, 2007, 5:58pm »

Their averages at the end of leg #5 (TBC episode doesn't count):

Marc & Rovilson (Philippines)  2+1+1+1+1/5=1.2
Adrian & Collin (Singapore)  7+5+2+2+2/5=3.6
Ann & Diane ( Malaysia )  3+3+3+4+6/5=3.8
Paula & Natasha (Thailand)  6+2+4+3+5/5=4
Pamela & Vanessa ( Malaysia )  1+4+7+6+4/5=4.4
Henry & Terri (Philippines)  9+9+5+7+3/5=6.6

(eliminated)
Brett & Kinar (Indonesia)  4+6+9/3=6.3
Sawaka & Daichi ( Japan ) 8+8+6+5+7/4=6.8
Sophie & Aurelia (Hong Kong )  5+7+8+8/4=7
Edwin & Monica (Hong Kong) 10+10/2=10
-------------------------------------------------
TARA1 & TARA2 Average Combo
at the end of leg #5 in TARA2:

Marc & Rovilson (Philippines)  1.2
Andrew & Syeon ( Malaysia ) 3.58
Adrian & Collin (Singapore)  3.6
Mardy & Marsio (Indonesia) 3.63
Sandy & Francesca (Hong Kong ) 3.67
Zabrina & Joe Jer ( Malaysia ) 3.75
Ann & Diane ( Malaysia )  3.8
Paula & Natasha (Thailand)  4
Andy & Laura (Thailand) 4.3
Pamela & Vanessa ( Malaysia )  4.4
Howard & Sahran (Sri Lanka) 5
Sharon & Melody (Singapore) 5

Sahil & Prashant (India) 5.2
Jeena & Ernie (Philippines) 6
Brett & Kinar (Indonesia)  6.3
Aubrey & Jacqueline (Philippines) 6.33
Henry & Terri (Philippines)  6.6
Sawaka & Daichi ( Japan ) 6.8
Sophie & Aurelia (Hong Kong )  7
Edwin & Monica (Hong Kong) 10
IP Logged
Joab
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #32 on: Dec 28th, 2007, 6:47pm »

IN MY OPINION -

Marc and Rovilson came in SECOND on the FIRST LEG, FIRST on the SECOND LEG, FIRST on the THIRD LEG, FIRST on the FOURTH LEG, SECOND on the FIFTH TBC LEG and FIRST again on the SIXTH LEG.

That's 2, 1, 1, 1, 2, 1. It's SIMPLE mathematics, do i have to put it ANY SIMPLER?

There's 6 EPISODES up to now for TARA. Marc and Rovilson won FOUR out of SIX EPISODES. If that makes it sound BETTER and MORE convincing for YOU.

TAKE IT or LEAVE IT. I will never SEE IT as THEM winning FOUR legs in a ROW because of the TBC. If they had came in FIRST at the FAKE PITSTOP, then i WOULD have given them the credit, but they DIDN'T.

And WHO SAYS the TBC leg isn't a PITSTOP. Go REWATCH it AGAIN. When ALLAN WU announced to the teams to MAKE THEIR WAY THERE, he said TEAMS HAVE TO NOW TRAVEL TO THE PITSTOP, instead of "FIND ALLAN". So IT'S A PITSTOP for the TBC leg, since ALLAN WU said it HIMSELF DURING the SHOW. GET IT?

And in TAR 7, TAR 8, TAR 9, TAR 10, they included TBCs as a SINGLE LEG on their LEADERBOARDS on the CBS website. They will blank OUT the WHOLE ROW as BLACK for that PARTICULAR TBC LEG. Thus, Marc and Rovilson, DIDN'T win FOUR legs in a ROW. Rather, THEY WON 3 legs in a ROW, and because of the TBC, their RECORD was DROPPED.

And NO, even if it's my favourite teams in this SITUATION, i'll still THINK they only win THREE in a ROW - Because i DON'T love my teams BLINDLY without a REASON.

You want OBJECTIVITY? You want back up? I offered TWO above. Take it, OR leave it. As i've said. NOW, stop the ARGUMENT because this is JUST a DIFFERING in PERCEPTIONS, and if it was to CONTINUE, this will NEVER STOP.

THANK YOU.
« Last Edit: Dec 28th, 2007, 6:49pm by Joab » IP Logged

Vote in The Amazing Race Survival Battle -
http://www.forumsnet.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=tar5game;action=display;num=1229008287
zippo
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile Email

« Reply #33 on: Dec 28th, 2007, 7:12pm »

Popo, TAR rules are clear and written.  A leg is from 1 pit stop to another pit stop.  A pit stop is a "mandatory rest period" (again, you just have to read the TAR rules as stated in wikipedia.org).  This never happened in Fukuoka.

I'm not arguing with you, my dear Popo.  I'm merely stating a fact.

It seems you're the one who doesn't want to make this stop.

And, oh yes, you're most welcome  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy
IP Logged
zippo
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile Email

« Reply #34 on: Dec 28th, 2007, 7:28pm »

on Dec 28th, 2007, 5:58pm, tvshow1 wrote:
Their averages at the end of leg #5 (TBC episode doesn't count):

Marc & Rovilson (Philippines)  2+1+1+1+1/5=1.2
Adrian & Collin (Singapore)  7+5+2+2+2/5=3.6
Ann & Diane ( Malaysia )  3+3+3+4+6/5=3.8
Paula & Natasha (Thailand)  6+2+4+3+5/5=4
Pamela & Vanessa ( Malaysia )  1+4+7+6+4/5=4.4
Henry & Terri (Philippines)  9+9+5+7+3/5=6.6

Even tvshow1 agrees that M/R won 4-in-a-row and that TBCs don't count.  

I know you probably hate me already as much, if not more, than M/R (if this is true, please know that the feeling is definitely NOT mutual).  But, Popo, I urge you to just read the written TAR rules at wikipedia.org.  It will enlighten you as to what "a leg" is; what "a pit stop" is; what a "super leg" is. The rules are all there.  You just have to read it for yourself.

Now if after you've read the written rules and you still feel that a TBC is a leg, then at least give us a concrete, logical, and educated basis for your opinion.  
IP Logged
ImANewUser
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #35 on: Dec 28th, 2007, 8:45pm »

Lol...this time, I kinda agree with Popo. There was a mat. If this were like the TAR 6 and TAR 10 TBC legs where there was no mat in-between, then okay, they won four legs. But the thing is, there was a mat. Thus, technically, it was a Pitstop. So technically, they won 3 and placed 2nd, then won again. Statistically speaking, however, they won 4 legs in a row. So, congrats to them for that.

In other news, congrats to JJ/Z for having the highest average out of all TARA all-female teams. Grin
« Last Edit: Dec 28th, 2007, 8:51pm by ImANewUser » IP Logged

I wanna see if I can embark on reviving Forumsnet. I hope I succeed. I really miss this place. Cheesy
zippo
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile Email

« Reply #36 on: Dec 28th, 2007, 10:14pm »

Hi Raymond.  I'm just basing my side on the fact that TAR rules clearly provide that a leg is from 1 pitstop to another pitstop.  Again, I refer to the TAR rules provided for in the wikipedia.org link which was given by JP.  A pitstop is termed as "a mandatory rest period".  Obviously, there was none in Fukuoka.  It was an extra-long leg or, what TAR rules describe as a "super leg."  Again, the written rules are there for you to read.

IP Logged
ImANewUser
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #37 on: Dec 28th, 2007, 10:24pm »

I know that. Wink I just count them as that for my own purpose, thus the whole statistically speaking part. I know that it's a fact that they won 4 legs in a row, but I still count superlegs as two separate legs because had the producers researched more on begging in Hungary, there might've been no TBC legs, hence the whole technically part.

Hope I made that clear. Grin
IP Logged

I wanna see if I can embark on reviving Forumsnet. I hope I succeed. I really miss this place. Cheesy
Jejo
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

My world is ORANGE.

shargx  
View Profile

« Reply #38 on: Dec 29th, 2007, 3:19am »

Popo, just to make it clear.

We are talking about legs, not episodes.

If you insist that 1 leg = 1 episode, I'm sorry, but Leg 5 was for 2 episodes, Episode 5 and Episode 6. If Leg 5 ended in Episode 5, then they should've taken the 12 hour mandatory rest period.

Did they even stop for 12 seconds as soon as Phil gave them the clue?

Please just accept the truth that the team you hate the most actually broke the record. I'm sorry.

By the way, would you deny the fact that a team won 4 legs if it was, say, Henry/Terri in the situation of Marc/Rovilson?
IP Logged

I'm back! Cheesy
Jejo
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

My world is ORANGE.

shargx  
View Profile

« Reply #39 on: Dec 29th, 2007, 3:36am »

Please don't take me as arguing, I'm just pointing out something I wish to.
IP Logged

I'm back! Cheesy
Joab
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #40 on: Dec 29th, 2007, 10:09am »

Quote:
By the way, would you deny the fact that a team won 4 legs if it was, say, Henry/Terri in the situation of Marc/Rovilson?

Are you sure you read everything i posted? - Quote:
And NO, even if it's my favourite teams in this SITUATION, i'll still THINK they only win THREE in a ROW - Because i DON'T love my teams BLINDLY without a REASON.

zippo, i don't give a damn about what wikipedia says. =)

The concrete, logical and educated reason? - They came in 3 times 1st in a row, followed by 2nd on a TBC, and 1st on the leg after the TBC. How did that come as 4 legs in a row when there's 6 episodes and 6 different legs for teams to run in so far. I've provided evidences on my theory, you either couldn't understand, or you just refused to accept it, like how i refused to accept your "OH-SO-BIG" wikipedia analogy and your so-called rule.

Jejo, you're free to point out something you wish to, no one is stopping you. Opinions are always allowed on this forums.
IP Logged

Vote in The Amazing Race Survival Battle -
http://www.forumsnet.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=tar5game;action=display;num=1229008287
zippo
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile Email

« Reply #41 on: Dec 29th, 2007, 3:19pm »

on Dec 29th, 2007, 10:09am, Popo wrote:

Are you sure you read everything i posted? -  

zippo, i don't give a damn about what wikipedia says. =)

The concrete, logical and educated reason? - They came in 3 times 1st in a row, followed by 2nd on a TBC, and 1st on the leg after the TBC. How did that come as 4 legs in a row when there's 6 episodes and 6 different legs for teams to run in so far. I've provided evidences on my theory, you either couldn't understand, or you just refused to accept it, like how i refused to accept your "OH-SO-BIG" wikipedia analogy and your so-called rule.

Jejo, you're free to point out something you wish to, no one is stopping you. Opinions are always allowed on this forums.

My dear Popo, you say that "opinions are aways allowed on this forums (sic)."  Then you contradict yourself by saying "you don't give a damn" what the written rule says.  

You also ask Jejo if he read everything that you posted.  Well, my dear Popo, have you read the written TAR rules the link of which was provided earlier?  I guess you haven't because you just said that "you didn't give a damn about it."  I'd hate to think that, perhaps, you are afraid to read it for fear of being proven wrong.  

Again, it is clear that 1 episode does NOT and will NEVER equal 1 leg.  We are talking about legs NOR episodes.  1 leg is from 1 pit stop to another pit stop.  You say that you "have provided evidences (sic)" on your theory, I do not think that you have presented any concrete one thus far to contradict the clear written rule that 1 leg is from 1 pit stop to another pit stop considering that TAR and TARA episodes announce verbally that "a pit stop is a mandatory rest period."  Jejo himself was correct when he pointed out that there was NOT even a 12-second rest in Fukuoka.  

As such, it is clear that M/R (the team you hate most) has won 4 legs in a row -- more wins in a row, I believe, that any team in TAR/TARA history.

IP Logged
zippo
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile Email

« Reply #42 on: Dec 29th, 2007, 3:21pm »

Sorry for the typo error on the 2nd sentence of the 3rd paragraph.  It was meant to read: "We are talking about legs NOT episodes."

Smiley
IP Logged
Heather
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Yami+Setsu
View Profile Email

« Reply #43 on: Dec 29th, 2007, 4:13pm »

Oh my gosh, everyone, calm down, who really cares how many legs Marc/Rovilson have won?! Let's just say they've won a LOT.  Grin

Anyway, why exactly did Henry/Terri yield Marc/Rovilson? Did they really think that they could slow down a team in front of them? Although Collin/Adrian should have used it, I can see why they didn't, it would just cause more reason for M/R to be mad at them...

Sad to see Daichi/Sawaka gone, but I still don't get the hate for Ann/Diane.
IP Logged

http://www.tengaged.com/user/supergoten
^please click this link as often as you want, give me free money on tengaged Cheesy
zippo
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile Email

« Reply #44 on: Dec 29th, 2007, 4:46pm »

Hi Heather.  I myself can't get the deal with H/T yielding M/R.  I can't even tell whether or not it was done tongue-in-cheek?

As regards the A/D hate, I guess we'd have to see the dynamics of the teams during the pit stops to have a bigger picture.  One thing is telling though: during the ferry trip from Fukuoka to Busan, all the teams were shown swapping stories and having a good time with each other (I caught M/R, C/A, H/T, D/S, N/P, and P/V grouped together) BUT I didn't see A/D with the group.  Now, this is just a guess and I'm just basing this on that short clip of the time they had on the ferry BUT it could be that, during breaks (i.e., on trips, while waiting for flights, etc.) or during pit stops, A/D just keep to themselves OR are not as friendly towards the other teams as much as the other teams are with each other.

I was also quite sad to see D/S go.

Also, why is it that it was only M/R's taxi driver that delivered his passengers to the APEC House front door?  The rest of the taxi drivers delivered their passengers at the side which necessitated most of the teams to walk a longer distance and to even climb over a closed gate.  Plus, upon entering the main door of the APEC House, one of the APEC House personnel even directed M/R where to go thereby overtaking C/A.
IP Logged
Pages: all 1 2 3 4  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.